Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

That is correct. The website only lists some stuff.

thanks! I'm just one person with a small place, but I finally realized how much cheaper gas is so it's worth it just for that (75 cents/gal lower currently for premium)

my plan is to mainly get toiletries and home goods but nothing too much so I have space for it. laundry detergent, dish soap, dishwasher pacs, bath tissue (though I don't use this often as I have a bidet)

but my sonicare just died so I hope I can get just one!

Also I know about the hot dog deal, but I'm a vegetarian. Do they offer vegetarian options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

actionjackson posted:

I finally got a costco membership. I assume they have stuff in stores not on their website? I need a new sonicare brush, but on the website they only have it in two packs.

They've only ever sold them in two packs at my warehouse. Well the motors are in 2 packs, the heads are ten packs I think.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

actionjackson posted:

thanks! I'm just one person with a small place, but I finally realized how much cheaper gas is so it's worth it just for that (75 cents/gal lower currently for premium)

my plan is to mainly get toiletries and home goods but nothing too much so I have space for it. laundry detergent, dish soap, dishwasher pacs, bath tissue (though I don't use this often as I have a bidet)

but my sonicare just died so I hope I can get just one!

Also I know about the hot dog deal, but I'm a vegetarian. Do they offer vegetarian options?

Cheese pizza and smoothies are all you got for that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

actionjackson posted:

Get the hot dog deal but throw the dog away and just eat the bun with condiments.

The churro might be vegetarian but yeah those options are limited.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
get salad and toss chicken

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Alan Smithee posted:

get salad and toss chicken

Oh baby I hear the blues a-callin'

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

ah ok, thanks. might have to go elsewhere

Is this one supposed to say ProtectiveClean? I can't find this model online anywhere else, including the sonicare website

https://www.costco.com/philips-sonicare-professional-clean-rechargeable-electric-toothbrush%2c-2-pack.product.4000200042.html

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

costco story: first time i was in one, it was the one in Portland OR (might be the first costco? not sure). We asked where the beer and wine was, this guy said "over there we have beer and wine, urns and caskets"

my friend said "did he say urns and caskets?"

i could not stop laughing the whole time i was in the store. i was in tears

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

actionjackson posted:

costco story: first time i was in one, it was the one in Portland OR (might be the first costco? not sure). We asked where the beer and wine was, this guy said "over there we have beer and wine, urns and caskets"

my friend said "did he say urns and caskets?"

i could not stop laughing the whole time i was in the store. i was in tears

First Costco was in Seattle/Kirkland area, but the one on NE 138th Ave in Portland was #2. Specifically, according to the receipt it's #0002.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

actionjackson posted:

urns and caskets"

still not vegetarian sorry

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

also you can always get a slice of cheese pizza

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Store #1 is in South Seattle and you'd think they'd do something special with it for being the first store but nope, we got the same no-combo slice food court as everybody else.

I'm also just one person in a small apartment and still get plenty of value out of my Costco membership, even without buying gas (which I really should start doing though). If you have Instacart in your area that will often give you a more accurate picture of what's available in-warehouse than the official Costco app/website.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

bizwank posted:

Store #1 is in South Seattle and you'd think they'd do something special with it for being the first store but nope, we got the same no-combo slice food court as everybody else.

I'm also just one person in a small apartment and still get plenty of value out of my Costco membership, even without buying gas (which I really should start doing though). If you have Instacart in your area that will often give you a more accurate picture of what's available in-warehouse than the official Costco app/website.

Is #1 as weirdly small as #2 is? It's clear that they built that store when warehouse stores were still new. I can easily handle going to that one when it's just restocking on pumpkin pie and hearing aid batteries, but if I want to do more than just powering through I like to stroll through the HUGE one out in the suburbs.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

#1 was rebuilt in 2005 and is now 158k square feet; I don't know how that compares to other locations but it feels anything but small.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

That's about average for Costco warehouses, but it doesn't feel like it on the weekend. It has a car wash.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

bizwank posted:

#1 was rebuilt in 2005 and is now 158k square feet; I don't know how that compares to other locations but it feels anything but small.

I measured on Google maps instead of working and it turns out it's around 140k sqft. Some googling indicates it's the highest volume store in the NW though, and consistently one of the top five nationally for sales. Maybe that's why it feels so cramped. Definitely draws a LOT of traffic from Washington state for the lack of sales tax.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

actionjackson posted:

I finally got a costco membership. I assume they have stuff in stores not on their website? I need a new sonicare brush, but on the website they only have it in two packs.

large hands posted:

They've only ever sold them in two packs at my warehouse. Well the motors are in 2 packs, the heads are ten packs I think.

And those two-packs usually cost about the same as a one-pack everywhere else, so even if you don't have immediate use for the second one it's like getting a free spare for when the first one dies. They also tend to come with a good number/variety of brush heads.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

bizwank posted:

#1 was rebuilt in 2005

Wasn't there something about them not wanting to lose #1 as their number, so unlike every single other relocation they changed the number back from #1051 or whatever it was, back to #1?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

No Pants posted:

That's about average for Costco warehouses, but it doesn't feel like it on the weekend. It has a car wash.

why the gently caress would seattle need a carwash :bang:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

? Rain doesn't wash your car clean unless its really filthy to begin with

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Good enough for the average goon

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

astral posted:

And those two-packs usually cost about the same as a one-pack everywhere else, so even if you don't have immediate use for the second one it's like getting a free spare for when the first one dies. They also tend to come with a good number/variety of brush heads.

Yeah, we buy the two packs and find you get about two years out of each unit. The travel chargers/cases they come with are nice and like you say, the price is unbeatable, especially when they go on sale every six months or so.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I just bought some Suri toothbrushes to replace a failing Sonicaire. They seem pretty good so far and use recyclable brush heads that you ship back to them. The base part is supposedly repairable too. Check em out yo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I just bought some Suri toothbrushes to replace a failing Sonicaire. They seem pretty good so far and use recyclable brush heads that you ship back to them. The base part is supposedly repairable too. Check em out yo.

I'd imagine that putting a few used plastic toothbrush heads on a truck and then airplane for 1,000 miles would be more wasteful than trashing them. :confused:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

If they had dedicated trucks just for the toothbrush heads sure, these travel by the good old usps with all the other mail.

I will admit that I'm no mail/ climate scientist though. Just presenting an option besides Sonicare because they seem to fail pretty often.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

binge crotching posted:

Wasn't there something about them not wanting to lose #1 as their number, so unlike every single other relocation they changed the number back from #1051 or whatever it was, back to #1?
No idea but I doubt there's some independent regulatory agency that's numbering Costco stores. It's still the first one even if they rebuilt the building (and shifted it to the other side of the property).

Alan Smithee posted:

why the gently caress would seattle need a carwash :bang:
Seattle was actually the first location with a car wash, added in 2006. I go by it almost daily and during the summer the car wash line can be as long as the gas lines.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

bizwank posted:

No idea but I doubt there's some independent regulatory agency that's numbering Costco stores. It's still the first one even if they rebuilt the building (and shifted it to the other side of the property).

Seattle was actually the first location with a car wash, added in 2006. I go by it almost daily and during the summer the car wash line can be as long as the gas lines.

there are other ones? :negative:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bizwank posted:

Costco #1-A

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Costco #1 PLUS

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Can confirm #2 has onions, eating a hot dog with them now

can #1.1 say the same?

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Costco Prime

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Big Mac posted:

Can confirm #2 has onions, eating a hot dog with them now

can #1.1 say the same?

my #2 has corn

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

#1 has onions behind the counter, you just have to ask for them

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

actionjackson posted:

ah ok, thanks. might have to go elsewhere

Is this one supposed to say ProtectiveClean? I can't find this model online anywhere else, including the sonicare website

https://www.costco.com/philips-sonicare-professional-clean-rechargeable-electric-toothbrush%2c-2-pack.product.4000200042.html

For a lot of things (TVs, Roombas, etc) CostCo gets unique model numbers. It’s usually not mechanically different but it might be bundled with different/more accessories.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
One Costco hot dog and drink animal style please.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

not gonna recommend the green chili cheddar queso. it reminds one of pimento cheese and easy-melt style queso dip, but it is inferior to both. one of those weird foods that makes you wish you were eating something else

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

david_a posted:

For a lot of things (TVs, Roombas, etc) CostCo gets unique model numbers. It’s usually not mechanically different but it might be bundled with different/more accessories.

Presumably the suppliers do this to not piss off other retailers that have price matching/beating policies.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

not gonna recommend the green chili cheddar queso. it reminds one of pimento cheese and easy-melt style queso dip, but it is inferior to both. one of those weird foods that makes you wish you were eating something else

that the white queso with a green lid? yeah it was... just okay. won't get it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It was below freezing for the first time this season on the east coast today. I pulled out my trusty pair of Kirkland sweatpants from the bottom of my clothes drawer. My balls are nice and toasty now. Thank you Costco!