Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
4.3 we will probably get no new explored area, then 4.4 and 4.6 should have new areas.

But, depending on drip marketing, Genshin may release under 17 characters for the first time in a year? They would need to release 2 4 stars alongside Navia to reach their quota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Man, it's been so long since I rolled on a banner that I don't have enough Stardust to buy out all this month's Fates yet. Save me, Furina!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Genshin is turning my brain into pudding because instead of just playing the game normally I'm constantly trying to min/max on who to roll for despite rotating members out as soon as they hit friendship lvl 10 and never attempting the Abyss.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've discovered the fatal flaw in targeting Baizhu next.

He requires Violetgrass.

:negative:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I've discovered the fatal flaw in targeting Baizhu next.

He requires Violetgrass.

The good news is they drop seeds, so you can grow like 3 batches before his banner's out and you can buy 15 from shops every 3 days so that's almost 70 less you have to actively farm leaving you to get 96 total (Because the game gives you 3 for his trial)

Kale
May 14, 2010

Holy Cow I thought this Lyney trial I'd heard about was going to be all of the 4.0 update not just act 1. Anyway in picking up story tidbits around the Court of Fontaine I figure that the pulitzer prize thing is going to be Charlotte's eventual hangout somehow and helping make sure she wins it. Already getting a lot of those crumbs for future story arcs like the Chioriya boutique which is closed and you can't get in at the moment. Probably when Chiori gets her story quest we'll be able to go inside I figure.

I like that they made the Steambird offices the Reputation center for Fontaine too. Considering thats like the town square for gossip and goings on it just makes perfect sense

Anyway have some Charlotte in Mexico for the day of the dead. We can just pretend this is Natlan or something.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 1, 2023

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Why am I INCAPABLE of catching a goddamn sacred ibis. As soon as I get in pokeball range they take off. And I've STILL never managed to kill a brownwing falcon. I'm in bird hell.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Everett False posted:

Why am I INCAPABLE of catching a goddamn sacred ibis. As soon as I get in pokeball range they take off. And I've STILL never managed to kill a brownwing falcon. I'm in bird hell.

If you have Kirara, she prevents startling most wild animals.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Danakir posted:

Aloy does as well if you started playing when she was free

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Imagine having Kirara lol
:smith:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

MoonCrab posted:

Good news, she comes back next patch (Second half)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

MoonCrab posted:

I ain't gotta

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Someday they'll put these 4* on good banners, surely. Disclaimer I don't remember her first banner because I stopped playing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The shop should rotate every 4* in the game

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

The shop should rotate every 4* in the game

As long as they include the basic 3, I doubt people would really mind.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

haypliss posted:

Someday they'll put these 4* on good banners, surely. Disclaimer I don't remember her first banner because I stopped playing.
First Half: Baizou & Furina + Charlotte, Beidou, and Collei
2nd Half: Ayato & Cyno + Kuki Shinobu, Xiangling, and Kirara

I don't really need another main DPS but those look like good banners to me. Everyone should want more Kuki and Xiangling cons if they're not maxed already. Kirara's max does nothing unless you're big into multiplayer

Kale
May 14, 2010

haypliss posted:

3.7 Phase 1 with Yoimiya and Yae Inazuma theme banners. Basically around the time most people stated saving or went into hibernation waiting the next 3-4 months until the Fontaine arc. I still played through a good chunk of it to catch up on Sumeru stuff which is why I'm sitting on like 45K primos, 8K crystals and 100 masterless stardust.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I do appreciate they put a new 4* in Furina's banner instead of screwing us over with a lovely 4* lineup, because they could get away with it due to it being an archon banner.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I haven't played this game since February, but part of me wants to collect the next Archon since I have the other three. What are the odds I can collect about 40 wishes playing through the content from Dain's Sumeru quest and forward?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Tampa Bae posted:

First Half: Baizou & Furina + Charlotte, Beidou, and Collei
2nd Half: Ayato & Cyno + Kuki Shinobu, Xiangling, and Kirara

I don't really need another main DPS but those look like good banners to me. Everyone should want more Kuki and Xiangling cons if they're not maxed already. Kirara's max does nothing unless you're big into multiplayer

Yeah I don't find Ayato or Cyno worth a pity risk so they're not particularly good banners for Kirara to be on.

And yeah her launch banners seem to have been skippable too. Yae would have use but absolutely a hard sell in the face of Fontaine.

haypliss fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 1, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Xalidur posted:

I haven't played this game since February, but part of me wants to collect the next Archon since I have the other three. What are the odds I can collect about 40 wishes playing through the content from Dain's Sumeru quest and forward?

Other four.

Probably good if you played a ton and did a ton of the content. That's alot of playing, though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How is charlotte supposed to play anyways? It seems like her leaked kit is a lot of cryo application so I guess shes you can throw her onto a melt team?

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Other four.

Probably good if you played a ton and did a ton of the content. That's alot of playing, though.

Whoops, I forgot about Nahida. (I have her C1.)

"A lot of playing" is a concern when Star Ocean 2 R just came out though...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I feel kinda weird when people say that they're not interested in picking up new characters because they already have an established team. Like, there's only like 4 types of characters here, a DPS, healer, shielder or healer. But saying that is a few steps off from saying gamble more so I'm conflicted.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How is charlotte supposed to play anyways? It seems like her leaked kit is a lot of cryo application so I guess shes you can throw her onto a melt team?

Charlottes a party-wide cryo healer whose cryo application off-field is functional and on-field is decent. Her energy situation is atrocious and she will most likely need ER sands + energy weapon most of the time. As a result, you can't count on her to deal damage or hold utility weapons like TTDS on most of her teams. Best in Furina teams, for who this type of character is pretty useful. Decent as a driver, pretty mediocre in most other teams.

Possible teams:
Neuvillette/Furina/Kazuha/Charlotte: Reaction bot, freeze is a comfort choice
Wriothesley/Shenhe/Furina/Charlotte: Triple cryo might be enough to allow her to run TTDS, testing needed
Charlotte/Nahida/Xingqiu/EMRaiden: Comfortable hyperfridge for freezable enemies
Charlotte/Nahida/Xingqiu/Thoma: Comfortable burgeonfridge. Charlotte prob runs Fav+Instructors in these 2 teams.
Navia/Furina/Albedo/Charlotte: It was revealed to me in a dream

The big overall problem with her kit is that I've been testing Mika with the Fontaine craftable spear, and on Furina teams it makes him so simple and easy to use that, unless you specifically need cryo application, it's usually easier to use him instead :/

But it teams where the application IS useful, you can find some use for her. And of course, Mika aint exactly a superstar himself, so skipping him altogether and just using Charlotte is fine if you like her better.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thats interesting, thanks!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MoonCrab posted:

Navia/Furina/Albedo/Charlotte: It was revealed to me in a dream

tell me more about this dream :allears:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Really bums me out how uninterested I am in Furina due to her extremely busy burst.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

So I haven't played actively in a while (midway through Sumeru) but decided to pull for Neuvillette on a whim. Is there an easier way to get his mats other than progressing through the story and unlocking everything?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

Really bums me out how uninterested I am in Furina due to her extremely busy burst.

I view at as one of those side-eyed weaknesses, like how kazuha's burst kicks rear end on the spreadsheet, but not being able to see poo poo sucks.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Virtue posted:

So I haven't played actively in a while (midway through Sumeru) but decided to pull for Neuvillette on a whim. Is there an easier way to get his mats other than progressing through the story and unlocking everything?

You can wander around and collect them on the beeches, but you'll have to make your way to Fontaine. Even easier than that is asking to visit other peoples' worlds in discord and just using their teleporters and picking them up.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Virtue posted:

The only mats of Neuvi's that are locked behind a quest are his weekly boss talent mats. Everything else you can get just by walking to Fontaine and exploring.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The only story-related block on his materials is unlocking the Apep weekly boss which is behind both of Nahida's story quests, which in turn require Sumeru completion. But you can still farm his world boss and sea creatures/starfish to ascend him and hit 6/6/6 talents.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Virtue posted:

I stopped mid-Sumeru too, came back at the tail end of Neuv's banner, and I haven't revisited the story, but I just looked up where Fontaine was on the map and ran there (northwest from Sumeru, then northeast, then keep going northeast, then keep going northeast, forever). My Neuv and Wrio are both 80/90 without touching the main story since Sumeru. You can do all the swimming to get to Neuv's ascension-mat boss without touching the story, and his starfish are scattered on the beach and in the ocean near it. Easy peasy.

Note: You'll CURRENTLY need to do Nahida's own story quest to unlock the world boss that drops their weekly mat (for talents 7-10) but supposedly they're adding a Quick Trounce Domain option soon to just let you go to them without doing stuff like that.

On the topic of the water cannon god: The team I'm running with him right now feels incredibly comfy for overworld exploration: Fish, Kaz, Zhongli. Archer for shooty puzzles, Kaz for climbing, ZL for instantly popping ore. And they're one of his best comps at c0, I guess?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Virtue posted:

The only thing you'll need to unlock for Neuvillette is The Realm of Beginnings/Apep (A weekly boss) for Talent lvl 7+ which comes in part 2 of Nahida's story campaign. Everything else in Fontaine is unlocked as soon as you can travel outside of Mondstat and there's a teleporter already lit up for all players once they hit that point to get into Fontaine

whoops left without posting a little too long and answered a couple times

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Danakir posted:

oh my god i was so busy being bitter about sayu startling birds i didn't notice i had the character who doesn't startle birds

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Everett False posted:

oh my god i was so busy being bitter about sayu startling birds i didn't notice i had the character who doesn't startle birds

Sayu and Yaoyao don't startle crystal flies, lizards, crabs, and eels (and some other crap). Of course they make them short so they can't grab the crystal flies.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Sayu and Yaoyao don't startle crystal flies, lizards, crabs, and eels (and some other crap). Of course they make them short so they can't grab the crystal flies.

they only have to be in the party for their passive to work

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

RareAcumen posted:

I feel kinda weird when people say that they're not interested in picking up new characters because they already have an established team. Like, there's only like 4 types of characters here, a DPS, healer, shielder or healer. But saying that is a few steps off from saying gamble more so I'm conflicted.

I think it's because it's such a time sink in order to get characters to 80/90 with 6+ talents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

I love that Navia just had a personal portable baking set that her man servants carry around for her just in case she needs to make some Macarons pronto. Guess its telegraphed early what her special dish will be.