Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

elentar posted:

kinda odd to hear from someone who was already a head coach in the Big 12 for a number of years

on the contrary, it makes sense for him to be paying lip service to the new conference for recruiting purposes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Arkansas beat Purdue in an exhibition that raised money for victims of the tornadoes this past spring in AR. Foul trouble for Edey hurt, but they would have been fine if they could hit open 3s and FTs, especially in the 1st half.

Arkansas is going to be tough, they've got more shooters than last year, they've got a ton of length, and they swarm on defense.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PotatoJudge posted:

Arkansas beat Purdue in an exhibition that raised money for victims of the tornadoes this past spring in AR. Foul trouble for Edey hurt, but they would have been fine if they could hit open 3s and FTs, especially in the 1st half.

Arkansas is going to be tough, they've got more shooters than last year, they've got a ton of length, and they swarm on defense.

Really exciting game to be at. Trying not to get too overhyped about Arkansas but I thought it was a total team effort and we may not have the name recognition from three HS 5* like last year but this seems like a much deeper team.

Do not want to play Purdue again, in a neutral court this game would be a nightmare. Edey is so tough to guard, you almost can’t do it.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Mike_V posted:

The fans have demanded changes to college ball's biggest event and the Committee has listened:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1717965695961477495

this is a bitch move on behalf of the power conferences trying to shove more of their mediocre teams into the postseason and taking away the tiny reward schools in lovely conferences can get for having a great season that falls just short in the end

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I got all excited about the Illini until I realized this was just an exhibition

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://xvtwitter.com/TorresontheVols/status/1718791453780922878?s=20

Tennessee will probably be pretty good this year

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
pov you are about to experience a hate crime

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas lost their exhibition game too. Two of the top 3 down

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/trillydonovan/status/1718404729502384429

While we are doing this

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Final from the YUM Center

Kentucky Wesleyan 71
:lol:uisville 68

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
KWC ain't nothing to gently caress with.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Exhibitions haven't been this unsuccessful since Drago killed Apollo in the ring

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BunkiePerkins/status/1719377676429819914

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
UCLA thrashed CSDH last night, as expected. Sebastian Mack was obviously the best player on the floor.

Ceiling is sky high for the Bruins this year and next, I'm excited to see Cronin get them there.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BobKnightLegacy/status/1719842078862037032

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Good riddance you angry old piece of poo poo

Also gently caress you for inflicting Steve Alford on the world

edit: Guy on ESPN just now: “did [Bob Knight] have problems with anger, anger management? Probably”

Yeah and Michael Jordan “probably” had some problems with losing

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 1, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

and then every time it thundered they told people round the fire that was just Bobby, throwing chairs in the sky

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

We can rule out heart disease as a cause. You have to have a heart to begin with.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

We can rule out heart disease as a cause. You have to have a heart to begin with.

drat I know he was SICK AND loving TIRED OF AN 8-10 RECORD but I didn't think that could kill a guy.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
bob knight was still alive?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bobby just had this look like he grew up a rosy cheeked prep school rear end in a top hat from like School Ties or something

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I thought he died a couple years ago, to be honest.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Remember when he announced games on ESPN and he constantly talked about shot fakes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bob Knight was a lovely guy and was easy to hate

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

As an IU grad from the early 90's. I come not to praise Knight, but to bury Knight. He definitely was a product of his era, but he didn'tt sell out to get wins at least. He was Hayes grabbing a player by his helmet, he wasn't Paterno whistling past the shower.

He was without a doubt an rear end in a top hat and a bad person, but that kinda seems like the best case scenario for a major college sports coach from any era.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Purdue needs to win it all in his honor now

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Nobody is good enough in their field to excuse being a gaping rear end in a top hat, but Knight was probably the closest you can possibly come.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

General Dog posted:

Nobody is good enough in their field to excuse being a gaping rear end in a top hat, but Knight was probably the closest you can possibly come.

Central and Southern Indiana would agree with you.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
Bob Knight inflicted Mike Davis on UAB. Davis was the luckiest son of a bitch ever for getting a championship appearance with Knight's players, because in reality, he's a great SWAC coach at best

Squashy fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 2, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I watched an interview Knight did with Letterman last night and he's actually a pretty funny dude. His reason for throwing the chair was really funny. Huge problematic rear end in a top hat but he was charismatic for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDEDZwC6ZAk

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lots of people mistake bully for alpha so the usual type of people are chiming in on other areas to defend Knight and saying things like we need more coaches like that in the NBA which is just a dogwhistle.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

He was without a doubt an rear end in a top hat and a bad person, but that kinda seems like the best case scenario for a major college sports coach from any era.

this is coming from an NC State lifer but sheesh Dean Smith existed and was there being an irritatingly decent son of a bitch all these same years

set higher bars

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

elentar posted:

this is coming from an NC State lifer but sheesh Dean Smith existed and was there being an irritatingly decent son of a bitch all these same years

set higher bars

aw, thanks, scum

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
TTU beat A&M by a pretty decent margin in our exhibition against them in Denton. I'm not putting too much stock in that, but it's encouraging that our team may be able to finish mid-pack in the Big XII.

Also gently caress Bob Knight for sticking us with Pat Knight. The sweet sixteen year was a lot of fun, but I'm not going to wax poetic about the coach. Still, this was great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2uUsHHT9Zw

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Lots of people mistake bully for alpha so the usual type of people are chiming in on other areas to defend Knight and saying things like we need more coaches like that in the NBA which is just a dogwhistle.

turns out grown rear end adults don't let them get treated the way knight treated kids, weird, that

would get latrell sprewell'd so fast

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I always thought Bob Knight was just Mirror Universe Dick Vitale

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

looking forward to the big season tipoff tomorrow at 11am, Spalding University against Indiana University-Purdue University in Indianapolis

oh and some of the games that start later on, i'm sure a few of those will be ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm going to a real life college basketball game that counts in the standings tomorrow!