Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I just heard on the radio that musk intends to turn Twitter into a subscription dating app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Musk has delusions that the site that can't even display which post you want to look at correctly will, within one year, provide the same services as every single other website on the planet and also act as a one-stop financial center where you can bank and trade securities.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

zoux posted:

Musk has delusions that the site that can't even display which post you want to look at correctly will, within one year, provide the same services as every single other website on the planet and also act as a one-stop financial center where you can bank and trade securities.

hes a geniou s

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

zoux posted:

I mean they're not starting from zero, people have been using it to bank and trade insecurities for years

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/WillCleveland13/status/1719494243608060277?s=20

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

It's going to be like the futuristic gadgets used by the famous punky cyber Frank Bladerunner in the movie of the same name come to life. Visionary!

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

This is Steve Apple all over again

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Fiction is for children, real men study Ben Ghazi.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Concerning.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dameius posted:

Fiction is for children, real men study Ben Ghazi.

(pbuh)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dameius posted:

Ben Ghazi.

What film is this Fisher Stevens character from?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

What film is this Fisher Stevens character from?

Ben Ghazi

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Ghazi

Ben Ghazi

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
My father was Ben Ghazi, call me Benzhi

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

People are hung up on the Mr. Bladerunner thing, but I'm trying to figure out why he associates APCs with that movie when the famous vehicle from it is a flying cop car. Is he mixing it up with Aliens (named after its main character, Sigourney Aliens)?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lord Hydronium posted:

People are hung up on the Mr. Bladerunner thing, but I'm trying to figure out why he associates APCs with that movie when the famous vehicle from it is a flying cop car. Is he mixing it up with Aliens (named after its main character, Sigourney Aliens)?

Lmao he hasn't even seen blade runner!

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i liked when the main character, Blade Runner says "my name is Blade Runner and im here to run blades"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"hey, Blade Runner, don't you ever get tired of being shot up with arrows?"

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Somebody ask him what blade runners actually do.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Well I'm blade runner and I'm here to say

When you saw a tortoise on his back why'd you leave him that way?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I prefer the sequel where they have John Bladerunner's nemesis, Dr. Otto Runblader

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

greazeball posted:

Well I'm blade runner and I'm here to say

When you saw a tortoise on his back why'd you leave him that way?

Word to my Mother (Let Me Tell You)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Bladerunner” is the monster’s name.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

He is 100% going to claim some weakass "I was the puppetmaster all along" thing w/r/t his Bladerunner idiocy.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Has anyone pointed out that we see what "Bladerunner" drives in the movie? It's a flying car and it doesn't look like a tutorial 3D modelling project.

Edit: nevermind, beaten

Hardcordion has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Nov 1, 2023

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Fairly sure he's never seen the movie, he's just heard a bunch of his fans say the truck looks like something out of Bladerunner.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Just like how he virtue signals Iain M. Banks's Culture without understanding any of it. Which, you know, embodies pretty much the exact opposite of what he is.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Blade-runner (brass blast)
He's the man
The man with the stupid car
That won't drive far
Such a blade runner hasn't seen the film he's referring to
We always knew.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Also, epic APC scene in Bladerunner

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I don't think his dose of ketamine is micro any more

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Biplane posted:

Lmao he hasn't even seen blade runner!

There is no way musk has the attention span to watch blade runner. It's an amazing movie but it's basically vibes

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah he's definitely fallen asleep to it before. No chance he's fully watched or absorbed it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah he's definitely fallen asleep to it before. No chance he's fully watched or absorbed it.

I was gonna say he's been in the room while it was playing but spent the entire time coked out of his mind talking about poo poo and every once in a while looking over and saying "oh that's loving cool"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Maybe he’s talking about the South African ‘Blade Runner’ guy who murdered his wife.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/Dolph_Lundgren/status/796226400155860997?s=20
edit:
https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1719851300882354536?s=20

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Nov 2, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

I was gonna say he's been in the room while it was playing but spent the entire time coked out of his mind talking about poo poo and every once in a while looking over and saying "oh that's loving cool"

Yeah if you wanna watch Blade Runner on drugs you should do it on acid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just don't think Elon Musk is the type of person who ever nods off during a movie, he just occasionally passes out from exhaustion.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/depthsofwiki/status/1719815222410572073?s=20

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bug of the year was already taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Bug of the year was already taken.

I'm not touching that.