Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Blegh, sat on some Colin Robinson energy vampire rear end training calls all day long for Union reporting stuff and they were like “so can you complete these by Monday for these 19 unions” and I was lol no, you lost me like three hours ago with all of your jumping around and questioning yourself and going back and forth, I’m gonna need some more time to digest this all then shotgunning it at me in one day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Pro tip: Do not make your lunch consist solely on leftover Halloween candy.
:barf:
No.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't eat any candy yesterday

today however

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh thank god my grey girl didn't tear me up and make me really chase her down to get her in the carrier for the vet. She's mad and yelling at me about it though.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

You don’t eat wings for one day and your body has a violent reaction?

Also:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

You don’t eat wings for one day and your body has a violent reaction?

Also:

I still think individual wings would be good to handout for Halloween. Fun size chicken.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The gently caress is wrong with you

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I think my pancreas went into shock with all the sugar I ate in one sitting.

Also...

I'd be hovering around this house like a vulture.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1719845653994455275?t=5cTcTaHvmYylp2Y1X3zftA&s=19

Chuck a chair at someone in his honor.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I thought he died years ago tbh

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Thanks, meme thread.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

LeeMajors posted:

It’s been awhile since I had someone tell me they “don’t believe in covid.”

Wonder if I’ll get a complaint for responding “that’s ok, covid believes in you.”

I said almost exactly the same thing to an old hometown acquaintance of mine who was telling me he doesn't believe in covid or climate change and was telling me I'll soon be dead from not having caught covid enough times. I got him to say he "probably" believes in gravity.

He let me know that I'm uninformed on most things thanks to "the jew owned media" (he actually said this). It's always interesting to me how 100% of the time I encounter society's smarter people like this who did their own research, they're always the same kids who skipped/slept through class in high school. As a rule.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

CannonFodder posted:

I think your ethernet cable has an electrical leak, no kitty should have that much floof.

Pretty sure that's at least a Cat5 cable

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeeMajors posted:

It’s been awhile since I had someone tell me they “don’t believe in covid.”

Wonder if I’ll get a complaint for responding “that’s ok, covid believes in you.”

Maybe four or five months ago, I took an Uber ride to the grocery store and not 30 seconds after getting on our way, the driver started ranting about the COVID hoax that was perpetrated upon the world, and how it was a grand conspiracy between Democrats and China.

He also went on this insane tirade about how he had read that Joe Biden is going to "nationalize currency" :dafuq: and the government was going to abolish all financial institutions and have one, single digital currency.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The prestige came out 22 years ago

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Timby posted:

Maybe four or five months ago, I took an Uber ride to the grocery store and not 30 seconds after getting on our way, the driver started ranting about the COVID hoax that was perpetrated upon the world, and how it was a grand conspiracy between Democrats and China.

He also went on this insane tirade about how he had read that Joe Biden is going to "nationalize currency" :dafuq: and the government was going to abolish all financial institutions and have one, single digital currency.

These right wing freaks always make Joe sound much cooler than he is.

Ether Frenzy posted:

He let me know that I'm uninformed on most things thanks to "the jew owned media" (he actually said this).

:discourse:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Addie turned too hard while we were playing fetch yesterday and slammed her head into the side of a tree.

She was fine for about a minute, then started shaking, losing her balance, was unable to walk up stairs, was contorted slightly, and her pupils were dilated and non reactive. When she sat down she just fell straight backwards.

I held her for about five minutes and she started to recover. She was very thirsty and looked like she was favoring her neck. I took her to an emergency vet and had them do a doggie neuro exam on her. she was improving when we got there, but all her symptoms went away when they tried to get a rectal temp lmao.

She seems fine now. I dreamed I had to bury her and I must have been talking because she was trying to wake me up.

Hug the dogs. Hug them.

Jesus. Sorry you dealt with that. Glad she is ok.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

Okay, that's kinda realistic then, I held up a 12 ounce bottle of honey as an experiment and I had to put it down after a minute thirty because my shoulder hurt, but I have COVID and am not a professional cop or criminal and don't have the adrenaline you would have when you are in a life or death situation, and they seemed long and tense scenes, but the bits where they were holding the guns straight out were probably all less than three minutes.

The funniest ones are stuff like The Town where old mate has a short barrelled AK and let's rip right between his two buddies heads and through a windshield.

For one you're gonna be in serious pain in the ears if your buddy did that and you'll breathe in all that fun glass dust which will loving wreck your poo poo for the next week.

You'd be happy to have gotten away from the cops but you'd probably slap him around for being a fuckin rear end in a top hat.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Opened two 2 piece starburst packages and all 4 pieces were lemon. I want my money back.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 2, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

Opened two 2 piece starburst packages and all 4 pieces were all lemon. I want my money back.

Why would you want your money back for the best possible result

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

LeeMajors posted:

These right wing freaks always make Joe sound much cooler than he is.
I wish the right wing fevered nightmare version of Joe Biden was real. Then we would actually be headed in the right direction!

Visiting my ex tomorrow(she’s my bestie now I guess) and missing my undoubtedly-stressed-beyond-belief grad student crush. Miss that tall, mystical weirdo a lot from time to time. Just a month and half until winter break! I promised her we would do something extra fun.

Am I drunk right now? Only slightly!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I wish the right wing fevered nightmare version of Joe Biden was real. Then we would actually be headed in the right direction!

We said the same thing about Obama for 8 years :shrug:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Glad the State of Texas finally has a World Series trophy

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Counterpoint: gently caress Texas

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

I didn't eat any candy yesterday

today however
I didn’t eat Saucy Mommas yesterday

Today however
I ate a couple baked potatoes so I was to full and the wife took the kids to the village, so now I have a bunch of good rear end leftovers in the morning

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

she was improving when we got there, but all her symptoms went away when they tried to get a rectal temp lmao.

hit the ol reset button

T-Square
May 14, 2009

There’s one older kinda weirdo cashier lady at the grocery store that I try to avoid, but she does still wear a mask (halfway off of her face with her nose hanging out, but still) and some ancient old boomer guy started to try to harass her about it the other day and she was just like yeah I don’t care it doesn’t hurt to have it and that was all the fight he needed to back off lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sharing another killer Ryobi deal here. Ryobi 2 pack 4ah battery and charger for $99 and you get a free tool: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18V-Lithium-Ion-4-0-Ah-Battery-2-Pack-and-Charger-Kit-PSK006/315424283

Home Depot also has similar deals going for Milwaukee and Dewalt (bigger batteries but $199).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I know there are some Invincible fans ITT so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHqrtC9hxRo

that fatality :stare:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

I know there are some Invincible fans ITT so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHqrtC9hxRo

that fatality :stare:

:lmao: that rules.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's pretty funny how they made a bunch of comic deals for another Injustice game, had that fall through and just decided to crank the gore to 11 and put them into MK.

Well sad, because the Injustice games are great.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Glad I took my sister in to the ER because they found cancer. Not sure where yet they need to do more scans but it isn't the most aggressive kind of it.

Today's my first day back at work from a PTO trip planned before this. If I didn't work from home I think it'd be unbearable.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Glad I took my sister in to the ER because they found cancer. Not sure where yet they need to do more scans but it isn't the most aggressive kind of it.

Today's my first day back at work from a PTO trip planned before this. If I didn't work from home I think it'd be unbearable.

Oh poo poo! That’s really scary and I’m sorry it happened, but I’m glad they caught it.

Was it related to the pain issue she was having? Or just an incidental finding?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Oh crap, glad it was caught. Sounds treatable? gently caress cancer, that poo poo is always scary.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

She thought she had appendicitis. She learned there were legions on her liver from either 20+ years of eating shitloads of fat or a weird complication from opioids.

We don't know what's next. I know it is not our worst-case scenario. But it's up there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My wife's "food poisoning or maybe appendicitis" was actually ileal intussusception caused by a mucosal tumor, they removed it that night along with a third of her colon and it saved her life. If you have severe abdominal pain, please go to the ER! Sure it could just be food poisining or really bad gas and maybe you'll feel embarassed or maybe it'll cost you a pile of cash but that's better than dying of cancer so please go.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Really hoping for the best for your sister, FoF. Cancer is a bastard.

For anyone interested, there's a thread for the classic City Name Sports Team jerseys: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4046189 - it's just an interest check, but if 100 goons sign up then it can happen:

MJP posted:

If we go to production I intend to auction the sample to help with the funding of the Kyanka kids' education if it's still a thing that needs funding, and if they're all set then it'll get auctioned for another worthy charity.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
As a Rangers fan I feel like I’m kind of grieving today; I don’t think it’s ever really going to feel the same rooting for them again. If anything, finally winning a title paradoxically makes us feel more anonymous as a franchise:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

As a Rangers fan I feel like I’m kind of grieving today; I don’t think it’s ever really going to feel the same rooting for them again. If anything, finally winning a title paradoxically makes us feel more anonymous as a franchise:

Become an M's fan if you want to feel really special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Forrest on Fire posted:

She thought she had appendicitis. She learned there were legions on her liver from either 20+ years of eating shitloads of fat or a weird complication from opioids.

We don't know what's next. I know it is not our worst-case scenario. But it's up there.

Yeah I remember the appendicitis concerns, I guess I was more asking if they thought that those lesions were causing the pain that brought her into ED to begin with, or if they just lucked into finding it on an abdominal CT or something. Like a "severe gas saved my life" serendipitous moment or something.

Not that it matters either way, just being nosy and it's not really my business. I hope treatment options work well and I'm glad it isn't necessarily fully catastrophic.