Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Zerg Mans posted:

So when 2024 rolls around is Joe going to be shocked that no one on Dearborn voted

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hurr cant believe himmler is down 20 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
German Vice-Chancellor and war crime apologist Robert Habeck was in a talkshow last night. "Israel's demands for weapons will be fulfilled" was one of his statements. When asked if solidarity with Israel could also include German soldiers he dodged the question.

They also had Deborah Feldman, who quoted Margot Friedländer, a Holocaust survivor (translated from German):

quote:

"I hold the firm conviction, that there is only a single legitimate lesson learned from the Holocaust. Namely the absolute, unconditional defense of human rights, for everybody. Those who instrumentalize the Holocaust to justify further violence, have abandoned their own humanity."

Hammerstein has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Nov 2, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Harik posted:

Love that three weeks later the official line is now "yeah we killed our own people, that's why hamas is so evil: for making us do it"

I also love the bit where he says they they took "preliminary actions" before deciding to shell IMMEDIATELY after saying that the first order he got was start blasting.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Hammerstein posted:

They also had Deborah Feldman, who quoted Margot Friedländer, a Holocaust survivor (translated from German)

a good quote. lots of inhuman monsters about

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Democrats are really mad that younger people aren’t buying the plucky little Israel line so they’re going all in saying there’s nothing but frothing at the mouth anti-semites on college campuses. Desperately attacking my usually safe voting bloc because they won’t support genocide. I am very good at politics.

i'm honestly surprised they haven't gone hard on ~* Russian Propaganda *~

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

spacemang_spliff posted:

For a little bit they were trying to tie Hamas and Russia together but I guess they gave up on that quickly

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

VoicesCanBe posted:

For a little bit they were trying to tie Hamas and Russia together but I guess they gave up on that quickly

im surprised they dropped the dagestan story too

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

PawParole posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUhJFd6LrVQ

Holy poo poo the Houthis wrote an America disstrack lol.

These guys go so hard.

Critical support for the Houthis.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

Lib-ghoul Robert Habeck tried that 48 hours ago.

"Look, Putin is instrumentalizing the suffering of the people of Palestine!", implying that if you feel sorry for Palestinians, you are following Putin's narrative.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Maya Fey posted:

im surprised they dropped the dagestan story too

Russian authorities cracked down so quickly on it that it was hard to run with for very long.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

lol. a war that had poison gas. and yet the shotgun is the atrocity.

Germans are huge babies, OP.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The popular image of WW1 is a senseless insane war led by idiot leaders on all sides who basically stubbornly refused to admit the situation had changed in between enthusiastically trying out fancy new toys, until the Americans came in and roflstomped everyone. Seems maybe not far from the truth.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

VoicesCanBe posted:

Russian authorities cracked down so quickly on it that it was hard to run with for very long.

the ukraine link is also very awkward to explain

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The popular image of WW1 is a senseless insane war led by idiot leaders on all sides who basically stubbornly refused to admit the situation had changed in between enthusiastically trying out fancy new toys, until the Americans came in and roflstomped everyone. Seems maybe not far from the truth.

Well the Americans were famously incompetent but quantity has a quality all it's own

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Democrats are really mad that younger people aren’t buying the plucky little Israel line so they’re going all in saying there’s nothing but frothing at the mouth anti-semites on college campuses. Desperately attacking my usually safe voting bloc because they won’t support genocide. I am very good at politics.

:burger:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

StashAugustine posted:

Well the Americans were famously incompetent but quantity has a quality all it's own

they were very competent at geocoding almost an entire continent and taking the resources for themselves

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm sure there's a powerpoint circulating somewhere and one of the slides is a big arrow pointing from CANCEL CULTURE to CALL PEOPLE ANTISEMITES

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Joining the game in the final quarter, when everyone else already is war weary, bled dry and exhausted, is not much of an achievement.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

Joining the game in the final quarter, when everyone else already is war weary, bled dry and exhausted, is not much of an achievement.

Hey they did bring the "Spanish" flu to rack up their kill count.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

lol the Israeli lietenant-colonel who died made a couple videos right before getting blasted proclaiming "we're ready for anything! we'll show them our might"

:shobon:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Yanks couldn't win overtime against the Bolsheviks either.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

read this in phonejacker voice

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Zerg Mans posted:

So when 2024 rolls around is Joe going to be shocked that no one on Dearborn voted

https://i.imgur.com/BB2br39.mp4

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

BrotherJayne posted:

I mean, a quick check of how much steel an rpg 7 can pierce (600mm of steel) and the density of said steel (a bit under 8 tons per cubic meter) would give you a pretty good idea of thr feasibility of actually rendering the entire surface of a tank invulnerable

Yeah it's why the Soviets can only use their ""iron curtain" ability for 20 seconds every 5 minutes.

Socialized
Oct 27, 2010

Harik posted:

Love that three weeks later the official line is now "yeah we killed our own people, that's why hamas is so evil: for making us do it"

it’s that Golda Meir quote about not being able to forgive Palestinians for killing Israeli children or for forcing Israelis to kill Palestinian children

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lol

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

no. sadly arab governments are spectacularly good at internal repression and in general gulf arab citizens are very sheeplike and subservient.

how stable is Saudi Arabia though, really? It wouldn't be easy for an assassin to get to MBS, but if he did, all hell would break loose. There is no successor. I don't know, maybe the Saudis are more lockstep than the average royal family ruling an absolute monarchy, but I'd think multiple factions would arise, old grudges would resurface, and this issue of how much to sell out the muslim world and ally with the hated enemy Israel would suddenly become very salient.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1720074868304335200

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

lol the Israeli lietenant-colonel who died made a couple videos right before getting blasted proclaiming "we're ready for anything! we'll show them our might"

Still waiting for an IDF officer to say “Ha! These FOOLS couldn’t hit the broad side of a-“ before getting blown up.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

how stable is Saudi Arabia though, really? It wouldn't be easy for an assassin to get to MBS, but if he did, all hell would break loose. There is no successor. I don't know, maybe the Saudis are more lockstep than the average royal family ruling an absolute monarchy, but I'd think multiple factions would arise, old grudges would resurface, and this issue of how much to sell out the muslim world and ally with the hated enemy Israel would suddenly become very salient.

I'm not sure how many of the other fail-princes would want that responsibility, when instead they can play with their luxury toys all day and snort coke all night.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr posted:

lol. a war that had poison gas. and yet the shotgun is the atrocity.

People (in power) were not actually that mad when the Germans first used chemical weapons, at the time. Postwar, obviously, things changed and public opinion was always against it.

A Strange and Formidable Weapon: British Responses to World War I Poison Gas

The advent of poison gas in World War I shocked Britons at all levels of society, yet by the end of the conflict their nation was a leader in chemical warfare. Although never used on the home front, poison gas affected almost every segment of British society physically, mentally, or emotionally, proving to be an armament of total war. Through cartoons, military records, novels, treaties, and other sources, Marion Girard examines the varied ways different sectors of British society viewed chemical warfare, from the industrialists who promoted their toxic weapons while maintaining private control of production, to the politicians who used gas while balancing the need for victory with the risk of developing a reputation for barbarity. Although most Britons considered gas a vile weapon and a symptom of the enemy’s inhumanity, many eventually condoned its use.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1720037235012010105

NY Post trying to doxx these 2 random girls for being cool.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Still waiting for an IDF officer to say “Ha! These FOOLS couldn’t hit the broad side of a-“ before getting blown up.

it may have already happened, but alas the fog of war

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mcmagic posted:

didn't most these posters end up having lorem ipsum or ai generated people or some poo poo. it was very early in this thread

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

StashAugustine posted:

When the French Army of 1917 is horrified by your tactics and says you can't deploy on the front line without British and French supervision, you know you've hosed up.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

mcmagic posted:

fortunately the decent people are dropping jdams on the locations of hostages and posthumously verifying their identity with genetic tests done on the skull fragments they find because there ain't much else left that's recognizable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Clip-On Fedora posted:

me too!! :glomp: