Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Arist posted:

who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Arist posted:

who cares

Me

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

K

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I won't let it stop me from getting a game I want, but I don't particularly like having the "ownership" of a game tied to an account that I don't really even like having or logging into in the first place. If I could either get it DRM free or transfer it over to Steam, then I would have zero opinion about buying stuff on EGS.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Arist posted:

Do not understand the righteous indignation people flare up with at the mention of the Epic launcher. It's a bad launcher, sure, but it's kind of annoying to use at worst

Didn’t Epic kill Bandcamp?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Arist posted:

Do not understand the righteous indignation people flare up with at the mention of the Epic launcher. It's a bad launcher, sure, but it's kind of annoying to use at worst

It's an awful launcher and they removed Unreal games from every store making them impossible to purchase.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sakurazuka posted:

Please, I have to hear about PC storefront tribalism enough in the non-dedicated console threads.

Arist posted:

who cares

I don't even own a PC and I couldn't be happier. Coincidence? I think not!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Guillermus posted:

It's an awful launcher and they removed Unreal games from every store making them impossible to purchase.

Does not sound very epic of them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Didn’t Epic kill Bandcamp?

Yeah, and they deserve to burn for that, but that feels immaterial to people not using their launcher for the last several years

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I like having games in one place so I don't accidentally buy them twice. That's really the only reason.

Obvs it's a bit harder to juggle with a pc and a console

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Arist posted:

But Tencent and China and

:goonsay:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Arist posted:

Here's the issue I have with it: it's a bad launcher and Epic sees no reason to fix it, as currently their solution is to throw money at devs for exclusives using their fortnite stash. Were they to ever get a majority of market share in this space, that poo poo would dry up and you'd be left with a garbage launcher that didn't even have a shopping cart when it started out. It's a bad experience now and it would only get worse.

Steam has had a monopoly on the PC market for some time, and has problems, but even then they've been improving things (at least from the customer point of view, can't speak on what being a dev on steam is like).

A market where Epic was the monopoly would be absolute garbage.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Steam or GTFO

nah gently caress em all. 90-2007 pc ftw. if you cant install a patch thats your problem.

steam gatekeep your games by os regardless of being made for win95.

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 2, 2023

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
gently caress spotify, gently caress streamers, gently caress passes, gently caress mtx, gently caress em all

death to digital- you dont own poo poo, they own you.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
steam is a fail spyware for the most criminal nation of the world (america)

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Spotify rules, I’d never be able to keep up with local music without it

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Does anybody think they own the music on Spotify

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

gently caress spotify, gently caress streamers, gently caress passes, gently caress mtx, gently caress em all

death to digital- you dont own poo poo, they own you.

More like Johnny Durden

Tyler Postnemonic?

I am Jack's PS5 thread posts

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I get why Spotify is useful for discovering new music but I vastly prefer downloading stuff so I just have it

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Volte posted:

you'd be surprised

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

nah gently caress em all. 90-2007 pc ftw. if you cant install a patch thats your problem.

steam gatekeep your games by os regardless of being made for win95.

The first time I had to use steam to install a game (civ5) was friggin weird as hell. Before that I just thought it was a weird way to collate half-life 2 and its mods (day of defeat: source)

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Volte posted:

I hope not lmao

We use the Spotify playlist feature pretty heavily to get word out about local bands in Phoenix and I personally have bought more physical albums from smaller acts at their shows than I ever did 10, 15 yrs ago

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Arist posted:

I get why Spotify is useful for discovering new music but I vastly prefer downloading stuff so I just have it

you dont discover poo poo on spotify, the algorithm sets you on the path of it and its masters choosing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Classic

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

you dont discover poo poo on spotify, the algorithm sets you on the path of it and its masters choosing
Unlike the good old days when you had five radio stations owned by the same company to choose from

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wow #owah

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I want clear channel to decide my taste in music like god intended

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

[40 y/o man who reblogs AI-generated screenshots as proof of Bloodborne remaster daily]: Nobody owns me

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I like to listen to my discover queue every Monday because sometimes there’s new bands in there and I’m trying to avoid turning into one of those old man metalheads that only listens to the same poo poo they listened to in their teens

It’s pretty nice

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Played V:tM - Justice until my VR controller batteries were drained. Haven't done that since RE8. Good stuff.

And lol at getting angry about music streaming.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oxxidation posted:

kraven and his faction are the worst part of the game and turned out exactly how I feared they would. they have almost no connection to the actual plot, they’re just a roving force of malcontents who exist to Cause Problems so that the plot can happen

li and the demons were kind of dull but at least they were connected both to octavius and osborne, the hunters are entirely sectioned off from the rest of the story
Yeah so far they are much less interesting than Silver Sable’s goons or Li’s goons in the first game

Also I guess no one outside of Spider-Man cares that a giant foreign army is just destroying poo poo in New York all the time?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also I guess no one outside of Spider-Man cares that a giant foreign army is just destroying poo poo in New York all the time?

Mr mayor I know a giant sand man just destroyed hella Brooklyn but you need to know there’s a paramilitary org rolling through the city killing all the villains and we don’t have to pay them, should we do anything about that?

Me, the mayor: hahahahahaha why would we do anything about that

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Is this still the PS5 thread?!?!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FlamingLiberal posted:

Very plausible for Eric Adams

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Volte posted:

Unlike the good old days when you had five radio stations owned by the same company to choose from

nah i had my buddy rick lending me cds from his collection or my ex gf sending me mp3s of wild poo poo ive never heard of before. raido? l.o.l

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah, the open world side quests can't be cut off for too long, which results in life as usual going on during some insanely wild apocalyptic poo poo. There might be a 200 meter alien hive next door... but we've still gotta play our chess game in the park so Spidey can finish his photography sidequest!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Yeah, the open world side quests can't be cut off for too long, which results in life as usual going on during some insanely wild apocalyptic poo poo. There might be a 200 meter alien hive next door... but we've still gotta play our chess game in the park so Spidey can finish his photography sidequest!

Keep calm and carry on, innit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hyFhlt_7EA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

yeah this track owns, and people itt are discovering it right now thanks to word of mouth. keep fighting the good fight.