Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dongicus posted:

the mad oval office of shimano

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
halfway through yakuza like a dragon, this game is sick

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Name's Kazzy Kiryu. Ah lost three years ae mah life tae the Yakuza, and 20 years tae a path ae vengeance that wis meant to get us oot ae it

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

whats the name of the track that kicks in at 25 seconds?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!

Dongicus posted:

getting an inspiration move from that guy who kicked a flaming terrorist in the nuts lol

Essence of Setting About Ye

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Heat move where the friendly chippy owner deep fries your opponents' face

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Heat move where the friendly chippy owner deep fries your opponents' face

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU6qZi6zxRY

infinite wealth hs an animal crossing mode

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Incredible. Thank you RGG Studio

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Fungah! posted:

Kasuga's face when the trailer reveals a boring, run-down Cape Cod style house is the funniest thing I've seen in video game advertising in a hot minute

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

Oh my God

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Personal trainer gave me a meal plan to follow with "plenty of fatty red meat" so I ate 4 steaks and he got pissed off.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Personal trainer gave me a meal plan to follow with "plenty of fatty red meat" so I ate 4 steaks and he got pissed off.

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I was dead rear end broke from eating too much + buying the Haruka poster for the Haruka megafan that I was stumbling around Kamurocho looking for thugs to fight to pay for the 700 yen taxi ride to the next story beat.

Then I fought a fat Chinese guy and he dropped 100k and I'm all good again.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Y0: 167.5
KiwamI: 76.1
Kiwami 2: 88.8
Y3: 119.4
Y4: 106
Y5: 199.4
Y6: 82.5
LAD: 117.3
Judgment: 120.6
LJ: 176

could maybe deduct a few hours here and there as i've got a bad habit of leaving the game running while i make dinner. not surprised at Y5 being top

Ishin: 186.3

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Ishin: 186.3

Woah I was under the impression Ishin was relatively short lol (not an actual short game, but like, Y6 short)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Woah I was under the impression Ishin was relatively short lol (not an actual short game, but like, Y6 short)

it is. Don't plat it.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I will plat it.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ishin was longer than expected but also looks like it would be a bitch to plat

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
On the other hand, Ishin owns, so playing it more is what all gamers should do. Might as well go plat on the way there.

Maybe I'll get there in a year or two.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

it is. Don't plat it.

Ah. I do not generally do that anyway but noted

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Started Ishin and it seems cool so far. Can't decide if the combat is clunky or just a bit more slow paced and deliberate. Usually with these games I mainline the main story until most of the side activities are unlocked, when does that happen in this one? Chapter 5-6?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I respect the hell out of all those who plats a yakuza game, they are just better than me.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Started Ishin and it seems cool so far. Can't decide if the combat is clunky or just a bit more slow paced and deliberate. Usually with these games I mainline the main story until most of the side activities are unlocked, when does that happen in this one? Chapter 5-6?

I also just started it and I think the slow combat is deliberate. I’ve spent most of my time so far fishing and trying to unlock better fishing rods

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I've heard it opens up in chapter 5 but I'm already drowning in side content in chapter 3, might be overwhelming if you put it off that long.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fwiw ishin is one of those games where once all th side content opens thats like 90% of th side content in the game, more opens as you go but not a lot more

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

combat is def closer to 0 and 5 than dragon engine games. wild dancer is really good though, you can dodge almost everything

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation

RandolphCarter posted:

I respect the hell out of all those who plats a yakuza game, they are just better than me.

that's right bitch

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

brawler in ishin sucks, othwr 3 are all good

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Brawler is disappointing as hell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gaiden out on gamepass day 1. blessed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

it is. Don't plat it.

i thought i was close to doing this but i've done basically everything except for equipment, seals and heat actions and it looks like it's just grinding the battle dungeons forever to get all of the money/materials/experience. i think if gaiden weren't coming out i'd do it, because it sort of feels dynasty warriors-y and it's relaxing, but i might just try to blow through the rest of the main story so i can play the new game on day 1 for once.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I'm content to just unlock the Amon fight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fell down a Mahjong hole again but they seem to have forgotten to give it any discernable reward in Ishin, so while I am tempted to keep playing for love of the game it's time to move on

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
ishin is unique in its inclusion of pineapple and omaha poker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Fell down a Mahjong hole again but they seem to have forgotten to give it any discernable reward in Ishin, so while I am tempted to keep playing for love of the game it's time to move on

the reward is making friends with the mahjong guy and putting another checkmark on the mini game completion screen and on the friendship list. if you just want money though, chicken races is the only gambling game you should play.