Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’m just going to the Saturday show; GCW isn’t worth having to take time off of work for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Gonna go see a cold skull on Friday.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bussy in Seattle

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Definitely didn't expect to read the words Insane Clown Bussy today

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That's a great joke but they could have cut out the middleman and just called themselves Clussy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just came back from a show and the Last Man Standing match was loving wild. Guys blocked a kendo stick and sent it flying into the crowd at high speed, absolute miracle it didn't brain anyone. Less than 5 minutes later they did a chair duel only for a piece of the chair to go flying into a different part of the crowd. Then they pulled out a table as thick as a door, in the 2 years i've been going to this company i've never actually seen a table break, fuckers keep bouncing off them but they keep using the same ones. The finish came when Zenith put Del Cano onto the table only for one of the legs to immediately fall off so he just layed it flat in the ring and hit his Swanton off the ladder onto Del Cano on the flat table. Zero give on the impact

I hope it goes up on their vimeo soon so I can buy it and rewatch because gently caress me it was the gnarliest thing i've seen recently outside of actual deathmatches

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Credit to Judas for letting speedball carry him like that. I had to leave immediately after Sanada won. Did they announce anything big?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

born on a buy you posted:

Credit to Judas for letting speedball carry him like that.

I’m still gonna kick you rear end

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Credit to Judas for letting speedball carry him like that. I had to leave immediately after Sanada won. Did they announce anything big?

Sanada cut a promo in pretty decent English saying Seattle is his favorite place and he wants to come back.

I'm just gonna ignore that first sentence :toughguy:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They found an extremely funny venue for the Collective 2024.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1719089652341060088

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

MassRafTer posted:

Four Seasons Landscaping was booked.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

That's a great joke but they could have cut out the middleman and just called themselves Clussy

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I hope the other indies run on the NJ side of the river, I'm not trying to go all the way to Philadelphia. It would be ideal for me if I could just post up at h2o, have them run faces of death weekend again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Dave posted:

I hope the other indies run on the NJ side of the river, I'm not trying to go all the way to Philadelphia. It would be ideal for me if I could just post up at h2o, have them run faces of death weekend again

Wrestlecon is running the Arena and supposedly RF is too.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

Wait isn't this the place High Tension Wrestling holds their shows? I've been to 2 shows there and it's not bad. But I thought it was a Union Hall?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

syzpid posted:

Wait isn't this the place High Tension Wrestling holds their shows? I've been to 2 shows there and it's not bad. But I thought it was a Union Hall?

Ok it's even funnier now.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

syzpid posted:

At least from Googling it, it's both.

Bonk posted:

What the hell is happening with CCW in New Jersey? A bunch of people are vaguetweeting about something bad that happened in the company and several top stars are vacating their belts and leaving the company because of it.
There's a lot I want to say, in part because I've been kind of bothered by how it looks like there was an attempt to frame it as a #SpeakingOut type thing when it absolutely wasn't. I dunno if this is the place to say all of it, though.

The one thing that definitely happened is that a sponsor didn't get his name mentioned alongside every wrestler he sponsored (two of the four thank you graphics fell through the cracks), he raised some hell when he wasn't refunded immediately (he WAS refunded), and it spiraled from there. Nobody has tied a name to the "stranded without a flight home" story yet, and everyone I've talked to is skeptical it really happened because that's not the kind of thing indie wrestlers ever stay quiet about.

There have definitely been some legit issues, but the vaguepost unleashed a shitstorm that would not have happened if everyone was upfront about their actual complaints.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

davidbix posted:

There have definitely been some legit issues, but the vaguepost unleashed a shitstorm that would not have happened if everyone was upfront about their actual complaints.

I have seen women's wrestlers complain that randos were just walking through their locker room because security was watching the show and refusing to help. Also saw complaints that the owner was writing paragraph long matches for the women but not men. And that the issue was misuse of sponsorship funds for specific wrestlers.

I only went to one show they put on, but the owner seemed carny as hell. I think he was getting away with a lot when he was putting on shows in the middle of nowhere in Delaware, but got called out after running a few Jersey shows.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

davidbix posted:

There's a lot I want to say, in part because I've been kind of bothered by how it looks like there was an attempt to frame it as a #SpeakingOut type thing when it absolutely wasn't.

I mean it isn't NOT that, considering the women are being treated differently and not being protected enough. Harassment takes a lot of forms and it isn't always obvious.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Rivers def taking a pizza cutter on 11/18. The idea of a Nic Gage/Speedball tag team is wild. Love DEFY. https://www.instagram.com/p/CzFSDxEs_c4/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Rivers def taking a pizza cutter on 11/18. The idea of a Nic Gage/Speedball tag team is wild. Love DEFY. https://www.instagram.com/p/CzFSDxEs_c4/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I’m going to this show and I’m going to get Judas to step on you

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
He’s a coward and won’t enter the crowd like great wrestlers Bollywood Boyz, Shaft, or The Ravenous Randy Myers. Sorry you’re a fan of a scrub with a bad mustache

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
A friend of mine and I are making tentative plans to go to Tournament of Survival next year. For anyone who has been to the shower in the past, what is the right cost of tickets and do they sell tickets in a bundle for both shows? When do tickets typically go on sale?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

A friend of mine and I are making tentative plans to go to Tournament of Survival next year. For anyone who has been to the shower in the past, what is the right cost of tickets and do they sell tickets in a bundle for both shows? When do tickets typically go on sale?

For tos7 I paid $80 for fourth row and tos8 $35 for GA, so I imagine that'll be around $140ish for front row but I don't really know the pricing with the new room. They don't sell a bundle so you'll get hosed on fees but the second night on any given gcw weekend is usually $10 or so less in every tier. If you can't get the first couple rows, the standing room only GA will get you closer to the ring than anything further out

Tickets go on sale usually two months before the show, so at some point next summer. They do discount rooms at the showboat for the weekend, I'm local so I've never stayed there but apparently the rooms are Horrible. Parking onsite is $25, yuck

If you want any more info lmk, I've been to a couple dozen shows at the showboat over the years

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

He’s a coward and won’t enter the crowd like great wrestlers Bollywood Boyz, Shaft, or The Ravenous Randy Myers. Sorry you’re a fan of a scrub with a bad mustache
Come up to Vancouver and he'll flip you onto your back like a turtle

He flipped a cowboy and we all chanted COWBOY FLIP

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Gettin’ really steamed here

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

syzpid posted:

I have seen women's wrestlers complain that randos were just walking through their locker room because security was watching the show and refusing to help. Also saw complaints that the owner was writing paragraph long matches for the women but not men. And that the issue was misuse of sponsorship funds for specific wrestlers
The version of the security thing that I saw, at least, was one of the announcers saying a sponsor promised her they'd get security for the locker room door. When I asked her if she verified that promise with the promoter, she liked the tweet without replying. Some rando dude getting into the locker room and getting booted did happen, though.

It's a problem in general with the Ridgefield Park venue: What's used as the locker room is a smaller event space downstairs where they have Zumba classes and whatnot. It's next to the bar and the main restrooms. There have been times during men's or mixed shows where I've gone downstairs to use the restroom and the locker room door was wide open. It's absolutely something that promoters who run the venue — especially for women's shows, of course — need to address. Have a security guard, put up a screen or pipe and drape or whatever by the door, etc.

I hadn't heard the match script thing, but CCW shows proper are always all-women's shows. For their last show, they did add some weird new sub-promotion pre-show thing as part of the same ticket with a couple men's prelim matches, though, but it was new.

Bonk posted:

I mean it isn't NOT that, considering the women are being treated differently and not being protected enough. Harassment takes a lot of forms and it isn't always obvious.
Do you mean in so far as the sponsor culture is a bigger part of women's matches and shows? Or specifically the story about the guy getting into the locker room? Or both?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

davidbix posted:

The version of the security thing that I saw, at least, was one of the announcers saying a sponsor promised her they'd get security for the locker room door. When I asked her if she verified that promise with the promoter, she liked the tweet without replying. Some rando dude getting into the locker room and getting booted did happen, though.

It's a problem in general with the Ridgefield Park venue: What's used as the locker room is a smaller event space downstairs where they have Zumba classes and whatnot. It's next to the bar and the main restrooms. There have been times during men's or mixed shows where I've gone downstairs to use the restroom and the locker room door was wide open. It's absolutely something that promoters who run the venue — especially for women's shows, of course — need to address. Have a security guard, put up a screen or pipe and drape or whatever by the door, etc.

I hadn't heard the match script thing, but CCW shows proper are always all-women's shows. For their last show, they did add some weird new sub-promotion pre-show thing as part of the same ticket with a couple men's prelim matches, though, but it was new.

Do you mean in so far as the sponsor culture is a bigger part of women's matches and shows? Or specifically the story about the guy getting into the locker room? Or both?

Bix man, just don't defend them. More and more stuff about CCW is coming out seemingly every day. It's not like these are issues coming from small Indy wrestlers who might not be the most professional. It's coming from people that at least i would trust, Edith Surreal, Brooke Valentine, and now Steph Delander.

https://twitter.com/stephdelander/status/1720032690794103279

When CCW started it was running in conjunction with the owners other fed, 1CW (First State Championship Wrestling). If you followed CCW on social media there was no way to know that you were going to a 1CW show. Unless you noticed that CCW promo graphics had a 1CW on the bottom. The show I went to in Delaware would have a CCW match and then a 1CW match. I only knew I was going to 2 shows when I got there. There's also almost no info in general about 1CW online and their website hasn't been updated in years. So it's easy to miss. But if you look into 1CW and CCW events they should mostly line up when they were doing Delaware shows.

The 1CW/CCW show I went to had Big Bill/Cass on it. The owner was walking around the crowd before the show trying to be a big shot by handing out autographed pics of Bill to the sponsors.

Edit: look through the QTs of that post since they posted that statement at 1am and turned off comments
https://twitter.com/TerraCalaway/status/1720055393936695730

syzpid fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 2, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CCW's statement is pretty incredible "we don't have any revenue" what a self own.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

CCW's statement is pretty incredible "we don't have any revenue" what a self own.

Reminds me of how the guy who wrote Forrest Gump took points on the net profits instead of gross and has never made a dime off the movie because the accountants continually find ways to claim after expenses it didn't make any money.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s just standard Hollywood accounting

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

syzpid posted:

Reminds me of how the guy who wrote Forrest Gump took points on the net profits instead of gross and has never made a dime off the movie because the accountants continually find ways to claim after expenses it didn't make any money.

The cult favorite cartoon Freakazoid the main character explicitly tells somebody to always take a piece of the gross, never the net. The net is fantasy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

syzpid posted:

They should write a really bitter sequel to CCW.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dawgstar posted:

The cult favorite cartoon Freakazoid the main character explicitly tells somebody to always take a piece of the gross, never the net. The net is fantasy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHL91HQzhuc

Handily clipped on Youtube

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I know it's normal Hollywood accounting, but I still find it funny. Biggest movie of the year & best picture winner made no money, sorry.

Also after getting dragged in the QTs they just deleted the whole Twitter account.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

IIRC Jack Nicholson took a piece of all merchandise AND box office take, and made out like a drat bandit because Batman was EVERYWHERE that summer.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

IIRC Jack Nicholson took a piece of all merchandise AND box office take, and made out like a drat bandit because Batman was EVERYWHERE that summer.

That's like Mark Hamill. He also gets a piece of merch and residuals from the movies, even more than just the original trilogy.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/PWRevolver/stat...%5Es1_&ref_url=

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The most interesting indie match in forever, have no idea if this will be a trainwreck or pretty great or something in between and what Ronda we get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

The most interesting indie match, four people from TV