Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

nice, a compilation. about finished charging up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wagner has a not so good reputation on destroying Nazism they fall short per se

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1719752311684071469

support the good guys who are clearly in the right as they brutally attack jews for chanting terrorist phrases like "never again"

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

eli lake should guy do some reporting close to the border with gaza

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04qPdGNA_KM

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

apparently the UAE threatened Bahrain to turn back from cutting relations with israel

-----

Bahrain actually withdrew its ambassador from Israel before it received a call from a larger Gulf country demanding that it withdraw the step or stop the flow of funds towards it.

https://x.com/oamaz7/status/1720100243239207355?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

----

New Nassrallah teaser drop

https://x.com/royanews/status/1720038374575124827?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

hezbollahs infantry look way better than the idf

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

wow... this is just like when the terrans and protoss teamed up to destroy the Overmind

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

mcmagic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzjicdi3O0o&t=5390s

If you need more Norm in your life. (Talking to 2 apartheid loving ghouls)

eli lake is like if wallace shawn wrote a despicable cretin for himself to play

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Can't wait for the full trailer to drop.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wagner has a not so good reputation on destroying Nazism they fall short per se

seems like they did all right

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Coming soon to a Palestine near you...

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
Been seeing this short explainer from @AldanMarki on twitter re Yemen/Houthi, wondering if it's accurate. Seems like some in here are knowers of this.

quote:

Seeing a lot of people confused by these news. "These are Houthis, not the Yemeni government" some people screech. You're wrong. Here's a quick crash course on some background history, the political landscape in Yemen & appropriate terminology:

1. The "Houthis" (known officially as the Ansarallah) is a broad grassroots movement with only a few defined political keypoints. This is deliberate, as the movement seeks to incorporate and represent the Yemeni people in its entirety across both Islamic and political differences. The movement has a right-wing, a centre-wing and a left-wing, each organized into separate unions and interest groups. For example, the left-wing is organized into what is called the "Cultural Front Against the Aggression", just to be very specific.

2. The "Houthis" ceased being a rebel group in late 2014 with the advent of the September 21st Revolution and the signing of the UN-sponsored Peace & National Partnership Agreement.
Prior to 2014, the group could indeed be described as a rebel movement as it fought 6 consecutive wars against the corrupt Saudi-backed government of Ali Abdullah Saleh. In September 2014, when the "Houthis" entered Sana'a to topple said government, more than 2/3rds of the entire Yemeni Armed Forces switched and took their side instead of the side of the government, giving the "Houthis" access to missile stockpiles and heavy weapons. More on that further down.

3. There are currently two competing governments in Yemen, one based in the constitutional capital Sana'a, and one de-facto based in Aden - although the Aden-based government remains unable to exercise its authority there. The "internationally-recognized government" based in Aden doesn't actually operate from within Yemen, but from a shadow cabinet based in the luxurious Ritz Carlton hotel in Riyadh where they've been exiled since February 2015.
Their direct authority is limited to warlord figures and tribal factions doing their bidding, representing less than 15% of Yemen's total population. In turn, the so-called "Houthi rebels" are part of what is called the Government of National Salvation, which exercises direct authority over 85% of Yemen's entire population.

4. The forces which have launched drones, ballistic & cruise missiles towards Israel are the forces aligned with the Government of National Salvation. They are far from being a "rag-tag rebel group", but operates as a truly conventional army. They don't "represent" the "Houthis", nor do they wage war on behalf of one party or group against another. They represent all of Yemen, and fight on behalf of all of Yemen without exception. They are the only Armed Force in Yemen loyal to a government with a parliamentary mandate to exercise authority - a mandate the Saudi-backed "government" does not have.

Tl;dr: It was indeed the Yemeni Armed Forces which launched the attacks against Israel.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I'm undecided if I should see this opening night or wait for a matinee

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Tsitsikovas posted:

Been seeing this short explainer from @AldanMarki on twitter re Yemen/Houthi, wondering if it's accurate. Seems like some in here are knowers of this.

How do you say "cash my check" in Yemeni Arabic?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Falukorv posted:

any variance between the different big french media outlets? Just browsing the TV, France24 is like, miles ahead of what you see on CNN which is ridicously israel-slanted. But CNN is a low bar

there's definitely variance and i've only been exposed to LCI, BFMTV and CNEWS so far, which range from CNN to Fox News in that order, with CNEWS being especially bloodthirsty and clearly relishing it considering the clips they pick to share on social media

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

So generous. The demons need to be fought back on multiple fronts. Thank you Wagner :blessed:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Tsitsikovas posted:

I have no idea and am only now catching up on how sophisticated the Houthi movement armed forces have gotten but the evidence I have seen which is a) they have long range guided missiles and drones, and b) they clearly have a pretty well funded video production department, this tracks. Capacity to govern is directly related to production values.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hammerstein posted:

Where the hell do they find people like that???

From my experience with people in my life, this woman is pretty much the replacement level american jew in terms of what they think about I/P.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

hmm

https://twitter.com/EyesOnSouth1/status/1720087071380168878

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Dear god this might be funniest fake phone call they've released so far. Every sentence is gold.

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1720101971430875584?t=Q7jkk8M0UYSSO9BYk_wEzA&s=19

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

The Oldest Man posted:

I have no idea and am only now catching up on how sophisticated the Houthi movement armed forces have gotten but the evidence I have seen which is a) they have long range guided missiles and drones, and b) they clearly have a pretty well funded video production department, this tracks. Capacity to govern is directly related to production values.

This is exactly where my head is at, had the same "aah makes sense" moment reading it for the first time considering the news of the past week.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Owlbear Camus posted:

ripping them down is correct and good but better "optics" would just be to put up 5 times as many posters of palestinian kids kidnapped in "administrative detention" by "israel" on the same wall.

Harik posted:

https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1719752311684071469

support the good guys who are clearly in the right as they brutally attack jews for chanting terrorist phrases like "never again"

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
How to get ahead in terrorism.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

Dear god this might be funniest fake phone call they've released so far. Every sentence is gold.

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1720101971430875584?t=Q7jkk8M0UYSSO9BYk_wEzA&s=19

praise god! we have the heads, now we can start a volleyball league!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Chants like 'From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free' are commonly perceived as calls for the annihilation of the state of Israel. What’s more, the position these chants represent completely ignores the fact that a majority of Palestinians have rejected this stance since the 1993 Oslo Accords and leaders of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank have consistently called for a two-state solution. Furthermore, the claim that all Palestinians in Gaza are responsible for Hamas lacks empirical support.

Condemnation of the Oct. 7 massacre of Israeli civilians by Hamas — and calling it out as an act of terrorism — shouldn’t be avoided out of risk of offending Palestinians and their supporters. Not condemning the terrorist attacks is a failure of a moral core, and by no means should condemnation of terrorism be viewed as incompatible with believing in Palestinian rights and statehood, alongside Israel. Terrorism is, by common understanding, an attack on all humanity.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

idk folks, seems like it's time for Israel to be invaded, occupied, dismantled, and handed back to the Palestinians

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

idk folks, seems like it's time for Israel to be invaded, occupied, dismantled, and handed back to the Palestinians

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Sancho Banana posted:

whom amongst us has not killed our momentum mid-attack to play headball

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

The PLA can get hosed for exactly this reason. Their existence is entirely for the benefit of the israeli project - some token of palestinian will that they and the US can point to and say "see, youre all wrong"

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I have an eternal burning hatred for people who use weaselly language like “commonly perceived as”

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Part of Nasrallah's speech will include an interlude of Prighozin busting out of a casket to the music of Eminem's "Without Me"

Hockenheim
Oct 20, 2022

by VG

madmatt112 posted:

idk folks, seems like it's time for the USA to be invaded, occupied, dismantled, and handed back to the Palestinians

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

every single one of these "intercepted" hamas communications reminds me of freshman year arabic

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Maya Fey posted:

there's definitely variance and i've only been exposed to LCI, BFMTV and CNEWS so far, which range from CNN to Fox News in that order, with CNEWS being especially bloodthirsty and clearly relishing it considering the clips they pick to share on social media

just as I said this i came across this clip from LCI where a guest's reaction to a palestinian man talking about the refugee camp bombing disaster was to laugh and condescendingly call him "articulate" "media savvy" and "a good mouthpiece"

https://twitter.com/realmarcel1/status/1720033596860240350

anyway sorry i'll stop posting about this now

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Atrocious Joe posted:

Part of Nasrallah's speech will include an interlude of Prighozin busting out of a casket to the music of Eminem's "Without Me"

Nassrallah's going to take off his beard and glasses and it's gonna be Prighozin underneath

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Atrocious Joe posted:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

so the idf got their asses handed to them by a bunch of guys who stopped in the middle of their military operation to cook dinner and play soccer

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Meanwhile the Brazilian citizens stuck in Gaza are still being denied exit because the Brazilian government said things that Israel didn't like. What's it called when you prevent someone from leaving and keep them in harms way unless the people that care about them do something they don't want to?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Sancho Banana posted:

They cut their heads off and then shot the heads. apalling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Israeli government to release video of Hamas fighter making a three pointer with the head of a settler.