Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Rodney The Yam II posted:

I have bad news. They finally ruined President's Choice Deluxe White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese dinner. They switched the pasta for really low quality starchy stuff, terrible.

woke up and read this post and instantly went back to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

This is actually making me kinda sad for real as i realize I've had this one treat that's been consistently tasty since i was a teenager and now I'm middle aged and it'll probably never come back. Not the biggest deal in life ofc but it's a small crack ping among all the others

I had this moment when the recipe for Neilson Golden Buds changed. Can't find them anymore now.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

This is actually making me kinda sad for real as i realize I've had this one treat that's been consistently tasty since i was a teenager and now I'm middle aged and it'll probably never come back. Not the biggest deal in life ofc but it's a small crack ping among all the others

There are a bunch of food products that taste worse than I remember and I'm not sure if it's nostalgia or they really did make the recipe cheaper. (it probably is the latter)

They should be forced to put a label on the package if it changes. "New, shittier formula. Same great price!"

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

fisting by many posted:

There are a bunch of food products that taste worse than I remember and I'm not sure if it's nostalgia or they really did make the recipe cheaper. (it probably is the latter)

They should be forced to put a label on the package if it changes. "New, shittier formula. Same great price!"

They keep making new words for this stuff.

The OG inflation.
Then there was shrinkflation.

What you're talking about is apparently called skimpflation.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Are those President's Choice Hand-Tossed in Italy pizzas worth the $? My wife was looking to expand her repertoire of garbage processed food.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Goat beemster is the best volume cheese IMO.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

FuturePerfect VideoGames posted:

Goat beemster is the best volume cheese IMO.

We talking about this one? Epic pizzaballs?

quote:

We may be biased, but our PC® Blue Menu® Thin and Crispy Vegetables, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pizza may be our G.O.A.T (Greatest of All Time). Full of vibrant colours and flavour, this thin and crispy crust makes for an epic pizza night at home.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
ahh I never have presidents choice stuff because I made a choice to spend way too much money to live somewhere I dont have to spend way too much money owning, maintaining, and insuring a motor vehicle. theres no Real Canadian Superstore within walking distance.

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
That was certainly a pantry staple during the Pandemic. Can of tuna and PC White Cheddar Mac and Cheese.

Why must everything get constantly shittier.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i live abroad and have no desire to eat mac and cheese whatsoever

hot rods and extra spicy clamato juice on the other hand

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I don't know what President chose to deny that goon their generic kraft dinner snacks, but this is how revolutions begin

Mysterious Jim
Sep 7, 2021

DariusLikewise posted:

we have a prime minister not a president

then explain to me who the scotsman on canadian tire money is

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Durf posted:

we've been through a lot and settled on La Vieille Ferme. smooth and pleasant enough. $14-16

We buy their boxed rose after having discovered it hilariously enough in Paris. poo poo's great for an amazing price

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gravid Topiary posted:

getting your MAiD denied at the tim hortons self-serve kiosk because of outstanding CERB back payments

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

fisting by many posted:

or covid

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Mysterious Jim posted:

then explain to me who the scotsman on canadian tire money is

brother of the Export A lass? I.e., the King of Canada

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Thread takeover complete time for bed

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I have information that will lead to the arrest of galen weston

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Making your own mac and cheese from scratch is a game changer.
I desire to know more.

Ive heard you can buy standalone cheese powder, but i've never seen it in stores, and looking online it seems comically overpriced.

Recipes for non baked mac and cheese I've looked up seemed to be considerably more high effort then KD.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Oxyclean posted:

I desire to know more.

Ive heard you can buy standalone cheese powder, but i've never seen it in stores, and looking online it seems comically overpriced.

Recipes for non baked mac and cheese I've looked up seemed to be considerably more high effort then KD.

When it comes to bulk supplies of random cooking powders and materials, 'bulk barn' would be my first assumption.

Enough Mac and Cheese powder to fill a bathtub

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the secret to kd cheese is sodium citrate

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I have information that will lead to the arrest of galen weston

The secret menu MAiD cheat code

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
the gws folks did some molecular gastro cheese dust back in the day

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Oxyclean posted:

I desire to know more.

https://www.seriouseats.com/ingredient-stovetop-mac-and-cheese-recipe

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

wait i thought you had to make a bechemel and add cheese to it or else the mac would just be some cheese on noodles and would then solidify as soon as it started to cool

what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Isizzlehorn posted:

When it comes to bulk supplies of random cooking powders and materials, 'bulk barn' would be my first assumption.

Enough Mac and Cheese powder to fill a bathtub

Bulk Barn definitely has the powder, I just got some a couple weeks ago.

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Prime Minister's Choice Memories of White Cheddar

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

saints gambit posted:

That was certainly a pantry staple during the Pandemic. Can of tuna and PC White Cheddar Mac and Cheese.

Why must everything get constantly shittier.

makes number go up

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

wait i thought you had to make a bechemel and add cheese to it or else the mac would just be some cheese on noodles and would then solidify as soon as it started to cool

what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

They're esentially making a sort of fettuccini alfredo but with cheddar cheese and macaroni. I don't know how well it will work, though.

You need a lot of starch in the water to make the cheese sauce work and I don't know if just reducing the amount of water would be enough to get the content up enough for the sauce to form.

Edit: And if you use bagged shredded cheese with lots of additives to stop it form sticking, it will also probably never work right.

Weembles has issued a correction as of 19:20 on Nov 2, 2023

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I've made it many times and enjoyed it every time! but I am no great cook

haven't tried pre-shredded cheese in it.

also I started a box of pc kd before realizing I had no milk, starchy water and a bit more butter worked pretty well!

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I was in Alberta last month and went to a bulk barn for the first time and mother of God.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
nationalise bulk barn

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Bulk Barn is good for snacks if you don't think too hard about how they're stored and how long they may have been sitting there.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

DariusLikewise posted:

nationalise bulk barn

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Weembles posted:

They're esentially making a sort of fettuccini alfredo but with cheddar cheese and macaroni. I don't know how well it will work, though.

You need a lot of starch in the water to make the cheese sauce work and I don't know if just reducing the amount of water would be enough to get the content up enough for the sauce to form.

Edit: And if you use bagged shredded cheese with lots of additives to stop it form sticking, it will also probably never work right.

kenji is good and his stuff never fails me including this mac and cheese

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

kenjis garlic noodles are all youll ever need https://youtu.be/wK9OHVxB_Z8?si=clsOVFZQeBOmO3lI

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

sorry the only cooking instruction i want to see is from the lord of patriarchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGBKmlmPEog

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

sorry the only cooking instruction i want to see is from the lord of patriarchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGBKmlmPEog

Wait that's not Stephen Yan...

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Randalor posted:

Bulk Barn is good for snacks if you don't think too hard about how they're stored and how long they may have been sitting there.

This is violence, but also I worked in a dairy, and after that did food safety inspections for Sobeys, nothing can shock me related to food. I've seen a Sobeys that had so many mice a weasel moved in.

Edit: I will say, after the dairy I didn't drink milk for like 5 years. It definitely affected me.

ZShakespeare posted:

I was in Alberta last month and went to a bulk barn for the first time and mother of God.

Glad to hear that it rules discovering it as an adult. That place was basically Mecca for children, so you usually experience it first as a child. Going to bulk barn as a child always ended in consuming an irresponsible amount of candy. I can't not think of it fondly.

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Nov 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

i replaced mac n cheese with those Korean spicy noodles that have the chicken blushing on them. they have a cheesy version that comes with an insane hot sauce that destroys your colon and its really great to add tuna to :)