Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/vptevo/status/1720071834375250307

Israel speedrunning the part of their Wikipedia page that says “factors leading to civil war”

breaking the glass over the volksturm option a little early but ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol directly threatening the civilians. can't say they don't have a method

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

PawParole posted:

Israel speedrunning the part of their Wikipedia page that says “factors leading to civil war”

You don't even get the best part unless you click into the article

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/WealthyAutocrat/status/1720070512020173164

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1720114544154968216

Yet another teaser trailer for the speech tomorrow

this is lining up to be the biggest “we hear you, we see you” speech in a long time

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Jel Shaker posted:

this is lining up to be the biggest “we hear you, we see you” speech in a long time

Obama tactics, sad!

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

The Oldest Man posted:

tavor 21s for everyone!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Boat Stuck posted:

Obama tactics, sad!

If you like your occupier, you can keep them!

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Owlbear Camus posted:

reports are emerging that hamas are now in league with the Aztecs used the heads to play a rousing game of ōllamalīztli

Israeli sources now confirming that Hamas decapitated 80,400 babies in a day to celebrate the creation of a new tunnel network

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

PawParole posted:

this will not add to any violence to palestinians as that’s already turned up to 11, but will certainly lead to more violence among the settlers and israelis

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Hamas robocop but instead of shooting dicks it's babys running at him

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

The Oldest Man posted:

Ideally they will turn on the ultra-orthodox settlers, when they grow bored and have no Palestinian available for bullying.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Oldest Man posted:

poo poo must be absolutely dire for the IDF lmao

it hasn't even been a month and they're already pulling randos off the street and giving them a gun and an 8 hour training video

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
27-50 with no prior military experience? I assume this is mostly people who moved from America?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
burger brain not required, but it helps!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
in 5 hours saudi citizens have raised around 30 million dollars for gaza :unsmith:

More than 113 million riyals were donated by our people in ⁧‫#الحملة_السعودية_لإغاثة_فلسطين‬⁩ just 5 hours after its launch.
‎By God, our people are alive and a guardian of religion, chivalry, and chivalry, but the reckless Bin Salman is the one who is trying to extinguish that light in the hearts of the people of the Kingdom.

https://x.com/turkishalhoub/status/1720094883996893581?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Death to Prince Bonesaw.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

hezbollahs infantry look way better than the idf

Someone get Steve1989 some Hezbillah MRE's

bij
Feb 24, 2007

KomradeX posted:

Someone get Steve1989 some Hezbillah MRE's

I dunno, adoption papers take a while.

(this is a joke about ridiculous atrocity propaganda)

bij has issued a correction as of 18:55 on Nov 2, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/michael_galant/status/1720108662750912795/photo/1

Israel being our BFF again.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Speleothing posted:

27-50 with no prior military experience? I assume this is mostly people who moved from America?

gets a gun and immediately walks to the nearest school

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Harik posted:

Hamas saying that they weren't prepared for their wild success and of the 1500 they sent into israel 1400 came back alive is just incredible to me. They didn't believe the IOF would really depend entirely on an expensive surveillance system but that it would still be worthwhile to take it down to blind them.

Turns out that yes, Israel did in fact depend entirely on a multi-billion dollar boondoggle and when the feeds went down they had no idea what to do or how to organize against the resistance forces.

Liberalism is an unstoppable force apparently.

I sent him a polite email, but I'm so loving curious if Professor Betz will have to rewrite his book before it hits shelves next month.

The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 came to symbolize the dawn of a new era of openness and connectivity. Yet today, the world is ever more divided, demarcated, and – quite literally – fortified. We are living in a guarded age.

Why and how has this happened? Where will it take us? In this book, David J. Betz explores the expansion of fortified physical infrastructure at every level of the global political economy. In cities, where security is increasingly ‘designed in’ to public buildings and spaces as they are reshaped to mitigate mass terror attacks. Within corporations, who are burying their electronic assets in deep underground caverns and behind the leaded walls of ex-nuclear war bunkers against a range of threats and feared contingencies. In many urban areas, where the default condition of civil life is to be walled, gated, watched, and guarded. Year after year, hundreds of miles of linear obstacles – walls, ditches, and watchtowers – are added to national borders. Practically everywhere you look there are signs of innovative fortification, often designed to be overlooked. The Guarded Age reveals the barriers which most have observed but few – until reading this book – have truly seen.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

This is deputizing pogromists in order to intensify ethnic cleansing in the West Bank

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Calibanibal posted:

reports are that the IDF doesnt exist anymore. its all gone

This is why when someone collapses in a confined space like a tunnel you should go get help instead of trying to rescue them yourself

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

The Oldest Man posted:

Ah so this is how you get paramilitary death squads.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

I sent him a polite email, but I'm so loving curious if Professor Betz will have to rewrite his book before it hits shelves next month.

The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 came to symbolize the dawn of a new era of openness and connectivity. Yet today, the world is ever more divided, demarcated, and – quite literally – fortified. We are living in a guarded age.

Why and how has this happened? Where will it take us? In this book, David J. Betz explores the expansion of fortified physical infrastructure at every level of the global political economy. In cities, where security is increasingly ‘designed in’ to public buildings and spaces as they are reshaped to mitigate mass terror attacks. Within corporations, who are burying their electronic assets in deep underground caverns and behind the leaded walls of ex-nuclear war bunkers against a range of threats and feared contingencies. In many urban areas, where the default condition of civil life is to be walled, gated, watched, and guarded. Year after year, hundreds of miles of linear obstacles – walls, ditches, and watchtowers – are added to national borders. Practically everywhere you look there are signs of innovative fortification, often designed to be overlooked. The Guarded Age reveals the barriers which most have observed but few – until reading this book – have truly seen.

the imperialists are freaked out by Hamas in part because this no longer seems to be a viable future strategy, at least at the cost they were expecting

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

This is deputizing pogromists in order to intensify ethnic cleansing in the West Bank

That's how I read it at first but I think they may be so desperate for formations that they're planning to use these guys as replacements for actual IDF guards

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

the imperialists are freaked out by Hamas in part because this no longer seems to be a viable future strategy, at least at the cost they were expecting

SameMap.jpg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
if Hizbollah is setting up chairs in a public square i think we can completely write off this as a declaration of war, hes 100% hitting the snooze button.

im not gonna bother watching live

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Atrocious Joe posted:

wheels. wheels and walls!!!!!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol Eastern Europe doesn't even get token consideration

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

All these motherfuckers dressing like goddamn Bond villains. What's the deal with that?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

PT6A posted:

All these motherfuckers dressing like goddamn Bond villains. What's the deal with that?

Looks like some background member of the New York crew in the Sopranos.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

This will lead to some horrific, door to door massacres, both of Palestinians and Israelis

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mcmagic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzjicdi3O0o&t=5390s

If you need more Norm in your life. (Talking to 2 apartheid loving ghouls)

Christ I thought Eli Lake was bad on twitter. He's whinier than Dershowitz was.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1719967327989477637?t=rxkoIj75nxJIpd97PjRYqA&s=19

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

That's alright. He's ultimately limited by his materialism.

Here's something with a bit more meat from the Muslim perspective, in sync with our friend MiddleNation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh3tkT-PlOo

quote:

They fled Europe, and came to our shores, willing not to ask before they entered our house. And now they are in a state of disquiet. For if you have taken a man's house and driven him out, you must live with the sound of him banging on the door. He will not stop, and you will not quite relax in his bedroom, his sofa, the view from his window, with the knowledge of his sorrow and his outrage. He is still out there, with his wife and children. The temptation will be to treat the banging as a sound from outside one’s humanity, deserving of no moral concern, as though it were the noise of a storm, rattling the gate in its hinges. There is no person there, no face to look at. I can sit here, and I can relax.

But the knocking on the door has always been heard, ever since 1948. Yes, the iron in the soul helps to block it. So does dehumanisation: General Eitan described the Palestinians in the West Bank as ‘cockroaches in a bottle’. The noise of cockroaches will not disturb our rest. The view over old Arab lands from the Hebrew University will not derail the ethics seminar. What can the confiscator of the house do, other than evolve a culture of deafness and blindness? And such a culture will not find atrocity difficult. The blunder and discourtesy, as Muslims would see it, of siding with their historic persecutors against an Islamic world that could treat them hospitably, may turn into an unforeseen catastrophe. As a former British diplomat told me, the Balfour Declaration was an Armageddon bomb. It is ticking and sparking in many places in the world, not only in Jerusalem. How and where and if it will completely explode, no-one can know. But current escalations suggest that something terrible is possible.

Muslims are concerned by another apparent rotting of the soul. Look at the recent open letter from the beleaguered Palestinian Churches, calling the Christian hierarchies of the West to repent. They feel abandoned, those priests in the land of Christianity’s birth. The Christian leaders of the rich countries are as quiet as mice. Why the fondness for Zion among elite Western churchmen, while Israel tramples on Gaza like an enraged tyrannosaur, and women have miscarriages in lightless basements, the walls shaking from the bombardment? These Palestinians are not appealing to the extreme evangelicals; that would be futile. Around the world, increasing numbers of Christians believe that the Arabs must be smacked and the Temple of Solomon must be rebuilt, so that Jesus will come again, and the Jews will bow down and worship him. This strangeness is spreading like wildfire in Africa, naturally damaging relations with Muslim communities.

Now, the Palestinian clergy are calling the elite Western churches to repentance. But they will not get much more than anxious words, for many in the churches now believe the Zionist story, thus supporting the takers of the land against those from whom it was taken. They know they cannot sit on the fence, at least, not on that fence.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Jel Shaker posted:

SameMap.jpg

I was going to say, this is just a map of the most democratic societies, with the most freedom, most progressive social policies, most media literacy etc.

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009

What are the two cities close together right above Florida? Chattanooga/Atlanta? I can't find anything in the southeast on any list of quality of life cities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could have defrauded the people who run Birthright of however much it would have cost to send me on a Birthright trip

I didn't take one but I wish I could just somehow get the cash equivalent and donate it to a decent charity to help unfuck Palestine