Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I think a lot of people would struggle to distinguish between an oboe and a clarinet, especially if they can't see the instrument being played tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I think a lot of people would struggle to distinguish between an oboe and a clarinet, especially if they can't see the instrument being played tbh.

I'll do you one better: if you held up an oboe and a clarinet and said which one's the oboe I'd probably need two guesses what do i know from oboes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zoux posted:

Good thing to say at voir dire to get out of jury duty imo

dire vore is how i would describe that bird's performance yes

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

projecthalaxy posted:

I'll do you one better: if you held up an oboe and a clarinet and said which one's the oboe I'd probably need two guesses what do i know from oboes
Clarinets are single reed and the mouthpiece tapers from the width of the instrument, oboes are double reed and the mouthpiece is a little pipe.

That's all I remember, anyway, i was a trumpet player.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Crowds reacting are one thing, but if you showed me just the on-screen action and game audio I would have no way of knowing if what I saw was significant in any way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Justice :hai:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sorry, I dont watch sportscontroller

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Control Volume posted:

Sorry, I dont watch sportscontroller

:mods:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/notkavi/status/1720115306243166579

Starting up one of these for posts

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:quagmire:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1720025587593470269?s=20

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ClubPhotos_/status/1719788251769127206?s=20

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

OwlFancier posted:

dire vore is how i would describe that bird's performance yes

:golfclap:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What even is that trying to eat the fish?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's some kind of bird (not real) who's head is poking out of the water.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

projecthalaxy posted:

Oboes sound like they're being played through somebody's nose (possibly not the oboist's).

Re the noble fish, that doesn't look like algae to me; it looks like some sort of surface-floating plant. If you think about how a pond full of duckweed (say) looks, you notice that the lumps are bigger and more regular than a clump of algae.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

It's called a Burrowing Snagret.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Owns. I assume the border is for ports/airports or is that 100 miles from the coastline thing true because lmfao

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Poops Mcgoots posted:

This is pretty dumb - distinguishing them visually isn't simple for those who don't know instruments, but why would you tell them to attempt it visually when the sound of each is so different.

So for those wondering how to figure out the difference - just listen for the most nasal whiny sounding and irritating thing in the orchestra, then look at what s/he's playing, and that's the oboe.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

SyNack Sassimov posted:

This is pretty dumb - distinguishing them visually isn't simple for those who don't know instruments, but why would you tell them to attempt it visually when the sound of each is so different.

So for those wondering how to figure out the difference - just listen for the most nasal whiny sounding and irritating thing in the orchestra, then look at what s/he's playing, and that's the oboe.

you're an oboe?

hahaha got em

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Owns. I assume the border is for ports/airports or is that 100 miles from the coastline thing true because lmfao

100 miles from the coast, about 2/3 people in America live in that area Including everyone in Florida.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Simple, oboes sound like a feather duster brought to life by a wizard and a clarinet sounds like a duck that is convinced its a songbird (ducks operate on WH40K Ork rules so it ends up being true)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lmao

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

ben shapino posted:

you're an oboe?

hahaha got em

no I PLAY the oboe. you buffoon, you etc. etc.

edit: just to be clear, I do not play the oboe

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I think its an anhinga

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think you're supposed to say that

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

That's one of those birds that make you realize, oh yeah, they are just dinosaurs.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Air Skwirl posted:

100 miles from the coast, about 2/3 people in America live in that area Including everyone in Florida.

They really wanted to stretch the rules to justify those trips to Tahoe, huh?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

projecthalaxy posted:

Pressing the stick backwards in the correct 1/30th of a second dozens of times in a row

Pressing it forward, meaning that he stopped blocking and if he hadn't parried every strike he would have eaten the rest of the move and died immediately.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Air Skwirl posted:

And that's why the Mormons live in Utah

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Didn't they argue at one point that an international airport counts as a port of entry to also trigger the 100 mile rule?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dameius posted:

Didn't they argue at one point that an international airport counts as a port of entry to also trigger the 100 mile rule?

Yes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
In a 6-3 decision,

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

SkeletonHero posted:

It's called a Burrowing Snagret.

Bird didn't snag poo poo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I would uphold his First Amendment right to drive that truck.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

how about the thirst amendment and it's your right to be horny all the time

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Look only the border patrol is authorized to do cavity searches

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

ben shapino posted:

how about the thirst amendment and it's your right to be horny all the time

Calm down Musk.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Back in APB this was the theme for my character and customized cop car:

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
https://x.com/voicesbyzane/status/1720145880957825186?s=46

https://x.com/dioniciort/status/1720166291653132490?s=46

surprise, something is broken on twitter
https://x.com/pbvalve/status/1720160016328474744?s=46

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Bird didn't snag poo poo

It snagged regret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

steinrokkan posted:

They should keep him away somehow, like shoot him into space in a rocket or something

This is the one thing we didn't want to happen.