Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I'm excited for the Sandrock "full release" tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

LLSix posted:

Thank you for reminding me about this! Now I'm also excited

Edit: do we have an exact time?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

JosefStalinator posted:

Not that I have seen.

After playing through a build earlier this year I'm extremely looking forward to the final release.

E: Beaten, and with times! Hell yeah.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

gently caress yea! That's only 12 more hours!

I intentionally avoided playing much and I've been antsy to try on release!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I hope you'll all have a good time in the game, as someone who helped out as a volunteer beta tester in the final stages this game was a huge step up for the devs from portia.

PSA: The console versions lag behind in content at launch, they're on the september patch which has the full story complete. The PC version has some new features + a little postgame content even, that stuff will arrive on consoles in december.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I played the initial EA release and it was fun, so I'm excited to start a new save to see all the new stuff

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

LLSix posted:

Oh? I haven't been reading the news stuff too closely. What's so not "full release" about it?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Zesty posted:

Oh? I haven't been reading the news stuff too closely. What's so not "full release" about it?

Some characters are still a bit lacking in the quest department, but I know the devs amend to fix it and have post launch plans already.

The console versions as mentioned above are not on feature parity with the PC release today.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I bought Sandrock very long ago after having fun with Portia, and I can't wait for the full release.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hopefully the map is smaller than in Portia.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I will probably give it a little bit before actually playing, just so they have time to iron our any new issues and maybe squeeze in that last little bit of content that should be in 1.0

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Tired Moritz posted:

Hopefully the map is smaller than in Portia.

It's larger but you have plenty more fast travel options and can get a horse.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

And you get the horse option almost immediately (within the first week?). Which is very appreciated.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

How's the multiplayer is it fully fleshed out, wanting to co-op the entire thing with someone.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Mp is its own thing. The story is Singleplayer only, they couldn't find a way to implement it in multiplayer and regret having to do it this way.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

FrickenMoron posted:

It's larger but you have plenty more fast travel options and can get a horse.

It's better laid-out, too. Like the church is still on top of a hill but you don't have to spiral around and around to climb up to it.

Lots more paths and alternate routes in general.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
probably gonna start a fresh playthrough for the new patch, this is great

I've been really enjoying Sandrock; the setting feels more expansive than Portia's, and really works to maintain a coherent feel; the desert climate means agriculture works differently, the isolated location means the local Church's rules about technology are a bit more relaxed, and so on. I also really appreciate how as the game progresses you're made to feel like people notice all the stuff you're doing around town, even the non-building stuff (I particularly enjoyed the reaction of Bronco the Kid to your character, though I'll speak no more on it).

Also it becomes clear that before you showed up, easily the most capable and talented person in town is a cat

If you've been holding off, I suspect you're gonna find it was worth the wait

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'll probably wait for a patch or two, but I'm also quite excited.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
e: NM, it looks like a bug in how Steam is displaying DLC pricing on the new content pop-up.

e2: For reference this is what the pop-up shows, which is actually the price of the deluxe edition that includes those DLCs:

Looks like it's $19 to upgrade from base to deluxe and get all those, I don't see an individual price for the DLC themselves when I look at the individual listings.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 2, 2023

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yeah they want to sell them individually later, also not all dlc is done (character outfits)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Are wallpapers actually locked behind DLC or is this just for those specific ones.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

TurnipFritter posted:

Are wallpapers actually locked behind DLC or is this just for those specific ones.

Just those, there's like 20 available by default.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's funny to even decorate inside because you only see it when saving to start the next day.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah but those sweet stat buffs!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Don't get me wrong, every available inch of my hosed up house (I really messed up with the editor, i have an upstairs that can only be accessed from a door hanging off the side of the second floor if you angle onto a lamp post the right way) is covered with decoration for the buffs! I was just seeing that DLC as aesthetic and my character is always wearing best available gear looking like a mishmash scavenger, and my workshop and home are dictated by function. I also play with day length set to max and still rarely felt like I had the downtime to really sink into decor, but that's entirely on me for wanting to always max out jobs the morning of to get highest rank and progress and the game isn't really built for that, or at least not during development where doing so would often end up giving you a holiday thats also packed with a half dozen story events, granted, pretty fun to get it all done in one go but probably not the intention.

Still undecided on whether I wanna finish out my initial farm or start anew. On one hand, I've already done most of the content, on the other, a lot of it came in weird order punctuated over a year or two. Plus if I was fast the first time, I can go even faster now knowing more of what I'll need or not. Like I'm in year 2 and still have a few things left to research.... this is inefficiency on my part.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Khanstant posted:

my character is always wearing best available gear looking like a mishmash scavenger,

There is a separate section for gear for stats and gear for fashion on the character screen. You can have the best stat gear available and have your appearance still be in the default clothes if you so desire. Your fashion gear doesn't even need to be in your inventory, you can stuff it in a box/display case/wardrobe.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
We should maybe change the title to indicate Sandrock is out.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

A lot of people like to decorate in these sorts of games, but I do remember a lot of the decorative stuff in Portia being absurdly expensive and only available for the full house upgrade?

Fashion though... fashion is non-negotiable. You can't build this crusty desert town into a thriving city-state if you don't look cute.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Man I can’t wait to be horribly inefficient and feel like I’m bumbling along like in every game like this (which I still love and play a ton of).

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I've got an embarrassing amount of hours in this game but also haven't played the early game in over a year and am starting a new campaign this evening, so as I bump into things I think would be good tips for newbies I'll try to compile them and put some kind of mini-effort post together. Unless anybody wants to do the work for me, at least. :v:

I will say if memory serves it feels a lot easier to actually get your feet under you in Sandrock than in Portia.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Any good skills to go for first?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

queeb posted:

Any good skills to go for first?

Anything that doubles your knowledge gain cause it helps you level up skills quicker. Then go for anything that gives you double chances for rocks/wood. For social absolutely rush the skill that gives you an extra commission per day. For weapons pick a melee weapon you gel with (spear is really good with the extra combo and so are knives) and then go for guns imo.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 2, 2023

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dear whoever decided to add "leave the mines" to the quick menu circle thingie - thank you and I love you

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
M for map then R is also quick exit

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Whoever decided to put train tracks in front of your workshop is a genius. Choo Choo. Already in love with the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
mmmmm maybe ill try portia again. maybe marry the monkey man

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
My Time in Sandrock, Talos Principle 2, Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name, Football Manager, Alien Hominid Invasion, Radiant Silvergun, Star Ocean, The Bed We Made, The Invincible all coming out in the same week. And with Persona 5 Tactics and Bluey: The Videogame plus many other it's a packed month to be releasing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Megazver posted:

We should maybe change the title to indicate Sandrock is out.

I changed it but if anyone thinks of a better one please post it in here and report the post and we'll fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

M for map then R is also quick exit

yeah but 'press tab, move mouse' is even quicker

and it brings up the level select, not just kicking you out, which is handy when relic hunting