Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
After much trawling the net, I think I've managed to get an order in for Bandai's Qui-Gon reissue. Now if they could just reissue RotS Obi-Wan too (and in enough numbers that there isn't a goddamn mad scramble to find one)...

I don't get Bandai at all, it feels like they do such small runs plus it's nuts how they've done pretty much every film *but* Empire - I'd snap up the Bespin versions of everyone in a heartbeat, yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1720085574823170406?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wow, I had actually forgotten I preorderd Mole Rat and the Sniper. Apparently they're out for delivery today.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
If adventure has a name…

”It belongs in a museum (which will pay me handsomely for nicking it from its rightful ancestral home)!”

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Did anybody want that Platinum Sinestro from McFarlane, the one in the mostly GL outfit? Happened to find one at Target and grabbed it in case somebody wanted it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Missed the preorders for all the SHF Ep 1 figures, dammit.

Hopefully Amazon and BBTS get them.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Oh boy, I got what I expected out of Walmart on the two Joes that came today.

Both just in boxes with zero padding or protection. Mole Rat looks like somebody kneed on the middle of the outer box at some point in his journey too.

Alley Viper box also scuffed but not so much I care to try to return it. Every single one of his guns has about a 20 degree angle hook to them though. What's the current go to for safely fixing them?

Really excited to see how Shooter is when she gets here tomorrow or Saturday.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Canopus250 posted:

Alley Viper box also scuffed but not so much I care to try to return it. Every single one of his guns has about a 20 degree angle hook to them though. What's the current go to for safely fixing them?

I watched a video on repairing bent accessories the other day. Basically, boil a small amount of water and pour it into a flat vessel. Get some cold water ready in another flat-bottomed vessel (ie, a pan lol) next to it. Drop the accessory in for a quick twenty-count (as in 1-2-3... 20), fish it out, and drop it into the cold water. I used chopsticks for this operation lol.

I was surprised to see that plastic has a "memory" of its original shape. Saved a bunch of my joe accessories this way.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Every toy collector should own a decent hair dryer. It’s an invaluable tool.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Give one as a gift for Christmas to a family member with the secret intent to use it to fix toys.

They will never suspect a thing.

Lots of folks getting various figures today, some only getting one or two and oddly enough in different packages.

Many people still don't got their HISS email either. I have yet to receive mine. Maybe the 28,000 or so pre orders broke Hasbros email sender haha

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Well unfortunately I'm a bald dude who lives alone so the need for one has been gone for at least 15 years.

For that boiling water technique you didn't need to do any bending though?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Give one as a gift for Christmas to a family member with the secret intent to use it to fix toys.

They will never suspect a thing.

Lots of folks getting various figures today, some only getting one or two and oddly enough in different packages.

Many people still don't got their HISS email either. I have yet to receive mine. Maybe the 28,000 or so pre orders broke Hasbros email sender haha

I ordered a few Joes that are back in stock at Walmart this morning. I wonder if they will arrive before the ones Pulse charged me for earlier in the week but haven’t shipped.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Well, the team is complete, just waiting on Xanatos and I'm done with the line. Also need to find a badass backdrop, open to suggestions.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Louisgod posted:

Well, the team is complete, just waiting on Xanatos and I'm done with the line. Also need to find a badass backdrop, open to suggestions.

They look really nice together. No Angela?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dawgstar posted:

They look really nice together. No Angela?

I may eventually pick her up but I mainly remember the first season with the "original" cast. I barely have enough room for the whole team as is.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

I’m pretty sure I saw him at Target today, so keep an eye out

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Wrong, you're missing Macbeth.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Canopus250 posted:

For that boiling water technique you didn't need to do any bending though?

Not especially, or at least, I didn't. The form returned more or less on its own after a brief dip in the freshly-boiled water. I recommended a flat container for the water cause I used rounded bowls initially and the accessory ended up with a slight bend as a result.

I'll have to use my partner's hairdryer next time, might be more efficient.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Louisgod posted:

I got Goliath and Demona, tempted to get Brooklyn as he's my favorite. Had no idea Lexington had come out.

Great looking set.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

I’m pretty sure I saw him at Target today, so keep an eye out

Oh I bet it was the armored version, I'm after the suited version, which I don't think is out yet.

Fuzz posted:

Wrong, you're missing Macbeth.

drat, true

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Last Call posted:

I got Goliath and Demona, tempted to get Brooklyn as he's my favorite. Had no idea Lexington had come out.

Great looking set.

Lexington is just now hitting target/walmarts. Do you want armoured Xanatos or suited?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

The_Doctor posted:

Lexington is just now hitting target/walmarts. Do you want armoured Xanatos or suited?

Due to lack of space and the number of Joes I got to watch what I get so Goliath and Demona are the only ones bothering with.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh drat, I might end up having to grab this guy. Love the 90s X-Men designs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Proportions look really weird on that. Like a Thunderbirds puppet.

gregday
May 23, 2003

That’s a good suit but that face just doesn’t say Scott Summers to me.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I bought 2 clear tubes to try 2 different methods for the ooze. First, coating the inside with glow in the dark paint. The second one I will seal the ends with Acrifix and mix up a more transparent ooze with clear shampoo and food dye. I’ll decide then which one to use. Tonight I made up the painted one. It’s not fully dry yet and the glow effect isn’t at its fullest potential, but I do like it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
For the Warhammer 40k peeps

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sideshow did the 90s Cyclops in their line a few years ago.

Like any of Sideshow’s own 1/6 stuff it was solid enough but shouldn’t have been priced at Hot Toys level.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Speaking of Sideshow, they’re doing a pretty decent deal on some Hot Toys, 35% off:

https://www.sideshow.com/code/amazingdeal?fbclid=IwAR09d6TwSEVoWo_GKftchaeEAEL0Kwu4iGVFZ10ZOtWtuLJASqhTbotQlII

I think the big one of hot here is the die cast MK1 Iron Man

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Did somebody say Warhammer?

missile guys

And Ancient

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I hope somebody, somewhere has every JoyToy WH40K figure out of the box and posed in a gigantic battle and that it's as splendid as I imagine

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Speaking of Sideshow, they’re doing a pretty decent deal on some Hot Toys, 35% off:

https://www.sideshow.com/code/amazingdeal?fbclid=IwAR09d6TwSEVoWo_GKftchaeEAEL0Kwu4iGVFZ10ZOtWtuLJASqhTbotQlII

I think the big one of hot here is the die cast MK1 Iron Man

I got Bo Katan last week in the 30% sale and she's there in the 35.

The bastards!

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

That rocket launcher gun looks like a parody of some absurd 40k bullshit crossed with Cable...it rules!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

thiccabod posted:

I hope somebody, somewhere has every JoyToy WH40K figure out of the box and posed in a gigantic battle and that it's as splendid as I imagine

Amen to that. Were I not embarrassingly deep in classified, mythic legions, and gokus, it'd be these.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Amen to that. Were I not embarrassingly deep in classified, mythic legions, and gokus, it'd be these.

This.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

thiccabod posted:

And that person is Gripweed

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Endless Mike posted:

And that person is Gripweed

I actually don't have that many, and most of what I do have aren't on display.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

If they keep releasing Salamanders and Sisters I'll eventually have a battle going! Nids too!

:negative:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hell yeah, a surprise Legends announcement, and for a character that's desperately needed. Now announce Deathbird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Not fair. I've had a Lilandra custom in the works for...checks notes...4 years now. Every time I make a custom, Hasbro ends up making it.