Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Papercut posted:

he doesn't trust Oliver

Very understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Reveal your username, Michael-Shawn Dugar, coward

https://theathletic.com/5019360/2023/11/02/seahawks-geno-smith-running-game/

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
My preseason predictions of the Seahawks being the best NFC West team, and the division as a whole not being that great with the 49ers taking a step back and the Rams struggling with inadequate talent, are starting to look quite a bit better.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Play posted:

My preseason predictions of the Seahawks being the best NFC West team, and the division as a whole not being that great with the 49ers taking a step back and the Rams struggling with inadequate talent, are starting to look quite a bit better.

The Seahawks are not the best NFC west team, and the niners and rams have taken a step back recently due to injuries. Your preseason predictions are trash ya dang raccoon!!!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Purdy being bad/hurt the last couple weeks has kind of overshadowed Geno not playing very well, too. It's hard to tell whether Geno is turning back into a pumpkin or if it's something he can overcome.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Manoueverable posted:

Purdy being bad/hurt the last couple weeks has kind of overshadowed Geno not playing very well, too. It's hard to tell whether Geno is turning back into a pumpkin or if it's something he can overcome.

Tis the season to carve him into something better if he did turn into a pumpkin.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Manoueverable posted:

I dunno if playing one game on the road against a good defense; one game against a team whose whole shtick is keeping games closer than expected; and one game against (arguably) the best defense in the league is a sign that he's entering a terminal decline.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don’t know which 2024 draft qb prospect is most like CJ Stroud or Anthony Richardson, but that is who the Seahawks need to draft.

Good thing we already traded away our 2024 second round pick!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The Seahawks are not the best NFC west team, and the niners and rams have taken a step back recently due to injuries. Your preseason predictions are trash ya dang raccoon!!!

ouch. thats hurtful

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Play posted:

ouch. thats hurtful

I did not mean to be hurtful. I appreciate and respect you, posting comrade :)

All takes are welcome here, cold, warm, and even hot.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I don’t know which 2024 draft qb prospect is most like CJ Stroud or Anthony Richardson, but that is who the Seahawks need to draft.

Good thing we already traded away our 2024 second round pick!

It's fine, we would have just spent it on a RB or LB who should be drafted in the fifth.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I Trust JT

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RhpsUAKINFg

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Nervous posted:

It's fine, we would have just spent it on a RB or LB who should be drafted in the fifth.

If Pete can't pick up an RB in the 2nd round then I guess he will have to take one in the first.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I did not mean to be hurtful. I appreciate and respect you, posting comrade :)

All takes are welcome here, cold, warm, and even hot.

The only takes that aren't welcome here are ones that disparage The Run

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

nollij posted:

If Pete can't pick up an RB in the 2nd round then I guess he will have to take one in the first.

Blessed be The Run.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

nollij posted:

This is hilariously true and I don't hate it.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

The Rams' issues really aren't injury related too much - not to nit pick, but their secondary (Derion Kendrick mainly cuz he's trash), LB's, and OL are liabilities this year.

I'm still thinking 8-7 or 7-8 is attainable.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

God willing the Seahawks still win the division somehow despite getting swept by the Rams and the niners

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nervous posted:

God willing the Seahawks still win the division somehow despite getting swept by the Rams and the niners

If they lose no other games then this is possible

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I would prefer it if the niners didn't lose any more games.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
The trade for Williams is a disaster if we don't sign him long term. If this was a rental it's a catastrophic error in judgement thinking this team had a Superbowl shot.

Geno is a 31MM cap hit next year and then can be cut for only 8.75 cap hit in 2025.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That could've gone better

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I'll lower my expectations from "this team could definitely win a Super Bowl" to "this team could definitely make the playoffs". That was a brutal showing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ravens are just nasty.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I know the term's been memed to a level where it doesn't mean anything anymore, but the Hawks are about as close to a fraud team as there is right now. Just deceptively awful across the board.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DancingMachine posted:

The trade for Williams is a disaster if we don't sign him long term. If this was a rental it's a catastrophic error in judgement thinking this team had a Superbowl shot.

Geno is a 31MM cap hit next year and then can be cut for only 8.75 cap hit in 2025.

Yeah PCJS sucks and it was another bad trade. Even if they extend Williams it’s still a bad trade.

Everyone who thought Seattle was a legit contender this year was/is dumb.

The Ravens are one of the very best teams in the nfl so losing to them is not unexpected, but getting this stomped shows just how weak Seattle is.

Once again it is shown that I am the superior football-understander :colbert:

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
PCJS is the worst coach/GM combo in the league except for only maybe 60 or 70 others that have been tried in the last 10 years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They got a year pass because they were actually in the right on the Russ situation

They shouldn't get much longer of a pass for that alone

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
lol welp

DancingMachine posted:

A terrible trade by the Seahawks because they thought they had a chance to make a run you say?

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 5, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
PCJS just see no value in draft picks. I was hoping that had changed after a couple of really successful drafts, but nope, a second rounder for an OK player who is under contract for only half a season and was not "the missing piece."

I'm not sure what people here have been reading. Outside a some rare "Seahawks are underrated" articles that pick up too much coverage from some thirsty fans, most of what I have seen has been correct that they are a pretty middle of the road team. Hard to say on a day when they gave up 37, but I still think the defense is decent and you just can't expect them to hold it up against a good offense for over 40 loving minutes. The offense though is hot garbage. The patchwork OL is doing OK at protecting Geno but very little on run blocking, there is almost no TE play (blocking to make up for the OL?), and Geno's decision making has gone completely out the window. Lock must still be injured because I see no reason why they didn't give him some snaps in the second half.

In conclusion, my only regret was not switching over to F1 earlier in the game.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

From what I read during the preseason on discord, Reddit, and Twitter, most of the fans were staunchly of the belief that hawks were one of the best teams in the nfc and surefire to make a decent playoff run.

After the string of wins to start the season, those folks were buying into the hype even more.

It’s especially funny that the first game immediately after the trade is the is game where hawks get absolutely rekt.

I do agree though, despite the dreadful performance today, I think the Seattle defense is markedly better than last season.

Our hopes and dreams of a run oriented offense winning the Super Bowl now rests with SF.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Our hopes and dreams of a run oriented offense winning the Super Bowl now rests with SF.

From the looks of it, the Ravens would also be acceptable.

Blessed be The Run.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mustached Demon posted:

From the looks of it, the Ravens would also be acceptable.

I would really like to see a Ravens-Niners Super Bowl. I think Niners win it, because if we get there, we unfucked ourselves.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
NGL a rematch leading to redemption would be something i would dream of.

That being said Ravens are very very very SCARY. Like when they aren't inconsistent and everything clicks.. I feel sorry for the other team facing them.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shindragon posted:

NGL a rematch leading to redemption would be something i would dream of.

That being said Ravens are very very very SCARY. Like when they aren't inconsistent and everything clicks.. I feel sorry for the other team facing them.

I know that's why a niners-ravens super bowl would own. Niners have the same potential if they're the same team that dumpstered the cowboys then lit it on fire.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

You know a team is good at the run when multiple rbs are having success in the same game.

Ravens Niners would own

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Cardinals are dogshit. Really wish they kept dobbs just to spite the vikings

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

if Achane gets healthy the Dolphins are also a monster running game (because of ex-49 staff and RBs, plus Achane)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

if Achane gets healthy the Dolphins are also a monster running game (because of ex-49 staff and RBs, plus Achane)

They also have Mostert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Too bad the dolphins doesn't use him very much. Looking at his stats he doesn't ever go past like 15 attempts very much.

RUN THE drat BALL DOLPHINS

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 6, 2023