Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Twerk from Home posted:

Thanks for the free game, friend. I didn't even have to purchase 6 previous games!

Though you did still give Lowtax your credit card number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

You sign up for the newsletter to get a free game then check back in daily, it's really not a hard concept

Oh its definitely not a hard concept its just too much effort for not enough reward

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

OgNar posted:

Though you did still give Lowtax your credit card number.
Not like he's going to be doing anything with it these days.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion is up on EGS

F.I.S.T was meant to be this week too but seems to have been cancelled

Golden Light is next

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Fist would have been a repeat anyway for those that pick them up.
It was given out a few months back.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Wasn't Golden Light literally given away two weeks ago? With Evil Within 1 or 2?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Didn't pay much attention to Turnip Boy when it came out but it has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam. Thought it might have been a throwaway joke game but guess I'll check it out.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Didn't pay much attention to Turnip Boy when it came out but it has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam. Thought it might have been a throwaway joke game but guess I'll check it out.

It gets ball bursting hard in the second half, which is sorta of a shame. The second half also switches from dark humor to just dark so dropping it there is a reasonable act.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

SlowBloke posted:

It gets ball bursting hard in the second half, which is sorta of a shame. The second half also switches from dark humor to just dark so dropping it there is a reasonable act.

What? When? I played it as a rental from the public library (free games!) on switch and don't remember any of that. It's only about a 2-3 hour game. I don't think it's anything extraordinary but it is a bit funny at times.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Suburban Dad posted:

What? When? I played it as a rental from the public library (free games!) on switch and don't remember any of that. It's only about a 2-3 hour game. I don't think it's anything extraordinary but it is a bit funny at times.

Yeah, this is my impression as well. Didn't find the combat in the DLC train sections that hard either.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Yeah, this is my impression as well. Didn't find the combat in the DLC train sections that hard either.

the zombie woman boss was both hard and it killed the funny vibe

I still continued afterwards but it sorta spoiled the fun both on story and on difficulty, i completed the game out of spite rather than pure fun.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 2, 2023

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Nomad Survival free* Steam key from Fanatical

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/nomad-survival

*but you have to give them your e-mail address!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A vampire survivors-like?

Fine, I’ll hand over my email

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Already had that one from a humble bundle a while back, so here’s a free key

ZD7JC-ZTZZ6-DCMXX

Replace the two x at the end with “35”

5 Second Poser
Sep 10, 2007

Don't You Wish You Were Me?

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Already had that one from a humble bundle a while back, so here’s a free key

ZD7JC-ZTZZ6-DCMXX

Replace the two x at the end with “35”

Thanks!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Golden Light on EGS, EARTHLOCK and Surviving the Aftermath next

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Valve put the original Half-Life free to own on Steam for a moment, but then took down the offer, so expect that to come back up again sometime soon.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/70/HalfLife/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Valve put the original Half-Life free to own on Steam for a moment, but then took down the offer, so expect that to come back up again sometime soon.

Surely its in celebration of the forthcoming Half Life 3 announcement.

:shepface:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they have something cooking, a new private "test" branch of HL1 appeared in the steam database recently and it's been getting updated constantly

probably nothing to do with HL3 though

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Probably another one of those RTX patches/mods for HL1 if I had to guess like they did with Portal.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2012840/Portal_with_RTX/

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I have to admit, if they added RTX to Half Life: Source I'd actually install it and play it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Probably another one of those RTX patches/mods for HL1 if I had to guess like they did with Portal.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2012840/Portal_with_RTX/

the portal one was released as a separate game on steam, not an update to the original game as this branch implies they're working on

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's most likely because of the 25th anniversary

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Isnt half life source comically broken now?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i suppose they did update the first portal to integrate the ARG leading into portal 2s announcement

could they be doing something like that again :thunk:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

And also

https://www.pcgamer.com/ray-traced-half-life-mod-is-finally-here-and-looks-incredible/

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Tunicate posted:

Half-Life Source was always comically broken. It was just a tech demo showing how easy it is to port over assets from GoldSrc to Source.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

John Murdoch posted:

Half-Life Source was always comically broken. It was just a tech demo showing how easy it is to port over assets from GoldSrc to Source.

was it? that's how i played HL the first time and don't remember any major issues.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's still like, 95% functional if you're just playing through and don't know any better but it's riddled with all sorts of issues caused by the conversion process missing or breaking all myriad of bespoke little things. It's not really a definitive version of the game by any stretch is the thing.

Edit: Also not to be confused with Valve upgrading Half-Life 2 to a newer version of Source and breaking all sorts of poo poo in that.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 17, 2023

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Like all the floors are polished to a mirror sheen since they changed source engine and didn't update it

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
The Half-Life thing is there to distract you from the fact that Earthlock (indie nostalgic JRPG) and Surviving the Aftermath (postapocalyptic city builder) are free on EGS.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it's doing a magnificent job

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tunicate posted:

I know there's a Half-Life LP that uses the fan made version instead of Valve's because they think it's the better version.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Is Earthlock not in Aus? :(

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kaewan posted:

Is Earthlock not in Aus? :(

If you want a post-apoc game in Australia, just go outside. Don't even need to give them your email

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Half-Life is up, free to own until the 20th, has a 25th anniversary update

https://half-life.com/en/halflife25/

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

quote:

Software rendering on Linux! Crisp colors, animated water, and unfiltered textures!

I can't believe it. They spent the effort to do something that must make fewer than 10 people globally happy, including me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Tunicate posted:

There's actually a note at the very bottom of the changelog saying they don't want you to play hl source anymore lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Half-Life is up, free to own until the 20th, has a 25th anniversary update

https://half-life.com/en/halflife25/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Twerk from Home posted:

I can't believe it. They spent the effort to do something that must make fewer than 10 people globally happy, including me.

it's a bit more relevant given the steam deck these days