Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like most Democrats benefit from this, where other media/advertising plants this vague image in peoples' minds that doesn't reflect reality at all.

Like when they think about Biden, the vague image of Biden looking like "an honorable man, grim-faced at the duties he must fulfill" appears in their mind. With Kamala, it's the vague image of "Kamala briskly walking the halls and having Professional Phone Calls, leveraging her bright mind and years of experience to solve America's problems."

Basically they view them like television characters, a perception that is cultivated by the rest of the media. Even if they come across an actual clip of them that shows how dumb/dysfunctional they are, it'll quickly be forgotten as they're inundated with more propaganda and they just conclude "that thing I saw before must have just been a fluke or disinformation."

I'm reminded of how during the 2020 primaries, polling showed that a not insignificant chunk of primary voters believed that Biden supported M4A even though the slightest amount of scrutiny would show otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rizz Warren

is that anything

I doubt it.
Liz got put on the Liberal ignore list as soon as Centrist Voltron took Bernie out of the race and they had no more use for her.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

the_steve posted:

I doubt it.
Liz got put on the Liberal ignore list as soon as Centrist Voltron took Bernie out of the race and they had no more use for her.

meanwhile Bernie was investigating whether she could be VP and Secretary of Finance at the same time back when he thought they had a chance of allying together

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1720166262242742452

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Srice posted:

I'm reminded of how during the 2020 primaries, polling showed that a not insignificant chunk of primary voters believed that Biden supported M4A even though the slightest amount of scrutiny would show otherwise.

if you ever brought up biden's opposition to M4A online you'd get someone going "he never said he'd veto it" when anyone with a brain cell knows "I'll have to take a look at how much it costs if the bill hits my desk" means "i'm veto'ing that poo poo"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

hold them accountable how?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

by crying on twitter

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

love to hold politicians accountable while still giving them the only thing they want from me every time with no preconditions

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

by voting. for them.

Ytlaya posted:

wtf is that guy doing so close in front of you? Raises my hackles just seeing such impudence

It is a clear sign of aggression and I will not tolerate it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

love to keep fascism at bay by voting for politicians who fund genocides

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

POST YOUR MAP

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh, and also by continuing to elect politicians who do not factor public approval of policies into their decision-making at all, that's my favorite way to defend democracy against fascism

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

when i got drunk and crashed the forklift into the big warehouse shelf and knocked all the shelfs in the warehouse down like dominoes my boss held me accountable by letting me keep my job and telling everyone that im doing the best i can in an impossible situation

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

by voting. for them.

you must liberate the lebensraum necessary for your studies

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

when i got drunk and crashed the forklift into the big warehouse shelf and knocked all the shelfs in the warehouse down like dominoes my boss held me accountable by letting me keep my job and telling everyone that im doing the best i can in an impossible situation

I am sorry you had to experience that trauma. You should consider taking some self-care days.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Willa Rogers posted:

Part of the sea change in dnd was due to EPG telling mods to tamp down any anti-obama sentiment during those years, as disclosed to me later by goons who were dnd mods at the time.

Paradol Ex Was Right

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Excelzior posted:

you must liberate the lebensraum necessary for your studies

The aggressors have been advised that once they vacate their seats, they can continue to attend the school in the ancient Burger King inside the Concord Mall next door.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

LyonsLions posted:

Lol I remember some guy trying to convince me that if Bernie became president, the survival of the Jewish people was at stake. I guess because he didn’t suck up to Israel enough? It didn’t matter in the end since he’s now supporting Genocide Joe.

Who knew he'd prove them right by supporting the zionist death cult and contributing to the worldwide rise of anti-semitism led by Israel

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Whatever happened to epg

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rizz Warren

is that anything

is Rizz short for Risperdal?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Nichael posted:

by voting. for them.

Nichael has the right to defend himself

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

loquacius posted:

oh, and also by continuing to elect politicians who do not factor public approval of policies into their decision-making at all, that's my favorite way to defend democracy against fascism

“We must vote to support the genocide over there, so that we don’t have to do (another) genocide here!”

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mags posted:

Liz warren is a republican academic who saw her chance at more power and wealth was acting like a “progressive”

stir up trouble
Mar 14, 2022

israel must destroy hamas but also pls reconsider your genocide. thoughts and prayers

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1720183291830010109

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

20 thousand climate refugees went into the concentration c- CONSOLIDATION CENTERS, and 20 thousand came out in boxes due to disease and neglect. the numbers add up, everything appears in order, thank u 4 ur accountability sir

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we did an accountability check on the order forms for heat seeking bazookas to hunt people at the border with that were placed under trump and unfortunately they crossed all the t's and dotted the i's so we hae no choice but to fulfill them. it may not be pretty but this is what responsible governance looks like

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What was the book that talked about biden wanting to lobotomize drug addicts

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
democrats are weak craven fuckholes that are going to lose for their moral equivocation

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rizz Warren

is that anything

its what liz called herself when 23andMe said 0.1% east asian

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

selec posted:

there were two big goon exoduses that I’ve seen; libertarian and conservatives slinking off in shame after Iraq went bad, and their old posts kept getting hung around their necks (a valid use of goons.xls) and then something pretty similar after Obama got in.

basically people who had staunch, immobile political beliefs that were no longer fun to hold in the new environment, and yet rather than just doing the hard work of saying they were wrong and reevaluating, fled for less upsetting pastures. people who don’t know the value of ten American dollars.

glad to see the tenbux has not been affected by inflation. sa forums membership truly is the Costco hot dog of the internet

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

the_steve posted:

I doubt it.

warren's leftism was a blatant ploy to destroy bernie sanders. she very clearly did not believe a word of it, and said as much to her donors. this still made her too far left for the oligarchs' comfort. this will haunt warren for the rest of her career.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

why would you want to hold fascism at bay. why wouldn't you want to just crush it. stupid loving sentient burger libs.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Uncle Wemus posted:

What was the book that talked about biden wanting to lobotomize drug addicts
How he raised his kids is none of my business

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lmao

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Willa Rogers posted:

Part of the sea change in dnd was due to EPG telling mods to tamp down any anti-obama sentiment during those years, as disclosed to me later by goons who were dnd mods at the time.

Hey, even I was suckered into smoking the hopium, and I even got some of my richie clients at the time to donate to him.

That trip ended when I watched him do a healthcare townhall in early 2008 in which it was clear he wanted to entrench the already hosed-up system.

your relentless exposing of obama's fraud status on healthcare is one of the things that opened my eyes politically thank you for your service

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

dear god lmao

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Did they delist that video where a woman who taught with Elizabeth Warren talks about her career trajectory and how she’s always been a snake? I can’t find it anywhere.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:eyepop:

e:

Frosted Flake posted:

Did they delist that video where a woman who taught with Elizabeth Warren talks about her career trajectory and how she’s always been a snake? I can’t find it anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Nq3RG8b84

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

warren's leftism was a blatant ploy to destroy bernie sanders. she very clearly did not believe a word of it, and said as much to her donors. this still made her too far left for the oligarchs' comfort. this will haunt warren for the rest of her career.

it’s pretty funny lol