Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They did bring back a dedicated Raider Queue which you'll be waiting 15-20mins but you won't have to play survivor at least if you don't wanna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They did bring back a dedicated Raider Queue which you'll be waiting 15-20mins but you won't have to play survivor at least if you don't wanna.

Oh that's neat, I should reinstall it once it goes free for the monthly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1719791457039511970?s=20

Blah blah BHVR sucks give us skins blah blah blah

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1720078500449980705?t=iK58IivCfpaxdceFPOYBUQ&s=19

Made For This not just nerfed but nuked from orbit :dance:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
E: ^^^^^ :argh:

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I don't have much experience with trickster but those buffs seems huge. I wonder how the PTB will go.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sokani posted:

I don't have much experience with trickster but those buffs seems huge. I wonder how the PTB will go.

Yeah I'm thinking moving him to 115% is a huge mistake

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Might actually give Trickster a shot now, I have him P1'd because his perks are dope

I want to be like RIP bozo about MFT but unless I'm missing a connection between endurance and deep wounds, it uhh seems like a bit of a non sequitor

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Trickster has been given the assault rifle from Halo

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think they're accidentally taking three proposed buffs for Trickster and slamming them all live at once. Dude might be legit broken. He gets a guaranteed main event(6 blades) for every injury state he tries to inflict with knives(10)? Oh well, he's been in the niche killer death space for awhile, nice that he isn't forgotten like Twins or Myers.

Get hosed MFT. :)

Danaru posted:

I want to be like RIP bozo about MFT but unless I'm missing a connection between endurance and deep wounds, it uhh seems like a bit of a non sequitor

Deep Wounds is deeply undesirable, MFT is pretty doa in this form. Having a 3% speed boost while you can't do anything but scamper off to mend the wounds and still be injured is a real bad perk investment.

Deep Wounds is good in situations where the alternative is being downed.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 2, 2023

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Danaru posted:

If endurance keeps you from dying you go into deep wounds instead.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Yessss get entirely hosed MFT, good goddamn riddance. Trickster at 115% is probably too fast, but we'll see. It's about time they realized that Red Forest maps were too dang big, especially MD.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sokani posted:

If endurance keeps you from dying you go into deep wounds instead.

Okay that's the connection I was missing, I don't really deal with deep wounds on any of my killers :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"Hello we heard you hate MFT so we're nerfing it for everyone except Legion who can get hosed"

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

"Hello we heard you hate MFT so we're nerfing it for everyone except Legion who can get hosed"

Acceptable amount of collateral damage, imo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think Legion is popular enough that you'll still see people running it on the off chance they face them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I will say this, the MFT change actually makes the Dead Hard/MFT combo better. Before you wanted to wait until the last minute to DH so you could get MFT value, now when you DH MFT will kick in.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
It sounds like MFT also activates when you're under exhaustion, which would give it some nice synergy with other perks.

Now get rid of Boil Over's falling bonus and just ramp up the wiggling effect to compensate

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

MFT change isn't a Legion nerf, Legion puts you in deep wounds and then immediately leaves to go hit the other 3 people on their radar. I guess it'll be 3% harder to get the sacred fifth hit.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Doomykins posted:

MFT change isn't a Legion nerf, Legion puts you in deep wounds and then immediately leaves to go hit the other 3 people on their radar. I guess it'll be 3% harder to get the sacred fifth hit.

It also makes it harder to do the "hit someone in Feral Frenzy, leave Feral Frenzy because you can't realistically chase another person down, get a second hit" thing. You know, if you're facing someone who's using Made For This, which they'd only use if they plan on taking advantage of the endurance while healing, because who's going to run this just to make it easier to safely recover from Deep Wounds and draw out the post-endurance hit portion of a chase?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

True. Ah well, gently caress Legion.

I love Legion and my rat Susie skin.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1720137064295842192?t=k9i8V2tF9VJg59R6FZqvmA&s=19

:pray:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I love me some Stranger Things but I never enjoyed Hawkins, on either side.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I really liked it, granted in large part because it was inside and wasn’t a mild chore to look at.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

hawkins is a really good killer tutorial for dealing with unsafe pallet loops. Also the longfall had great meme potential

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hawkins was close to Lery's when it came to scratched mirror Mike, oh the jumpscares I delivered :allears:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I wonder if they are going to re-release demogorgon or if they feel like they don't really need to step on that particular rake twice.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

I wonder if they are going to re-release demogorgon or if they feel like they don't really need to step on that particular rake twice.

I'm sure if they've renegotiated ST back it will be a permanent license

Orv
May 4, 2011

Medullah posted:

I'm sure if they've renegotiated ST back it will be a permanent license

That’s a lot of faith in the perpetual stupidity of Netflix

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I loved Hawkins because it felt so unique and led to some really tense games on both sides, but I’m also just desperate for “new” maps. The maps are by far the stalest part of this game for me.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

I love me some Stranger Things but I never enjoyed Hawkins, on either side.

Meanwhile I've never seen an episode of Stranger Things, and I loved Hawkins. On both sides.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I loved Hawkins because it felt so unique and led to some really tense games on both sides, but I’m also just desperate for “new” maps. The maps are by far the stalest part of this game for me.

It would be nice not to run the same stuff over and over

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Oh I hope this is legit, I miss Hawkins so much. I also hope Demo/Steve/Nancy come back so I can laugh real hard at the scalpers trying to sell codes for hundreds of dollars.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I think it's more likely that they're prepping a visuals pass that de-licenses it, given the last word we got from bhvr at the anniversary event stream is that Netflix is completely ignoring BHVR's attempts at communication.
Assuming this isn't just someone in the office getting a wild hair up their rear end and wanting to play on Hawkins on the sly.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

I think it's more likely that they're prepping a visuals pass that de-licenses it, given the last word we got from bhvr at the anniversary event stream is that Netflix is completely ignoring BHVR's attempts at communication.

I'll take it. Just give me the map back, it was fun to play on.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s part of a new deal with Hasbro. The Demogorgon will be rebranded as the actual D&D Demogorgon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

It’s part of a new deal with Hasbro. The Demogorgon will be rebranded as the actual D&D Demogorgon.

As a hardcore d&d nerd in the 80s, it bothered me way more than it should have that the Demogorgon looked wrong

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

New Trickster is ABSOLUTELY going to get nerfed to poo poo

quote:

Main Event now requires 6 Blades to charge (was 30).
Main Event’s duration has been reduced to 5 seconds (was 10).

(...)

Ji-Woon’s Autograph: New Effect - Decreases the number of Blades required to charge Main Event by 1.
Fizz-Spin Soda: New Effect - Decreases the number of Blades required to reach Main Event by 2.

Stack add-ons to reach 3 blades per Main Event? Yeah that uh. That's some nerfs waiting to happen. They way overshot on the Main Event changes IMO.

Deleting recoil/knife wind-up speed and making him 115% was an inspired choice, though. Kicking myself even more that I didn't bother to get that many anniv cakes on him because "well he's super cute but when am I ever going to play him?"

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

New Trickster is ABSOLUTELY going to get nerfed to poo poo

Stack add-ons to reach 3 blades per Main Event? Yeah that uh. That's some nerfs waiting to happen. They way overshot on the Main Event changes IMO.

Deleting recoil/knife wind-up speed and making him 115% was an inspired choice, though. Kicking myself even more that I didn't bother to get that many anniv cakes on him because "well he's super cute but when am I ever going to play him?"

Yeah, 100% feels like it'll be overbuffed, but easy to tweak. They could probably just delete main event and leave everything else and he'd still be solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

MikeNCR posted:

Yeah, 100% feels like it'll be overbuffed, but easy to tweak. They could probably just delete main event and leave everything else and he'd still be solid.

I'm sure they're going to give Main Event something, because it's may as well not be a mechanic at this point. But there's no way they give him this much in the final pass.