Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Pimpcasso posted:

They kneel that poo poo out if they have Tannehill

Yeah, that ends back on our own 30 yard line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
BILLY JEANS

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Glad they went aggressive on that last drive, that’s been missing with this team over the last couple seasons. Have always liked how vrabel pushes for points at end of the half

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
https://x.com/paulkuharskynfl/status/1720256640073535863?s=46

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sigh gotta beat the steelers and refs unfortunate

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Can't believe big mayo murdered burks to end your last possesion.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Handing it off three times then a streak to Burks

Tim Kelly wtf u doin

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Will Levis: a bust? many people are saying it

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Brutal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
tannehill would have lost that game by 3 TDs

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

"Levis bust," cackle a bunch of Jags fans trying to hide that TLaw threw three interceptions his first start.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Levis played great all game with a wet paper sack for an OL, just needed too much of him in that last series with no TOs. Ya hate to see it, but he’s got something.

e: also some truly horrendous play calling that second to last drive. Could have won the game there without Kelly calling em from his rear end.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I still think Levis is good. That int was not great, but with 4 seconds left and needing a TD to stay in the game, ya gotta get wild.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Guy's definitely a rookie but still played a solid game for his second start. Hopefully with experience he'll make less mistakes, and hopefully we can get him a functioning OL and more WRs than Nuk to throw to.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Will Levis bust

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

:haibrow:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If he’s the guy he gets that win, imo

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

So many people are saying it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If anything the defense lost the game for us due to making the loving Steelers offense look passable.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Marvin Harrison Jr titan soon

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

off to casually google 2024 offensive linemen prospects, no reason, no reason

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

For real though, Levis has a lot of zip in his arm, but I don't think he fit a single throw into a tight window all game, his best passes were all to guys breaking wide open

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pretty embarrassing to not muster a single sack in this game, titans defense has fallen off so hard this year. Levis was really impressive aside from, you know, the game ending pick lol. I’m gonna lose my mind if we go back to Tannehill.

Hope burks is ok

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

JT Jag posted:

For real though, Levis has a lot of zip in his arm, but I don't think he fit a single throw into a tight window all game, his best passes were all to guys breaking wide open

Nah he had a loving gorgeous throw in the first half that was on a line down the middle of the field.

He looks good, like maybe a Cutler type or better. Just for the love of god get any o-line at all for that poor kid. Jesus

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Has there been any update on burks?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Metapod posted:

Has there been any update on burks?
he's responsive and talking from what I last heard

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This article claims he was walking around and got on the team bus and cites ESPN as its source for that.

NBC Sports saying that too and I guess that's more trustworthy

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Well vrabel poo poo all over Levis in his presser today so I think that might be all we see of him barring another injury. Hope I’m wrong

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Vrabel's gotta know if he actually benches Levis then everyone's going to start calling for his head.

Like, did Vrabel watch Tannehill play at all this season

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I have a ton of respect for both vrabel and tannehill but yeah. It’s time, realistically barring a meltdown like ours last season the jags are too far ahead to catch for the division. Does tannehill give us a better chance at the playoffs? I mean, I kind of doubt it. Maybe we win that game last night with last years tannehill but this years model has been an interception machine.

Barring an injury to Levis the only possible justification for going back to tannehill is that you think he gives you the best shot at a playoff push but there’s zero evidence that the rest of the team is good enough and tannehill isn’t good enough either

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It sucks for tannehill because he’s a great leader and has been so fun to watch for the majority of his time here but time is undefeated

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Yeah, I poo poo talk Tanny a lot recently but he was a big reason for our recent success, and he did ball out those 2.5 seasons, except for the playoffs anyway. Losing AJ Brown was obviously a major blow, but even now Tannehill can't run the offense like he used to.

He's backup-caliber now, hopefully he gets a decent gig after this season. Seems like a solid guy who put his heart into this team.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Don't see how you look at how Tannehill has been playing this season, know that even if he comes back from injury he probably wouldn't be entirely healthy, then look at Levis and then hedge bets on Tanny. My only thinking is they think they can still tank for a QB in the draft, but there's enough wins already for the Titans that we're probably missing on the major sweepstakes and that just pushes back premium o-line renovations even further. Like, that offensive line was dogshit, and Levis didn't take nearly as many sacks as Tanny would have, actually managed the ball pretty well. No idea what this team is thinking. Is this to protect Kelly? Because Vrabel really shouldn't.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Was Levis's only turnover that game-sealing Int? Because if it was, that is a minor miracle. Every time I bothered to look at the game, Levis was either dodging a defender in the pocket, running for his life, or getting hit.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Well vrabel poo poo all over Levis in his presser today so I think that might be all we see of him barring another injury. Hope I’m wrong

I didnt hear him poo poo all over him. He said “I’m not gonna glorify a loss, but there were some good throws” which is all true. I heard the question about if he was ready to name him the starter and he said no, it depends on Tannehill’s health and the state of the OL. Like it or not, Vrabel comes from the Bellichick tree, he is not going to tell you what they intend to do or why they intend to do it.

Vrabel has never come out and been like THIS DUDE SUX, gently caress EM. Titans are very much about not conducting business into a microphone, they didnt even torch Todd Downing after his DUI last year, they just didn’t rehire him. They like Tanny. They also know it’s his last year on the team. So why trash him when he’s gonna be looking for a job next year?

They’re aware Tannehill is wildly inconsistent this year. They’re aware they drafted Will Levis, Vrabel was in the room when they moved up to get him. He owns that decision as much as Carthon.

If Levis isn’t the starter, it’s not because they think he sucks, it’s because they think he’s better developed away from this lovely supporting cast. Vrabel and Ran both tied themselves to Levis with that pick, I’m confused why people think any different.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Was Levis's only turnover that game-sealing Int? Because if it was, that is a minor miracle. Every time I bothered to look at the game, Levis was either dodging a defender in the pocket, running for his life, or getting hit.

Yep. Obviously you can’t overlook the interception at the end but he showed a lot of poise and was not mentally rattled by the pressure. It was pretty impressive IMO

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
He is right though, Levis Bust.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think Will Bust is probably better because it will imply that he is going to bust

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Levis should have thrown three picks that game. Hopkins saved one where he was over the defender but Levis threw it short. A second over the middle near the endzone where the defender just dropped it. Then the last one.

The one he actually threw was the least egregious— everyone knew he was throwing to the endzone, it’s hard to make that happen when five defenders are there

He’s a rookie, poo poo happens. Moving the ball down the field despite being pressured on literally half his dropbacks, keeping the team competitive in his second start while in Pittsburgh, and making it happen while working against some bizarre playcalls is all more impressive than the picks or the score.

He should be the dude next year, Tyjae is effective, D-Hop is still there next year, and you have Aaron Brewer and Skoronski. You spend your offseason resources on shoring up the secondary and getting that OL to league average or better and we’re cookin’, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
sorry colts fans this is the Levis Stroud division (best jeans pun I could do to include CJ)