Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Staying up super late for the 3pm speech like a kid on Christmas Eve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

extremely bad news - we’ve just received word that the entire staff of Gulpp, the hot new Web 3.0 custom smoothie delivery service, was cooked alive inside their merkava by a single Palestinian teen with a molotov

You are too good at these.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah we deserve them and honestly I think we should take in them and ~6 million of their friends and neighbors and let the Palestinians have their land back

Agreed. Maybe we could set up a reservation for them.

(very heavy sarcasm here)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Wait, this is something somebody made in earnest, not a "haha funny meme" thing? :psyduck:

Nothing about this reads like an intentional joke to me

A joke, for sure

But not intentionally

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Wait, this is something somebody made in earnest, not a "haha funny meme" thing? :psyduck:

Until I got to #Hamasisisis I thought it was a pro-gaza poster

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
four more IDF got merked

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1720295146455974124?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sherbert Hoover posted:

How does this differ from other armies at the time? I was under the impression that a lot of tank doctrine was essentially maneuver warfare where they'd be massed and used to break through and surround or cut off slower units.

very broadly speaking, there are two ways to use a tank:

1. use them as part of the assault/breakthrough phase, because they carry a big gun that can blow up hard targets (that can't be hit by artillery for whatever reason) and they are generally immune to small-arms fire

2. use them as part of the exploitation phase, because they can drive across rough/broken terrain, and because they move much faster than foot infantry. This is the part you're referring to where tanks are massed, and just drive on through a battlefield that's already been cleared out, and their purpose is to smash up whatever's in the rear areas and to cut off retreating units that move slower than a tank

if you are using them in Number One, they need accompanying infantry, because tanks have bad visibility, especially when the commander is buttoned up in the turret, which he will be if he doesn't want his face shot off.

Bad visibility means infantry will be able to move around and towards the tanks without being shot at (because they can't be seen), and/or that anti-tank weapons can be brought to bear on the tanks without being spotted (i.e. an AT gun hidden in some bushes, a Javelin team hiding in some bushes).

eventually the Soviets did get better at this, and it's actually a rather difficult thing to get good at: even setting aside the motivation/morale problem of "how do you get the infantry to move in concert with tanks when the infantry feels like the tankers are safe and secure and they are not", you still have to deal with things like coordinating the speed of advance, and how do you get the infantry to communicate clearly and effective with the tankers.

but to get good at it, is necessary

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 05:34 on Nov 3, 2023

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

All of their war crimes should be punished.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Too dumb to understand that Israel would rather every one of those hostages die than make a single concession to Palestine and "bring them home"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Sherbert Hoover posted:

How does this differ from other armies at the time? I was under the impression that a lot of tank doctrine was essentially maneuver warfare where they'd be massed and used to break through and surround or cut off slower units.

It's a lot of words to say other militaries had more radios.

The fact they try to pin these sort of mistakes on the purges and not the fact the Red Army had more than quadrupled in size within the previous 3 years tells you all you need to know.

WhiskeyWhiskers has issued a correction as of 05:38 on Nov 3, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Horizon Burning posted:

idg this probe?

i felt like it b*tch. get it now????

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

tatankatonk posted:

It's loving crazy that Israelis didn't look at South Africa, where whites secured their future by trading political power for maintaining their economic power and getting legal immunity through a managed transition, and think 'yeah that's preferable to apocalyptic race war'

turns out theyre literally worse than the fuckin’ boers, who knew lol

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
death 2 israel

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Burger Front Update
https://twitter.com/Pal_ActionUS/status/1720288094832775391

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Still lmao at Internet of Things tanks, just the most blatant grifts

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Homeless Friend posted:

i felt like it b*tch. get it now????

Can I get a six hour probe that just says “Hamas Spicy Keychain Victim”

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

External Organs posted:

George: I jumped into a hole in my front yard and emerged 5 minutes later, like a newborn baby, from another hole right next to Yankee stadium. Right next to Steinbrenner's parking spot!
Jerry: It's unbelievable!
George: Death to Israel, Jerry! Death to America! I'm a Hamas man now!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
dti dta

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol there must be some anarchist crew around 17th and coroccan, there’s always anarchist As spray painted near that Safeway across the street in the pic

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

External Organs posted:

George: I jumped into a hole in my front yard and emerged 5 minutes later, like a newborn baby, from another hole right next to Yankee stadium. Right next to Steinbrenner's parking spot!
Jerry: It's unbelievable!
George: Death to Israel, Jerry! Death to America! I'm a Hamas man now!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/RZabaneh/status/1720170885758308355

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/NBCNews/status/1720301125675401350?s=20

https://x.com/ABC/status/1720235865404838241?s=20

https://x.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1720230060248969283?s=20

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
dti

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
what speech

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
buddykins i dont know much about your posting in general but i think your posting itt would be better if for instance you didnt spam catch phrases trump thread style. thanks for your consideration

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

buddykins i dont know much about your posting in general but i think your posting itt would be better if for instance you didnt spam catch phrases trump thread style. thanks for your consideration

they have a condition they mean well give em a break

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
dti! and dta!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ohtori Akio posted:

destroy them

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Whitest protest I’ve ever seen in Montreal.

The most anglophone too.

:thunk:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

how does the money make its way to palestinians?

that's the thing I'm suspicious about, this is through a government channel, I dont trust the arab gulf zionist regimes at all to do what needs to be done with the money.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

VROOM VROOM posted:

Staying up super late for the 3pm speech like a kid on Christmas Eve

dont. he's not gonna say or do anything interesting, also we're still seven hours away. go to bed.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
dti

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

needs more JDAMs

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ohtori Akio posted:

my posts are terrible you are correct.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
d2i d2a

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

RadiRoot posted:

dti! and dta!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
sorry if this is a repost, but lmao

https://x.com/IranObserver0/status/1719466005401911666?s=20