Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Konomex posted:

Because gently caress you povo.

In all seriousness, this is why.

ahh you see we need to send a price signal to stop people going to the GP who don't need to.

Don't ask us how we know people are going to the GP who don't need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Mr Chips posted:

ahh you see we need to send a price signal to stop people going to the GP who don't need to.

Don't ask us how we know people are going to the GP who don't need to.

You don't think GPs should be incentivised to see children, concession card holders, or pensioners?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'll admit its annoying when our system for handing out concession cards is super combative and designed to make people give up. No real objection to the other two but ultimately I would like bulk billing to be available to all patients

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Recoome posted:

You don't think GPs should be incentivised to see children, concession card holders, or pensioners?
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. e: i hoped the second line make the sarcasm obvious

I think everyone who needs to go to the GP should be able to go to one, and not have to pay out of pocket expenses.

Mr Chips fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 1, 2023

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

The reviews* are in!

*a single comment

It does show that the latest version is a significant improvement though. Apologies for failing to make the earlier ones clear enough.

Reminder that (unless someone finds a single thing to dispute, or shows where it's been reported before) we have a world-exclusive answer to one of the biggest mysteries of modern times, and critical information about the nature of the fascists' shockingly powerful brainwashing machine that's cooked so many people, and the top journalists are not just ignoring it, but activley obfuscating it.

And here's even a shout-out to the homies:

Also free healthcare for errybody.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Nov 1, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bucky Fullminster posted:

"but they drew a line at... and some kinds of Anime"

hmmm, I wonder which kind of anime is being referred to here. Total mystery, no way for anyone to know!

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Bucky Fullminster posted:

The reviews* are in!

*a single comment

It does show that the latest version is a significant improvement though. Apologies for failing to make the earlier ones clear enough.

Reminder that (unless someone finds a single thing to dispute, or shows where it's been reported before) we have a world-exclusive answer to one of the biggest mysteries of modern times, and critical information about the nature of the fascists' shockingly powerful brainwashing machine that's cooked so many people, and the top journalists are not just ignoring it, but activley obfuscating it.

And here's even a shout-out to the homies:

Also free healthcare for errybody.

My feedback: remove 98% of the images

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Mr Chips posted:

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

I think everyone who needs to go to the GP should be able to go to one, and not have to pay out of pocket expenses.

Maybe I was reading into your price signal comment.

I agree that it'd be great if there was no gap, but again this was the government who cut the extra psych sessions so

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...nference-london

Howard crawling out of whatever loving hole he was in and saying some poo poo that is makign the dogs go nuts

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
So why the gently caress isn't that oval office adopting the values and practices of the Gamaragal people?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

So why the gently caress isn't that oval office adopting the values and practices of the Gamaragal people?

because he's a loving oval office, OP

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

To be fair, I’d rather not have my front tooth knocked out either

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/AngryGoddessx2/status/1720023929476219113

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Good for him? Like in the scheme of everything this is so low on the list and if anything I approve of it being a rejection of toxic masculnity. We have easier things to point out like how he is an abusive racist cop.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dumb

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Lid posted:

Good for him? Like in the scheme of everything this is so low on the list and if anything I approve of it being a rejection of toxic masculnity. We have easier things to point out like how he is an abusive racist cop.
Entirely agree but this is the image that will hurt him with the toxic dickheads who vote for him. And more importantly back him in the party room. Probs wont make a difference, but you aren't the audience.

May I take this opportunity to say in the strongest terms possible that John Winston Howard is a disgusting toe rag who should be fired into the sun through a woodchipper.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Agree - That pic of Dutto should be ok but hopefully it hurts him with his base. He was the big strong man who stopped “woke agendas” in the defence forces by stopping their diversity morning teas.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lol if you think upper class white collar pieces of poo poo don't get manipedis on the reg.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cartoon posted:

May I take this opportunity to say in the strongest terms possible that John Winston Howard is a disgusting toe rag who should be fired into the sun through a woodchipper.

Yes you can.

But it cannot be said enough.

John Winston Howard is a horrible oval office.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Cartoon posted:

What did the woodchipper do to deserve having John Howard in its workings?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
the revolutionary no vote is still a leap of rationality im unable to comprehend

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Rock Puncher posted:

the revolutionary no vote is still a leap of rationality im unable to comprehend

Accelerationists.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Rock Puncher posted:

The person who came the closest to making sense was Jimblah. His position seems to be “you killed us, gently caress you and all the horses you rode in on”. Even then, I fail to see how voting no would lead to better outcomes. It’s deluded, but at least understandable from an emotional standpoint. check the videos on his Instagram if you like.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

"psst Dutton gone woke pass it on..."

Genuinely feel for the woman touching that scaly "human skin" though

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i saw someone on reddit ask why racists seem to have gotten louder and more emboldened lately

gee i wonder what could have caused that

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Follow up on this: when the press were interviewing these dickheads after that hearing and at one point they said "Heil Hitler!" and Hersant started to raise his arm to do the Nazi salute but went "Oh wait, that's illegal now isn't it? :smug:" and stopped halfway. Looks like the cops are going to charge him for it anyway: https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/white-supremacist-facing-charges-after-allegedly-performing-nazi-salute-20231102-p5egx3.html

Suck poo poo, nazi!

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

the guardian posted:

More than a million new cars bought in Australia in 2023

New car sales are speeding up despite challenging economic conditions, with figures revealing Australians are buying more and bigger vehicles, AAP reports:

Motorists keep driving the economy forward, with new figures revealing Australians have purchased more than one million vehicles in 2023 – a rise of more than 20 per cent.

And the popularity of large vehicles is behind the increase, with figures revealing utes and large SUVs made up more than one in three vehicles sold during October.

Data released by the Federal Chamber for Automotive Industries (FCAI) on Friday also showed the popularity of electric vehicles had taken a dip, down to 5.7 per cent during the month from a high of 8 per cent in April.

Electric cars also failed to secure a spot among the nation’s top 10 most popular vehicles.

FCAI chief executive Tony Weber said the one million vehicle milestone represented a U-turn for the industry after a difficult period and showed the supply of vehicles had improved.

“After some challenging years through Covid, this milestone speaks to the range of vehicles available to consumers,” Mr Weber said.

“In the past six months, five have broken all-time sales records compared with previous years and in October 106,809 new vehicles were delivered to Australian customers.”

The FCAI’s figures showed Australians purchased 1.006 million vehicles in the year to October – more than 100,000 vehicles or 22.3 per cent more than the previous year.

Sales soared across every state and territory, with the greatest increases in Victoria (32 per cent), NSW (22 per cent), Tasmania (20 per cent) and South Australia (20 per cent).

Big vehicles made up the biggest proportion of sales, with light commercial utes and large SUVs representing 38 per cent of new models sold in October and dominating the most popular vehicles.

Utes ranked as the top three best-selling vehicles in Australia during October, with the Ford Ranger taking out top spot followed by Toyota’s HiLux ute and the Isuzu D-Max

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

SecretOfSteel posted:

Genuinely feel for the woman touching that scaly "human skin" though

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Follow up on this: when the press were interviewing these dickheads after that hearing and at one point they said "Heil Hitler!" and Hersant started to raise his arm to do the Nazi salute but went "Oh wait, that's illegal now isn't it? :smug:" and stopped halfway. Looks like the cops are going to charge him for it anyway: https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/white-supremacist-facing-charges-after-allegedly-performing-nazi-salute-20231102-p5egx3.html

Suck poo poo, nazi!

Reminded me of that West German stand up comic that would get the audience to do funny call and repeats, steadily getting faster and faster then end with Heil Hitler at the same time the house lights would suddenly turn on and you'd have all these loving nice 'denazified' middle class Germans doing Nazi salutes and yelling Heil hitler. He should try that as a defence. He was just stealing a bit.

E:but like, obviously he should be put against the wall

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 3, 2023

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Of the many, varied and compelling reasons to hate that oval office, getting a mani/pedi is absolutely not one of them.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

It is funny that Dutton gets a mani/pedi because it runs contrary to the image and values he tries to project. It's funny. Not sure why this is a difficult concept for some. No-one is suggesting that he has been caught in an egregious sin, and that all right-minded progressives must thus condemn him.

Just enjoy a chance to point and laugh at a dickhead. The loving guilt on some of you, honestly. No-one's waiting to scold you for laughing unwokely. Relax.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

australia is a deeply broken nation beyond repair if we are choosing the ford ranger, natures worst ute over a hilux or an isuzu

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

australia is a deeply broken nation beyond repair if we are choosing the ford ranger, natures worst ute over a hilux or an isuzu

The interior of a Ranger is much more plush and comfortable than the other two. If you're cross shopping them its very apparent.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Yeast posted:

The interior of a Ranger is much more plush and comfortable than the other two. If you're cross shopping them its very apparent.

In the tradition of Falcon/Commodore, I base my car buying decisions upon what team I am on and avoid buyer's remorse by making GBS threads on the other brands every chance I get.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Electric Wrigglies posted:

In the tradition of Falcon/Commodore, I base my car buying decisions upon what team I am on and avoid buyer's remorse by making GBS threads on the other brands every chance I get.

? I don’t drive a Ute, you can see this by going to a dealership. I don’t give a poo poo what someone drives, if you’re curious to genuinely answering why, that’s a huge answer.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Electric Wrigglies posted:

That seems like a lot of work.

Just buy a red one. They're faster. And they go broom broom.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
This is inarguably true.

Also a decal on the side is a firm 5-10% increase in power.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
There is something about people that buy rangers that causes them to stick the brightest loving possible aftermarket headlights on them

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

if youre genuinely considering buying a ford falcon itt bear in mind theyre poo poo for 4wding and the stock dashboard head is dogshit and will need to be replaced as soon as they introduce a new version of it bc the old one will be essentially bricked. they also are more expensive to repair than euro cars were in the 2000s. absolutely dogshit cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

No-one's waiting to scold you for laughing unwokely. Relax.

actually there is someone (iwc)