Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I want that amulet so bad! Where do I farm it?!?

Varshan + Beast in the Ice

https://maxroll.gg/d4/resources/boss-loot-table-cheat-sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monochromagic
Jun 17, 2023

Have a question about the rogue Aspect of Corruption. I'm doing a homebrew Flurry/Poison Imbuement/Shadow Clone build, where Flurry is used to spread both vuln and poison. Does the aspect trigger if both effects are applied simultaneously, or am I better off spreading vuln first?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I want that amulet so bad! Where do I farm it?!?

I found mine from a level 11 NMD! Good luck :v:

I haven't looked up any of the unique farming bosses to see if they drop it, though.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
I tried the free trial for Diablo 4 but felt that 52€ (25% off) was still a bit much.

Today I got an email with a 40€ offer for the game. Either it's not going too well or they're expecting to recoup it from the ingame store, but I'm not complaining. :D

Anything special I should keep in mind as I play the campaign, or should I just enjoy the ride? The seasonal content seems to be locked to after campaign completion, which is a bummer.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lamquin posted:

I tried the free trial for Diablo 4 but felt that 52€ (25% off) was still a bit much.

Today I got an email with a 40€ offer for the game. Either it's not going too well or they're expecting to recoup it from the ingame store, but I'm not complaining. :D

Anything special I should keep in mind as I play the campaign, or should I just enjoy the ride? The seasonal content seems to be locked to after campaign completion, which is a bummer.

the campaign is actually cool and, once you do it, you never have to do it agian, if you so choose. Same with all the lilith statues, which you'll want to get asap. Get your regional reknown to level 5 as soon as you can (after getting into world teir 3). Doing that once unlocks it on all subsequent characters.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What a useful link! Thank you!

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
Really trying to figure out how to make a Necro freeze build work. I got Bloodless, Frostburn, and Penitent Greaves uniques over the last two nights with pretty good rolls.

Seems like combining them with the legendary that gets Skeletal Mages to cast blizzard every 8sec makes sense. But what else? 'Bone Storm is a Darkness spell now' affinity and bone spear?

I wish it weren't such a burden to sketch out a build without having to reroll everything. Like make the training dummy a special zone where you can refund skill tree and paragon, but if you don't like it you can leave the room and everything goes back to what you had.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Lamquin posted:

Play however you want, it's your game to enjoy, but: you can ignore side quests without penalty while you campaign and you get your horse - which is a decent quality-of-life thing - pretty late in the campaign.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

negativeneil posted:

Really trying to figure out how to make a Necro freeze build work. I got Bloodless, Frostburn, and Penitent Greaves uniques over the last two nights with pretty good rolls.

Seems like combining them with the legendary that gets Skeletal Mages to cast blizzard every 8sec makes sense. But what else? 'Bone Storm is a Darkness spell now' affinity and bone spear?

I wish it weren't such a burden to sketch out a build without having to reroll everything. Like make the training dummy a special zone where you can refund skill tree and paragon, but if you don't like it you can leave the room and everything goes back to what you had.

Basically, you'll want to look at Blight, and the Shadow corpse explosion. Unfortunately, Shadowblight doesn't have the Darkness tag, so it doesn't actually benefit from the damage bonuses. And, you lose either one big, or two small, weapon legendary aspects. On the other hand, with the million types of CC you've got (because if you're using Blight, you want aspect of the void), Umbral alone will fix all your essence problems forever.

Give it a go!

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 2, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone know if the Elemental Summoner legendary node affects skills not directly cast, like stuff from unstable currents, etc?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

And then some rear end in a top hat necromancer runs past and explodes your corpse.

If the necro thinks you are dead but you're just asleep can he still explode you?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

MMAgCh posted:

I feel like people would not mind NMDs so much if they all were generated like this. :v:

Eh, there's still a dead end and backtracking. I'd rather it be pretty linear (or open world-ish and you fill up a meter or something like that to spawn the boss.. greater rifts from d3 basically) with no dumb objectives, a boss fight, and way more glyph xp. I think I'm 91 and have 2/5 at level 15. The rest are single digits.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The best dungeon is the one that's usually just like, one corridor. Which says a lot about dungeons

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I think they "fixed" them last season but the worst dungeons were the ones based on the prison tileset. A lot of those just winding with split corridors and hallways. Pretty sure I lost objectives in those a couple times.

The ones that are like flooded cave system or flood basement are usually the best to me. Art wise though I love the chapel dungeons and fighting the giant mech knights though lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is way too much poison

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Poison damage seems way over tuned compared to everything else. Seems like it's balanced against people having barriers on demand to stop it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yea and even with 70% poison resist and 18k HP the explodey poison guys are kind of a pain in the rear end

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
As long as they don’t nerf the poison Druid stuff I’m ok with a poison adjustment. Exploding a boss for 50million with shred and poison looks fun.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dysgenesis posted:

If the necro thinks you are dead but you're just asleep can he still explode you?
The real question is, can he still steal the skeleton from domeone who's sleeping?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tarnop posted:

It sounds like a really cool item and it is very powerful but it ends up being yet another boring "number is bigger" unique

I mean they try to make other uniques. Like Grasp of Shadow, the text of which should read "Spawns a shadow clone with apathy that just kind of stands there then vanishes".

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Every other player I see roaming around is a ball sorc, including me! I got enough mana cost reduction and aspect synergy so that I don't even need to use a basic skill anymore and everything just melts

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Lakbay posted:

Every other player I see roaming around is a ball sorc, including me! I got enough mana cost reduction and aspect synergy so that I don't even need to use a basic skill anymore and everything just melts

I love being able to do a boss in eight seconds. Ball Lightning sorcs are great. This is not sarcasm - bosses are a dumb mandatory part of the game now.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I finally gave up on arc lash BL and went with that teleport enchantment build from the video. poo poo whips. My mana situation is OK but as soon as I get a tibaults I’ll be whipping insane rear end. I have the mats for three durial summons but haven’t tried it yet at 97.

Teleport enchantment with boots where attacks reduce evade CD is so much fun.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I just got my first gravitational aspect (and then four more, this game is ridiculous sometimes) and I'm just getting up and running with arc lash BL. It feels good so far, what made you give up on it?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Level 85, not a single umbral drop. I mean, I'm still shredding effectively, but capping out around l50ish NMDs. I want my umbral!

Then I want to make an Overpower necro

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
it's shameful that a t100 nightmare dungeon awards 206 glyph xp. its should not be completely linear from 1-100.

but i think the dungeons are significantly improved this season in terms of layout. there is nearly always a loop you can just follow around and continue murdering. nearly every "dead end" actually has a bonus event in it, and most every bonus event has been fixed to not suck. the wounded guy laying on the ground that you find is loving great now, you click him and it slams twenty mobs in your face, and the last couple waves actually achieve comedy with the giant opressors spawning in every available space. then you win and click him and it just slams a chest down instantly. its perfect.

there's at least one dungeon, i think it's ghoa ruins, with no objective and you literally just run to the boss room and it...kind of sucks. it's great for leveling glyphs, i guess, but it's lame.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Tarnop posted:

I just got my first gravitational aspect (and then four more, this game is ridiculous sometimes) and I'm just getting up and running with arc lash BL. It feels good so far, what made you give up on it?

There was nothing really wrong with it, but I was having a tough time getting unstable currents CD to zero and the teleport thing just looked like fun. I also had a 925 knife and good boots that I knew would work well with it. Any ball lightning build is going to be top tier this season so it’s a matter of preference and percents.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Fought Grigoire for the first time and he dropped a blood artisan's cuirass which seems like it'll be pretty dope for a blood lance build. I wish it wasn't so grindy to get the mats but Inreally like the new bosses.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I tried to do Elias at level 60. It’s hard!! I just gave up and decided to come back later

Blood surge necro but he can 100-0 me with many moves

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also is there some way to quickly matchmake into NM dungeons with people to make this less mind numbing

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also is there some way to quickly matchmake into NM dungeons with people to make this less mind numbing

Lmao no, expecting multiplayer options in your online diablo game that you can see other players running around in?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I tried to do Elias at level 60. It’s hard!! I just gave up and decided to come back later

Blood surge necro but he can 100-0 me with many moves

I struggled with Elias early as well. It helped a lot to make the HP incense. Kept me from getting one shot.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Kaysette posted:

There was nothing really wrong with it, but I was having a tough time getting unstable currents CD to zero and the teleport thing just looked like fun. I also had a 925 knife and good boots that I knew would work well with it. Any ball lightning build is going to be top tier this season so it’s a matter of preference and percents.

How did you manage to actually get your unstable currents CD to 0? I assume you need Flickerstep boots?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ehud posted:

I struggled with Elias early as well. It helped a lot to make the HP incense. Kept me from getting one shot.

Ooh good thinking. Gonna try upgrading some armor get a couple more paragon levels and this see if it works

queeb posted:

Lmao no, expecting multiplayer options in your online diablo game that you can see other players running around in?

With how easy it is to just like wander into a blood tide and see other people playing I figured I could do the same with dungeons :/

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Superterranean posted:

Level 85, not a single umbral drop. I mean, I'm still shredding effectively, but capping out around l50ish NMDs. I want my umbral!
What the gently caress?? I'm level 99 and can do tier 80 without too much trouble but beyond that I get one shot too easily and its tedious.

If the itemization wasnt purestrain garbage and I could effectively optimize my items I might be able to push that a little higher, but 150 just sounds insane.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
That's an L not a 1

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Haha I thought it was 150 as well. I was like drat that person is crushing this fuckin game

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

kaxman posted:

it's shameful that a t100 nightmare dungeon awards 206 glyph xp. its should not be completely linear from 1-100.

but i think the dungeons are significantly improved this season in terms of layout. there is nearly always a loop you can just follow around and continue murdering. nearly every "dead end" actually has a bonus event in it, and most every bonus event has been fixed to not suck. the wounded guy laying on the ground that you find is loving great now, you click him and it slams twenty mobs in your face, and the last couple waves actually achieve comedy with the giant opressors spawning in every available space. then you win and click him and it just slams a chest down instantly. its perfect.

there's at least one dungeon, i think it's ghoa ruins, with no objective and you literally just run to the boss room and it...kind of sucks. it's great for leveling glyphs, i guess, but it's lame.

They are dreadfully boring, the best decision I made this season was to just ignore NMD’s completely and I’m having a much better time.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
A suggestion I liked was to make the Beast in the Ice give a lot of XP. Like 300 at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kaddish posted:

How did you manage to actually get your unstable currents CD to 0? I assume you need Flickerstep boots?

Arclash can do it on non boss portions of NMD's pretty easily without Flickerstep. Part of the trick is to not blow all your CD's so Current gets its cooldown reduced every 5 attacks.