Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Isomermaid posted:

It is, you can't do the kind of shading on her face on enamel.

Also, TIL the poppy is the national flower of Palestine.

Amazeballs info!
I googled and found these images:

Source: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anemone_coronaria
Anemone coronaria (Palestinian poppy or Spanish marigold) [1][2] is a flowering plant in the genus Anemone. It is native to the Mediterranean region. It is the national flower of Palestine.

I can see some colour printing in my near future!
I keep a poppy in my handbag during War Christmas in case of abuse in the street for not wearing one. I noticed far fewer poppies being worn in the last couple of years generally though.

Snipe: 2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate?

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sanford posted:

Screenshot for posterity. As someone pointed out to me earlier, it’s got strong Mary/Jesus vibes too. A true work of art.

If you wear this then 5 different agencies compete to kill you in a tunnel.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

StarryAI is doing a much better Keith these days

In this one it looks like he's been punching a Llama

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Not saying you have to go along with War Christmas but 35000 Irish folks lost their lives in WW1 so you could just say it's for them.

Personally I prefer the white poppy.

There's two relatives of mine who fought in WWII - one died and one survived. Absolutely still never wearing one.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Re: station alerts, I heard that Inspector Case was the suspicious packages one.

Used to hear Sands called for all the time at Liverpool Street.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Inspector Case? I hardly know 'er

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Popbitch this week suggests Keith is currently putting away three bottles of wine a night.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

difficult to bum the poppy when they put it on the front

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

josh04 posted:

Popbitch this week suggests Keith is currently putting away three bottles of wine a night.

The popbitch paragraph in question:
https://twitter.com/joefattorini/status/1720405662817980603

His drinking is an open secret. He's one of the few leading politicians who isn't shagging around because he's too drunk most of the time to think about sex. Drinking and football is all he does when he's not being a genocidal leader of a political party

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

josh04 posted:

lol

Session through the recession

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Those have got to be some gnarly hangovers.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Alcohol going to get a lot more socially harmful if he wins.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

cat botherer posted:

Can't get a hangover if you never sober up!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

cat botherer posted:

You only get hangovers if you stop drinking. I used to be a professional alcoholic, so I know these things. Bloody mary and Irish coffee for breakfast to clear the fog, then slow titration of alcohol until the real drinking starts again in the evening.

e:f;b

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Nov 3, 2023

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
oh good he's not just a shitter tony blair he's a poo poo charles kennedy

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tesseraction posted:

Not saying you have to go along with War Christmas but 35000 Irish folks lost their lives in WW1 so you could just say it's for them.

Personally I prefer the white poppy.

It isn't just because its a Brit thing so have to be against it, the Irish thing indifference to the poppy is due to that the same soldiers who fought and survived in WW1 were then recruited to the Black and Tans to quell Ireland.
Two years after the war they were shooting up civilian homes in south Ireland.

Have a distant relative who was killed by the Black and Tans. Coming home from church with two friends, stopped by a patrol, found next morning shot to death, throats cut and bibles stuffed into the throat.

Edit: TIL they sent the Black and Tans to Palestine after Ireland. Small world.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 3, 2023

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Has anyone said Beer Starmer yet
How about Keirwürztraminer
How about Leader of the Alcopopposition

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Wachter posted:

Boris called him that in PMQs after the whole korma pandemic party at his affair partners office.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Brendan Rodgers posted:

My PIP came through, a massive weight off my mental shoulders, have a drink to celebrate me

Great news, just in time for Christmas.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

The popbitch paragraph in question:
https://twitter.com/joefattorini/status/1720405662817980603

His drinking is an open secret. He's one of the few leading politicians who isn't shagging around because he's too drunk most of the time to think about sex. Drinking and football is all he does when he's not being a genocidal leader of a political party

So he really is in touch with the people then.

Christ, at least Charles Kennedy was vaguely likeable.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
From the third way to the third bottle.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Is that why he always looks inexplicably uncomfortable in interviews.

Just grimly focusing on making it to the end through the fug of headache, dizziness and anxiety.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Yes. It's also why he can vanish for days at a time

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1720422517393785079

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 3, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

notaspy posted:

The poppy is pretty much a British thing so gently caress that no.1

gently caress that no.2 is that memorialises the cunts who occupied Northern Ireland

Might go white just to annoy gammons but not many of those round here

I used it as an extra layer of protection when i was living in Lisburn back in the late 80s, just pick one off the ground and i was set. :kiddo:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

fuctifino posted:

Yes. It's also why he can vanish for days at a time

<deleted photo of Kieth in underpants>

Talking of underpants - there's a leak in my bathroom from somewhere that's affecting the walls with bubbling.
So I had a handyperson take the side off the bath (it was all siliconed in by the last owner of the flat - talk about things you don't notice til you move in & start living somewhere :qq: ) and including lots of water (luckily I'm on the ground floor so no flat underneath to be affected) he found an old pair of underpants and bits of rubbish!
Who would 'modernize' a bathroom and just seal rubbish under the bath! Am sure there's a political analogy to be had.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's always a load of odd rubbish under floorboards or in foundations. Usually like a broken mug from the 60s rather than someone's undergarments though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Talking of underpants - there's a leak in my bathroom from somewhere that's affecting the walls with bubbling.
So I had a handyperson take the side off the bath (it was all siliconed in by the last owner of the flat - talk about things you don't notice til you move in & start living somewhere :qq: ) and including lots of water (luckily I'm on the ground floor so no flat underneath to be affected) he found an old pair of underpants and bits of rubbish!
Who would 'modernize' a bathroom and just seal rubbish under the bath! Am sure there's a political analogy to be had.

Wait until you hear about the slots in the walls of old bathrooms for disposing of used razor blades. No, they didn't go to a removable storage thing; they just got dropped into the wall cavities.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The dwarf has made a statement
https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1720427545177301472

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol remember when Keir ran over that Deliveroo rider, fled the scene and was never breathalysed?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just about everyone, these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK1ER-eNdU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

It isn't just because its a Brit thing so have to be against it, the Irish thing indifference to the poppy is due to that the same soldiers who fought and survived in WW1 were then recruited to the Black and Tans to quell Ireland.
Two years after the war they were shooting up civilian homes in south Ireland.

Have a distant relative who was killed by the Black and Tans. Coming home from church with two friends, stopped by a patrol, found next morning shot to death, throats cut and bibles stuffed into the throat.

Edit: TIL they sent the Black and Tans to Palestine after Ireland. Small world.

Ah thanks for this (and the others who clarified). Saves me embarrassing myself in front of someone Irish. Instead I've just posted ignorantly on the internet for all to see*.

*depending on forum paywall status

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

keep punching joe posted:

Boris called him that in PMQs after the whole korma pandemic party at his affair partners office.

Good to know I'm less funny than Boris

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

ALRIGHT YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

I WANNA SEE YOU DESTROY THIS FUCKIN PLACE

THIS NEXT SONG

IS CALLED

DESECRATE

THE CENOTAAAAAAAPH

*blastbeat*

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Wachter posted:

How about Keirwürztraminer
How about Leader of the Alcopopposition
Bier Stürmer

A bier is also a stand on which a corpse, coffin, or casket containing a corpse is placed to lie in state or to be carried to the grave. (The corpse is the Labour Party)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Please do not protest the slaughter of civilians while we are pissing on the grave of the people we marched into the meat grinder from the safety of our palaces.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

"it is disrespectful to call for a ceasefire on Armistice Day" - that's it, I've lost my last shred of sanity. Just absolutely done. What a murderous pack of twats.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

'an affront to the british public and the values we stand for' lol. ok sure, guy who doesn't even know how to pay for something in a shop, you are the true cultural touchstone of public thought

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Please do not plan provocative protests tia.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Disrespectful to distract the press from reporting on the two hours per year we pretend to care about are boys
People need to see me intentionally look glum and sad for 5 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This doesn’t sound great