Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bears are getting killed over giving up a second for Sweat, here’s ESPN:

Lol they do get the right to franchise tag him next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artadius
Nov 5, 2012
Barely eight weeks into the year and Washington is already like "Nah man, we're good."

Thread title is so appropriate.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

indigi posted:

immediately proven wrong on all counts

less than four minutes between me hitting post and this tweet. I’m a genius
They empowered San Fran? TRAITORS!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love that the commanders “rebuilding” draft is just a normal Howie draft

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WhatGoingDowney/status/1719524017906856443?t=yOTvaZXMC9eeP6G7oDb2fA&s=19

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
ACHTUALLY

Giants tickets have been paperless since COVID.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
semi-interesting video on the Brotherly Shove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTNK7boH9lo&t=327s

Edt: 12:30 it talks about the viking's failed attempt and how Fred Warner pulls a Polamalu to stop it

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Nov 1, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blarzgh posted:

semi-interesting video on the Brotherly Shove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTNK7boH9lo&t=327s

Edt: 12:30 it talks about the viking's failed attempt and how Fred Warner pulls a Polamalu to stop it

Thank you that was awesome 🙏

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It seem like you need to get between hurts and the left side of the line which is probably hard to do since he knows the snap count

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
I was thinking about those NFLPA team report cards and I'd really love to know what those letter grades mean in real terms. like when the Commanders rate the weight room as a C+, does that mean equivalent to, say, a 24/7 Planet Fitness? better? worse? is an F- training room like... a CVS minute clinic?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

I was thinking about those NFLPA team report cards and I'd really love to know what those letter grades mean in real terms. like when the Commanders rate the weight room as a C+, does that mean equivalent to, say, a 24/7 Planet Fitness? better? worse? is an F- training room like... a CVS minute clinic?

Given where these guys went to college, I'm sure most of them have pretty loving high expectations for weight rooms and training facilities

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
I'm sure they do which is why I'm very interested to know what a C+ NFL weight room looks like, and what an F- NFL training room looks like. maybe they're still beyond my wildest dreams because our points of comparison are so different, like what they give an F to maybe I'd consider a B+? but on the other hand, if it really is bottom of the barrel bullshit, I'm surprised we don't hear more stories of above average guys taking a little less money to play for a team that has B+/A everything

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

indigi posted:

I'm sure they do which is why I'm very interested to know what a C+ NFL weight room looks like, and what an F- NFL training room looks like. maybe they're still beyond my wildest dreams because our points of comparison are so different, like what they give an F to maybe I'd consider a B+? but on the other hand, if it really is bottom of the barrel bullshit, I'm surprised we don't hear more stories of above average guys taking a little less money to play for a team that has B+/A everything
NFLPA sent out surveys asking for rankings on the different categories on a scale of 1-5, then followed up with questions to some of the players that called for open-ended qualitative responses, then weighed everything together. So while they're not saying the exact methodology, a C+ weight room is probably one where the players gave it a 3 but were like "there's a lot of stuff to like here though" in the follow-ups, and an F- is one where nobody had anything nice to say.

But since the whole thing is inherently subjective and these dudes have been accustomed to the best of the best when it comes to facilities, I'd guess that even a F- would beat the poo poo out of any local gym you could get into.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

CapnAndy posted:

NFLPA sent out surveys asking for rankings on the different categories on a scale of 1-5, then followed up with questions to some of the players that called for open-ended qualitative responses, then weighed everything together. So while they're not saying the exact methodology, a C+ weight room is probably one where the players gave it a 3 but were like "there's a lot of stuff to like here though" in the follow-ups, and an F- is one where nobody had anything nice to say.

But since the whole thing is inherently subjective and these dudes have been accustomed to the best of the best when it comes to facilities, I'd guess that even a F- would beat the poo poo out of any local gym you could get into.

Except for Washington, which was probably a local gym you could get into

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Every major sport in DFW has won a championship as of tonight

even managed an XFL title

Jerry Jones is still a ghoul, please die

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Very emotional about a Rangers world series win. This means so much to me. Almost as much as watching Dak Prescott win the Walter Peyton Mann of the Year award

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blarzgh posted:

Very emotional about a Rangers world series win. This means so much to me. Almost as much as watching Dak Prescott win the Walter Peyton Mann of the Year award

I think it's cool that they realized how great he is away from a football field.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ted Williams can finally RIPs

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

euphronius posted:

Ted Williams can finally RIPs

They would have to bury him first

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Can we all agree that it is hilarious that the NFL looked at a mid-season Eagles/Cowboys game and then went "hmm, that probably won't be an impactful matchup that sets the tone for the back half of the year and teams maneuvering for playoff spots, y'know what really will put some butts in seats, Chargers/Jets"?

I know they thought they were gonna have Captain Anti-Vax playing, but there's still no way that was ever gonna be a good game.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Goons complained that there were too many nationally televised NFCE games so you get to have this slop instead of god-given clownball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Im so confident the eagles will win I am going to a yoga class at 4 pm on Sunday

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

euphronius posted:

Im so confident the eagles will win I am going to a yoga class at 4 pm on Sunday

That's funny, so is Dak

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I've decided to become a Diamondbacks fan so I can continue to hate

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

I have bad news

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Doltos posted:

Listen buddy we aren't ALL Schillings

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

CapnAndy posted:

I know they thought they were gonna have Captain Anti-Vax playing, but there's still no way that was ever gonna be a good game.

Not sure it’d have been a good good game, but both those teams have a knack for playing to the opposing competition, so it’ll probably still be a close game with some entertaining bullshit

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The second Eagles/Cowboys game is on SNF, so NBC probably didn't want the same game in the span of like 5 weeks.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

MD2020 posted:

The second Eagles/Cowboys game is on SNF, so NBC probably didn't want the same game in the span of like 5 weeks.

poo poo, Eagles/Cowboys is the only NFC East matchup fit for SNF.

Every other combination is Thursday night football.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Ayudo posted:

poo poo, Eagles/Cowboys is the only NFC East matchup fit for SNF.

Every other combination is Thursday night football.

Every NFCE matchup is fit for SNF simply by virtue of being an NFCE matchup :colbert:

E: This includes the Cardinals

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Leonard Williams good or bad? ty

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Leonard Williams good or bad? ty

He's good op

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Leonard is very good. Prob one of the best in the league at hand fighting so he gets his position to punish one on one matchups pretty well. The Giants were most likely going to let him walk at the end of the year because his contract. Plus a 2nd and a 5th is way too attractive to give up for a bottom dwelling team.

The Giants also have a defense that doesn't really need more than one DT disrupting as the other one just has to occupy a blocker without getting pushed backwards. They're a quasi 4-3 that produces heavy sides based on whatever gives Dexter Lawrence the best one on one matchup. When offenses start double teaming Lawrence they switch into single gap assignment all out pass rushing with like seven guys that could potentially be deployed anywhere. It's kind of like Spags' old nascar package but instead of really fast DEs it's like Jihad Ward being obstinant.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Doltos posted:

Leonard is very good. Prob one of the best in the league at hand fighting so he gets his position to punish one on one matchups pretty well. The Giants were most likely going to let him walk at the end of the year because his contract. Plus a 2nd and a 5th is way too attractive to give up for a bottom dwelling team.

The Giants also have a defense that doesn't really need more than one DT disrupting as the other one just has to occupy a blocker without getting pushed backwards. They're a quasi 4-3 that produces heavy sides based on whatever gives Dexter Lawrence the best one on one matchup. When offenses start double teaming Lawrence they switch into single gap assignment all out pass rushing with like seven guys that could potentially be deployed anywhere. It's kind of like Spags' old nascar package but instead of really fast DEs it's like Jihad Ward being obstinant.

ya i said all this already. he's good op

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Daltos why is the eagles defense so loving awful at defending against the pass?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Asproigerosis posted:

Daltos why is the eagles defense so loving awful at defending against the pass?

Reed Blankenship sucks at coverage, Slay is old, and Jobe isn't that good.

Still better than the Cowboys right now though.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Don’t forget Bradberry! On top of those things, they had a rotating cast of players pretty much every game. A little continuity plus figuring out how to distribute routes out of bunch sets should help. Assuming they can actually sort that out halfway through the season. Oh, the LBs aren’t very good at defending the middle either!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Reed Blankenship sucks at coverage, Slay is old, and Jobe isn't that good.

Still better than the Cowboys right now though.

Daron Bland, Stephen Gilmore, Jayron Kearse

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What kind of bitch-rear end team gets only the obligatory +3 at home?

I’ll tell you. It’s the bitch-rear end Eagles and their fearful, bitch-rear end fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

MrMojok posted:

What kind of bitch-rear end team gets only the obligatory +3 at home?

I’ll tell you. It’s the bitch-rear end Eagles and their fearful, bitch-rear end fans.

🔋🔋🔋