Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Spaced God posted:

The IDF still refuses to acknowledge that they got dunked on in an aerial battle in the 80s to the point in denying the battle even happened despite it being well documented and the longest jet combat in history

Which battle was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the missing link for Arab governments imo is an external power willing to provide them with security guarantees. Saudi Arabia and the UAE have to keep a lid on their populations both for supporting Israel but also for a host of independent reasons, since they are pretty rightly hated by their people. their alliance with the US is necessary to prop them up. if another power could guarantee their security the way Russia has guaranteed assad’s, they would have more freedom to act against Israel.

the only power I can think of that could do that though is China, and China has shown no desire to get involved that way (and frankly I don’t want them to, nobody should be propping up the house of saud or MBZ or any of those blood soaked cretins, it’s not a good thing to do).

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

couldnt the us keep their entire economy afloat like ukraine

or maybe not

the bigger deal is like 1/3 of their pop are called up for military duty that is entirely unsustainable

nah for all the aid we give them we'd have to multiply it by 100x to match their gdp so to even just match this decline it'd be an order of magnitude above current levels. it'd be another ukraine-sized budget hole but instead using real dollars instead of milsurp on a balance sheet

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i say swears online posted:

nah for all the aid we give them we'd have to multiply it by 100x to match their gdp so to even just match this decline it'd be an order of magnitude above current levels. it'd be another ukraine-sized budget hole but instead using real dollars instead of milsurp on a balance sheet

good

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Saudi Arabia and the UAE have to keep a lid on their populations both for supporting Israel but also for a host of independent reasons, since they are pretty rightly hated by their people. their alliance with the US is necessary to prop them up.

Sadly this is not the case, Gulf societies are very thoroughly propagandized, saudis and emiratis like their government because they're in a complete hermetically sealed propaganda bottle. lots of people arent aware of the depths of israeli-ksa alignment. and there are too few emirati people in the first place to matter.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Strep Vote posted:

HAMAS: bravest sickest poo poo u ever seen
IOF: explodes hospital

lol gently caress the west

They should make Gazan medical personnel their own faction in the cataloguing of the war. Put the doctors and staff up on the casualty board. That's who the IDF are actually fighting.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Canned Sunshine posted:

Which battle was that?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Confusedslight posted:

The tiktok pipeline to Islam is now complete

Alice Caldwell-Kelly: noo my gimmick

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

couldnt the us keep their entire economy afloat like ukraine

or maybe not

the bigger deal is like 1/3 of their pop are called up for military duty that is entirely unsustainable

I think the bigger distinction between Ukraine and Israel is that the Ukrainian conflict is close to frozen and can basically coast on inertia for a while; neither side has to do anything significant to maintain the status quo and neither side seems capable of breaking the status quo in significant ways.

israel has to maintain momentum and pressure because they can’t freeze the conflict. they can’t hold territory in Palestine the way Russia holds territory in Ukraine because Hamas is far from a spent force and is perfectly capable of sustaining an insurgency that would inflict more casualties than israel is willing to bear. they also can’t withdraw because, again, israel isn’t willing to bear the psychological consequences of that defeat.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I think the bigger distinction between Ukraine and Israel is that the Ukrainian conflict is close to frozen and can basically coast on inertia for a while; neither side has to do anything significant to maintain the status quo and neither side seems capable of breaking the status quo in significant ways.

israel has to maintain momentum and pressure because they can’t freeze the conflict. they can’t hold territory in Palestine the way Russia holds territory in Ukraine because Hamas is far from a spent force and is perfectly capable of sustaining an insurgency that would inflict more casualties than israel is willing to bear. they also can’t withdraw because, again, israel isn’t willing to bear the psychological consequences of that defeat.

its entirely a lose-lose for israel

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

yep.

you could say it's entirely a death-death to israel.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

yep.

Queek Headtaker has declared for Hamas, promises to open a 3rd front from the undercity of Israel.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/APHClarkson/status/1720444702665621882

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

God willing, it is and shall be.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

I mean the actual goal of the operation is to exterminate all Palestinians, it’s what they want, they see all of them as equivalently bad and want to kill a baby just as badly as they want to kill a Hamas fighter, so from that perspective this is working very well for them

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You should tell MBS to let them through. It's cool.

They should spam for a treaty of military access every turn.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al-Mayadeen just posted video of another massacre going south on the highway. Whole road littered with bodies. Couldn't tell you if it was a bomb or if the ground forces did it because I don't care to look that closely. The footage was taken by cyclists. The ambient horror of having to live with death like that day to day is insane.

Israel won't survive this.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They should make Gazan medical personnel their own faction in the cataloguing of the war. Put the doctors and staff up on the casualty board. That's who the IDF are actually fighting.

The only side with a negative k/d rating.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I mean the actual goal of the operation is to exterminate all Palestinians

They can’t accomplish that in this war no matter how much they’re committed to it.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Al-Mayadeen just posted video of another massacre going south on the highway. Whole road littered with bodies. Couldn't tell you if it was a bomb or if the ground forces did it because I don't care to look that closely. The footage was taken by cyclists. The ambient horror of having to live with death like that day to day is insane.

Israel won't survive this.

Blown up Israelis or gazans? Because I'm pretty sure don't mind the latter

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Earlier this week Khamenei said Muslim countries should cut off oil and food exports to Israel. Did Iran follow through and do that themselves? No. Even dudes titled "Supreme Leader" are like "hmmm someone should do something about this".

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Valleyant posted:

Blown up Israelis or gazans? Because I'm pretty sure don't mind the latter

They massacred refugees heading south on the highway. The bicycle video is getting reposted a lot too, so I'd suggest staying off of twitter for a while.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Earlier this week Khamenei said Muslim countries should cut off oil and food exports to Israel. Did Iran follow through and do that themselves? No. Even dudes titled "Supreme Leader" are like "hmmm someone should do something about this".

Listen, imposter syndrome is a bitch. I hope the supreme leader is taking some time for self care.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

External Organs posted:

Listen, imposter syndrome is a bitch. I hope the supreme leader is taking some time for self care.

Bilateral trade between Iran and Israel does exist, but check out the numbers:
https://oec.world/en/profile/bilateral-country/irn/partner/isr

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They massacred refugees heading south on the highway. The bicycle video is getting reposted a lot too, so I'd suggest staying off of twitter for a while.

Gonna rally the i hate cars thread

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Gonna rally the i hate cars thread

finally, the convergences are almost complete

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

AJ showed the video earlier
What seemed like 2-3 entire families including children, dead on the road in pools of their own blood.

The same coastal road Israel has announced they control now.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the axis of #resist-ance

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

lmao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Qassam put out an informational video about their hand-placed anti-tank weapon, why they use it and it's specifications, along with a demonstration.

https://x.com/TurkiShalhoub/status/1720466927519244734?s=20

it's made to be placed right next to the merkavas munitions magazine.

they gave some statistics, it weighs 3 kilograms, it was made in Gaza, and they say it can penetrate 60 cm of armor.

so it's not a weapon of desperation its on purpose to be placed by hand.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 17:04 on Nov 3, 2023

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Directly calling out america

"WE HAVE PREPARED FOR YOUR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS"

Whole speech should have been this, but the Ford. But they're cucks

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Bilateral trade between Iran and Israel does exist, but check out the numbers:
https://oec.world/en/profile/bilateral-country/irn/partner/isr
I was like wait non-gulf Muslim countries are exporting food and oil to Israel?

Turns out not really. Bulk of Israel's petroleum is India/Greece/US/Russia. Turkey and UAE 2% each. For Crude it's almost all Azerbaijian and US.

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

Qassam put out an informational video about their hand-placed anti-tank weapon, why they use it and it's specifications, along with a demonstration.

https://x.com/TurkiShalhoub/status/1720466927519244734?s=20

it's made to be placed right next to the merkavas munitions magazine.

they gave some statistics, it weighs 3 kilograms, it was made in Gaza, and they say it can penetrate 60 cm of armor.

so it's not a weapon of desperation its on purpose.

there are guys who make their living from writing library music for trailers, basically just bits and bobs that trailer producers choose from and assemble into a track that's used in the final trailer.

i would be so psyched if my music made it into one of these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I'm not gonna get too mad at the people actually fighting from my computer in burger land tbh