Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vitamean posted:

anecdotally I hear mistakes are deadly on aether, but here on primal I cross the goal and sit there watching the clock count down to near zero as people keep getting knocked out by obstacles

On cactuar I've gotten to final round consistently while loving up. It's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I know we have some horror fans in the thread

https://twitter.com/IncorrectFFQTS/status/1720293735404093826?t=zL3SCa5jU9nE1u_YS4LCOA&s=19

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

i get and agree with your point but you're kind of overplaying this
i am yea but idk its just frustrating how this mindset keeps happening

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

i dont understand why things can kill you in this game. i log into my character, pop into dungeon roulette, send the other party members a 5000 word essay apologizing for not having optimized materia as a i load into sastasha, suck my thumb for five minutes (unskippable) when i see the tank's icon and remember tanks exist (we all have tanxiety, right?), and in my FC chat someone said zenos had a thick rear end so i report them for being a fascist. then on top of that im expected to hit fire 1, *and* not stand in the bomb explosions? yoshi-p, what are you doing?

I laughed harder than I probably should have at this, my apologies

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Friendly reminder to back up your FFXIV settings in the launcher and character settings at the login screen if you haven't for a while. I now have to see just how much I've changed compared to my last backup 2 years ago after forgetting that backing up my desktop Documents on the same OneDrive (gently caress OneDrive) as my laptop would gently caress everything up.

Edit: Ah. I have no character settings backed up, despite knowing I did it a while ago (turns out I did it on an alt, but not my main, good job, me). Welp, that's everything that needs to be re-setup.

Onean fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 3, 2023

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Onean posted:

Friendly reminder to back up your FFXIV settings in the launcher and character settings at the login screen if you haven't for a while. I now have to see just how much I've changed compared to my last backup 2 years ago after forgetting that backing up my desktop Documents on the same OneDrive (gently caress OneDrive) as my laptop would gently caress everything up.

Edit: Ah. I have not character settings backed up, despite knowing I did it a while ago. Welp, that's everything that needs to be re-setup.

When my old computer died suddenly last year I went to all the trouble of getting a SATA to USB cable and prying my old drive out to get the settings off my old drive to my new PC so that I didn't have to go through the nightmare of setting up a billion bars again :v:

Not making that mistake again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You don't report Zenos thicness for being fash.

You report it because Zenos existing is a spoiler, duh.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I fully get that, and agree, my issue with the collab's version is 24 players isn't quite enough and it honestly should've maybe been a 48-man group instance. What keeps Fall Guys fun is even if you fail a jump you're "only" bouncing back from, say, 20th place to 40th and the cutoff is still the first 80 players across the line. Or even in the higher stages, call it top 30 out of 50 players to clear/survive is still a pretty wide margin of error for getting into that cutoff mark. You might not manage it, but the hope/chance is there of pushing through even if you don't succeed.

The collab's version, at least from my experience on my server, doesn't have that. If you fall behind, you're just done. Especially in the second stage where ping already isn't your friend, you're now just a full gem behind of enough people to clear it. That's part of what keeps it from being fun for me.

im going to smoosh you into a ball like a monstar and score a three pointer

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Onean posted:

Friendly reminder to back up your FFXIV settings in the launcher and character settings at the login screen if you haven't for a while.

Related, do these transfer between PC and console?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Vitamean posted:

anecdotally I hear mistakes are deadly on aether, but here on primal I cross the goal and sit there watching the clock count down to near zero as people keep getting knocked out by obstacles

on jp dc they use macros to organize fall guys rounds, but over here on na we’re stuck with pf clowns to bypass matchmaking queues. This is why we’ll never catch up in achievement points

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Related, do these transfer between PC and console?

I believe your character settings will (including stuff like your HUD, hotbars, macros etc.) which are backed up at the screen where you select your character. The System settings backed up in the launcher can't, I think.

It's not automatic, so you have to manually backup-restore if you make a change, and it can't be from one character to another (though you can do this on PC through copying folders), but it's an option if you have a base setup.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

You don't report Zenos thicness for being fash.

You report it because Zenos existing is a spoiler, duh.

You report it because Zenos thicness is a lie

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

You can have something competitive that isn't a super serious Must Win situation.
Actually I think Dawntrail's tagline is WHICH SCIONS WILL THE WARRIOR OF LIGHT EXECUTE?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gruckles posted:

For some reason it took me an inordinate amount of time to internalize that the Fall Guys obstacles with glowing barriers around them would also stun/knock for touching the model, and that I couldn't just clip through them after their movement/aoe stopped.

Things were so janky that I'd walk right through them and assume I got stunned because of lag on the actual attack.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah, I'm still very confused on the hit box lag and stuns and poo poo. The actual mechanics seem easy. I'll just keep slowly queueing for it and learning from y'all's collective advice

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

completely aside from fall guys for the moment, has anyone else been experiencing weird lag in the game lately?

like, the only game content I'm really doing right now is working on old tribals that I never finished, but every so often (right now, past midnight a couple nights ago) I'm getting into situations where I end up having to wait 2-4 seconds between clicking on a NPC and their reacting to anything, or just standing there for the same amount of time after the castbar for mount roulette goes away before my mount actually appears, or any number of bizarre interactions put on hold while the game thinks "did hex really just click on muna vanu? maybe I'd better clear the UI for dialogue boxes to appear but not make any dialogue boxes appear for another couple seconds"

the most egregious was a few minutes ago - clicking "yes" on a teleport confirmation, waiting a few seconds for the castbar and animation to appear, then popping out of the animation in the exact same place, no fade to black or anything, then waiting another few seconds before blipping across the map to the aetheryte.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Because except for Urianger everyone in that is dead.

So you make it an AU timeline

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

hexwren posted:

completely aside from fall guys for the moment, has anyone else been experiencing weird lag in the game lately?

like, the only game content I'm really doing right now is working on old tribals that I never finished, but every so often (right now, past midnight a couple nights ago) I'm getting into situations where I end up having to wait 2-4 seconds between clicking on a NPC and their reacting to anything, or just standing there for the same amount of time after the castbar for mount roulette goes away before my mount actually appears, or any number of bizarre interactions put on hold while the game thinks "did hex really just click on muna vanu? maybe I'd better clear the UI for dialogue boxes to appear but not make any dialogue boxes appear for another couple seconds"

the most egregious was a few minutes ago - clicking "yes" on a teleport confirmation, waiting a few seconds for the castbar and animation to appear, then popping out of the animation in the exact same place, no fade to black or anything, then waiting another few seconds before blipping across the map to the aetheryte.

I get that sometimes as well (not just recently), seems to be a "stars align" thing and I haven't been able to consistently have it happen or fix it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Last time that happened for me was either a major content patch or the DDOS days

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I had some 10-30 second waits for gathering nodes (as in, clicking and waiting for the animation and collection popup to happen) on Island Sanctuary the other night, might have been an issue with my internet but I didn't notice any significant delays outside the game and wasn't downloading/steaming/uploading anything else.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hexwren posted:

Yeah, for most people (myself included) it started about 2 hours ago. I tried to log in, and there was nothing there. Backed out, tried again, and saw my Character List, but it didn't register that I clicked on any of them. Then it gave me some message about invalid characters and try another Data Center. The other Data Center showed my characters as expected, so I went back to mine, and everything worked as expected until the game loaded. I talked to the NPC to get into my Inn Room so I could get my Retainer Ventures, and it lagged bad.

I gave up, and started doing other stuff, hoping it would fix itself. I just checked reddit, and there's a big thread of people from all over having issues. Running a Traceroute shows that once again, NTT.net is where things fall apart.

SubMana
Jun 1, 2023

Vitamean posted:

right now a sprout is getting their grasp on the spinning debuff in blunderville. next year they'll get to the final boss of alzadaal's legacy, and about twenty seconds in they'll see their character start spinning. neurons will fire off in their brain, and despite being their first time in the dungeon they'll dodge the spikes and beams from the boss the second time. the other three dudes will be so impressed they'll pile on their commends on the sprout.

It’s me. I’m this sprout.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://x.com/tarisann/status/1720277318030283263?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

Unfair standards in the Fall Guys crossover just keep getting worse.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
If the objects themselves will always stun you on contact regardless of any snapshotting, that would actually explain why things feel so weird latency-wise. Because it's not latency, it's just touching things that look inactive but aren't.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

https://twitter.com/tarisann/status/1720277318030283263?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

Unfair standards in the Fall Guys crossover just keep getting worse.

lmao

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Countblanc posted:

they need to add Trusts to blunderville,

I need this, with carefully lore-based AI for which obstacles each Scion eats poo poo on (the ones who weren't trust options in Alzadaal can't do spinning, etc.)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Onean posted:

Edit: Ah. I have no character settings backed up, despite knowing I did it a while ago (turns out I did it on an alt, but not my main, good job, me). Welp, that's everything that needs to be re-setup.

There's a Dalamud plugin to autobackup, embrace the crime tools.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The collab's version, at least from my experience on my server, doesn't have that. If you fall behind, you're just done. Especially in the second stage where ping already isn't your friend, you're now just a full gem behind of enough people to clear it. That's part of what keeps it from being fun for me.

No offense but it sounds like you're just really bad at this.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Xun posted:

As an actual answer, yes there is and it's part of the SimpleTweaks plugin, command aliases are buried somewhere on the first tab iirc
oh my god, thank you so much, I didn't even think to check simpletweaks and this is exactly what I wanted

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Countblanc posted:

they need to add Trusts to blunderville,

I would like to watch the Scions of the Seventh Dawn beef it against a Fisher-Price colorful backdrop, actually, so this is a point in Neddy Seagoon's favor

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JP only, but https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/231102f neat interview with Ishikawa and Nasu (the Fate/ series guy), discussing Ishikawa's previous work before FF14 and a bit of how she got to lead writer position, plus just some general musings on writing. and a deltarune shoutout.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Got a blunderville with 3 total players and it was kinda awesome. 1 player gets eliminated in each of the first two rounds so they're scary and intense, but then if you make it to the end you just coast through Manderville Mountain solo

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Ojjeorago posted:

There's a Dalamud plugin to autobackup, embrace the crime tools.

There's also a plugin to copy your settings make the game think every character uses a specific character's settings and it rules (and maintains a backup each time it loads). Just, once you install it you'll need to close the game completely and reopen it because it does the Penumbra-style thing of rewriting the paths the game accesses and it's not safe to do that once a character has loaded.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Where are people getting these tiny Fall Guys instances? I work nights and play in the total doldrums hours, but every game I've been in has been a full boat. Is Crystal just going really hard?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

Where are people getting these tiny Fall Guys instances? I work nights and play in the total doldrums hours, but every game I've been in has been a full boat. Is Crystal just going really hard?
i think it's just the game or servers misbehaving sometimes, I was queueing at popular hours and it just randomly happened

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Failboattootoot posted:

If the objects themselves will always stun you on contact regardless of any snapshotting, that would actually explain why things feel so weird latency-wise. Because it's not latency, it's just touching things that look inactive but aren't.

No, there's definitely some latency-related tomfoolery for at least some players.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/17kzguk/truly_amazing_this_costed_me_the_game/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/17ksjfv/oh_okay/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/17kvjp1/skill_issue_i_guess/

Incidentally, that second clip is basically how all jump pads in duties have behaved for me for a really long time. It's like the game re-synchs player locations to the client the moment somebody steps on a jump pad, so from your perspective it looks like they warp ahead of you when they had been behind you on your screen. I wonder if the moving obstacles in Fall Guys are all set to behave like that, versus letting the client decide if your position is correct to handle a mechanic like it does it most duties.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I can get pops still on Dynamis at the weird night shift hours I play but I notice that the count will change rapidly like people are dropping as soon as they get in.

It’s very odd.

Otherwise I haven’t noticed any weird snapshotting. Can definitely confirm touching things stuns you even if they currently aren’t AOEing.

I also have no idea how to time moving in the blue crystal hallway.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hopeandjoy posted:

I also have no idea how to time moving in the blue crystal hallway.

What worked best for me was waiting until both vertical bumpers were at the entrance, then immediately following the one that moves back in, then switching lanes after the other bumper moves in. I was able to largely ignore the side bumpers while moving forward and swapping between the two middle lanes.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Take a breath and watch what's happening in front of you as you're coming to it. Let other's folly be your guide

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

JP only, but https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/231102f neat interview with Ishikawa and Nasu (the Fate/ series guy), discussing Ishikawa's previous work before FF14 and a bit of how she got to lead writer position, plus just some general musings on writing. and a deltarune shoutout.

Someone posted a translation of the Deltarune shoutout in the Deltarune thread, mostly posting it here cause I like how Ishikawa describes the chapter release of Deltarune and getting a similar feeling with FFXIV and it's expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thundarr posted:

What worked best for me was waiting until both vertical bumpers were at the entrance, then immediately following the one that moves back in, then switching lanes after the other bumper moves in. I was able to largely ignore the side bumpers while moving forward and swapping between the two middle lanes.

Main horizontal bumper to watch out for is the middle one, it'll often go off about when you get there and gets out of sync with the rest. Also don't be so quick to dodge the bumpers at the end that you run right into the asxe.