Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Frosted Flake posted:

America had mass hysteria over Japan sending a few balloon bombs to land in the middle of nowhere, Washington State.

that's what Japan wanted, but the us office of censorship made sure stories of the balloon bombs weren't published until after the war was over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Before anyone accuses me of conflating Poutine posting with Shawarma posting, we too know what it feels like to suffer at the hands of the Burgers.

fosborb posted:

that's what Japan wanted, but the us office of censorship made sure stories of the balloon bombs weren't published until after the war was over

That's much funnier.

Okay, so that reduces total suffering in the American homeland to: all of the civilians the Navy accidentally killed during Pearl Harbour, and then that time they fired tens of thousands of rounds at a cloud in Los Angeles.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

America had mass hysteria over Japan sending a few balloon bombs to land in the middle of nowhere, Washington State. It's hard to overstate how the Airpower country never being bombed or having a war fought on its soil has warped its perception of war and civilian suffering.

Lebanon was practically destroyed for a quarter century of civil war, invasion and occupation.

I think you might be conflating a couple of incidents; there was a great deal of mass hysteria immediately post-Pearl Harbor especially once Japan used a submarine to bombard an oil refinery near Los Angeles. Whether or not the hysteria was wide-spread or out of control is a matter of opinion, however since Steven Spielberg made a movie about the mass hysteria, in the American mythos movies define reality and so there you have it.

The balloon-bombs were kept secret precisely because of the mass hysteria, so they were not widely known during the war, up until some family found one of them lying around while on a hike and decided to poke it with sticks until it exploded. This was in the middle of nowhere Oregon.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If a PFLP fighter tunnels up in front of me, I'm thanking him for his service.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They'd be doing us a favour by torching the West End and billionaire spad complexes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

how can europe survive an influx of 10 foot tall palestinian warrior princes

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

sullat posted:

I think you might be conflating a couple of incidents; there was a great deal of mass hysteria immediately post-Pearl Harbor especially once Japan used a submarine to bombard an oil refinery near Los Angeles. Whether or not the hysteria was wide-spread or out of control is a matter of opinion, however since Steven Spielberg made a movie about the mass hysteria, in the American mythos movies define reality and so there you have it.

The balloon-bombs were kept secret precisely because of the mass hysteria, so they were not widely known during the war, up until some family found one of them lying around while on a hike and decided to poke it with sticks until it exploded. This was in the middle of nowhere Oregon.

So the country addicting to bombing urban areas has really not even experienced any?

Like, Lebanon just had Beirut blow up in a loving accident. Do people think Hezbollah can just demand the population go through that daily without popular support?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

fosborb posted:

There was one balloon bomb that killed people on the Oregon coast. It got tangled in a tree and a bunch of kids on a picnic went over and started playing with it and oops

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

There was one balloon bomb that killed people on the Oregon coast. It got tangled in a tree and a bunch of kids on a picnic went over and started playing with it and oops

war is hell

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

and again, it's worth pointing out that the Lebanese Army has been deliberately deprived of air defence, in fact can't even buy it, like Cyprus, precisely so Israel can bomb Lebanon whenever they want, it was a condition of them leaving.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

So the country addicting to bombing urban areas has really not even experienced any?

Yes, that is correct

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Qassam put out an informational video about their hand-placed anti-tank weapon, why they use it and it's specifications, along with a demonstration.

https://x.com/TurkiShalhoub/status/1720466927519244734?s=20

it's made to be placed right next to the merkavas munitions magazine.

they gave some statistics, it weighs 3 kilograms, it was made in Gaza, and they say it can penetrate 60 cm of armor.

so it's not a weapon of desperation its on purpose to be placed by hand.

If you'd be willing to screenshot the text parts and translate into English for us that would be awesome. I could edit that into a new video but TBH I suppose it's not needed as no one that can't read Arabic is going to be needing to use that info.

Chillgamesh posted:

What are those little ball-and-chain things hanging from the rear of the turret? They’re visible when the soldier is planting the charge
The turret ring is a vulnerable part so the hope with those balls and chains is to cause an RPG or other AT weapon to explode prematurely while still allowing freedom of rotation for the turret. I have no idea how effective it would be for that purpose.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Cuckbollah chickened out.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

how else could Americans think bombing is clean

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Lmao loving let's go boyos.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
what did nasrallah say

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this propaganda is so idiotic.

to whatever degree i'm fearful of militants fighting a colonial power in their own backyard coming for me in burgertown, it's not nydus tunnels into sheboygan, it's a more diffuse and stochastic but predictable blowback for us continuing to materially support massacres and genocide. to wit making me more afraid of that just reaffirms my commitment to want to my country to stop selling Israel the means to murdering palestinian babies.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

no the israelis aren't the ones with the tunnel

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If Hamas invaded America they would do a better job at tunneling than the Boring Company.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I keep reading this as Boeing because I know they and their connections can make big holes in the ground

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1720477778364010874

For some reason Avi started popping on my feed again and this seems like something that has been brewing for years, the idea of extra-distance-excommunicating jewish people who aren't up for Israel.

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

inshalla, the perfidious albion must pay for its countless crimes

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Crisis at the ceasefire pizza party! IDF insists on bringing home all the leftovers

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Frosted Flake posted:

and again, it's worth pointing out that the Lebanese Army has been deliberately deprived of air defence, in fact can't even buy it, like Cyprus, precisely so Israel can bomb Lebanon whenever they want, it was a condition of them leaving.

drat that loving sucks. They need to get strapped like Algeria.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

trucutru posted:

Shame on all of you for not doing anything about this awful massacre, you're less than human. As opposed to us, who may look like we're not doing anything, but in reality we are slowly ratcheting the pressure.

I have been heating up my posting, it might be hard to tell, but thanks for noticing!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Nazbollah

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

this propaganda is so idiotic.

to whatever degree i'm fearful of militants fighting a colonial power in their own backyard coming for me in burgertown, it's not nydus tunnels into sheboygan, it's a more diffuse and stochastic but predictable blowback for us continuing to materially support massacres and genocide. to wit making me more afraid of that just reaffirms my commitment to want to my country to stop selling Israel the means to murdering palestinian babies.

These idiots think it's 2003 and "fight them over there so we don't fight them over here" rhetoric is going to successfully frighten people.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

drat that loving sucks. They need to get strapped like Algeria.

I think the whole point is that if they tried, Israel would invade them before they could build up a military capable of preventing Israel from invading them, exactly like Turkey and the Cypriot Army.

Israeli hawks are already concerned about the extent to which the Syrian Arab Army has been rebuilt, with new units equipped along Russian lines, exactly like the Algerians.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Next Division game looking dope.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Computer renderings of Israel's nightmare scenario:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I understood that reference!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

BMP - Big Massive Phallus

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Europe Is Next" weird way to advertise the Samson option

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Diet Crack posted:

BMP - Big Massive Phallus

The funniest way this has happened in Saudi Arabia just outbidding Syria on every arms package and then stalling on accepting delivery. All of this equipment was intended for Syria, the Saudis saw it and freaked out, and then offered to buy it instead for more money.

AMMAN/DOHA (Reuters) posted:

Saudi Arabia has offered Russia economic incentives including a major arms deal and a pledge not to challenge Russian gas sales if Moscow scales back support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Middle East sources and Western diplomats said on Wednesday.

Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Moscow-based defense think tank CAST, said he had no direct knowledge of the offer, but he would not be surprised if a contract to supply Saudi Arabia with 150 Russian T-90 tanks were revived.

“There was an order of T-90s that was stopped for mysterious reasons, and if this is a resurrection of that order then we could suspect that the Saudis want something in return and that something could be linked to Syria,” said Pukhov, who is close to Russia’s Defense Ministry.

“If the Saudis want Moscow to outright drop Assad, they will refuse the deal, but they may have a more nuanced position, which they could possibly agree to.”

Russia and Saudi Arabia penned an arms contract in 2008 for 150 T-90s as well as more than 100 Mi-17 and Mi-35 attack helicopters as well as BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles, but the contract has stalled for years.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I stand by my long held belief that Saudi loving sucks.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

God knows if the Houthis could do it they would've invaded Eilat already.
https://twitter.com/IsraelWarRoom/status/1718631473513734531?s=20

Truly the world's most heroic people along with Palestinians.

the houthis seem to be the only ones the middle east having a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hamas terrorist fist jabs