Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
You can hit Venti burst victims with Neuvillette, I played that combination a bunch in the last combat event. You might have to stand back a little though, so don't combine it with e.g. Xiangling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yeesh I was not expecting Act 1 to be like 4 hours long but all done that now. I assume they're not all going to be quite this long and this was mostly since it was getting the ball rolling from out of Sumeru all the way to setting the stage and introducing Fontaine and it's main players. I'm hard pressed to figure there was any Archon Quest Act, region based, interlude or whatever, of the 25 or so we've gotten in the game that was longer than that.

Leraika posted:

every time you make a post about a female character's outfit I would really appreciate it if you instead did not make that post because you cannot do it without coming off as skeevy as hell

Just commenting on the things that I see. I don't want a dumb low quality horny posting thread like anywhere else on the internet either, but I don't see how I'm making an inaccurate statement here. I have this hunch that when there's a full character model view of Skirk it's going to be a whole different vibe from that image though anyway.

Eimi posted:

But she's not Seele, she's voiced by Noto Mamiko...she's a Durandul?! :psyduck:

It was only a matter of time really. Two for the price of one Persona 3 character VA's is a surprise though.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 3, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Excelzior posted:

tell me more about this dream :allears:

Never actually hit the post button on this response lol

So a little while back there was a (debunked) leak that Navia scaled with BASE attack. That's super weird, cause it would mean that only crit stats and damage% would increase her damage. Well, Furina+march hunter are the best sources of that for a geo! But also, there was actually one more thing that could get you more damage: Shatter. Normally it's not even really worth thinking about, but since building EM was pretty much free and there are so few party-wide healers that can also enable non-hydro crystalize, Charlotte here would be a better addition than most. And since pretty much every geo wants geo resonance, Albedo fits in well (as a Furina-boosted secondary attacker). As a bonus his normally pointless EM buff would finally have a use! Kinda!

(Un)fortunately the base stat thing ended up being completely fake (also shatter damage was pretty bad anyway) so the original central idea for the team was a big flop. Might still end up being a good team..! By accident!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Redemption links for the 4.2 special program codes. Valid for 24 hours only.

VA97KJNF24UV

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=VA97KJNF24UV

NTQP2KPEJMUH

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=NTQP2KPEJMUH

9T96KJNE2LVM

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=9T96KJNE2LVM

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 3, 2023

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Everett False posted:

oh my god i was so busy being bitter about sayu startling birds i didn't notice i had the character who doesn't startle birds

:negative:

I got a sacred ibis the first time I tried with Kirara, absolutely effortless, I feel so goddamn stupid. I've been trying for weeks!

This still doesn't help with my falcon shooting problem but I've been told if I get Yoimiya she's got homing arrows that will help me kill birds?? I'm doubtful but I guess I'll pull on her next time if it brings me even a little closer to filling out my archive.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

RareAcumen posted:

I feel kinda weird when people say that they're not interested in picking up new characters because they already have an established team. Like, there's only like 4 types of characters here, a DPS, healer, shielder or healer. But saying that is a few steps off from saying gamble more so I'm conflicted.

It's a huge pain in the rear end to build new characters

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Everett False posted:

I got a sacred ibis the first time I tried with Kirara, absolutely effortless, I feel so goddamn stupid. I've been trying for weeks!

This still doesn't help with my falcon shooting problem but I've been told if I get Yoimiya she's got homing arrows that will help me kill birds?? I'm doubtful but I guess I'll pull on her next time if it brings me even a little closer to filling out my archive.

The falcons circling in the sky are too fast for her homing arrows sadly. I found blind fire and praying the only way to hit those bastards.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Valleyant posted:

It's a huge pain in the rear end to build new characters
Mainly if you don't already have a big pile of all the different ascension/talent/gem materials laying around, which typically rears its head if you're either a newer player, or it's a new region.

It's the absolute worst if you also need to farm a specific artifact set with specific stats for them (cough:wanderer:cough), which doesn't fall under one of the existing "general purpose" sets.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just local ascension mats are annoying as hell

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Artifacts will always be the worst to me, since most other stuff with a character you know will be done within a week (and I have plenty of fragiles saved).

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If you're lazy about farming up things regularly like me a new character is always a pain no matter what really.

I think this is like the first time I've actually done some pre farming for a character getting ready for Baizhu.

And now I'm volunteering at a convention until like Monday so rip.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Endorph posted:

just local ascension mats are annoying as hell

Also fighting the same drat boss like 40 times I just want to build Kokomi stop making me fight this boring rear end cube

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh right, the preview also spoils stuff. Weeks of skittering around plot leaks for nothing :dumb:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just give me Venti already, stupid wishes.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Some nice incoming QOL updates with the weekly boss access, quest activation, and notification stuff.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

sushibandit posted:

Some nice incoming QOL updates with the weekly boss access, quest activation, and notification stuff.

Are we finally going to be able to walk around an area without accidentally triggering a quest if we don't want to?

It's very annoying to be in the middle of something and then accidentally trigger like a character quest you didn't know was in the area

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

There is too much loving poo poo in this game. They need to cut mats and boss fights in half

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Especially after Star Rail made it so buttery smooth to get someone up. Talent mats not just being present every single day, how much you have to fight the level up bosses, it's all so annoying, it makes me hate getting new characters in Genshin.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Eimi posted:

Especially after Star Rail made it so buttery smooth to get someone up. Talent mats not just being present every single day, how much you have to fight the level up bosses, it's all so annoying, it makes me hate getting new characters in Genshin.

Also not only are the mats not present every day, there's a different domain for every region, and will continue to be so in perpetuity, so now when you have to get materials for one of the, what, ~70 characters, you either wait until Sunday or you're subject to date-and-place for each of them.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

At least getting Furina will make me happy

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Eimi posted:

The falcons circling in the sky are too fast for her homing arrows sadly. I found blind fire and praying the only way to hit those bastards.

:qq:

This is a better way to find out than after pulling on her next banner, I guess.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/Genshin_7/status/1720414468809920595

Funny, the JP twitter account for Genshin also had a seperate announcement for Skirk and it racked up another 150K likes in about 5 hours. The English one had nothing though. I haven't had a chance to read their feedback but I think this character is going to be much better received design wise in Asia then over here somehow. I think theres just a bit of a wide gulf in what people think of as this powerful master type character maybe. Like NA wants someone that looks like Baiken from Guilty Gear for that role probably.

Also I get the sense that some people with leaks have it all wrong and this is going to be Furinas finest hour in the long run where she hikes up her socks and saves Fontaine instead of just talking smack and looking smug. We'll see....

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Are we finally going to be able to walk around an area without accidentally triggering a quest if we don't want to?
It's very annoying to be in the middle of something and then accidentally trigger like a character quest you didn't know was in the area
From the broadcast it sounded like unlocking a character quest via key and activating that quest to be tracked are going to be two different steps now, so yes, at least for that type of quest.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Eimi posted:

I feel like there's a nice tall peak in the chasm that's slightly easier than the previous "good" spot to shoot down the birds, which was somewhere in liyue?

Please tell me there's just that one achievement and I don't have to spend another 20 minutes mashing L1 to try and shoot down another bird.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Zenostein posted:

I feel like there's a nice tall peak in the chasm that's slightly easier than the previous "good" spot to shoot down the birds, which was somewhere in liyue?

Please tell me there's just that one achievement and I don't have to spend another 20 minutes mashing L1 to try and shoot down another bird.

Only if you want to fill out your archive where you have to get a kill on every single type of thing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

so did we get no codes for this stream?

also is skirk the name of a real character? I cant tell

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Meowywitch posted:

so did we get no codes for this stream?

also is skirk the name of a real character? I cant tell
Skirk is a real character name, but you'd only know that if you'd gone through Childe's friendship lines.

Not sure if we're still in the window, but the codes were posted:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

they do in fact stil work

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I was expecting something like FGO Scathach, and instead it's... Jingliu's Canadian cousin.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Traveller posted:

I was expecting something like FGO Scathach, and instead it's... Jingliu's Canadian cousin.

It's the same voice actor in Japanese. They seem to like Skirk a lot more over than over here.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

It's the same voice actor in Japanese. They seem to like Skirk a lot more over than over here.

? Skirk is voiced by Noto Mamiko ie. Durandul. Jingliu is Kuwashima Houko. Unless Noto voices Scathach i don't play that game.

Notably she also voices everyone's favorite Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss, Genocide, Gundam mom, Lady Prospera.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Eimi posted:

? Skirk is voiced by Noto Mamiko ie. Durandul. Jingliu is Kuwashima Houko. Unless Noto voices Scathach i don't play that game.

Notably she also voices everyone's favorite Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss, Genocide, Gundam mom, Lady Prospera.

She does voice Scathach, yes

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

Funny, the JP twitter account for Genshin also had a seperate announcement for Skirk and it racked up another 150K likes in about 5 hours. The English one had nothing though. I haven't had a chance to read their feedback but I think this character is going to be much better received design wise in Asia then over here somehow. I think theres just a bit of a wide gulf in what people think of as this powerful master type character maybe. Like NA wants someone that looks like Baiken from Guilty Gear for that role probably.
Well, I wouldn't say no to hearing Mihoyo's answer to Mirror of the World.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 4, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Like many dumb people, I like calling Tighnari "Thighs".

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Go with the hard g and pronounce him Tigger.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Me mate Tizza.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Oh my god. The red eyes were throwing me off. Skirk is Benares.

I don't know if she will also be a dragon, but she's absolutely Bella. If she is a dragon poo poo gets VERY interesting.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
One of these days I'm just going to dive in Hoyo lore just so I can follow along with everything.

Are there any good lore channels on YT worth looking into like with FromSoft games? The Genshin channels I mostly ever see are either shorts channels like m1s3n or team build videos (which I'm not interested in)

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

One of these days I'm just going to dive in Hoyo lore just so I can follow along with everything.

Are there any good lore channels on YT worth looking into like with FromSoft games? The Genshin channels I mostly ever see are either shorts channels like m1s3n or team build videos (which I'm not interested in)

For Genshin Lore, Ashikai and Chill With Aster are good, along with CatWithTheBlueHat if you don't mind subtitles.
This is still mostly speculation and side information and not necessary to follow things.

For Honkai Impact lore, if there's a channel besides Homulabs I'd love to hear about it, something about him is a bit dry to me. There's also Hoyostans if you don't mind a website instead of video. But Honkai Impact lore links to Genshin are EVEN MORE speculation and EVEN LESS necessary for Genshin Impact. Still fun though. I think I'd also recommend some effortposts in this thread by Archonex and Kale, whose :words: got me :allears: enough to play HI3.

No links because phone posting while horribly tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Eimi posted:

Only if you want to fill out your archive where you have to get a kill on every single type of thing.

Oh good, no reason to trouble myself then.

Man, that domain event was awful. Love to watch my guy stand in place and get smacked a bit while the stupid qte loads, then continue to stand around for a bit afterwards.