Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Mikojan posted:

I was expecting a whole lot more

that was bad

the meat is coming in the campfire chat tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

There are leaks going around that the new class is "Spiritborn, who will wield a glaive as their primary weapon and draw their powers from the elements of nature." Which is incredibly lame if true

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

George H.W. oval office posted:

Let me have a fetish jump on my shoulders and spit fire

My toddler does this, new class is the dad gamer.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

ninjahedgehog posted:

There are leaks going around that the new class is "Spiritborn, who will wield a glaive as their primary weapon and draw their powers from the elements of nature." Which is incredibly lame if true

sounds like leakers taking the piss from the latest FF14 class reveal :v:

The D4 dev team is on an upward trajectory so pushing Rogue and Druid together and pretending that "new" beats "good" would be a depressing return to release date form.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

the most blizzard thing possible

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That name sounds so fake and out-of-sync with every other Diablo class that I don't think even Blizzard is capable of making it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Season 3 introducing weekly challenge dungeons called "The Gauntlet" and some new endgame activity called "Hall of Ancients."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

New class: Mameluke, purely ranged class able to attack via camelback.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The more I think about it, it would line up with the generously oversized amount of lore and effort they put into Act 5, the swamp and witch lore, and the Giant Snake. "Aspects of Nature" sounds too much like copying Druid but aspects of poison, shadow and the other side to sneak in a revived, less problematic Witch Doctor would fit the new expac area.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Tarnop posted:

the meat is coming in the campfire chat tomorrow

no way they are going to give any meaningful details about the expansion. If the camp fire chat is going to be all about the "winter event" I'm going to be severely dissapointed

making the snow area even more snowy and xmassy for a few weeks aint gonna cut it

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Mikojan posted:

no way they are going to give any meaningful details about the expansion. If the camp fire chat is going to be all about the "winter event" I'm going to be severely dissapointed

making the snow area even more snowy and xmassy for a few weeks aint gonna cut it

Expansion details aren't gonna happen, but some stuff on Season 3 would be nice

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I want a Butcher class where you start out as a lil spud and work your way up to a huge monster.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I can't wait to kill a giant Khazra Abomination wearing a bloody Santa hat on one horn.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Mikojan posted:

Oh right yeah, it'll be Season 3 stuff not expansion

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ninjahedgehog posted:

Almost definitely fake.

That same leak also said the next expansion was going to be called "Nahantu" and the new game mode was going to be WoW style raids.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

did they mention season 3? I must not have caught that

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Mikojan posted:

did they mention season 3? I must not have caught that

Yes, but literally the only thing they said was:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Season 3 introducing weekly challenge dungeons called "The Gauntlet" and some new endgame activity called "Hall of Ancients."

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

All the blizzcon stuff here

Hall of Ancients isn't a new type of content btw, it's just a hall of fame for the people who are at the top of the Gauntlet leaderboard each week

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 3, 2023

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
It better be rifts.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they need to make it so a helltide is active all the time like, tomorrow

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

It's interesting that they're referring to them as challenge dungeons. D3 has weekly Challenge Rifts that are basically a speed run of a fixed rift layout that you can try over and over to improve your time.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

unattended spaghetti posted:

It better be rifts.

Sounds similar to the D3 challenge rift.

Some kind of randomized dungeon run with a special gimmick that is fixed for the week and then changes next week.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Challenge rifts suck and everyone I know only does one at the start of a season because it bootstraps you with a cache full of mats and money. An insignificant amount once you're up and running but enough to give you a massive boost at the start

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
they're doing a christmas event but not a halloween one

ok

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Kaysette posted:

ok

Dracula was the Halloween event.

Evil Santa is the Christmas event.

Jews and fans of the Mummy/Wolfman lose out again.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

yo if the new "endgame activity with leaderboards in season 3" they've been teasing is legit just D3 style challenge rifts...that's gonna be disappointing as hell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New class will be a fetish shaman when you’re actually 2-3 fetishes on top of each other’s shoulders

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New class will be a fetish shaman when you’re actually 2-3 fetishes on top of each other’s shoulders

id play the gently caress out of that

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

It is kind of funny that the biggest event at Blizzcon is for WoW Classic and previewing things that were released 10 years ago.

WoW Classic is also rapidly catching up with retail and there will be some kind of disaster when the ouroboros forms and classic meets retail.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kaysette posted:

ok

I demand a demon turkey boss. This is thanksgiving erasure.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It is kind of funny that the biggest event at Blizzcon is for WoW Classic and previewing things that were released 10 years ago.

WoW Classic is also rapidly catching up with retail and there will be some kind of disaster when the ouroboros forms and classic meets retail.

I'be be surprised there will be any classic playerbase left by the time they get to WOD

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Wotlk is gonna be the stop for most of the players

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it makes me laugh that the only good stuff Blizzard is capable of releasing is just stuff they made a decade ago

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ehud posted:

yo if the new "endgame activity with leaderboards in season 3" they've been teasing is legit just D3 style challenge rifts...that's gonna be disappointing as hell

Yup. Even without the obvious boneheaded D3 decision of making you play someone else's character, running one fixed layout dungeon over and over for fastest completion would be poo poo and I really hope the naming similarity is coincidence

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

eonwe posted:

it makes me laugh that the only good stuff Blizzard is capable of releasing is just stuff they made a decade ago

D2r is actually, sick as hell, and they should just make it again in the d4 engine

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The challenge dungeons in D3 are such a small element of the game that I have to doubt that's what Blizzard meant to encapsulate their new exciting endgame activity. In CRs, you laugh at someone's horrible loadout once a week before collecting a pittance of crafting materials after 5 minutes. There has to be more to it than that, right?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tarnop posted:

Yup. Even without the obvious boneheaded D3 decision of making you play someone else's character, running one fixed layout dungeon over and over for fastest completion would be poo poo and I really hope the naming similarity is coincidence

I'm hoping that instead of a fixed layout with a beginning and end where you see how fast you can go, it's more like an endless dungeon mode, and your rank is determined by how far you get. You keep completing "waves" until you're overwhelmed or something.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

theres a good chance the D4 spaghetti is so bad they are spending untold amounts of dev time to coding in leaderboards and stash space

and no time was left to get anything else ready

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Man diablo x hades is right loving there. It'll never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ehud posted:

I'm hoping that instead of a fixed layout with a beginning and end where you see how fast you can go, it's more like an endless dungeon mode, and your rank is determined by how far you get. You keep completing "waves" until you're overwhelmed or something.

that would be dope, i love horde survival stuff.

i'm still surprised they didn't do more with pvp options since it's something actually fun in diablo immortal except for mobile game whales