Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I accidentally saw video on Twitter. It was not good.

Similar to your earlier post, that broke me. I don’t know how anyone can defend this poo poo. It’s incomprehensibly evil. Israel must be stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

You'd have to be a complete and utter loving fool to believe anything Israel says.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Orthanc6 posted:

IDF isn't even trying to hide it, their "spin" on this one is that Hamas was using the ambulances, so they bombed them. Which if I'm not mistaken, even if it was Hamas using the ambulances, it would still be a war crime:

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1720510816930157050?s=20

I have to say I'm morbidly happy that the IDF isn't even trying to deny that they bombed the hospital, except by very weakly saying "we were targeting the ambulance" parked outside the hospital. The gas lighting over the past few weeks was giving me anxiety.

Confirmation on the Jerusalem Post as well, where they're trying to spin it as "they totally got hamas terrorists, and those ambulances were full of weapons actually!!"

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/article-771619

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 3, 2023

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

You'd have to be a complete and utter loving fool to believe anything Israel says.

I don't think anyone - even ardent Zionists - actually believe this claim. It's just an excuse they can throw out in defense of another criminal act.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Awful but not particularly surprising given that they did the same thing during Operation Protective Edge (and Swords of Iron has been like Protective Edge x100 so far). The question will be whether they launch direct strikes to destroy Al-Shifa Hospital - I think it's highly likely since they've been laying the groundwork to do so by talking about how Hamas is operating out of it and how their tunnel network is all under it in the past few weeks. Things are probably going to get a lot worse.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Here's a joint statement by UNICEF/UNRWA/UNFPA/WHO that they just put out: https://www.unicef.org/press-releases/women-and-newborns-bearing-brunt-conflict-gaza-un-agencies-warn

Hopefully more national organizations keep up with these statements and can chip away at various countries' support of Israel in this.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Verisimilidude posted:

I have to say I'm morbidly happy that the IDF isn't even trying to deny that they bombed the hospital, except by very weakly saying "we were targeting the ambulance" parked outside the hospital. The gas lighting over the past few weeks was giving me anxiety.

Confirmation on the Jerusalem Post as well, where they're trying to spin it as "they totally got hamas terrorists, and those ambulances were full of weapons actually!!"

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/article-771619

Bombed what hospital? Bombing a hospital is mentioned nowhere in that tweet or in the link you provided. They talk about bombing a convoy of ambulances leaving the hospital.

Also, is it really so impossible that it was in fact full of weapons/Hamas? If I were Hamas, I'd probably use ambulances to move things around so as to not attract attention and deter strikes. That incentive seems pretty clear to me. I don't see the incentive for Israel to bomb ambulances carrying non-combatants or not carrying key infrastructure of Hamas, other than to terrorize the population. But given how many eyes are on this conflict I find it hard to believe that some IDF commander is calling shots like that. That's not to say that mistakes can't happen, and that sick and extreme people who hold sway over the lives of innocents don't exist. But I just can't see most IDF leaders waking up and going "ok let's bomb some drat ambulances today!" as a policy.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Pvt. Parts posted:

Bombed what hospital? Bombing a hospital is mentioned nowhere in that tweet or in the link you provided. They talk about bombing a convoy of ambulances leaving the hospital.

this is vile wtf

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pvt. Parts posted:

Also, is it really so impossible that it was in fact full of weapons/Hamas? If I were Hamas, I'd probably use ambulances to move things around so as to not attract attention and deter strikes. That incentive seems pretty clear to me. I don't see the incentive for Israel to bomb ambulances carrying non-combatants or not carrying key infrastructure of Hamas, other than to terrorize the population. But given how many eyes are on this conflict I find it hard to believe that some IDF commander is calling shots like that. That's not to say that mistakes can't happen, and that sick and extreme people who hold sway over the lives of innocents don't exist. But I just can't see most IDF leaders waking up and going "ok let's bomb some drat ambulances today!" as a policy.

Israel bombs ambulances so regularly Jenin had a horse sculpture made out of the wreckage of ambulances. Occupation forces destroyed the sculpture this week.

Also having seen video of the aftermath it's right at the hospital. There's absolutely zero way they could've known "Hamas" was in the ambulances. Stop posting.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Pvt. Parts posted:

This is absolutely demonic given the clear lies of the IDF and Israel so far in this conflict. This is nazi poo poo.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Pvt. Parts posted:

Are you loving for real with this poo poo? They bombed a clearly marked red crescent ambulance at the loving entrance to Al Shifa and you're going "well maybe they could have had weapons, maybe there were terrorists inside, i dunno maybe"

And you wonder why you were given that avatar.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 3, 2023

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Pvt. Parts posted:

But I just can't see most IDF leaders waking up and going "ok let's bomb some drat ambulances today!" as a policy.
I can see literally any of them doing that.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Pvt. Parts posted:

Hey look, you identified exactly what Israel is doing here!

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Pvt. Parts posted:

. I don't see the incentive for Israel to bomb ambulances carrying non-combatants or not carrying key infrastructure of Hamas, other than to terrorize the population. But given how many eyes are on this conflict I find it hard to believe that some IDF commander is calling shots like that. That's not to say that mistakes can't happen, and that sick and extreme people who hold sway over the lives of innocents don't exist. But I just can't see most IDF leaders waking up and going "ok let's bomb some drat ambulances today!" as a policy.

Because they can? And they want to? They can just say Hamas was there are rubes like you take it at face value.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

Pvt. Parts posted:

Civilians were obviously in those ambulances and were murdered in this. I don't give a gently caress if there actually happened to be weapons/Hamas personnel in these vehicles (which I doubt was even the case). This is a horrific thing for Israel to do.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Pvt. Parts posted:

you are a massive piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Halloween Jack posted:

I can see literally any of them doing that.

yes this appears to be what just happened actually

B B
Dec 1, 2005

It seems highly plausible to me that the IDF commanders who woke up and went "okay let's bomb a refugee camp today and the next day, too" are not above waking up and going "okay let's bomb some ambulances today."

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

punishedkissinger posted:

this is vile wtf

Nope, it's just basic reading comprehension, actually.

TGLT posted:

Are you loving for real with this poo poo? They bombed a clearly marked red crescent ambulance at the loving entrance to Al Shifa and you're going "well maybe they could have had weapons, maybe there were terrorists inside, i dunno maybe"

And you wonder why you were given that avatar.

You really think Hamas is looking to play by the rules, given how outgunned they are? Guerilla warfare is all about using every trick you have at your disposal to repel a superior foe.

edit

deadking posted:

you are a massive piece of poo poo

Sorry for trying to work through a complex topic in real time in the Debate and Discussion forum, dude. Thanks for stopping by!

Serotoning fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 3, 2023

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
There were kids in the ambulance; is the claim that this was Take Your Child To Work Day at Hamas Inc. (Located beneath the hospital that Israel really wants to bomb)?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Pvt. Parts posted:

You really think Hamas is looking to play by the rules, given how outgunned they are? Guerilla warfare is all about using every trick you have at your disposal to repel a superior foe.

You're a piece of poo poo. There's no argument to be had here, you're just a stupid piece of poo poo. You can go for yourself right now and see the aftermath of the IDF bombing a clearly marked ambulance in front of a clearly marked hospital, packed full of people, but at this point I'm gonna guess you could watch an IDF soldier shoot a six year old and still turn around and claim the kid was secretly the commander of Hamas.

Since, y'know, you just watched them bomb a bunch of people including children and you're just nodding along.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Pvt. Parts posted:

Sorry for trying to work through a complex topic in real time in the Debate and Discussion forum, dude. Thanks for stopping by!

This isn't complex if you have even 5% of a soul. Instead, you are a nazi-tier piece of poo poo doing apologetics for the bombing of an AMBULANCE. Is there a bridge too far where Israel would lose your support?

Don't bother answering that, the answer is no. Demon.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Pvt. Parts posted:

Also, is it really so impossible that it was in fact full of weapons/Hamas? If I were Hamas, I'd probably use ambulances to move things around so as to not attract attention and deter strikes. That incentive seems pretty clear to me.

This is speculation. Without support, I think the reasonable approach is to assume as a starting point that ambulances are actually ambulances.

The onus on proving otherwise should be on the party that made the decision to bomb ambulances. Given their repeatedly demonstrated willingness to simply lie or even actively create disinformation, the word of the IDF or the Israeli government is not sufficient, in my opinion.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Pvt. Parts posted:

If hamas is in fact hiding in ambulances, the solution is not to blow up every ambulance. No one is being forced to murder children

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

There were kids in the ambulance; is the claim that this was Take Your Child To Work Day at Hamas Inc. (Located beneath the hospital that Israel really wants to bomb)?

Those kids could have been full of bomb! You don't know!

...loving hell.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Pvt. Parts posted:

edit

gently caress you, you evil genocide-supporting gently caress

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Randalor posted:

Those kids could have been full of bomb! You don't know!

...loving hell.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1720518481454498069

Understandable; the micro-terrorists had yet to grow old enough to become affiliated with anything...those wily bastards.

I don't have a serious response to "what if the hospital and ambulance are terror bases of operational terror" except for:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1718800228697198656

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Pvt. Parts posted:

Lol are you really asking for proper distinction between "directly in front of the hospital entrance" and "the hospital"?

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

Pvt. Parts posted:

But I just can't see most IDF leaders waking up and going "ok let's bomb some drat ambulances today!" as a policy.

That has historically been the American and IDF policy.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dubar posted:

If hamas is in fact hiding in ambulances, the solution is not to blow up every ambulance. No one is being forced to murder children

Like seriously, doesn't Israel have these super loving commandos we keep hearing about? You think if you're trying to kill or capture a single guy, you'd just risk a bunch of squaddies to stop an ambulance and haul off with the guy.

It's like that the goal isn't to stop terrorists, it's to blow up ambulances.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
If all you have to do to avoid it being a war crime is say "I think there was a terrorist in that ambulance / hospital / park / refugee camp / school", then there's no such thing as a war.crime any more.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

DeadlyMuffin posted:

This is speculation. Without support, I think the reasonable approach is to assume as a starting point that ambulances are actually ambulances.

The onus on proving otherwise should be on the party that made the decision to bomb ambulances. Given their repeatedly demonstrated willingness to simply lie or even actively create disinformation, the word of the IDF or the Israeli government is not sufficient, in my opinion.

Yes, I wouldn't claim it is anything but. Considering we are various degrees of half a world away and in the middle of a rather apparent (mis)information war, speculation seems rather unavoidable.

TGLT posted:

You're a piece of poo poo. There's no argument to be had here, you're just a stupid piece of poo poo. You can go for yourself right now and see the aftermath of the IDF bombing a clearly marked ambulance in front of a clearly marked hospital, packed full of people, but at this point I'm gonna guess you could watch an IDF soldier shoot a six year old and still turn around and claim the kid was secretly the commander of Hamas.

Since, y'know, you just watched them bomb a bunch of people including children and you're just nodding along.

Nah, definitely not nodding along. War is horrific, period. It's also complex, and I won't pretend to have all the answers, but I do think there are layers worth peeling back beyond "ambulance was blown up, therefore inexcusable". Depending on what was happening inside the ambulance, it absolutely can be excusable in a war zone. If Hamas knew that ambulance = invincible then what do you as an IDF commander just let them play that card over and over? If I had good intel, which is key, I would absolutely not hesitate to disarm the enemy through such a disguise. Similarly, if I were Hamas, I would use any available means to hide my operations and create the most "optically suicidal" targets possible for my enemy to attack. I'm not even saying one side is morally above another in this case, this is just what I deem to be good, obvious strategy.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Tai posted:

O well, doesn't look like Hezbollah is going in to help Gaza out by clowning on IDF. Bummer

Don't worry, twitter told me that they are gonna unleash the rockets of doom and destroy isreal any hour now

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
It’s really not that complex. Bombing ambulances is not okay and anyone suggesting it’s okay in any circumstances is an irredeemable piece of poo poo. Go gently caress yourself genocidal freak.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Pvt. Parts posted:

Yes, I wouldn't claim it is anything but. Considering we are various degrees of half a world away and in the middle of a rather apparent (mis)information war, speculation seems rather unavoidable.

Nah, definitely not nodding along. War is horrific, period. It's also complex, and I won't pretend to have all the answers, but I do think there are layers worth peeling back beyond "ambulance was blown up, therefore inexcusable". Depending on what was happening inside the ambulance, it absolutely can be excusable in a war zone. If Hamas knew that ambulance = invincible then what do you as an IDF commander just let them play that card over and over? If I had good intel, which is key, I would absolutely not hesitate to disarm the enemy through such a disguise. Similarly, if I were Hamas, I would use any available means to hide my operations and create the most "optically suicidal" targets possible for my enemy to attack. I'm not even saying one side is morally above another in this case, this is just what I deem to be good, obvious strategy.

Stop trying to justify murdering civilians.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

There are ways to disarm 6 dudes in a van besides dismembering everyone in an area

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Pvt. Parts posted:

So to be clear, you're saying, "It is good strategy to bomb hospitals and ambulances."

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Pvt. Parts posted:

You're a miserable ghoul trying to justify bombing ambulances and civilians.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If the ambulance was a secret Hamas APC it would not have produced dead children, and if it needed to be bombed, it could have been targeted in transit instead of at a hospital.

These are all post-hoc rationalizations because IDF command did wake up and decide to bomb a hospital, and you cannot seriously engage with them in good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pvt. Parts posted:

Oh, I see, the magic words aren't "I thought there were terrorists in there", it's "I had good intel that there were terrorists in there."

Silly us, that makes the IDF pure and blameless in all of this!

gently caress off.