Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

DisgracelandUSA posted:

$1 says they check the gear you're wearing but not the gear in your inventory.

you lose a dollar then!

cause you can't go into normal with a coin purse now, since purses are now legendary, and you get the warning for having greater-than-blue if you have one lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Tempora Mutantur posted:

you lose a dollar then!

cause you can't go into normal with a coin purse now, since purses are now legendary, and you get the warning for having greater-than-blue if you have one lol

Apparently this also creates a soft lock situation where if your stash is filled with coin purses and you have 1 in your inventory, but not enough money to trade or enter high roller, you're effectively unable to do anything with the character. Because you can't sell purses.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Apparently this also creates a soft lock situation where if your stash is filled with coin purses and you have 1 in your inventory, but not enough money to trade or enter high roller, you're effectively unable to do anything with the character. Because you can't sell purses.

fuckin beautiful

for real though, I love everything ironmace has done. game is probably in the best state it's ever been. can't wait to see the new map and whatever the training content is once it drops.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Was doing in crypts as ranger with my bard friend
I brought in a big boy kit with blue longbow +9 weapon damage +5 additional phys. Got bum rushed by some greys, rogue, wizard fighter after we cleared the pyramid room. 1 shot the fighter as he charged across the pyramid; the mage tried to shoot magic missiles and gave me.plenty of time to pop his head. The rogue snuck up on me and started stabbing me before I bonked him once in the head and he went down.

Triple kill, it feels good to be part of the problem :smugdog:

The. I got 1-sshot by a red skeleton crossbowman while opening my blue portal :cripes:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Trade it away

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

So, has the future of this game stabilized? Will it ever get back on steam?

If I buy this game will my credit card be stolen and used in some eastern european country?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

It should be safe to buy, if nothing else, since they use Xsolla for transaction purposes which far as I can tell isn't a russian scam processor. I don't think there's been much news on the legal battle for awhile though.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Busters posted:

So, has the future of this game stabilized? Will it ever get back on steam?

If I buy this game will my credit card be stolen and used in some eastern european country?

use darkanddarker.com instead of the third party they worked with, less bullshit that way (and uses xsolla as mentioned)

future-wise, unknown, no guarantee they don't shut it down tomorrow due to court stuff or it survives for decades, so it's down to what $35-50 USD is worth to you for anywhere from a few hours to ??? of gametime while they make balance changes during EA

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

For those that aren’t following closely, there will be a wipe tomorrow and a tournament on Friday. Early-wipe is generally a better time to get into the game, but the community is getting advanced at developing a “meta”. Most recently the meta has developed where you stack + weapon damage or + magic damage. This can make a tremendous difference in pvp. If you’re just starting and you find great with +2/+3 magic or weapon damage, you might save it in your stash until you can assemble a full set. It would ease the burden of entry if they remove this- will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow with the patch notes.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Wipe can't come soon enough. Particularly once it was announced, crypts lobbies have become too difficult with usually 2+ groups of geared / hyper heard goruos running some buff ball ({clr/brd/wiz} +{fight/barb}) and it's hard to not get wiped in the final melee or find enough portals to get out before that. We've been having a lot more fun in ruins where you can reasonably avoid people and the competition isn't quite so stiff; had a game with me as slayer, friend as cleric where we grabbed 8 kills before extracting :black101:

Bets on whether this gonna be the wipe where they try trade vs no trade?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
there was also a Q&A on discord a few days ago with the lead dev:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HrFdCBAy5GtzSkM7Hy0_EE0YBGiq1w0ywQEh2DOs_wU/edit#heading=h.tzc19tcrusgq

also announced that they will be moving to a larger office space at the end of November and thus be able to hire more staff.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I do hope they figure out a healthier form of equipment modifiers/stats before too long, the current meta of "additional damage/weapon damage above all" is really uninteresting to interact with.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #18**
@everyone, We will be doing the hotfix #18 update starting at <t:1698354000>.
When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time.
Players in a match or in-game will have 30 minutes to complete the match and exit safely.
The server will return to full service 4 hours after the patch starts.

During maintenance, all services, including the website, may be temporarily suspended to update various servers.

**Patch Notes:**
- Fixed an issue where Arcane Shield could not reactivate.
- Fixed an issue where Smokepot was malfunctioning.
- Fixed an issue where Smite could be applied twice.
- Fixed an issue where more additional damage than intended was being applied when calculating magic damage.
- Other minor bugs have been fixed.
- Blow of Corruption's duration after activation has been reduced from 12 → 8 seconds.
- Blow of Corruption’s additional magic damage reduced from 20 → 15.
- Ranger's default arrows increased from 30 → 40.
- Random modifiers for items have been changed.
- Certain item modifiers now only appear on certain parts.
- Certain item modifiers do not appear together.
- Item rarity is now displayed in item information panel.
- Bandages and Potions stack to x3 in inventory and stash.
- Most craft items now stack in the inventory and stash.
- Gold Bag capacity increased from 500 → 1000 gold coins.
- Gold Chest capacity increased from 3,000 → 10,000 gold coins.
- Added equip time for Crossbows.
- Arrows now stack up to 20.
- The damage of Crossbow and Longbow has been reduced.
- Alchemist and Surgeon no longer sell out of health potions and bandages.
- Crystal Ball is now sold by the Fortune Teller.
- You can sell coin purses and coin bags to merchants.
- Fixed location escape/down portals added to the Crypt for testing.
- Inferno play time has been increased by 2 minutes.
- Loot drops have been rebalanced. There will now be less loot drops overall.
- Additional stash space can be rented. This feature is temporary.
- The leaderboard will now remain visible until the next season's rankings begin.
- To avoid potential abuse, all players ranked in the top 100 after the leaderboard ends will receive decay points equal to the length of the leaderboard dates. Players who start the leaderboards from day 1 will not receive any additional decay once the leaderboard has finished.

**Developer Comments:**
We have completed hotfix #18 including a wipe of all items and gold. We needed to wipe the items and gold since we wanted to test a large rebalance to our random modifier system.
We were not satisfied with the previous implementation of the random modifier system for multiple reasons. We believed it added too much RNG, made balancing the game untenable due to the extremes, and provided false variety to the game by encouraging less diversity as certain modifiers were too overpowered.
Internally we had discussed completely removing the random modifiers from the game, but decided to give it one more chance with a revamped system. We have significantly reduced the amount of damage stacking that is possible and have reduced the randomness of the system by having modifiers tied to specific slots. If we decide that we cannot make this system work, we will replace it when we have a new system ready.
After the last wipe we opened the floodgates to an abundance of gold to push the limits of the economy. That experiment helped us realize that the limited stash served as a big hinderance to players. This time we will be experimenting with additional stash sizes to alleviate some of those issues.
We have also added fixed portals to both the normal and High Roller Crypts to experiment with giving players additional strategies outside of simply following the Dark Swarm.
We hope that with this hotfix we can start focusing on making more content rather than just balancing. We have high hopes that these changes will provide good data as we prepare the more content rich Patch #2 scheduled for mid-November. Thank you once again for all your support!

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

We'll have to see what it looks like in practice, but I'm a fan of the changes to equipment modifiers. I wonder if the reduced loot will actually encourage well geared players to go to HR, I'm going to assume "no".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

So do we think they're reverting that tomorrow night or Monday

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Depends on how hard the Twitch streamers complain about it I guess.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Got the first stash upgrade by grinding goblin dungeons. Ran into tons of cowards teaming, even in groups of up to 4. Such rats.

It's 3K for the first page, 10k for the second. That is insane and makes no sense. People will just mule on other chars/accounts if the cost is so prohibitively expensive, plus there is no indication of how long the stash upgrades will even last.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

Got the first stash upgrade by grinding goblin dungeons. Ran into tons of cowards teaming, even in groups of up to 4. Such rats.

It's 3K for the first page, 10k for the second. That is insane and makes no sense. People will just mule on other chars/accounts if the cost is so prohibitively expensive, plus there is no indication of how long the stash upgrades will even last.

To be fair 13k gold costs like $12 mid wipe on some gold selling sites so I assume a lot of people who want to play pseudo-legit will buy gold, unlock stash space and then just continue on like normal. The sad reality of gaming these days is it's dominated by RMT.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

3k gold for doubled stash space isn't that unreasonable, 10k is utterly insane though. I assume they'll stick around until the next wipe?

I think I like this patch the more I play it, though loot could probably stand to be slightly un-nerfed in drop rates.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Big update today

**NEW RACE ADDED**
- A new Lizardmen race has been added and can be unlocked for either 4 Blue Stone Shards or 4 Red Stone Shards. The race is available in three different colors Red, Blue, or Green. Lizardmen have a slightly flatter and elongated head requiring the normal head hitbox to angle forward to match the model. Due to their unusual head orientation, Lizardmen cannot wear any head armor and instead receive an innate +15 armor rating from their leathery scales. This is our first foray attempting to balance a race with a different hitbox. The values of the race stats maybe updated for balance sake. Our hope is if this goes according to plan then we can start experimenting with more daring fantasy races like Dwarves.

**LOOT AND EQUIPMENT UPDATES**
- The drop rate for uncommon and rare items in Normal Dungeons has been improved especially for sub-bosses and higher end chests.
- The amount of treasures that can drop from chests in all dungeons has been improved.
- Improved the drops for the Royal Coffins.
- Slightly improved the drops for the Stone Tombs.
- Clarity Potions no longer drop as loot in the dungeons.
- Weapon damage scaling as weapons improve in rarity has been improved. Crossbows, throwable weapons, and magical weapons are exempt from this change.
- Weapon damage has been increased for daggers, swords, bows, and polearms.
- WarMaul damage and armor penetration has been reduced.
- The Battle Axe, Viking Sword, and Kris Dagger attack animations have been updated.
- Buckler Impact Resistance upgraded from 4 to 6. Yes, the buckler can now block a non-Crush War Maul if you want to risk it.
- Lute now gives Knowledge as a primary stat starting from ‘Poor’ quality.
- Flute now gives Agility as a primary stat starting from 'Poor' quality.
- Lyre now gives Resourcefulness as a primary stat starting from ‘Poor’ quality.
- Northern Full Tunic armor rating reduced.
- Padded Tunic armor rating reduced and movement speed penalty slightly increased.
- Regal Gambeson armor rating slightly reduced and move speed penalty slightly increased.
- Gjermandbu, Barbuta Helm, and Viking Helm armor rating reduced.
- Armet gives Strength instead of Resourcefulness.
- Wanderers Outfit gives Agility instead of Knowledge.
- Doublet gives Agility instead of Knowledge and movement speed penalty slightly increased.
- Occultist Hood gives Magical Healing instead of Magical Resist.
- Wizard Hat gives Magical Power instead of Magical Resist.
- Wizard Shoe gives Magical Power instead of Magical Resist.
- Dread Hood now gives 15% Buff Duration bonus.

**Random Modifier improvements:**
- Minimum Action Speed: 0.1% → 0.5%.
- Minimum Armor Rating: 1 → 2.
- Minimum Move speed add: 1 → 2.
- Minimum Spell Casting Speed: 0.1% casting speed → 0.5% min.
- Buff duration: 1-3% & 2-5% → 3-5% & 5-10%.
- Regular Interaction Speed: 1-3% & 2-5% → 5-7.5% & 10-15%.
- Magical Interaction Speed: 1-3% & 2-5% → 5-7.5% & 10-15%.
- Fixed an issue where the debuff duration bonus option was being applied in reverse.

**CLASS ATTRIBUTES, PERKS, and SKILLS**
- Spell count recharge when resting significantly improved. Recharge interval reduced from 3s → 2s, and the amount of spell cost gained upgraded from 8 → 17.
- Fighter's Adrenaline Spike Perk activation point changed from when remaining health reaches below 15% -> below 40%.
- Fighter's Adrenaline Spike duration changed from 8s → 12s.
- Fighter's Adrenaline Rush debuff duration has been changed from 4s → 2s.
- Fighter's Taunt now also grants 10% magical damage reduction bonus in addition to the original physical damage reduction bonus.
- Barbarian's Carnage now grants +75 Armor Rating for 7 seconds instead of +10 Strength after a target is killed.
- Barbarian's Axe Specialization now increases weapon damage by +3 instead of 10% Physical Damage Bonus.
- Barbarian's Achilles Strike debuff duration on the target increased from 2s → 4s.
- Barbarian's Blood Exchange duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds, and life steal amount increased from 5% to 15%.
- Barbarian's Life Siphon has been renamed to War Sacrifice. Now costs 10% of maximum health as a life sacrifice over 8 seconds and increases all attributes by 4 → 5.
- Rogue's Hand Crossbow Mastery perk also increases crossbow weapon damage by +2.
- Rogue's Double Jump perk no longer confers a landing penalty, but instead grants a -20 movement speed penalty when the perk is equipped.
- Rogue's Weakpoint Attack skill’s debuff duration has been reduced from 4s → 3s, and armor rating reduction on the target has been increased from 30% → 40%.
- Rogue's Cut Throat cooldown changed from 28s → 14s.
- Ranger's Ranged Weapon Mastery perk physical damage bonus increased from 5% → 10%.
- Ranger's Crippling Shot perk now has the additional movement speed penalty applied to the target increased to 25% instead of 15% when shooting a target's legs.
- Cleric's secondary default weapon changed from Wizard Staff to Spellbook.
- Cleric's Lesser Healing spell count amount changed from 4 → 3, casting time slightly increased from 1s → 1.25s.
- Cleric's Holy Strike now has a 0.5 second delay before dealing damage.
- Cleric’s Holy Light spell count amount 4 → 3, casting time increased from 2s → 2.5s, and heal base decreased from 30 → 25.
- Cleric’s Earthquake spell count amount decreased from 2 → 1.
- Cleric’s Locusts Swarm spell count amount decreased from 2 → 1.
- Wizard's Haste no longer grants movement speed bonus, but instead increases spell casting speed bonus by 12%.
- Wizard's Invisibility now leaves an afterimage every 1.5 seconds.
- Bard’s base attributes updated. Strength 14 → 13, Will 7 → 8.
- Bard's Encore skill now plays the next song at the maximum song playing speed.
- Bard’s Shriek of Weakness AOE range changed from 300/450/600 → 300/300/300.
- Bard’s Song of Silence AOE range changed from 300/450/600 → 300/300/300, and now only silences all enemies instead of everyone.
- Bard’s Chorale of Clarity spell recharge interval changed from 3s → 2s, amount changed from 8 → 17.
- The Luck value given by Bard's Wanderer's Luck has been changed from 100 → 50.
- The cost of all spells used by the Warlock has been reduced.
- Warlock's Torture Mastery now doubles the cost of the spell.

**ADDITIONAL UPDATES**
- Updated the amount of players and portals for each locale.
- Goblin Caves set for 7 players and now has 4 escape portals and 1 fixed escape.
- Ruins set for 16 players and now has 12 escape portals.
- Howling Crypts set for 18 players and now has 10 escape portals and 3 fixed escapes. Also has 4 down portals and 3 fixed down locations. The fixed down locations can be used by multiple players and do not close.
- Inferno set for 15 players and now has 7 escape portals.
- Proximity VoIP has been disabled and all player names are hidden during the Base Camp phase of the game.
- Shrine of Protection’s Physical Damage Reduction buff reduced from 15% → 5% and Magical Damage Reduction buff reduced from 20% → 5%.
- Shrine of Power’s Physical Power buff reduced from 30 → 15.
- Fountain of Speed’s Movespeed buff reduced from 50 → 10.

Hello Adventurers, with hotfix #18 we were able to establish a good baseline for the balance of the game. We had to strip back some of the diversity of gameplay to get to this point, but this necessary step has helped us gain a better understanding of the complexities of our systems.

Using this knowledge, hotfix #19 is our initial step at rebuilding greater diversity in playstyles, including major updates to the classes and a rework of several perks and skills. This is only the first pass in our goal to add more variety to building your characters and we will continue to adjust items and add more content each update.

Other issues we’ve tried to address in hotfix #19 are the unsatisfying loot and the buffball meta. We have now improved the quality and amount of loot in the dungeons. Although epic items will still be extremely rare in the ‘Normal’ dungeons, you can expect to see a lot more uncommon and rare items, especially from high end chests again. We are also not done experimenting and have made some drastic changes such as the temporary removal of clarity potions as lootdrops, in our hopes of addressing the buffball meta. We will continue to monitor this situation and adjust as needed.

Establishing this baseline has also enabled us to confidently focus on designing larger content features which we will start rolling out with EA Patch #2 in a couple weeks. We appreciate your patience in this rollercoaster ride and thank you for your support.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I guess they decided to just delete double jump at this point, -20 movement speed at all times is utterly insane.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Einwand posted:

I guess they decided to just delete double jump at this point, -20 movement speed at all times is utterly insane.

Yeah, that's pretty wild. The cleric nerfs are okay I think, but starting with a spell book? :swoon:

Everything else seems fun, seems like it'll be a cool 2 weeks.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Goblin caves feel awful this patch, it's almost exclusively slayer fighters running around two shotting most classes with falchions at insane attack speeds and barbs abusing achilles + blood exchange to be functionally immortal in a 1v1.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I’ve seen a lot of rogues bringing purples and even orange weapons into goblin caves.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, tried it last night, lost all fights I got into except for one naked rear end bard. Switched to ruins for my solo farming.

Bad a bunch of good fights in crypts as a 3 man. Outplayed a few times, got outplayed a few times, but more often than not we got 3rd partied / rolled into after we won a fight and got cleaned up. Loot seems a little better. Slayer fighter is a little strong, cleric nerfs feel bad (but probably necessary), and barb life leech thing is pretty nutty. Wizards on life support.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Loot feels like it's in a good in between spot from patch 2 and the previous hotfix, the balance since the removal of super stacking damage is an absolute mess though.
Wizard's in an awful spot but at least they fixed intense focus?

Einwand fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 3, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Patch Notes:
Fixed an issue where vendors were selling bolts in packs of 15 for 20 gold.
Fixed several cases where items could disappear from the inventory when network conditions are poor.
Fixed an issue where utility items would arbitrarily appear in the hand when equipped.
Fixed an issue where Adrenaline Spike would not activate properly.
Fixed an issue where Hand Crossbow Mastery did not apply the additional damage properly.
Barbarian's Blood Exchange recovery rate per hit has been reduced from 15% → 10%.
Barbarian's Blood Exchange maximum health reduction rate for 8 seconds has been changed from -25% → -30%.
Barbarian's Blood Exchange skill tier has been changed from 1 → 5. It will now take longer to recover the skill at a campfire.
Barbarian's Achilles Strike duration changed from 4s → 2.5s.
Fighter's Adrenaline Rush action speed increase changed from 25% → 15%.
Fighter's Dual Wield action speed increase changed from 15% → 10%.
Fighter's Second Wind health recovery amount has been changed from 50% → 40% of maximum health.
Fighter's Second Wind skill tier has been changed from 6 → 5.
Fighter's Perfect Block has been changed to greatly improve the impact power of a block/parry for 6 seconds after activation instead of for just one block.
Fighter's Perfect Block cooldown changed from 12s → 24s.
Ranger's Crippling Shot movement speed reduction has been changed from -25% to -35%.
Wizard's Fire Mastery now works properly with Zap and Ignite.
Wizard's Fire Mastery now reduces the amount of healing received by burned enemies by 50%.
Wizard's Haste now grants 5% movement speed bonus, 10% action speed bonus, and 10% casting speed bonus.
Cleric's Locust Swarm channeling time changed from 8s -> 6s.
Cleric's Locust Swarm attribute bonus ratio changed from 0.5 → 1.0.
Cleric's Earthquake channeling time changed from 8s -> 6s.
Cleric's Earthquake damage per step changed from 10 → 7.
Bard's Song of Silence range increased from 300/300/300 → 450/450/450.
Bard's Song of Silence duration changed from 2s/4s/6s → 1s/1.5s/2s.
Bard's Shriek of Weakness range increased from 300/300/300 → 450/450/450.
Bard's Piercing Shrill range changed from 300/450/600 → 450/450/450.
Bard's Piercing Shrill damage changed from 15/20/25 → 10/15/20.
Bard's Piercing Shrill attribute ratio bonus changed from 0.1/0.3/0.5 → 1.0/1.0/1.0. Physical damage upgrades give significantly more damage than before.
Bard's Din of Darkness now also displays an area when the effect occurs.
Bard's Din of Darkness range changed from 300/450/600 → 450/450/450.
Bard's Din of Darkness damage changed from 1/3/5 → 3/4/5.
Bard's Din of Darkness attribute ratio bonus changed from 0.06/0.09/0.12 → 0.3/0.3/0.3. Magical damage upgrades gives more damage than before.
Warlock's Evil Eye cost changed from 3 → 1.
Warlock's Hellfire cost changed from 10 → 4.
Warlock's Life Drain cost changed from 5 → 4.
Warlock's Curse of Pain cost changed from 5 → 3.
Warlock's Ray of Darkness cost changed from 5 → 4.
Warlock's Ray of Darkness damage per second changed from 7 → 6.
Warlock's Ray of Darkness damage tick cycle changed from 0.2s → 0.1s.
Warlock's Ray of Darkness attribute ratio bonus changed from 0.5 → 1.0.

Developer Comments:
Hotfix #20 is a continuation of our goal to rebuild the diversity of playstyle one by one. Now that we are more comfortable with the baseline balance, we are looking to slowly build up previously weakened skills and spells to give players more viable builds. This time we have also focused on the caster heavy classes with improvements to many of the lesser used spells and songs.
We are still plugging away on our major content update scheduled in a couple weeks. We plan to improve the out-of-dungeon progression and implement an improved matchmaking system for that major patch. We hope to announce more concrete features very soon. Thank you for your patience and support!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
also if you missed it there was a trailer for this released today, and it looks...decent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnMqJUec9fs

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

There was an interview posted that suggests the next wipe is next Wednesday (character level and inventory). If you experience more juiced out kill squads than normal that is why.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Honestly, the days leading to wipe are great imo. A lot of gear-fear timmies come out in their holy grail kits and it makes for gudfights.

My crew got tired of playing so I've been doing a lot of solo PVP in goblin caves as PDR fighter with both snowball kits and decent blue/purp kits. It's pretty good, I'm something like 20-3 or 4 across a couple dozen runs. Had some good fights, some closes
losses, some stupid losses and even a 5-kill run that I died to the swarm on :black101:

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Honestly, the days leading to wipe are great imo. A lot of gear-fear timmies come out in their holy grail kits and it makes for gudfights.

My crew got tired of playing so I've been doing a lot of solo PVP in goblin caves as PDR fighter with both snowball kits and decent blue/purp kits. It's pretty good, I'm something like 20-3 or 4 across a couple dozen runs. Had some good fights, some closes
losses, some stupid losses and even a 5-kill run that I died to the swarm on :black101:

Now is also a good time if you play solo to run hr crypts solo. I feel when the wipe comes that’s going to be my strategy (this wipe I built out a kit going from GC -> HR GC). The issue is GC/HRGC and ruins are so much more forced pvp that the risk is higher.

Only thing I can say as a random warning for HR Crypts is that I was fighting near pyramid room and somehow backpedaled/clipped through the wall and died to an invisible kill plane- but because it was HR I didn’t get on the kill feed!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Demon Of The Fall posted:

also if you missed it there was a trailer for this released today, and it looks...decent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnMqJUec9fs

Third person yuck

milkman dad posted:

Only thing I can say as a random warning for HR Crypts is that I was fighting near pyramid room and somehow backpedaled/clipped through the wall and died to an invisible kill plane- but because it was HR I didn’t get on the kill feed!

I fell through the world once.

https://streamable.com/pldwxr

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 16, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
HR is free until the update Wednesday and you can only take gray gear into the normal dungeons

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

HR is free until the update Wednesday and you can only take gray gear into the normal dungeons

It’s a good patch

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
yeah the lobby changes are loving fantastic, I hope they keep something similar to it. A good balance would be to make green gear max for normals and then HR can be blue and above and still be free

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

yeah the lobby changes are loving fantastic, I hope they keep something similar to it. A good balance would be to make green gear max for normals and then HR can be blue and above and still be free

I think they should make the cap white, make all equipment that is white available in the shop and cost zero gold, and do something to limit consumables (especially throwing daggers and axes).

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

milkman dad posted:

and do something to limit consumables (especially throwing daggers and axes).

they did, it's called running out of money to buy consumables :smuggo:

seriously though the changes shops never running out of health potions and bandages was such a great and needed change. losing stash space to holding meds was annoying, especially since you already have to store all the good meds if you don't want to trade for them.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
- Start of a new season, all character levels, gold, items, and triumph levels have been wiped. Bluestone Shards and shop cosmetic items are not wiped.
- New Quest System added to the Merchants.
- New merchant affinity system - improve your relationship with the merchants to unlock more items for sale, more craft items, and better prices.
- Adventure Title Ranked system for the High-Roller dungeons.
- Results window for the High-Roller dungeons.
- New Attributes - Vigor and Dexterity along with Health Recovery Bonus and Spell Recovery Bonus sub-attributes.
- All classes have had their base attributes rebalanced to include the new attributes.
- Several new items that confer the new attributes.
- Primary Stats of many items updated.
- Primary Stats of Cobalt and Rubysilver items updated.
- New Iron and Copper ore added.
- Ore Spawns have been updated.
- New Craft resources – Iron, Copper, and Silver ingots and powder.
- New Craft items added including Iron, Copper, and Golden crafted items.
- New Silver crafted weapons that give an ‘Undead Slaying’ bonus.
- Iron can be used to craft Throwing Knives, Francisca Axes, Hunting Traps, Lockpicks, and Trap Disarming Kits.
- Loot State is now displayed for items. Starter items start as ‘Supplied’. Items extracted from the dungeons for the first time appear as “Looted’. Items become ‘Handled’ once they are successfully brought in and extracted from a dungeon or traded. All ‘Handled’ items can now be placed in your stash.
- Bid adieu to Jack and welcome the return of Jolly Nicholas to the Merchants.
- Skill and perk descriptions have now been standardized.
- A ‘Player Statistics’ menu is available from the ‘Main Menu’.
- Elite Warlord added to the High-Roller Inferno.
- New Cyclops boss added to the Goblin Caves.
- The number of portals has been increased for the Goblin Caves.
- Visual improvements to the fixed portals and they now appear on the mini-map.
- Visual improvements to the female Elf head.
- Animations modified for the Lute, Kris Dagger, Magic Staff, and Crystal Sword.
- Two new emotes added – ‘Loser’ and ‘Money, Money, Money’.
- New Wizard spell - Explosion.
- Wizard's Fireball count has been lowered from 5 -> 4.
- Wizard's Magic Missile attribute bonus rate increased from 50% -> 100%
- Bard's Rousing Rhythms all attribute bonus has been changed to 1/2/3 -> 2/2/2.
- The Strength that can be obtained from all grades of Ale has been reduced.

Hi adventurers, thank you for joining us for Early Access Patch #2. This major update includes a full wipe of character levels, gold, items, and Triumph levels. All blue stone shards and shop cosmetic items are not wiped.

This update also introduces two major features, the first iteration of our Quest system and the new Adventure Title system.

Merchants now give quests that can be completed to earn extra rewards and unlock access to better items, crafts, and deals.

The Adventure Title system allows adventurers to test their skills in the High Roller dungeons to progress through ranks and earn rewards for the next season. We will reveal the rewards for each title in the upcoming weeks. We have revealed the first reward as an exclusive Nightmare skeleton skin for reaching the ‘Pathfinder’ rank.

Other major changes include the introduction of two new player attributes. Vigor now determines the maximum health of a character while Dexterity determines a player’s action speed.

The next hotfix we plan to continue our efforts on improving matchmaking. We will continue to tune our MMR system and test the starting gear ‘Normal’ dungeons a bit longer. We also plan to test the ability for solo/duos/squads to play across every locale currently in the game very soon. We are working on introducing the HR Ruin so duos can also earn a title.

The next hotfix should also include features and fixes that we missed for this patch. We are polishing up the Friends System which we plan to release very shortly. We were also unable to properly localize the Chinese and Japanese languages and due to our current localization system, these languages will be temporarily unavailable until the next hotfix. Once we update this system, we should be able to start supporting more languages in the future. We also realize that the current Adventure Points aren’t being counted fairly for teams and will look to address it soon. Thank you for your patience and support. See you in the dungeons!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Jesus more bard nerfs :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
It's not a straight nerf, for some reason IM didn't add the good part of the change: a perfect play of Rousing Rhythms lasts 90 seconds instead of the fixed 30 from before.

Item fetch quests are loving awful. You can't turn in one item at a time, you have to have all of them at once. 15 loving campfires. 15 leather caps. So much wasted stash space it's comical.