Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zoux posted:

Basketball fandom seems more chill baseline than baseball fandom, which is somehow the angriest

I will physically attack Bill laimbeer on sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Fun fact: in 8 years we will be in the universe of Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Ah that's why they're red this year? They don't show up on TV or in the crowd at all with any color except white
some outfielder complained after losing a fly ball when a postseason crowd was waving white towels, it might have been the Holiday dickshot but I'm not sure

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

R.D. Mangles posted:

I hope you're ready to experience being on the business end of a brutal asskicking then, dude may be almost 70 with shot back and knees but he's also 7 feet tall and not known for his merciful nature

e: ok he's probably more like 6 foot 9 these days so maybe you'll survive

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bawfuls posted:

some outfielder complained after losing a fly ball when a postseason crowd was waving white towels, it might have been the Holiday dickshot but I'm not sure

if fans coordinated to bring a bunch of white posterboards covered in pictures of baseballs to flash up on every home ball in play but the team itself had nothing to do with it would that be legal?

e:

https://twitter.com/michaelschwab13/status/1720209798665314631

Gonna miss Uncle Mike but really don't want them to bring him back to miss half the year or more again. Everyone else can gently caress off

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 3, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not Neris :thunk:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

if fans coordinated to bring a bunch of white posterboards covered in pictures of baseballs to flash up on every home ball in play but the team itself had nothing to do with it would that be legal?

e:

Gonna miss Uncle Mike but really don't want them to bring him back to miss half the year or more again. Everyone else can gently caress off

Mike I think is retiring, and that's fine.

The rest I wouldn't mind having back except for Machete.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the only way that rangers parade could have been more texas and american is a mass shooting wow

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/1720571411000127920

Yo wtf please God no

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

maffew buildings posted:

the only way that rangers parade could have been more texas and american is a mass shooting wow

The night is young

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

This is loving cursed. We know exactly the Jays fans who would love this and the team legit seems to have a hard time deciding between them and the rest of the base (see: Bass)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol they'd never let him into Canada

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Intruder posted:

What is the going rate for a reliever who breaks his hand punching lockers after jobbing to his minor league brother

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zoux posted:

Not Neris :thunk:

Neris hasn't made his decision on his player option yet

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Brantley is the only one of those guys who will be missed. He may be hurt a lot, but he always comes back hitting .300 for as long as he can stay on the field.

Stanek and Maton are average relievers (and Maton's lack of power could turn him into a pumpkin at any second). Losing Maldy is addition by subtraction at this point. He probably has a future in coaching, though.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Astros are looking for a coach. :v:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Someone hire Joe Girardi, please and thank you

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bregor posted:

Someone hire Joe Girardi, please and thank you

Yeah this please someone hire him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Texans played their first game against the Cowboys and won, in what was expected to be a pretty easy win even for a lovely Cowboys team. If I had actually been watching football back then I'd have killed to see Jerry Jones's face when the game ended.

Anywho, feeling mildly better but kinda glad I didn't go to the parade. From what I heard everyone was super nice and positive and all that, but you're driving around a stadium in pickup trucks??? The gently caress is that.

Didn't buy an official t-shirt, but I snagged a fan-made shirt and it should arrive in a day or two. Snagged the newspaper, and ordered another goofy commemorative baseball. This should conclude my purchases until opening day.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

The Texans played their first game against the Cowboys and won, in what was expected to be a pretty easy win even for a lovely Cowboys team. If I had actually been watching football back then I'd have killed to see Jerry Jones's face when the game ended.

That happened when I was still in school and I remember talking about it in class saying how I don't care if they suck forever because at least they beat the Cowboys. And boy they sure took that to heart.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

The wildest win of that season was beating the Steelers despite getting outgained 422-47 on offense

Anyway

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1720585803620106611

open that pocketbook crane! :v:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Shinjobi posted:

Anywho, feeling mildly better but kinda glad I didn't go to the parade. From what I heard everyone was super nice and positive and all that, but you're driving around a stadium in pickup trucks??? The gently caress is that.

Didn't buy an official t-shirt, but I snagged a fan-made shirt and it should arrive in a day or two. Snagged the newspaper, and ordered another goofy commemorative baseball. This should conclude my purchases until opening day.

Get the WS champ quarter zip, you'll never regret it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

make sure you make it to at least one of the games where they give out replica rings next season

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 4, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Both fantastic suggestions, thanks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/francysromeroFR/status/1720529568769949784

that's a lot of money for a reliever who's never pitched in the majors

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Intruder posted:

The wildest win of that season was beating the Steelers despite getting outgained 422-47 on offense

Anyway

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1720585803620106611

Clearly it's a mutual agreement so Cody gets paid more to be a Cub.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yes I'm sure the Pirates will sign a free agent that real teams want, as they have done zero times in the last 30 years

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

I'm like 90% sure that there was a story within the last decade or so about a bunch of red sox fans that showed up in a block of seats in center field wearing white shirts that they would cover up when the red sox were hitting and they were threatened with ejection if they didn't keep their jackets on when the away team was hitting too

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Intruder posted:

*extremely mdemone voice*

you can't have him

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Shinjobi posted:

Both fantastic suggestions, thanks

This is the stuff right here. Expensive but it's awesome.

https://www.petermillar.com/c/game-day/mens-mlb/american-league/texas-rangers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

I hope you're ready to experience being on the business end of a brutal asskicking then, dude may be almost 70 with shot back and knees but he's also 7 feet tall and not known for his merciful nature

e: ok he's probably more like 6 foot 9 these days so maybe you'll survive

i will die to avenge his numerous elbows on bill cartwright!!!!!!!!!!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Sab0921 posted:

Are you saying you dont think Jesus Christ could hit a curve ball?

Are you kidding not even Jobu cam hit a curveball.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ah gently caress it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers, please

https://twitter.com/talkinbaseball_/status/1720782554402541606

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dodgers, please enjoy watching this man pitch for the Chicago Cubs.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status/1720820719255158982?s=46&t=OxNS0oQRTXMDiN4qEfSnlQ

Lol. This is going to be such a stupid off-season for the Cubs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

was not expecting that

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Yanks gonna get Yamamoto and the Cuban dude and will pitch their way to an ALCS sweep with the best record in baseball despite scoring the fewest runs in the modern era.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Oh gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I thought Stro might opt out. The market is right this off-season for him to get a good contract. Noping on $21 million after spending the end of the season injured is pretty ballsy, though.