Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bouillon Rube posted:

lol where exactly do they plan on sending them?

I bet it's Egypt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"you have to leave within 12 hours"
"where to???"
"gently caress if I care"

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Bouillon Rube posted:

lol where exactly do they plan on sending them?

Hell

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
DTI, gently caress every oval office trying to justify bombing ambulances. They've just dropped all pretence, I don't think there's any war crime Israel could do that would turn certain supporters against them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

people are defending this

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

"people"

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

ban all of D&D

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Serious post: They're overcorrecting for the genocide they committed in WWII.

nah they still nazis

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Speak for yourself I'm an uncouth animal

Still more human than an Israeli though amirite

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

no I don’t think martha’s vinyard will take them this time

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

demon cracker nation

edit:
demon cracker mods

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/SecBlinken/status/1720561494835024289?s=20

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

i don’t think it’s burgerposting if it directly affects Palestinians

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

smarxist posted:

demon cracker nation

edit:
demon cracker mods

Popy posted:

nah they still nazis

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

enough palin' around

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Smekerman posted:

Maybe burger posting, but I can't imagine being a (world) leader and still endorsing Israel in any capacity, unless Mossad had something incriminating on me. In addition to all Zionists' abusive, gaslighting rhetoric, imagine having to justify their behavior to pretty much everyone else on the planet. gently caress, imagine being Germany trying to do this. loving pathetic. I'm at the point where I say loving bring on World War 3, gently caress it. Maybe it'll get us rid of these capitalist parasites, maybe we'll be able to live as a free people after the inevitable collapse of the western civilization. gently caress 'em.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Someone posted earlier in the thread about the US no longer needing to support Israel as hard as it does. Most middle East countries are just running dogs of US hegemony at this point, especially the gulf states, and the ones that aren't (with the exception of Iran) like Syria and Libya have been carved up bu US-backed civil war.

That's probably why you hear grumblings from low-level staffers in the white house and secretary of state flipping about how mask-off Israel is being. But most politicians in the US and the Western Europe are still staunchly in Israel's camp for one simple reason:

Mossad got them Epstein tapes

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

it should be illegal to bomb an ambulance unless its REALLY loving loud and made me miss a green light

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Someone posted earlier in the thread about the US no longer needing to support Israel as hard as it does. Most middle East countries are just running dogs of US hegemony at this point, especially the gulf states, and the ones that aren't (with the exception of Iran) like Syria and Libya have been carved up bu US-backed civil war.

That's probably why you hear grumblings from low-level staffers in the white house and secretary of state flipping about how mask-off Israel is being. But most politicians in the US and the Western Europe are still staunchly in Israel's camp for one simple reason:

Mossad got them Epstein tapes

This is wishful thinking, you don't need to bribe threaten blackmail or extort western elite pols to get them to support genocide.

Might as well be saying you need to blackmail a fish to breathe water.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Bad shot. This would have a rather direct effect on Palestinians if it passes.

(also jesus christ this is vile)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU6asb8xKkY&t=25s

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Pookah posted:

I cant help but compare the US's long-term attitude to Israel/Palestine and UK/Ireland.

When the talk is about establishing peace and equality for all in Northern Ireland, the US is all over it. When Brexit threatens to destabilise Northern Ireland, the US shows up to warn the UK not to start any poo poo.
The US is this kind of benevolent big brother figure when it comes to Ireland.
Yeah there is a big Irish-American diaspora, but I doubt it's that influential these days, it's just like Ireland got on the Nice list back in the day and that's where we'll always sit.

Palestine is so much of a sister country to Ireland, in our shared history of being colonised and displaced, except their history of persecution is orders of magnitude worse than anything Ireland has suffered in the last few hundred years, and the US is completely uninterested.
Israel is the golden child and can do whatsoever it wants, and Palestine is always and forever on the Naughty list.

this is quwhite an observation

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Biden went from child sniffer to child killer in record time with these genocide endorsements.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I do feel like the Hasbara machine is breaking down because the image Israel needs to project externally and internally are in direct competition.

By way of comparison, there’s a recent book about the place of the Canadian military and society that argues that the only time the public thought positively of the military since 1960 was peacekeeping. Canadian governments have hated peacekeeping since at least the 1990’s and want nothing to do with it. However, as the only positive association, and something most Canadians believe the military actually still does, the government feels afraid they’ll be “dragged” back into it.

Since Ukraine, Canadian diplomats have had to assure the worried other members of NATO that Canadian media does not reflect their actual positions and policies. They were just too good at internal messaging.

Israel wants to project the most moral army stuff externally but that’s irreconcilable with what they want to do and how they want to look internally.

Well, internal, and two distinct external audiences. The Euros would really like a soothing Obama voice over the not too flashy mass-murder, garnished with crocodile tears about all the Israeli babies that were murdered. The internal settler brains want several million heads on spikes or they'll put Netanyahu's head on one. And then, they also want to show their neighbors how scary they still are by razing gaza on live TV.
The last two are mostly compatible, but the ill-advised ground campaign is probably for group 2 and the more they get clowned on the more they have to rely on genocidal terror bombing for group 3 which makes 1 sad, though that will mostly lead to more political repression.
But more importantly, while Israel doesn't have to care about any other audiences, the US now suddenly has to care about third World opinion again, with the rise of China and the proxy war with Russia.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

my dad posted:

Bad shot. This would have a rather direct effect on Palestinians if it passes.

(also jesus christ this is vile)

Smarxist asked me about it and what I said is that this bill will never come close to passing. The entire purpose of it is for this congressperson(s) to give their base and donors red meat, and enrage their opponents to build more support. It has absolutely no chance in going anywhere, and posting it and getting mad about it here is how you get the succ zone. I think people should save their outrage for the genocide, and not bills that will never come to pass. If it does actually become a bill that has a huge chance to pass, then im 100% wrong and it's worth discussing in this thread.

There's a case to be made about the general atmosphere the bill is about (othering arabs & any muslims) but I've noticed people getting high on outrage poo poo (unlike the ambulance bombing, which is loving awful and is always something to be discussed) and hope to keep people away from that.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/C_Resistance/status/1720519302997275132?s=20
Im just a contractor to genocide :(

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Internal imperial politics is all about competing bloodlust, it isn't really that important beyond showing the system is under pressure.

Israel is also very useful for the Arab regimes around it because they have someone to keep the internal heat off of them, they wouldn't last long if they actually had the ire of their populations trained on them.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

The burger posting rule is dumb and seems to be an excuse to drive by mod. Since its so randomly applied I presume it's some kinda posting enemies poo poo.

The Oldest Man posted:

This is wishful thinking, you don't need to bribe threaten blackmail or extort western elite pols to get them to support genocide.

Might as well be saying you need to blackmail a fish to breathe water.

People way underestimate the body count directly attributable to Western governments since WW2. There have been so many massacres and genocides instigated or encouraged by America alone that I'm sure we've long since passed the numbers killed by the Nazis (dunno if it's more than Japan or Britain though).

Biden isn't crossing some new line by supporting the current round of Palestinian massacres. It's business as usual. We've always supported indiscriminate killing. You don't have to think too hard on why Americans are sympathetic to settlers displacing and murdering the locals. That's why the solution is never going to come from Western governments. They are all pro-baby killing bastards. It's the locals who have to make common cause and throw the bastards out.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Frosted Flake posted:

I do feel like the Hasbara machine is breaking down because the image Israel needs to project externally and internally are in direct competition.

By way of comparison, there’s a recent book about the place of the Canadian military and society that argues that the only time the public thought positively of the military since 1960 was peacekeeping. Canadian governments have hated peacekeeping since at least the 1990’s and want nothing to do with it. However, as the only positive association, and something most Canadians believe the military actually still does, the government feels afraid they’ll be “dragged” back into it.

Since Ukraine, Canadian diplomats have had to assure the worried other members of NATO that Canadian media does not reflect their actual positions and policies. They were just too good at internal messaging.

Israel wants to project the most moral army stuff externally but that’s irreconcilable with what they want to do and how they want to look internally.

with issues like this it always strikes me that it sounds very possible for the elites to just explain their reasoning in straightforward terms and try to get public backing in that way. one does get the impression that the policymaking types think that the general public are not just morons, however, but also basically evil

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FuzzySlippers posted:

The burger posting rule is dumb and seems to be an excuse to drive by mod. Since its so randomly applied I presume it's some kinda posting enemies poo poo.

It's not. The idea is to focus on Palestine and Palestinians and keep this thread from becoming another chat/succ/etc. space. Sometimes our IKs are a bit overzealous but it's genuinely well-intended.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Vox Nihili posted:

Sometimes our IKs are a bit overzealous but it's genuinely well-intended.

bro

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Morbus posted:

this is quwhite an observation

The Brits were ready to kill the terrorirst's in 1916 and 5 million white american grandchildren said "Terrorists?" and started funding em :D

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'm torn on the ambulance incident, on one hand - yeah bad shoot there probably weren't any terrorism in the truck (hamas do all of their traveling through the Underway). On the other hand I feel like ambulances shouldn't have giant red X's painted on them

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah ban on burger posting is in general a good rule to enforce, but i do think that actual proposed policy changes wrt this specific conflict such as demonstration bans, expelling all palestinians etc should be permitted. the line between permissible and inpermissible is necessarily going to be a bit blurry, though and while i've disagreed with some of the calls i have never not seen why they were made

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

carcinofuck posted:

It does. The Quran elliptically refers to many of the Prophets and also to firawn, or Pharaoh, archetypically the Pharaoh of Moses' time.

Thank you! Good to know, and makes a lot of historical sense as a term for an immoral yet powerful monarch.

PawParole posted:

Contrary to the popular narrative of Islam spreading by the sword, the ummayads banned all conversion to Islam expect for Umar 2 and wanted to make Islam an ethno-religion for the Arab conquerors.

A good book on this would be “Black Banners from the East”, about the abbasid revolution

Thank you for the recommendation!

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 00:02 on Nov 4, 2023

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

FuzzySlippers posted:

The burger posting rule is dumb and seems to be an excuse to drive by mod. Since its so randomly applied I presume it's some kinda posting enemies poo poo

I do think certain things like not being able about the American MIC is pretty dreadful too.

The rule should be not to dwell on American politics and random poo poo like the draft and nukes, but the US and the US military is very much a part of this thing. Iron Dome missiles are made in the US...I don't know why or not it is not pertinent to the discussion.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Calibanibal posted:

I'm torn on the ambulance incident, on one hand - yeah bad shoot there probably weren't any terrorism in the truck (hamas do all of their traveling through the Underway). On the other hand I feel like ambulances shouldn't have giant red X's painted on them

maybe they could put like a red slash instead to let israel know to pass them over

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

really queer Christmas posted:

Smarxist asked me about it and what I said is that this bill will never come close to passing. The entire purpose of it is for this congressperson(s) to give their base and donors red meat, and enrage their opponents to build more support. It has absolutely no chance in going anywhere, and posting it and getting mad about it here is how you get the succ zone. I think people should save their outrage for the genocide, and not bills that will never come to pass. If it does actually become a bill that has a huge chance to pass, then im 100% wrong and it's worth discussing in this thread.

There's a case to be made about the general atmosphere the bill is about (othering arabs & any muslims) but I've noticed people getting high on outrage poo poo (unlike the ambulance bombing, which is loving awful and is always something to be discussed) and hope to keep people away from that.

Fair enough.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ardennes posted:

I do think certain things like not being able about the American MIC is pretty dreadful too.

The rule should be not to dwell on American politics and random poo poo like the draft and nukes, but the US and the US military is very much a part of this thing. Iron Dome missiles are made in the US...I don't know why or not it is not pertinent to the discussion.

I don't think I have ever hit a post for talking about how the american military is fighting this, equipment involved, the MIC, etc. It has almost always been for electoral poo poo, "GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY!!" tweets, or lovely posts in response to the others. I will also never hit a post for talking about the demonstrations in america - because its showing americans fighting in ways they can and Gazans have specifically cited that as something that keeps their morale up.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

Nobody did more for the zionist cause than Adolf Hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Screaming at my friend that its against the geneva convention to attack SCVs