Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Embark on side-quests (plus a whole bunch of deep lore lmao)

I gotta admit, that looks pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I'm always up for more Vampire Survivors. Might even wipe my save so I can start from scratch again.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

"We put metaprogression in your metaprogression"

Joking aside, Vampire Survivors is great.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sab669 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUZazZKH-sU

Vampire Survivors is apparently getting an "Adventure Update" :thunk:

Finally, the Battle Royal mode! About drat time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hey everyone. i'm on a train, so i can't do the usual big pictures thing because the wifi is not that reliable, for obvious reasons. but here's what's coming up in November:

My Time at Sandrock 1.0 (out today) - A sizeable step forward over the original My Time at Portia, with a slightly more challenging desert setting, a continued significant focus on building projects for the town and its people, a little more over-arcing story, and improvements to mining and combat.

Radiant Silvergun (out today) - It's Radiant Silvergun.

Song of Nunu (out today) - My understanding from watching trailers is that this is Tequila Works basically doing another Rime-type game but in the League of Legends universe.

Thirsty Suitors (out today) - A combination of turn-based flirt battles against your (not evil) exes, skateboarding around town, and cooking to try to impress your mother. It's on Gamepass, and it's getting good reviews.

The Invincible (11/6) - A sci-fi walking simulator loosely based on the novel that has you investigating a Mars expedition gone wrong.

Salt & Sacrifice (11/7) - The sequel to Salt & Sanctuary, another 2D souls-like but one from an indie developer that has been around for a long time.

Tintin: Cigars of the Pharaoh (11/7) - I have absolutely no idea if this will be any good or not because Pendulo's last game (an extremely loose adaptation of Vertigo) was pretty bad. But their Blacksad adaptation was good, so I'm HOPING that the Tintin game is along the lines of that.

Like a Dragon Gaiden (11/8) - Sega didn't want to let Kiryu go so here's a game starring him again. Like Ishin, this is classic Yakuza brawling. It will also be on Gamepass I believe.

Beyond Sunset (11/8, Early Access) - If Fortune's Run wasn't to your taste last month, here's another cyberpunk boomer shooter/immsim with a sword, and it opts for the high-neon style. Hoping this one turns out good, but as always with boomer shooters, it starts in early access.

Risk of Rain Returns (11/8) - A remaster of the original, but I'd wait on reviews to see what's changed. After all, Gearbox is taking over this franchise now. But it will have content from the second game, new characters, and 'overhauled multiplayer'.

Gunhead (11/8) - A first-person sequel to the (originally top down 2D) ship scavenger roguelite CRYPTARK.

Cobalt Core (11/8) - A deckbuilder mixed with FTL with a cute aesthetic. By the developer of Sunshine Heavy Industries.

Saturnalia (11/8) - It's my understanding that this is an existing itch.io game being brought over to Steam in a remastered form, but it's by the developer of Mirrormask EP, Milky Way Prince, and Wheels of Aurelia.

Tales of Arise: Beyond the Dawn (11/8) Geez the 8th is a busy day. Anyway, pretty much everyone's reaction to Tales of Arise getting an expansion was "...huh?" but I guess that speaks to its commercial success.

Cuisineer (11/9) - A kinda Moonlightery game where you go into dungeons and hack & slash monsters, then use the monster drops/materials to cook food to serve in your restaurant.

Spirittea (11/13) - Life sim about running a bathhouse for spirits.

Broken Roads (11/13) - I think this is a Fallout/Wasteland-like but set in Australia?

UFO Robot Grendizer: The Feast of the Wolves (11/14) - This is all very confusing to me. I don't understand how Grendizer is getting a game in 2023, I don't know why Microids of all companies has the license to it, and I don't know why it's farmed out to a random French studio. It doesn't look as bad as I was expecting, it's got the super fast pacing of an arcade game so maybe it will be trashy fun. But I do not expect the most glowing reviews here.

Invincible Presents: Atom Eve (11/14) - My confusion continues. The developer of Tower of Guns and Mothergunship is now doing.. a Visual Novel RPG set in the world of Robert Kirkman's Invincible? So there's not going to be 100 guns shooting at me in this one? Instead I make choices and possibly romance? Can I romance hundreds of guns? No?? Well what the gently caress.

Ticket to Ride (11/14) - Again, forgive my confusion. This already existed on Steam right? Well, this is a 3D version of the game by the developer of various Hasbro board game adaptations like Cluedo and The Game of Life. Not sure if it'll be worth the upgrade unless the original version has problems with modern computers/OS.

Karmazoo (11/14) - A 2D cooperative platformer where other random players can help you out, published by Devolver. Seems cute.

The Last Faith (11/15) - I was higher on the demo than most, but here's another 2D souls-like that will be competing directly against Blasphemous 2. It's got great visuals and the general vibe/feel is right but the big question will be the overall world design, various upgrade systems and bosses. I did not get far enough into the demo to really experience those things so that's gonna be what I'll look at reviews for.

American Arcadia (11/15) - The Truman Show meets Republique. Puzzle-platform your way to escape a domed city as one character, while another manipulates things and observes over security cameras via hacking.

Wizordum (11/15, Early Access) - It's rare that I'd call a Boomer Shooter cute, but Wizordum's vibrant SNES-inspired look fits the bill. It's a fantasy style shooter, think more Ken's Labyrinth/Catacombs than Hexen/Heretic, and I think it's gonna be pretty neat. Once it's finished, of course. But the EA version WILL come with a level editor.

Yohane the Parhelion (11/16) - The latest IntiCreates GBA-aesthetic game is an adaptation of a forgettable Love Live fantasy spinoff, crossing Ender Lilies gameplay with a Team Ladybug-esque Metroidvania. The combat did not feel good to me on this one, so this might not review super well, but it could be a decent game to get on sale.

Dredge: the Pale Reach (11/16) - A paid DLC expansion to Dredge that adds a new icy area to the world with an additional 2-3 hours of content.

Small Saga (11/16) - Indie JRPGs are feasting this year and here's another one, one I've been looking forward to for a while. It's inspired by Redwall, as you play little mice in a big dangerous world, wielding weapons like swiss army knives and spoons. The isometric art is a real treat.

Flashback 2 (11/16) - Gonna be honest, this is likely a huge disaster. I don't know why Microids is publishing so many games and how they keep getting their hands on licenses like this, but the demo feedback I've seen was universally negative. Could be a competitor against that Kong Island game for worst of the year.

Loddlenaut (11/16) - A cute underwater trash picking game where you recycle trash, clean up disaster zones, and restore the ecology.

Persona 5 Tactica (11/17) - First there was JRPG, then there was ARPG, now P5 gets SRPG. The only thing left to do is a board game spinoff.

In Stars and Time (11/20) - A timeloop indie RPG where you are constantly trapped trying to defeat the final boss. Played the demo and it's got some fun character art.

Worldless (11/21) - A minimalist and abstract Metroidvania with battles that combine turns and real-time action. It makes me think a little of Visual Out but not as bleak or grungy.

TEVI (11/29) - The developers of Rabi-Ribi have a new bunny-core Metroidvania that promises similar nonlinear exploration in a large world as well as bullet hell bosses.

Steamworld Build (12/1) - Hey it falls on a Friday so it's still part of that last week of November. This is a neat little city builder where you expand both above ground and below ground, mining resources underground in order to build structures above.

Coming in December: Born of Bread, Kingpin: Reloaded, The Thaumaturge, Arizona Sunshine 2, Pioneers of Pagonia, House Flipper 2

Say a fond farewell to these "TBA 2023" games, most of which are likely slipping into 2024 at this point: The Brew Barons, Garden Path, R-Type Tactics, VergeWorld, The End of the Sun, Mahou Senshi Cosplay Club, Defender's Quest 2, SunnySide, The Siege and the Sandfox, Exophobia, Surviving Deponia, Wanderful, Picayune Dreams, Turnip Boy Robs a Bank, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2, Dune: Imperium, Antipole DX, Bushiden, Gestalt: Steam & Cinder, Genopanic, The Abandoned Planet

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
blasphemous 2 is good but it doesn't really feel like a sequel to the first one. a lot of the things that made the first one have such a strong and distinctive identity and feel aren't there anymore. it feels more like playing a good metroidvania than the sequel to blasphemous.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Am I missing something obvious, or misremembering, or is it no longer possible to pass through drill holes in Talos Principle 2 like it was in the demo?

e: I remember now, you couldn't pass through the holes directly but there was a portal thing that you could place on the other side

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 3, 2023

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Anyone playing Exoprimal? How's the drop-in multiplayer compare to Monster Hunter World?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The 7th Guest posted:

UFO Robot Grendizer: The Feast of the Wolves (11/14) - This is all very confusing to me. I don't understand how Grendizer is getting a game in 2023, I don't know why Microids of all companies has the license to it, and I don't know why it's farmed out to a random French studio. It doesn't look as bad as I was expecting, it's got the super fast pacing of an arcade game so maybe it will be trashy fun. But I do not expect the most glowing reviews here.

Huh? What a thing to exist.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Woah this circle d pad thingy is amazing. I’m in love with the clickiness of it. Silksong Hollow Knight controls amazing with it.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Sab669 posted:

God damnit just when I thought I was out

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cartoon Man posted:

Woah this circle d pad thingy is amazing. I’m in love with the clickiness of it. Silksong Hollow Knight controls amazing with it.

Yeah it doesn't really look like it would be but it's a great little dpad.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Speaking of, do updates retroactively change unlock requirements?

The Queen Sigma unlock in the menu says "Complete the Collection 1.0". I'm positive I've completed the 1.0 release collection, but still no unlock. I of course have plenty of DLC unlocks to work through, do those count now?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think caring about dpads is a sign that you enjoy Degenerate Genres and should be mocked.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

dpad stands for "Dark Souls items Pad"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

deez pads

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

busalover posted:

Where can you see those changes?

SteamDB
https://steamdb.info/app/2451030/history/

They have a browser extension that adds a direct link between the Steam store and the apps entry in SteamDB

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Cartoon Man posted:

One of us! One of us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ7EeohZROo&t=155s

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Orv posted:

I think caring about dpads is a sign that you enjoy Degenerate Genres and should be mocked.

all of us deserve to be mocked relentlessly

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They’re basically phasing out the old version of Ticket To Ride for reasons I don’t remember.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The current Xbox dpad is alright but I don’t like it for actual side scroller games.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
One game to add to The 7th Guest's list... and a bunch of chuckleheads entering Early Access that I might as well drag along for the ride.

Wantless: Solace at World's End (11/8) - (Early Access) Tactics based Sci Fi RPG where you go dive into people's heads and beat up their traumas for lunch money. From what I saw in the demo I played several NextFests ago, has a large amount of customizability in terms of modifying your own moveset, and there's a careful balancing act where the more actions you take in a turn, the more moves the other side gets as well. I thought this would be a sleeper hit, but if so it's left the snooze button on for a little too long.

Microcivilization (11/13) - (Early Access) Civilization themed clicker game that I got addicted to last NextFest. Difficult to recommend, but I am compelled to see if there's at least one other poor soul who gets trapped in it like I did/will.

Death Must Die (11/14) - (Early Access) Diablo : Halls of Torment :: Hades : Death Must Die. Although I guess I did kind of get echoes of Halls in DMD for some reason? The former is better at capturing the spirit of its originator game into Survivors' format (and DMD ain't winning any character design awards for Time, God of Time), but from what I played of it, Death Must Die is still a pretty fun Survivors' game on its own merits.

Last Train Home (11/28) - Wait, what? This game's going to be fully out already? Sure feels like it popped out of nowhere. Small-scale RTS with survival/base building elements as you drag the survivors of the Czechoslovak Legion out of Russia on the last train from the eastern front, while caught in the middle of a brutal Siberian winter and the Russian Civil War. Highly recommended if you're even remotely interested in this sort of thing, though expected to be extremely difficult no matter how many fiddly difficulty sliders they add.

EDIT: Lightracer Spark, the sci-fi visual novel with strategy game and Disco Elysium-esque elements finally gets its full form (aka, the second integrated DLC) at some point late in the month. Seemed fun, if a little bit light as an actual game, but I've been holding off until it released in full, so can't really comment more than that.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 3, 2023

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yea i'll also mention that the Turok 3 remaster is on November 14th. that one won't be to everyone's taste of course, but it's another retro FPS saved from obscurity by Nightdive

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Also

The Bed We Made (Already Out) A Frogwares Sherlock Holmes style game with the hook that you're playing a maid in a hotel rather than someone officially investigating. I liked this game at a Nextfest but wasn't motivated to wishlist. 1950s setting with a focus on the treatment of marginalised groups, spoiler it has the LGBTQ+ tag, and I know there's a few aficionados of queer mysteries in the forum. Very positive reviews with the only complaints being about length.

Alien Hominid Invasion (Already Out) The Behemoth's last ditch return to the co-op brawler well after Pit People didn't do as great as hoped has largely sunk without notice. It's a shame since the reviews seem to be positive and there's a couple of new spins on the established Behemoth brawler formula with the addition of roguelike elements.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

yea i'll also mention that the Turok 3 remaster is on November 14th. that one won't be to everyone's taste of course, but it's another retro FPS saved from obscurity by Nightdive

Can’t wait, Nightdive is doing the Lord’s work.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Cartoon Man posted:

Can’t wait, Nightdive is doing the Lord’s work.

I hope he keeps his promise on never giving up on Cate Archer.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fez_machine posted:

Alien Hominid Invasion (Already Out) The Behemoth's last ditch return to the co-op brawler well after Pit People didn't do as great as hoped has largely sunk without notice. It's a shame since the reviews seem to be positive and there's a couple of new spins on the established Behemoth brawler formula with the addition of roguelike elements.
you gotta chalk this one up to lack of marketing. i only knew about Alien Hominid Invasion and Alien Hominid HD because they were in the upcoming queue. i didn't see a peep about it on social media, forums, youtube ads, etc

you can't just throw a game out there expecting your old fans to show up, even if you're posting in the steam news for your older games to remind them

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

you gotta chalk this one up to lack of marketing. i only knew about Alien Hominid Invasion and Alien Hominid HD because they were in the upcoming queue. i didn't see a peep about it on social media, forums, youtube ads, etc

you can't just throw a game out there expecting your old fans to show up, even if you're posting in the steam news for your older games to remind them

oh yeah. just from watching the trailers leading up to the release it feels like there's been drama where they lost the guy who did the funny voice on all their previous work because it's all gameplay and none of the in your face humour that lent them virality

edit: oh

quote:

On March 31st, 2021, Stamper revealed via Twitter that, while he “doesn’t hate” Chris, he's never appeared on OneyPlays because he thinks Chris is a "worthless human being". In the same thread, Stamper criticized Chris for starting a Let’s Play channel; something Chris had mocked in the past, even during episodes of SleepyCast. Stamper's Twitter account was subsequently banned soon after posting the thread. In response, Chris stated in a Twitter thread that he and Stamper don't like each other anymore and requested that fans of both parties cease to bother them about one another. He also accused Stamper of stealing money from and manipulating his friends, and being a methamphetamine user, ending the thread with telling Stamper to “Stop doing meth, get help, and delete Twitter for good.”

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Away all Goats posted:

Anyone playing Exoprimal? How's the drop-in multiplayer compare to Monster Hunter World?

There's no drop-in multiplayer for Exoprimal.

It's Left 4 Dead with MMO raids and Overmatch matches. And that's exactly as weird as it sounds. You can opt out of the Overwatch part though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

fez_machine posted:

oh yeah. just from watching the trailers leading up to the release it feels like there's been drama where they lost the guy who did the funny voice on all their previous work because it's all gameplay and none of the in your face humour that lent them virality

edit: oh

That is an interesting thing to call somebody you "don't hate".

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
everything i hear about the oneyplays guys makes them sound worse

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Ah, so the reason why serious Sam 4 was mid was because all of croteams effort was put into the Talos principle 2. Good

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just wanted to pop in and say that Talos 2 is a delight to play so far, and if you liked the first one, or just puzzles in general, it's an absolute must to pick up.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Croteams two major game series being Talos Principle and Serious Sam is incredibly hilarious to me. The duality of the man....

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Oxxidation posted:

everything i hear about the oneyplays guys makes them sound worse

I dunno, seems like Stamper who's in the wrong on that one going by the excerpt. I spent a lot of time on the Newgrounds forums growing up and he was one of the most prominent figures on the site, weird to see his name pop up again a decade later though I can't say his current behavior is all that surprising.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Not sure if anyone posted this, but I think Nomad Survival (a VS-like) is free on Fanatical if you subscribe to their newsletter:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/nomad-survival

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

All I know about oneyplays is that they do funny worms videos

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Broken Cog posted:

Just wanted to pop in and say that Talos 2 is a delight to play so far, and if you liked the first one, or just puzzles in general, it's an absolute must to pick up.
:emptyquote:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

All I know about oneyplays is that they do funny worms videos

I only watch their super cuts talking about Linkara and Doug Walker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I just finished Alice's quests in Spiritfarer and, man. I feel like I need to go hug someone. Game is good!