Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s very easy to see when miles sanders isn’t running where he’s supposed to

you mean whenever he possesses the ball? he was pretty good in pass pro in Philly at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steelers-wr-george-pickens-disassociates-204141956.html

I would also want to get as far away from Matt Canada as possible :v:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A shame the trade window is over imo, this could be some good trade fuel.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I also started to dissociate watching that game

Oh he disassociated, nvm

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gutey right your mistake by not drafting Pickens by trading for him after the season.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Freaquency posted:

I also started to dissociate watching that game

Oh he disassociated, nvm

Lmao was about to post this

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A Formal Press Release From The Jaguars Fanbase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRSNKmphV4U

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Pickens realizing he’s gonna see even less targets with Johnson back

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mega64 posted:

Guess the one and only counting stat Tom Brady gives a poo poo about.

Children kissed on the mouth?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Nervous posted:

Children kissed on the mouth?

Close, an advanced stat that combines that with # of balls deflated, brady’s o’s

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Mega64 posted:

Guess the one and only counting stat Tom Brady gives a poo poo about.

Times counted out

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

this nate jackson takedown of josh mcdaniels pulls NO punches:
https://defector.com/the-problem-was-always-josh-mcdaniels

quote:

McDaniels and Mangini are not the New England football robot factory's only outputs who laid waste to professional football teams. Matt Patricia. Romeo Crennel. Brian Flores. Joe Judge. Brian Daboll. All of them have losing records as NFL head coaches. Only Bill O’Brien has a winning record. All of these slapdicks put together have only two playoff victories as NFL head coaches. Two. For context, every single one of Shanahan’s former assistants who took a top job has a winning record in the NFL; they have three Super Bowl trophies among them.

lmao

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Close, an advanced stat that combines that with # of balls deflated, brady’s o’s

In all honesty, it's probably the number of times his name is mentioned.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Slapdicks

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oof, right week of matchups.

https://twitter.com/SumerSports/status/1720818183345500505?t=nKKejMimg8lf1Rh0EZfLRQ&s=19

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Raiders deserve a +3 score based on no McDaniels alone

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Goodell should have his contract extension revoked for putting Chiefs/Fins on at like 7am

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want more scuttlebutt about McDaniels and not Nate Jackson slapping his name on to an AI generated story drat it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rams @ Packers should go negative if Stafford doesn't play.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why is the dolpin ELO lower than the bengal. is it their rating as an away team specifically or just their rating and they are the current away team? in the latter case, that's nyuts

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Docjowles posted:

Goodell should have his contract extension revoked for putting Chiefs/Fins on at like 7am

Goodell did ask the German fans present at one of these fan forums if they want an 8pm local start which I think would be 2pm Eastern and everyone present said yes

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1720846106530078997?t=A7FHOOAeiqP5a8YZBTCw6Q&s=19

Trading the 33rd overall pick for the opportunity to overpay by 6 million a year. The Chicago Bears.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s very easy to see when miles sanders isn’t running where he’s supposed to

Miles Sanders being on the field indicates he ran to the wrong location.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They were over a barrel on the extension. It’s a huge overpay but like the Bradley Chubb deal they didn’t have much of a choice once they traded for him.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Doltos posted:

I want more scuttlebutt about McDaniels and not Nate Jackson slapping his name on to an AI generated story drat it

What? Defector isn’t the one using AI for articles, zombie deadspin is

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1720846106530078997?t=A7FHOOAeiqP5a8YZBTCw6Q&s=19

Trading the 33rd overall pick for the opportunity to overpay by 6 million a year. The Chicago Bears.

Sweat is pretty good. He's top 10 in pressures this year. The Bears have also had zero pass rush for years so I see nothing wrong with this.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Cavauro posted:

why is the dolpin ELO lower than the bengal. is it their rating as an away team specifically or just their rating and they are the current away team? in the latter case, that's nyuts

ELO is a very dumb stat for football.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The last thing the Bears need to be worried about is preserving cap space over the next few years. They’ve got a bunch of money and nobody worth paying. At least Sweat is actually pretty good at his position and it’s a premium position.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Patrick Spens posted:

ELO is a very dumb stat for football.

All football stats are dumb op

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Diva Cupcake posted:

They were over a barrel on the extension. It’s a huge overpay but like the Bradley Chubb deal they didn’t have much of a choice once they traded for him.

with how edge pay has been growing, 24.5 for Sweat's production as a Main Guy is a 2~2.5m overpay at worst. if he'd made free agency he probably would have topped that. e: and like Yolo said they aren't hurting for cap space so may as well splash it around while you can and the deal will look comfortable by year 3

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

What in the HITS principal is this

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There are a ton of good edge rushers in this FA and Chicago could have their pick of the litter with that ability to overpay. Why, they could even get Montez Sweat! And if you wait until the off season you run less of a risk that the good player you acquire wins you a game your franchise doesn't want to win.

Whatever your cap situation, a top 5 2nd round pick is incredibly valuable. Especially for Chicago, since that might have been the asset they needed to ensure they get the QB they want in this year's draft.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I want an EDGE with a fast sack and a looooooooooooooong...tackle

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The Puppy Bowl posted:

There are a ton of good edge rushers in this FA and Chicago could have their pick of the litter with that ability to overpay. Why, they could even get Montez Sweat!

One thing about free agency is that the good players at premium positions almost never actually make it there, and given the extension market for EDGEs and the premium you play for players in free agency, there's a good chance Sweat gets even more on the open market (in the event he got there, which again, was incredibly unlikely). There's a reason Kirk Cousins got a nutso contract as the only QB worth half a drat to hit free agency in recent memory

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

There are a ton of good edge rushers in this FA and Chicago could have their pick of the litter with that ability to overpay. Why, they could even get Montez Sweat! And if you wait until the off season you run less of a risk that the good player you acquire wins you a game your franchise doesn't want to win.

Whatever your cap situation, a top 5 2nd round pick is incredibly valuable. Especially for Chicago, since that might have been the asset they needed to ensure they get the QB they want in this year's draft.

takes the risk out of it. once FA rolls around and tags start dropping the trade price for one of those guys goes up to a first and third. this way they get probably the best guy available into the building to start negotiations solo rather than competing against other needy teams

and look, it may not work out, and it may have ultimately been a stupid move, because that's what the Bears FO does. we all remember the Claypool trade. but if we assume a base level of confidence I think the move makes sense

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

quote:

And if you wait until the off season you run less of a risk that the good player you acquire wins you a game your franchise doesn't want to win.

Neither the coach nor the GM are interested in tanking this year because they aren’t interested in getting fired, which they probably will be if they’re the worst team in the league again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ownership should have already made up their mind on that decision. Either you are giving them one more year, or you aren't and consequently you aren't letting them throw away assets to pay a good not great edge top of market money. I feel very confident that Chase Young and Danielle Hunter will both make less than 25 APY, and I'd rather have either over Sweat.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Or the Vikings just lost their starting QB, the Bears are only two games back, and most football front offices and the players themselves prefer to be good, not bad, in the present moment..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't know why you would feel "very confident" about that given where the market has been set by the past few edge rusher extensions; the only thing that could keep Hunter from getting paid above that level is his age.

Young will probably (but not definitely!) make less than that, but it's because he's an extremely one-dimensional pass rusher with major injury questions. Even if you remove "lol Bears" from the equation there's a reason the reported second-best offer for Sweat was higher than the best offer for Young