Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i would simply wish for more handjobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Uh-oh, there I go
Thinking about djinns again

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

got 99 problems but a wish ain't one

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

Guess what, motherfuckers? You just lost the DJINN GAME

Wow, a guy blowing his load in his sleep! I've never heard about this before! There's no conceivable scientific explanation for this.

The story is hilarious but yeah it's clearly a guy who nutted in his sleep dreaming about Tim Curry from Ferngully honking him off.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Otherworld is a pretty good podcast if you can avoid being an epic goon about it

i'm gonna be an epic goon about it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Otherworld is a pretty good podcast if you can avoid being an epic goon about it

A tall ask for many.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'm gonna be an epic goon about it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

all this talk about djinns is making me wanna watch Wishmaster for the 50th time

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

there were only like three good eps of american gods but this was one

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Clipperton posted:

also unfortunately post-2020 has been a new age for chapo because they nailed their colours to the mast with the bernie campaign (one of the more admirable things they've done imo) and now none of the centrist pundits and dnc apparatchiks they used to dunk on take them seriously
none of these people ever took Chapo seriously, even during the height of the Bernie campaign, and why should we care if they do or don’t anyway?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

space uncle posted:

Oh man I’m excited to listen to this one.

Can you imagine how upset you would be if you only had 3 all powerful genie wishes and you accidentally wasted one on a handjob?

3 wishes? gently caress me....

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
go ahead and give me as many wishes as you want im just gonna wish for more handjobs

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Clipperton posted:

i will absolutely defend electoralism up to about the small town/school board level, maybe even municipal in a small city. you can make real differences in people's lives at that level. beyond that voting becomes increasingly pointless and/or utterly meaningless (eg for president if you're not in a swing state)

people can say whatever they want to senators but yeah, if you're not a polician's constituent they'll care a lot less what you think, like no poo poo. also if you'd spent two years straight talking up a groundswell of youth and disaffected voters in 2020 that then failed to appear they might not take you that seriously either

also unfortunately post-2020 has been a new age for chapo because they nailed their colours to the mast with the bernie campaign (one of the more admirable things they've done imo) and now none of the centrist pundits and dnc apparatchiks they used to dunk on take them seriously

No one cares if you take them seriously

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Even if I could live in Matt Yglesias' head rent-free, why would I want to? There's crusty undies in there.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Wasn't really a good point you mostly buy into this stuff when you're ignorant. The older I get the less credulous I am about this stuff because there hasn't been any more evidence for it in the decades since I was into it.

I think a lot of it depends on how into it you are. You enjoy it a lot less when it's the 50th blurry photo of a cryptid or obviously staged ghost video. I was watching a video of a guy just going over "Top 28 Paranormal Evidence CAUGHT ON TAPE" and it was just sad how blatantly fake and stupid it all was. Also you've got things like people insisting the dumb Rake from the Slenderman series is actually real which bothers me more than it should.

But yeah, if you can stick to genie handjobs and fun or scary weird stuff it rules to just let it simmer.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

go ahead and give me as many wishes as you want im just gonna wish for more handjobs

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
All stories about ghosts are stupid stories. Some stupid stories are really funny while most are not funny.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

You can tell how bad the economy is because you folks are wishing for single handjobs.

Back in the halcyon days of sub 3% interest rates and subprime mortgages I would routinely leverage my wishes for thousands of blowjobs.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

All stories about ghosts are stupid stories. Some stupid stories are really funny while most are not funny.

smdh can't believe a poster named Halloween Jack made this post

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I think it's pretty unlikely that ghosts and supernatural elements are real but the instant I decide they're 100% not real I'm just know I'm going to get violently hosed by the Wishmaster like that guy Kareem.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Becoming an atheist so I can get raw-dogged by the Babadook

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Akroyd is a believer and a ghost absolutely housed his dick.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This annoying guy on the podcast was wack

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I enjoy the daft paranormal nonsense. Losers and haters of the gnomes vacate.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

I enjoy the daft paranormal nonsense. Losers and haters of the gnomes vacate.

Deciding to drive all the wonder and goofiness out of your world is a kind of self-denial that feels satisfying but ultimately unless you figure out some other kind of woo belief to fill the woo-shaped hole, you’re just walking around incomplete, a self-inflicted denial of your own nature.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

People are very annoying about woo stuff a lot of the time. Not a fan!

ep was ftw tho

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh I can totally tell when people are lying, yeah, I do a lot of legwork about the djinn stories no way you could slip a story about a djinn jacking you off without me knowing you were full of poo poo

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Imagine not appreciating Coast to Coast AM and its equivalents

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JosefStalinator posted:

That Art Bell, he knew how to do his legwork when it comes to ghost stories. He double-checked that poo poo.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Went to get the download from the subreddit and people are freaking out about it. Pretty funny.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Seems a lot of you are having the same experience I did when the richard jewell episode came out.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Watching x-files and getting PISSED at Mulder

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

i say swears online posted:

there were only like three good eps of american gods but this was one

thank you

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

I think it's pretty unlikely that ghosts and supernatural elements are real but the instant I decide they're 100% not real I'm just know I'm going to get violently hosed by the Wishmaster like that guy Kareem.

thank you

JosefStalinator posted:

thank you!!

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

how many of you momos bought the book

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Pirated, read a third of it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

books by personalities are cringe ever since Maddox wrote one, I didn't touch it

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I checked it out from the library. I read maybe a quarter of it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

An Apple A Gay posted:

how many of you momos bought the book

I haven't bought a book since the scholastic book fair in elementary school. My brain is as polished as a river stone.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Never put your faith in a politician, none of them will save us.

Thanks I'll stop being mad about the genocide enablers then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I randomly saw a copy of it in some bookstore once and leafed through it for a couple chapters, that was good enough