Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Palladium posted:

whats the timestamp of this syq

35 minutes ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Votskomit posted:

35 minutes ago

least racist gpu follower

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Regarde Aduck posted:

collapsing the population? Low skill? What the gently caress is any of this?

sounds like someone who follows peter zeihan. he claims chinas population is gonna be cut in half by 2050 or some nonsense

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Skill issue.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Regarde Aduck posted:

collapsing the population? Low skill? What the gently caress is any of this?

china is a black hole, not even light can escape. hosed up, I know

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

fart simpson posted:

sounds like someone who follows peter zeihan. he claims chinas population is gonna be cut in half by 2050 or some nonsense

collapsing: evil china

not collapsing: good japan with uncompetitive chipmaking at best, ~50% GDP in autos directly threatened by china and much worse demographics...because anime

Palladium has issued a correction as of 16:29 on Nov 3, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

quote:

China's economy is going to implode harder than the OceanGate Titan. The raw brilliance of collapsing the population of your low skill production country. US hegemony yet again preserved by the supreme stupidity of everyone else.

IDK which the next big semiconductor country is going to be, but it definitely won't be China.

lol

https://twitter.com/davidpgoldman/status/1615587319981170689?t=_PjYKXN2vaQ0orABl88hwA&s=19

dunno how precisely accurate the figures are but surely it's higher than the US.

or maybe by 'high skill' they mean lawyers and finance guys

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
quoting this pearl

stumblebum posted:

china cheated by using human wave tactics on material science

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

crepeface posted:

They mean white guys, op.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

crepeface posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/davidpgoldman/status/1615587319981170689?t=_PjYKXN2vaQ0orABl88hwA&s=19

dunno how precisely accurate the figures are but surely it's higher than the US.

just imagine that intel sales projection graph but with the lines going down and boom, you’re a liberal china watcher with a nyt bestseller

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

My understanding is that Japanese local governments spend double digit percentages of their budgets on things like sanitation and cleanup as a reason for why their cities look so relatively clean and then it's just a racial stereotype that outsiders think it's a cultural thing that they're just so "disciplined" to keep their surroundings neat and tidy
ime american commercial areas, restaurants, and workplaces are kept clean.

american neoliberal hollowing means civil infrastructure will not have this same level of attention or budget. dick wolff, who has personal experience, remarks that the nyc subways are the filthiest in the world and that the per capita civil spending per ridership has quartered since the 80s.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

ime american commercial areas, restaurants, and workplaces are kept clean.
the wastebin and recycling in my office are self serve, you gotta go empty it yourself. you also need to wipe your desk and stuff and I'm not sure they really vacuum the floors, although there is a vacuum cleaner in the break room you can use.

it's fine but a little unusual to me and inefficient. in Turkey this stuff is cleaned almost daily -- usually by people in the direct employ of the company until about 10 years ago, when a lot of places started contracting out.

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

fart simpson posted:

Oh my god I hate zeihan so much. He's got his snake oily hooks in a family member of mine and it's so disturbingly obvious the man is a grifty China watcher moron, and I've lost so much respect for that family member holy gently caress.

"You can predict a country's success based in Geography."
"DeMoGrApHiCs"
"China doesn't have the ability to iNnOvAtE"
"Economic growth can only happen if there is also population growth"

Aaaaaaaaaa

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
That demography argument just doesn't work because you can assign the lowest birth rate curve from Korean or Taiwan now to China, and China will continue to have more working force than the US for the next 50+ years. And based on how much more engineers China produces than the west right now, you can extrapolate China will continue to have more engineers for decades.

And if you want to play the "predict the future based on the current rate" game, then you have to play the same game on the gdp grow rates. In other words, China will catch up and surpass the US based on the current gdp grow rate plus a handicapped birth rate.

Never mind the gdp calculation is doctored and the number is based on USD which is inherently not an accurate representation of the US actual power.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

The population number thing is pretty weird because India's right there with worse GDP than China and the US' GDP is also another blatant counterpoint to the direct correlation between GDP and population number. Not surprising though that scratching liberals will cause a fascist to bleed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Orange Devil posted:

They mean white guys, op.

Yeah it's crazy much it literally comes down to this

Fascists literally cannot make any useful analysis of their enemies because their worldview is entirely predicated on their imaginary superpowers

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Stringent posted:

i don't see what the oriental bit has to do with it? japan's leadership systems, from top to bottom, are very much focused on consensus and nobody really sticking their necks out. that usually means that a problem has to get pretty bad before it gets addressed, but once it does get addressed there aren't any obstacles to getting it addressed quickly and thoroughly.

good example is cashless payments. used to be you couldn't go out in tokyo without carrying cash because so many places were still cash only. once covid hit, in the space of like 3-6 months tokyo at least went from maybe 40% of places being cash only to like, iunno, 5% tops?

lol at framing cashless, which is extremely pro labor, pro privacy and anti bank - as a good thing lmao
:burger: muh convenience

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

crepeface posted:

lol

him referring to them as human capital rather than engineers is precisely why everyone else is getting btfo by china

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Votskomit posted:

"China doesn't have the ability to iNnOvAtE"

Name 3 things post revolution China invented that the rest of the entire world uses now. I'll wait.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

stephenthinkpad posted:

That demography argument just doesn't work because you can assign the lowest birth rate curve from Korean or Taiwan now to China, and China will continue to have more working force than the US for the next 50+ years. And based on how much more engineers China produces than the west right now, you can extrapolate China will continue to have more engineers for decades.

And if you want to play the "predict the future based on the current rate" game, then you have to play the same game on the gdp grow rates. In other words, China will catch up and surpass the US based on the current gdp grow rate plus a handicapped birth rate.

Never mind the gdp calculation is doctored and the number is based on USD which is inherently not an accurate representation of the US actual power.

if you do the math in zeihans claims, then something like half of the currently alive people in china will have to be dead within 15 years. the median age in china is 38 years old

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Danann posted:

The population number thing is pretty weird because India's right there with worse GDP than China and the US' GDP is also another blatant counterpoint to the direct correlation between GDP and population number. Not surprising though that scratching liberals will cause a fascist to bleed.

i think they’re mixing things up. there’s a real tendency for the rapid expansion of gdp in a currently industrializing society to correlate with the increasing population of urban proletariat. that is to say, the lowest hanging fruit for a developing economy is to move people from the farms into the factories, and also to have more kids. both of those grow your industrial work force. once you’ve completed that process gdp growth historically slows down (but doesn’t usually stop unless you’re japan)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sighyam/status/1720554356339323095?t=zCvvKJ1YhL6OjdV6bLRDOA&s=19

Something brewing in SK it looks like?

quote:

If you’re wondering why Thais and Koreans are fighting on twitter you should check out this hashtag #แบนเที่ยวเกาหลี

Thais are speaking out against racism in south Korea.

Thais are over policed, discriminated against as tourists, foreign workers and subjected to abuse publicly as a result of s Korea’s growing anti-Thai rhetoric.

for context: Thais make up one of the largest migrant population in SK, an estimated 70% of south Korea’s undocumented workers are Thai nationals.

In this video the lady being interviewed talks about work place abuse and harassment for her Thai identity from Koreans as young as kids. something is deeply fascist and wrong with south Korean society. It seems to have gotten worst since I was last there as a kid for 1 month.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Given how godawful South Korean factory owners are in Serbia, I'm not at all surprised about the bullshit South Koreans are inflicting on people who aren't in the white/honorary white club.

Good luck to the Thais.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
https://twitter.com/nick_kapur/status/1720447745214104054

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

my dad posted:

Given how godawful South Korean factory owners are in Serbia, I'm not at all surprised about the bullshit South Koreans are inflicting on people who aren't in the white/honorary white club.

Good luck to the Thais.

It is horrific here.

In life as in death, Thai migrant worker treated as less than human by his Korean employer

For Korea’s Justice Ministry, no place is sacred from immigration raids

And they want more migrants as housekeepers to somehow boost birthrates?

Korea wants to use foreign women as underpaid domestic servants

Gildiss has issued a correction as of 05:33 on Nov 4, 2023

An Jung-geun
Sep 2, 2022

Bald Stalin posted:

Name 3 things post revolution China invented that the rest of the entire world uses now. I'll wait.

Tik Tok, Genshin, and (after the Russia sanctions) the RMB

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Bald Stalin posted:

Struggle sessions on discord servers, cancelling celebrities for not being woke enough, debt traps.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

VomitOnLino posted:

lol at framing cashless, which is extremely pro labor, pro privacy and anti bank - as a good thing lmao
:burger: muh convenience

wait, what? isn't it the opposite?

i always pay my hairdresser in cash

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

An Jung-geun posted:

vaping

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

crepeface posted:

wait, what? isn't it the opposite?

i always pay my hairdresser in cash

I think they mean cash is pro labour and pro privacy

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

An Jung-geun posted:

Tik tok is Vine, the Japanese created RPGs.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Bald Stalin posted:

Artemisinin. Antimalaria drugs that the WHO recommends as frontline therapy for all cases of malaria.

Synthetic insulin.

Non-invasive prenatal diagnostic testing for Down Syndrome. This was in Hong Kong.

Vapes.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Votskomit posted:

I think they mean cash is pro labour and pro privacy

I tried to be sarcastic online and failed horribly

Context edit:

In Japan the owning class is shouting "Staff shortages, staff shortages!!!", and installing these self-check-out cashless counters everywhere. I see them in convenience stores, supermarkets and even fast-fashion such as "Uniqulo". They usually have two three of these cashless counters and usually one or sometimes more normal checkouts. I guess it depends on how much they want to inconvenience you for not complying with "cashless" and how much they want to wage war against labor. Luckily most people seem to shun these "self checkouts" in favor of the real deal.

Then there is of course this entire cashless thing which is yet another layer of data harvest and privacy and security nightmares on top of the reduction of peoples agency.
But, depressingly most seem to be okay with this. Increasingly so as they purposefully add friction to you being able to pay with cash.

I have been turned away at shops and coffee takeouts which refused my loving money. Didn't yet look into the legality of it but it seems shady as all gently caress

VomitOnLino has issued a correction as of 10:21 on Nov 4, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Bald Stalin posted:

Tik tok is Vine, the Japanese created RPGs.

the japanese are tiny hairy dwarf pirates.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
China’s world-leading cancer drug makes historic foray into the US amid medicine crisis

quote:

An innovative biopharmaceutical medicine from China has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat cancer, as the US turns to China to solve its cancer drug shortages.

Toripalimab, an antibody drug developed by Shanghai Junshi Biosciences, received FDA approval on October 27 to treat nasopharyngeal carcinoma, an aggressive form of cancer that starts behind the nose in the upper part of the throat.

This is the first – and currently only – drug that is approved by the FDA to treat that type of cancer. It is also the first Chinese antibody drug – the development of which requires huge investment and cutting-edge technology – to enter the US market.

Thank you, China.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TechPowerUp/status/1720483423343505573?t=FM3LZKIWUfRvbEPSI5DRDA&s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

damnit.... looks like bloomberg's greatest fear is coming true

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

If I remember correctly, there was a goon who posted about their experiences with this type of cancer and as you might expect it was horrifying. thank you China indeed.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Electric cigarette; electric unicycle; most of the things civilian quadcopter related; drone lightshows, military drone swarming; fast charging, the super fast phone chargers actually use rare earth components.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 12:37 on Nov 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Literally everything in Smartphone development in the last 4 years (other than the SoCs)

The last time any country had more patents filed than China was 2010 lol

Peggotty has issued a correction as of 12:54 on Nov 4, 2023