Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

thunder and bulls the only teams so far who could not defend their hosed up looking courts and one of those required third party assistance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Metapod posted:

The nba literally told the refs to overturn an obvious basketball interference to allow the warriors to win

loving rigged rear end draftkings money rear end league

Also the jump ball earlier between Giddy and GP2 was insanely bad I couldn't believe they let it go

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Metapod posted:

The nba literally told the refs to overturn an obvious basketball interference to allow the warriors to win

loving rigged rear end draftkings money rear end league

I will admit to not being intimately familiar with the basket interference rules, but wasn't the refs' claim that Giddey also illegally interfered with the shot?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Nah, they said it didn’t move the rim or cause an unnatural bounce, which is apparently the letter of the law.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

rjmccall posted:

Nah, they said it didn’t move the rim or cause an unnatural bounce, which is apparently the letter of the law.

That does seem more bullshit. Still, that shot was going in. Insane finish to an insane game.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IT MAKES ONE THINK
that none of those nba game ops people have seen a euro or mid major game with one of those hideous garish courts. They don't work. they look like poo poo. Remember brooklyn's original dingy rear end court?
there's a reason we stick to a few things within basically one look

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That Warriors/Thunder game is legit one of the most insane I've ever seen

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
When you noclip into the nba backrooms
Photos moments before disaster

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Harry Lime posted:

this looks like an alternative universe set for the opening of Blade where the vampires are playing basketball instead of clubbing

lol it does

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
lol just lol

https://x.com/brewcitypaul/status/1720609904468091143?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
lovely rear end in season tourney court made Red Panda screw up

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I will admit to not being intimately familiar with the basket interference rules, but wasn't the refs' claim that Giddey also illegally interfered with the shot?

the refs didnt mention giddey at all

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol I love this meme

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine how red jim boylen's head would have been while coaching the team on the dreaded Red Court.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

imagine how red jim boylen's head would have been while coaching the team on the dreaded Red Court.

Give kirk hinrich special red compression sleeves

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bring back the jerian grant/david nwaba bulls, that at least had a fuckin ethos dude

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Doc rivers gone senile

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Dejan Bimble posted:

Doc rivers gone senile

Posting from 2015

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Did they just email like a quick photoshop before the idea got okayed because so many of these are brutally loving hideous

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Skrill.exe posted:

Posting from 2015

He said this blue and yellow nuggets court looks just like the Milwaukee mecca court.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/198088083583278252/

Phone posting here but in what loving world??????????

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

Did they just email like a quick photoshop before the idea got okayed because so many of these are brutally loving hideous

They look better in motion on my computer than they do in pictures, tbh.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls court did actual psychic damage to me, i felt like i was losing my mind

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
This would be so much better if the whole tournament was over the course of like a week and also it didn't take place 2 percent into the loving season, what the hell

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bulls court did actual psychic damage to me, i felt like i was losing my mind

Yeah some were like “ew that’s kinda ugly” but my eyes actually hurt from the red of the Bulls.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

admitting a willingness to change: good
requiring the players to tell you, an nba head coach, how to scheme a defense: maybe not so good

the stotts thing was a big fuckin harbinger. expect a veteran replacement (???) by april.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

That's a normal reaction to watching the 2023 Bulls

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

watching the bulls in 2023

watching the bulls in 2023 in the in-season tournament

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Blazers on a 3-game win streak :toot:

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

0-6 Mafia

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Guh

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The courts look bad in still images but watching on my laptop on league pass it all looked fine to me.

Also every game tonight was good!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ammanas posted:

admitting a willingness to change: good
requiring the players to tell you, an nba head coach, how to scheme a defense: maybe not so good

the stotts thing was a big fuckin harbinger. expect a veteran replacement (???) by april.

I don't know if Griffin is a good coach or not but I do know that the thing that Bud is really good at is getting the most out of the back end of his roster* which is funny enough actually what they really need right now.

*regular season only

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I wonder what Ja is up to right now

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

tanglewood1420 posted:

The courts look bad in still images but watching on my laptop on league pass it all looked fine to me.

Also every game tonight was good!

I liked Portland's rip city logo at centercourt

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1720588845253607902

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1720607682535547288

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentel/status/1720609469669765430

Then finished the game by pouting his way down the floor and letting the Bucks score because he didn't get the ball.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

nikosoft posted:

This would be so much better if the whole tournament was over the course of like a week and also it didn't take place 2 percent into the loving season, what the hell

100% agreed on both

Do the pool play before the All Star Break and the tournament immediately after

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Give the winning team cash after every game and make the losing owner give each winning player a briefcase full of his or her own money.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagining watching the bulls lose by one to the nets in the most dogshit game imaginable and then jerry reinsdorf has to go out there and hand every brooklyn net like $15,000 in cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

There's nothing much more to say about Randle. He's a complete drain on the franchise in every way possible. Everyone else are playing their hearts out too.