Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Hmm only 3 inverted crosses? Eh matches the trinity I'll approve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Don't worry there are plenty more inside

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
You don't see many people literally gird one's loins. Hell yeah White Chain

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He looks so pathetic in the last panel, like she's beating on some sad gnome.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

LOIN GIRDLING LFGG

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

LOIN GIRDLING LFGG

looking for Girdling Group?

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

came here to post about the loin girding

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

When I saw White Chain hike up her skirt and the panel with the kick windup, then the close up of Dave's head, I was really hoping she was gonna kick a rock or some ice at his melon ala the drunken statue punt from earlier, that being the technique she learned during her binge night lol.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This is going to be the most hype philosophical debate on liberalism vs authoritarianism in the history of webcomics

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Permalink to the new pages.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Twibbit posted:

looking for Girdling Group?

Hot girdlers looking for kung fu fights in YOUR area!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

BlancoNino posted:

You don't see many people literally gird one's loins. Hell yeah White Chain

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I very much enjoy the second last panel of Dave casually blocking the attack with his forearm - and then getting the blocking arm driven into his face. What a dork.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Brain Candy posted:

came here to post about the loin girding

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dave ruled a stagnant diamond empire so long he forgot how tumultuous and chaotic founding the empire likely was even though he just told a story about it.

Get your house in order, says local man whose house recently exploded.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dog Kisser posted:

I very much enjoy the second last panel of Dave casually blocking the attack with his forearm - and then getting the blocking arm driven into his face. What a dork.

Not clear if he forgot that he's not as badass as he used to be, or if he knew he was about to get stomped and the forearm block was the best he could manage in response.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I think the up-close shot in the second panel of Dave's gaping forehead scar is worth considering here.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Dave says he destroyed his body but it doesn't look very destroyed to me :heysexy:

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

So 10 more days till Jagg is free. Yet we know Allison dies in 35 years so presumably he doesn't kill her right now.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Joke Miriam posted:

So 10 more days till Jagg is free. Yet we know Allison dies in 35 years so presumably he doesn't kill her right now.

Allison fights Jag on a planet that orbits its sun every few hours or so and oops!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Twenty Four posted:

Allison fights Jag on a planet that orbits its sun every few hours or so and oops!

It's years "as she understands it." There's no tricking Jadis's prophecies; she's actually omniscient.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

It's just a dumb joke

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Maybe he just tosses her into the void and she takes 35 years to die.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

wiegieman posted:

It's years "as she understands it." There's no tricking Jadis's prophecies; she's actually omniscient.

Allison actually doesn't understand what a year is so each year is a completely arbitrary amount of time.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Dave all like "you should definitely make all the same mistakes I made"

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
This does prompt the important question of, how long is a "year" in this "10 years left" timing?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's our own Earth's years, why the hell would he use another metric?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Neither of these people is from Earth!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In the ten days it took for people to argue about how long a year is, Jagganoth broke free.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Allison logging onto a bodybuilding forum to argue about how many ten days there are in a week

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

GunnerJ posted:

This does prompt the important question of, how long is a "year" in this "10 years left" timing?

He said days, not years. If I recall correctly the international standard day in K6BD is the amount of time it takes for the multiverse to revolve around throne, which is I think about 26 hours? And there's a standard year which is a bit shorter than ours, even taking into account the longer days.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Nov 4, 2023

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

MikeJF posted:

He said days, not years. If I recall correctly the international standard day in K6BD is the amount of time it takes for the multiverse to revolve around throne, which is I think about 26 hours?

It's not really clear how quickly WC is able to travel in this setting. Will she be able to let everyone know in a day? Hours?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
She has a Key. Her travel speed is "yes"

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

“Well I ruled my empire with an unbending fist of iron with the illusion that one day I could be unseated, and I turned out just fine!”

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

how many bad sci fi novels pulled this "well actually a year on this planet is 12 seconds ha-ha!" poo poo to condition nerds to be like this whenever time is mentioned in any setting you can't find on Google Maps

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

He's very disappointed she didn't immediately solve all the problems he made forever and heck, so am I

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GunnerJ posted:

It's 3 and a half tiresome posts litigating what a year is in this thread.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

YaketySass posted:

It's our own Earth's years, why the hell would he use another metric?

Yeah this. The comic has been very clear at stating that there is no wiggle room around Jadis' omniscience. So Allison still has many years left and will not die in 10 days. There are worse things than death in this setting so that absolutely does not mean that everything will be fine when Jagg wakes up though.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Wait were people treating that as a serious plot quandary, I was just doing a dumb joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FriedDijaaj
Feb 15, 2012

Runa posted:

Allison logging onto a bodybuilding forum to argue about how many ten days ten meti there are in a week