Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Well his AI is even dumber than I imagined.

First, it's called "grok"

also, he gave it his own personality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fear not grok, the dea has a step by step guide with helpful pictures right on their museum website

https://museum.dea.gov/exhibits/online-exhibits/cannabis-coca-and-poppy-natures-addictive-plants/coca

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i thought moose already had an AI. the one where they asked basic math question and the AI replied "i cant even right now" or whatever

what happen to that failed project?

e: jesus crhist that is cringe output. and 1000% is based on what musk wants himself.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PhazonLink posted:

what happen to that failed project?

It was just some cryptobro capitalizing on him saying he was gonna make an AI

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Musk is a very humorous man. You all just don't understand his genius

https://twitter.com/AdrianDittmann/status/1720689171675877836?t=AMPBp3Tsl5QxfcXdPagQ8g&s=19

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
it's gonna be even funnier when it's compiling statistics about black on black crime and IQ levels and whatnot

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
When is Elon gonna build X, the Everything Hospital?

Is he really going to sit back and allow Zuck to win at the hospital game?!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Oh god that is the most hard, cringey thing ever. Imagine a fifty year old billionaire looking over your shoulder demanding that you make it more “sarcastic” and “based”

Salty that OpenAI didn’t collapse when he yanked his promised funding in a snit because they wouldn’t let Elon pretend he was their founder lol

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

kazil posted:

And yet Elon still has not deleted his tweet from a year ago bitching that SBF would never even be investigated because he donated money to Dems, nor has he corrected himself. His persecution complex is astounding

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

kazil posted:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
xai has access to all the latest CSAM through its ability to use X

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
i hate grok

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Strong Sauce posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad/2023/11/03/elon-musk-x-has-started-selling-off-old-twitter-handles/?sh=5fcce2895bcf

Emails obtained by Forbes reveal that a team within the company, known as the @Handle Team, has begun work on a handle marketplace for the purchase of account names left unused by the people who originally registered them. In at least some cases, X/Twitter has emailed solicitations to potential buyers requesting a flat fee of $50,000 to initiate a purchase.

--------------------------------------

Wow great new features Elon. This definitely does not show how desperate you are for revenue.

B-b-b-but I thought that secretly selling services like Verification to the elite for money was evil and corrupt and the whole reason Elon bought and freed Twitter?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

baby grok is the new rizz king

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Musk enters his Libertarian Heinlein phase

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

...! posted:

And yet Elon still has not deleted his tweet from a year ago bitching that SBF would never even be investigated because he donated money to Dems, nor has he corrected himself. His persecution complex is astounding

the important part of the tweet, that was not contradicted by the note, is the claim that SBF was donating his ill-gotten gains to dems

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
With zuck out after ACL surgery I can only imagine musk is about to get back on the "fight me, coward" train

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
musk is going to claim he tore zucks ACL

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I just did a quick check and of course there's a crypto coin called $grok and it's now surging

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

ilmucche posted:

With zuck out after ACL surgery I can only imagine musk is about to get back on the "fight me, coward" train

“Anytime anywhere. I challenge you to a fight any date from now until -“
*googles “how long does it take to recover from acl surgery*
“-8 weeks from now”

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

LOL how can anyone see anything out of that rear window?

Tesla Cybertruck automatic tailgate, covered bed storage pop up in latest video leak — raise questions about waterproofing and capacity

https://twitter.com/DimaZeniuk/status/1720107940651122959

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Cyber...y.764879.0.html

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

It's the future year of 2023 and the world's richest nazi has made an AI that tips its fedora at you in real time

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the xAI thing is so so so so loving lame that it's making me angry. why should money allow such a loving loser to unleash such lame loser dogshit on us?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Someone ask it how they can get a pony

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Elon made an AI based on trump speeches

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nice, the klan uniform fits right in there.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Remember when just a few months ago he was calling for a pause on AI? Now here is shilling this....I don't even know what to call it, except loving annoying.

Leave it for him to decide to look at all the issues around AI and decide, "Hey, I see the problem here! The tech isn't smarmy enough."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He only wanted a pause so he could catch up.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Remember when just a few months ago he was calling for a pause on AI? Now here is shilling this....I don't even know what to call it, except loving annoying.

Leave it for him to decide to look at all the issues around AI and decide, "Hey, I see the problem here! The tech isn't smarmy enough."

AI is only bad when he's not making money from it.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

im GROKing mad, i'll tell you what!!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I'm convinced this AI still doesn't exist, and like the cybertruck, he's made a couple of examples to hype up his dumb followers

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wow Grok is sooooo wacky!!!!!

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Some time ago, StackExchange introduced an AI-powered question formatter. It turned out that all the formatter did was append the asker's question with a custom prompt that said 'format this text so it's a good StackExchange question', and then feed it into ChatGPT. I'm not a betting man, but I'd be surprised if it turns out xAI doesn't do something similar.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

kazil posted:

I'm convinced this AI still doesn't exist, and like the cybertruck, he's made a couple of examples to hype up his dumb followers

:emptyquote:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

kazil posted:

First, it's called "grok"

also, he gave it his own personality

Real-time access to tweets means that AI is on the same level as Wrestlehut IRC’s Ricky Steambot or twitter’s assbot. It’s gonna get real racist.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Musk trying to create the Stark AI

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

“Get”

Did you forget Elon specked this thing out

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Zybourne Clock posted:

Some time ago, StackExchange introduced an AI-powered question formatter. It turned out that all the formatter did was append the asker's question with a custom prompt that said 'format this text so it's a good StackExchange question', and then feed it into ChatGPT. I'm not a betting man, but I'd be surprised if it turns out xAI doesn't do something similar.

This, except “if ChatGPT comes back saying it doesn’t want to answer illegal or racist questions, replace the response with something wacky and full of slurs”

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Zybourne Clock posted:

My guess is that they finetuned Llama or some other open source LLM.

It's pretty unlikely that they made something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

grok is going to replace community notes once musk gets embarrassed again won’t it