Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

webcams for christ posted:

talking to my LLM therapist through my $3,500 Apple Vision Pro

https://x.com/deitaone/status/1717164787031847070

this could be useful if it just clocks every loaded gun it sees lying around the average american's house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/AGoldmund/status/1717354574644699640

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The routing around mass shootings is new, so Googlers have it working.

Directing people to detours for scheduled roadworks, meanwhile, is totally beyond the Google of 2023. They won’t remove bridges that collapsed a decade ago, either.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 04:41 on Oct 26, 2023

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ban all public use of driverless cars for one decade, at which point the technology must be reviewed and deemed safe before it can start being deployed in a probationary manner.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

super sweet best pal posted:

Ban all public use of driverless cars for one decade, at which point the technology must be reviewed and deemed safe before it can start being deployed in a probationary manner.

far too reasonable to happen

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

How number go up then??? How

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

skibidi ai cars

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

at which point you discover no company was actually interested in deploying it and mass pedestrian death was just a temporary measure to keep investors interested. after a decade you'll have to go back to promising flying cars but this time carpet bombing american weddings with nonfunctional prototypes every week

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
i loving hate the corpo path all i wanted to do was punch deck my entire life not whatever the gently caress this is argh

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Mudlark posted:

i loving hate the corpo path all i wanted to do was punch deck my entire life not whatever the gently caress this is argh

sitting in a refrigerator full of ice, shitposting 23/7: ahhh, this is the life

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cross posting... Microsoft cut off access to a fairly big Turkish news site in such a lovely way even the guy who wanted an article removed said sorry. meanwhile Microsoft's manager got mad he was woken up.

https://t24.com.tr/haber/canli-kilicdaroglu-100-yil-kutlamalarinda-belediye-konserleriyle-10-milyon-yurttasa-ulastik,1136722

infernal machine posted:

Microsoft blocked access to all content of T24 due to a news story that included a response from Beşiktaş's temporary technical director Burak Yılmaz to allegations of "violence against his wife". When T24, whose broadcast was halted by Microsoft, informed them that all content was blocked for news still available on dozens of news sites, Microsoft's Turkey General Manager, Levent Özbilgin, responded, "Why are you bothering me at this hour, who do you think you are?! Don't call me again," and hung up the phone.

Microsoft, which provides server services to T24, blocked access to all T24 content around 22:00 last night due to the news about Beşiktaş's temporary technical director Burak Yılmaz's response to allegations of "violence against his wife". Although there was no court decision, T24's broadcast was unreachable from October 30 at 22:00 until October 31 at 02:15, a duration of 4 hours and 15 minutes.
T24 argued that the restriction to access all content due to the news about Burak Yılmaz given to them last night was against the law and freedom of the press and took action to lift the ban. However, Microsoft Turkey and its partners couldn't remove the access restriction. Unable to solve the access problem, T24 Editor-in-Chief Doğan Akın called Microsoft Turkey General Manager Levent Özbilgin at around 23:05. Akın, who reached Özbilgin on his second attempt, said that "access to the entire site's content was blocked due to an application regarding a single content, and that the state organs that make URL restriction decisions have not blocked access to the entire site for 14 years, and that this application must be lifted immediately."

Microsoft Turkey General Manager Levent Özbilgin told Akın, "Why are you bothering me at this hour, who do you think you are?! Don't call me again." (T24 keeps the records of this conversation).

Burak Yılmaz: I'm Sorry

Burak Yılmaz, in contact with T24 via Microsoft's notification address, briefly said regarding the block of access to the entire site, "I only requested the removal of the news, I don't understand why this happened; I'm sorry, I had no intention to shut down the site, I apologize."

After T24 announced the crisis on social media and communicated with Microsoft representatives with the question, "Can you block access to the entire publications of platforms like the New York Times or the Washington Post in Turkey like you did to T24?", the T24 broadcast that was cut off at 22:00 was made accessible again 4 hours and 15 minutes later, at 02:15.

During the access restriction, T24's Microsoft Azure account was suspended, making T24's entire database, editor panel, all content accumulated over 14 years, and backups inaccessible."

they need better IT at this website.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

let the man sleep

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

sugar free jazz posted:

let the man sleep

Jeffrey of Microsoft

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That's just my auto responder picking up for anyone who calls me after 5pm

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://x.com/ESYudkowsky/status/1720273230609707376?s=20

:350:

e: he's claiming this is a joke, but like... his other doomsday scenarios aren't really more plausible

LGD has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Nov 3, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
At last. I can play Doom

rko
Jul 12, 2017

LGD posted:

e: he's claiming this is a joke, but like... his other doomsday scenarios aren't really more plausible

thanks for reminding me about him, because the hilariously bad short story he wrote recently is a masterpiece of reactionary sci-fi:

https://x.com/esyudkowsky/status/1718654143110512741

like he told chat gpt to write him an episode of black mirror but in the voice of a racist lib grad student.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

*starts reading*

Haha, that's clever.

*keeps reading*

Yeah, this is running too long. You DID the joke, stop doing it over and over.

*keeps reading*

Wait, how loving long is this?

*scroll scroll scroll scroll*

What the gently caress

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

you clicked show more, rookie mistake.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

RandolphCarter posted:

you clicked show more, rookie mistake.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

rko posted:

thanks for reminding me about him, because the hilariously bad short story he wrote recently is a masterpiece of reactionary sci-fi:

https://x.com/esyudkowsky/status/1718654143110512741

like he told chat gpt to write him an episode of black mirror but in the voice of a racist lib grad student.

If they’d shown this to Socrates, they wouldn’t have needed the hemlock.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i go all Bill and Ted back to Socrates and try to explain Roko's Basilisk to him. he caves in my skull with a marble bust.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

uber_stoat posted:

i go all Bill and Ted back to Socrates and try to explain Roko's Basilisk to him. he caves in my skull with a marble bust.

looks like socratese really busted you up

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

uber_stoat posted:

should've just played some baseball with him first

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

socradeez nuts

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Make Tweets Short Again

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Biplane posted:

socradeez nuts

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Powered Descent posted:

*starts reading*

Haha, that's clever.

*keeps reading*

Yeah, this is running too long. You DID the joke, stop doing it over and over.

*keeps reading*

Wait, how loving long is this?

*scroll scroll scroll scroll*

What the gently caress
:same:

Also username/post etc

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

blatman posted:

looks like socratese really busted you up

Plato’s caved in his skull

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Archimedes screwed you

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Thucydides nuts

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

best part is, you don't even need to show more to finish the joke, the implied punchline is already there; he's pointlessly repeating what was already redundant

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Ruffian Price posted:

best part is, you don't even need to show more to finish the joke, the implied punchline is already there; he's pointlessly repeating what was already redundant

The only joke in that tweet is the username

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ruffian Price posted:

right, and if you click more the joke repeats what was already said, making it redundant

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I scrolled to the bottom to see someone comparing it to Ted Chiang.

I miss sneerclub.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

They couldn't have predicted anything this funny for Jason X

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

I have 16 of these messages over the last half-hour, ranging from 0 to 9 minutes, still haven't gotten anyone.

I decided to open a new window, and click the "call me" button instead, figuring it would just put me in the queue, and then call me once I was at the front of the line; nope, just immediately calls me and puts me on hold. That's been going for about ten minutes now.

The future is here.

Ham Equity has issued a correction as of 22:02 on Nov 6, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ham Equity posted:

I have 16 of these messages over the last half-hour, ranging from 0 to 9 minutes, still haven't gotten anyone.

I decided to open a new window, and click the "call me" button instead, figuring it would just put me in the queue, and then call me once I was at the front of the line; nope, just immediately calls me and puts me on hold. That's been going for about ten minutes now.

The future is here.

My friend recently mentioned dealing with customer support through an AI chatbot. It apologizes profusely and seemingly tries to get you to gently caress off without asking for a refund by writing line after line about how they feel bad for letting you down without giving you any sort of options or prompt for initiating any actual process.