Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Now that's done perhaps I ought to look into this blue mage thing one of these days....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Mr. Neutron posted:

Now that's done perhaps I ought to look into this blue mage thing one of these days....

Nice!!!

I'm about halfway there myself, but I've also felt the call of the siren's song of BLU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Getting Blue Mage from 1 to 80 takes like 3 hours, half that if you have a lvl 90 player helping you.

It's collecting all the spells that takes time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
since they sorta like playing with meta stuff in the BLU quests, i hope the next storyline features a blue mage that got powerleveled and is max level but only has Water Cannon

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Xun posted:

Is this a server thing? I'm on EU and the hitboxes feel as normal

it's like when everyone was convinced there was something up with athena's wing attacks but actually they were just bad

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

I have brain damage AMA.

(Probably took about 40-45 hours if I had to estimate)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ChewyLSB posted:

I have brain damage AMA.

repeated MXC concussions will do that to you yeah

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
What the gently caress

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ChewyLSB posted:

I have brain damage AMA.

I'm very sorry, but also really happy for you.

Goddamn...

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
You got drip tho :thumbsup:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You both have already accepted defeat into your heart and will never get the #1 victory royale crown.
I'm 3 wins in out of like 12 total attempts. I would accept more losses in the interest of more randomness, because Manderville Mountain is too deterministic

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
<sage-ish-ly> let us use rescue and icarus in blunderville

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Martman posted:

I'm 3 wins in out of like 12 total attempts. I would accept more losses in the interest of more randomness, because Manderville Mountain is too deterministic

SO wait, I thought you said 'god gamers' could nail it every time? You're telling me you've got a ~25% win rate in a game mode that has at most 8 total contestants? I think over a long enough stretch of time that will probably get even closer to 1/8. That's the opposite of deterministic it's pretty drat close to coming out to the true random odds of winning it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

SO wait, I thought you said 'god gamers' could nail it every time? You're telling me you've got a ~25% win rate in a game mode that has at most 8 total contestants? I think over a long enough stretch of time that will probably get even closer to 1/8. That's the opposite of deterministic it's pretty drat close to coming out to the true random odds of winning it.
i dunno what you think you just did, but you're a moron. I've only encountered insanely good competitors a few times, but when I do it's completely over at the start. because they're way better than everyone else and the final phase has no randomness except the starting positions. that's why there are charts showing how you can plan out a perfect route right when you start, aka it's deterministic. I didn't say my odds of winning are always deterministic or some other dumb thing you imagined

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

<sage-ish-ly> let us use rescue and icarus in blunderville

same, but so I can yank my friends into the abyss with me

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

ChewyLSB posted:

I have brain damage AMA.

Ah, a fellow BLU with good fashion taste.

(I use the moogle pants on another BLU glam too)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just did a Fall Guys game where I got to the end of the first round, made it to the end, made it well past the timer, but when the second round started I was eliminated? :confused:

This event sucks so bad, but I want all the stupid fall guys merch on both this character and my potato so I have to suffer. But Fall Guys sucks and I hate it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't just want an answer, I'm enjoying figuring this out on my own, but are the forks for the middle path of the new Variant dungeon something obscure or am I just blind in spotting interactables?

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

Ledgem posted:

Ah, a fellow BLU with good fashion taste.

(I use the moogle pants on another BLU glam too)

Yep, and now for clout umbrella I want to clear the new crit savage :3

Bruceski posted:

I don't just want an answer, I'm enjoying figuring this out on my own, but are the forks for the middle path of the new Variant dungeon something obscure or am I just blind in spotting interactables?

Yes, all the splits on the middle path are a bit obscure.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ChewyLSB posted:

Yes, all the splits on the middle path are a bit obscure.

I'll look a bit closer then.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Having finished the Lodestone Fishing rod, I figured I'd start putting it to use:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Steam didn't get the message about me changing my credit card for subscriptions apparently so my sub lapsed... aaaaaaand Mog Station is loving broken so I can't update my subscription details until they fix it.

pain

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I think there's also only one book clue for the middle path and it doesn't help much if you haven't looked carefully enough to spot something. There are no interactables you just walk up to and click, they're more subtle and require specific actions.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ChewyLSB posted:

Yep, and now for clout umbrella I want to clear the new crit savage :3
we have a thread going on the discord in lfg-na, got five people who are hunting the umbrella and going to be rotating in and out based on when people are free - join us!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Bruceski posted:

The branch for the last two routes in the middle is visible on the minimap, you just need to find a way to get there

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Well that's interesting, I'm reading an old sci Fi novel. Player of games by Iain banks, part of the culture series. it has a planet named Eä and it has me wondering if the Abode of the Ea in FFXIV is a direct reference

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

Well that's interesting, I'm reading an old sci Fi novel. Player of games by Iain banks, part of the culture series. it has a planet named Eä and it has me wondering if the Abode of the Ea in FFXIV is a direct reference

Eä is the name of the material universe in Lord of the Rings and Ea is one of the names of the Babylonian creator god Enki

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're probably both referencing Eä as the term for Tolkein's entire universe.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oho! Good to know!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

So I'm struggling with The lala boss in the Aloaloa islands and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice to help clear him :sigh:

We're dying to the big AoE boxes and I'm not sure where to stand to be safe.

Alder fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 5, 2023

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

hazardousmouse posted:

I don’t have anything to add to the others that replied except that I love that novel! And I hadn’t made that connection before. I didn’t realize that Ea was in other media!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARChS9qBSnA

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

fantastic

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Alder posted:

So I'm struggling with The lala boss in the Aloaloa islands and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice to help clear him :sigh:

Boil him, mash him, stick him in a stew

Normal or criterion?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Alder posted:

By "AoE boxes" do you mean the blue squares that fill the arena? There's two forms to that.
--single lines criss-cross across the arena. Stand where an arrow's not pointing at you, there's usually four safe spots (reduced by other mechanics when they stack up)
--Two lines, but redirecting arrows so they double back. One edge of the arena is left empty.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I've gotten so close like several times in only my first handful of attempts on the fall guys nonsense but the snapshotting and hitboxes on stage 3 are absolutely ludicrous and I get robbed a lot

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Alder posted:

The part where flowers come up? The snapshots for damage are when the flowers "grow" and when they explode, and they always grow and explode in the same pattern. Like most things, walk into the thing that just exploded. It's pretty easy to get the timing if you do it on the middle two squares, but if you're at one of the ends you have to transition on the rows where it's not zig-zagging back on itself, since you won't have time to snapshot between the two tiles if they're exploding sequentially.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kazinsal posted:

Steam didn't get the message about me changing my credit card for subscriptions apparently so my sub lapsed... aaaaaaand Mog Station is loving broken so I can't update my subscription details until they fix it.

pain

I feel your pain, I forgot to upload my subscription card enough cash to pay for my script since it came a day early due to the last month being 31 days and my subscription lapsed too. I think I'm going to leave mine off for the month though. I don't have a working PC and my PS4 isn't licensed to EW due to PSN fuckery.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think I'm honestly done with Onsal. The map's tendency to cluster node spawns consistently leads to situations where you get hemmed into your base fighting for control over a single A spawn while both sides pinch directly onto you in a way that prevents them from ever fighting eachother and grants free access to any other nodes that spawn across the map, and it's impossible to mind control 23 other people to cede the node and reset the map state so you can move out again. It's not even just that it randomly turns winning situations into losing ones with no real recourse in non-premades, but rather that getting smashed by 48 people for multiple minutes at a time is tedious to the extreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Does anyone know what color setting Crystalline Conflict uses for enemies? I can't find a specific option, and whatever I've chosen just so happens to look very close to my party, which, uh, isn't optimal.