Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Unhand me at once! Do You Know Who I Am? I'm Yam! Yam Galas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1720873610519150717?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

a second american carrier fleet is in the mideteranian to help kill women and children and protect genocide

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lol macklemore at the protest ftw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
IDF infantry you're doing amazing sweetie

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

fosborb posted:

assistant manager at pizza hut rear end major

Dang. They could have used that guy to assist in making pizza for IDF troops.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Soggy Muffin posted:

I’m starting to think that the only reason the tanks are unsupported by infantry is that the IDF doesn’t want videos released by hamas of their troops just getting absolutely ganked. Can’t think of any other reason

I think it’s probably difficult to convince people they should be outside the tank protecting it vs inside the tank being protected. that kind of personal calculus is probably not a problem unique to Israel, but making a bunch of baby-soft Rails devs and Project Managers go and do it even if they don’t want to is

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
trying to rely on mainstream news is making lose my loving mind. can anyone explain why we're calling it a 'humanitarian pause'? why is the IAF dropping 2k pound bombs (other than the obvious explanation)?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Robo Turnus posted:

trying to rely on mainstream news is making lose my loving mind. can anyone explain why we're calling it a 'humanitarian pause'? why is the IAF dropping 2k pound bombs (other than the obvious explanation)?

why are you doing that to yourself?

Mainstream news is for lowlevel propaganda for the morons and a vector for psychological attack against everyone else

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Justin Tyme posted:

the mickey mouse-rear end structure of the IDF is loving with me, like 20 year old staff sgts and 22 year old sergeant first class. a SSG is responsible for a squad (like 7-10 troops) and a SFC is responsible for an entire platoon (30-40 troops). In competent militaries these would be like 24-25 year olds with a 6 to 7 year time in service minimum respectively. A 20 year old reservist ssg is asking for trouble and its a miracle they can even leave the motorpool in an organized fashion (but as we have seen with the fields of merkavas haphazardly rolling out in a giant blob, even that might be up in the air)

How the gently caress is a SSG (is that a warrant officer?) responsible for a section?

That's on you guys too.

Lance Corporals should be leading half-sections and Corporals sections.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Ceasefires are for losers while humanitarian pauses come from the noblesse oblige of the most powerful and ethical army on earth (who still can’t stomach it lol)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A Major at 25. At my age I'd probably be a five star general.

At your age? Netanyahu is F_Shit_Fitzgerald 2

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Robo Turnus posted:

A "humanitarian pause" is what's favored by the blood-gargling psychopaths because it implies a very strict window of time in which Israel will not attack, followed promptly by a resumption. As in, you'll have 72 hours (or whatever) of no bombings while aid gets waved through, and then it's game on again at the end of it.

This is "better" than a "ceasefire" in terms of being a blood-gargling psychopath because a ceasefire implies an indefinite period of time of no attacks while negotiations are made.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the lack of any real protest in egypt or jordan over the last couple weeks that tries to force their governments to take more active measures is genuinely depressing to me. then again what did i expect. arab society is compeltely loving dead, were dead useless societies.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Pretty sure Israel has already lost more tanks than Russia did during the 4 month long battle of Grozny lol. Looks like hamas using same hit and run tactics of small very mobile fire teams that the Chechens used

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

PawParole posted:

how do we know that those are correct and haven’t been sold off for scrap or are non-maintained knowing the IDF? The Oakland shipment was supposed to have contained tanks before it was stopped.

The quality of the reserve tanks, especially those Merkava 3s are unknown. It seems like they are mostly using their modernized Merkava 4s and have been doing so for a while.

The real question is if the IDF wants to have to start using downgraded equipment once they have lost quite a bit of it. Admittedly damaged tanks are not destroyed but the question becomes how far Israel wants to take it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Soggy Muffin posted:

I’m starting to think that the only reason the tanks are unsupported by infantry is that the IDF doesn’t want videos released by hamas of their troops just getting absolutely ganked. Can’t think of any other reason

Yes.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sancho Banana posted:

More dead guys

- Major Yehuda Natan Cohen, age 25, Commander of a company in Sayeret Givati
- Staff Sergeant Gilad Nahmia Nitzan, age 21 Combatant in Givati
- Staff Sergeant Yondav Raz Levinstein, age 23, combatant in Givati
- Chief Sergeant First Class Lior Arazi, age 25, paramedic and combatant in the Shaldag Unit

All deaths from Gaza.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1720858469601861739?t=8Lf-e1T3fqvTrfznIRzXNw&s=19

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

thank you america!

https://twitter.com/qudsnen/status/1720875827993215328?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Robo Turnus posted:

why is the IAF dropping 2k pound bombs (other than the obvious explanation)?

What size bombs do you want them to drop, robo turnus

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

"Hearts and minds" aka "no body photos - coffins are fine. A tank is basically a coffin already...leave the fellas inside the coffin "

Btw, thanks for the book recommendation yesterday.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Mind-boggling scenes just released by Al-Qassam shows their fighters engaging IOF invaders on POINT BLANK range in the outskirts of Al-Shati Camp and Sheikh Radwan neighbourhood.

10 vehicles destroyed

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Robo Turnus posted:

well, we've been conditioned by decades of media that the REAL mature, adult heroes are the people who make the hard choices and cause innocent people to die, and also real maturity is meeting the other party halfway, so a humanitarian pause on genocide is the halfway point they decided on

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
one of the things that's interesting to me is that "a population so determined to resist that they will run up to a tank just to throw a molotov on it" was something that the media kept hyping up as what the Ukrainians would do, which obviously did not happen

but not only did it not-happen, it did not happen from both directions. As in, the babushkas and the child soldiers didn't get a chance to throw molotovs on T-90s because the Russians didn't fight like that. They did lose their share of tanks, but those tanks were taken out with ATGMs and drones and other conventional means, never through anything as radical as what the Hamas fighters have been doing

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Yesh_Din/status/1720418083502772254

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

alarumklok posted:

get in the merkava, brigadier general shinji

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

My favorite protesters are dudes who are high up when you're not supposed to be. They rock and I'm never cool enough to join.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

lol macklemore at the protest ftw

I'm gonna pop some tanks
Only got a shaped charge in my pocket
I'm-I'm-I'm tunneled, looking where to come up
This is loving awesome

etc.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

PawParole posted:

Mind-boggling scenes just released by Al-Qassam shows their fighters engaging IOF invaders on POINT BLANK range in the outskirts of Al-Shati Camp and Sheikh Radwan neighbourhood.

10 vehicles destroyed

is this the footage i mentioned earlier or a new one?

ah ok its the same one

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Fell Mood posted:

Has anyone done the math on how many days until Israel has literally no tanks left if this continues? It is bizarre watching a military do this.

A tank is a state of mind. A tank is any vehicle that carries bravery and honor into the glorious field of battle. What is a soldier but a bipedal fleshy tank

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Abu Ubeida is on aljazeera, he just released what I can only describe as some of the most insane combat footage I have ever seen

1) he says in the last 24 hours hamas destroyed 25 IDF vehicles and tanks.

2) he announces that they're using a TBG RPG, which is a thermobaric missile that is essentially a room clearing RPG to clear out entire rooms of IDF whenever they try to set up frontal operating bases.

3) he then shows a bunch of clips of Hamas fighters constantly getting to within 15 feet or zero distance of several israeli tanks and destroying them, absolutely insane footage. they are always at point blank range. it's loving insane.

4) one of the shots is a hamas fighter CLIMBING AN IDF BULLDOZER , lighting it on fire and planting a flag on it.

None of the IDF tanks have infantry around them at all, literal sitting ducks. there's like five tanks in a row, and the hamas guys can walk to within 15 feet and shoot all of them.

There was that APC at the end with the camera operated machinegun just lazily scanning in the wrong direction while some guy hits it with a tandem HEAT at point blank range.

ripbozo

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

fits my needs posted:

no fuel, until they completely run out of fuel

What the gently caress is the point of the embargo if it's affecting civilians but not Hamas, by their own admission?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Morbus posted:

There was that APC at the end with the camera operated machinegun just lazily scanning in the wrong direction while some guy hits it with a tandem HEAT at point blank range.

ripbozo

nobody wants to work any more

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

President Biden, sir, lock the protesters up and kick them out before they ruin the midterms

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/lexialex/status/1720843082940473852?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Germany comes out for palestine

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

What the gently caress is the point of the embargo if it's affecting civilians but not Hamas, by their own admission?

The cruelty's the point, OP.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I'm surprised the State Department hasn't sicced our IDF trained police officers on the protestors yet. I'm glad it hasn't happened yet, but I'm worried that it's on the horizon.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I have no idea what the size of the DC protest is right now, but apparently an organizer said we're backed up from the Capitol building to all the way down Pennsylvania. Seems like a ton, probably the biggest I've been to.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
prohibiting Irish people, or the Palestinian spouses of Filipinos (who are otherwise allowed to leave) really blows wide open this idea that the war is only specifically against Hamas (as if we didn't already have lots of proof of that in other ways) because what other possible reason could there be to enforce such arbitrary rules against people who are decidedly NOT Hamas fighters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

You know on one hand the IDF armor would almost definitely be fighting better if they ditched the Trophy system and just had infantry screening them, but on the other hand if the infantry has the survival instinct of the tankers they might have already been wiped out