Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

fosborb posted:

taking the aging US tunnel system to the DC protest. weekend enrichment activity for the whole family!

can't we get hamas on the job to build you some of those sick air conditioned tunnels with handrails and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh man maybe it's the absinth talking but maybe Israel should stop bombing people idunno

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

wow they barely made it into the suburds and already theyve lost a couple battalions worth of tanks. the mighty israeli army that once took over the sinai and reached beirut in a week is being ground to powder for every inch of gaza

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Frosted Flake posted:

I think this is in reference to the IDF reserve soldier who was posting on Instagram into the week after Oct 7, and was only added to the list of the missing on the day she was rescued or whatever.

She wasn't a reservist iirc, she was a watcher with the rank of private.

E: yup, and she's called ori magidish.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/PalestineCultu1/status/1720717645509525658

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

if only arab counties can return to the world :smith:

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Prediction: in a couple days a Hamas guy is gonna see a tank and be like

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sancho Banana posted:

She wasn't a reservist iirc, she was a watcher with the rank of private.

E: yup, and she's called ori magidish.

Wtf is a watcher?

Israel is so loving weird:

The book of Deuteronomy and Ori Magidish’s return from captivity

(The Marvel shirt really makes it for me)

The joy at her return was overwhelming. The entire country was ecstatic with Ori's return to her family in Kiryat Gat. Her parents wanted to thank God for the miracle and spoke about the faith that had kept them going through the difficult times.

Earlier, during her stay in captivity, Ori's family had gone to Rabbi Yoshiyahu Pinto and asked for his blessing and advice.

Rabbi Pinto encouraged the family and strengthened them. He asked them to begin reading the Book of Deuteronomy every Shabbat, which is a spiritual catalyst to achieve salvation in times of trouble. In addition, Rabbi Pinto arranged Torah classes and prayers for Ori's sake and for all the abducted and missing persons.

After Ori returned from captivity, her aunt called Rabbi Pinto and thanked him for his prayers. She said that "the spiritual catalyst of reading the Book of Deuteronomy brought about the salvation in heaven."

"Immediately at the end of Simchat Torah - we joined the Shuva Yisrael group where hundreds took it upon themselves to read the Book of Deuteronomy on Shabbat. It is known as a spiritual catalyst to effect a great salvation, to release the kidnapped and to heal the wounded. We all read the Book and received a personal blessing from Rabbi Pinto," she said.

"Now," she added, "after Ori came back to us in an amazing miracle, we have no doubt that it is thanks to reading the Book of Deuteronomy, and Rabbi Pinto's blessing."

In the last few days, the Magidish family home was packed with celebrants from all denominations and circles, who came from all over the country to give thanks and praise for the great miracle.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Sancho Banana posted:

- captain (three closets) after three years as first lieutenant OR after finishing all their training poo poo if they have a master's degree (same poo poo)

- major (one leaf, they officially these falafels for some loving reason) yet another three years later OR after their training if their have a doctorate.

To clarify, I'm pretty sure that these college officers are also only for REMFy stuff. But yeah, a combatant with the rank of major that's only 25 is weird.

It's the most German of brains. Get a degree and then realize that you would rather serve in a criminal organisation, leading Einsatzgruppen in the annihilation of civilians.

The higher SS ranks were full of university graduates.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Frosted Flake posted:

I think this is in reference to the IDF reserve soldier who was posting on Instagram into the week after Oct 7, and was only added to the list of the missing on the day she was rescued or whatever.

Lol, I totally forgot about her, since no-one took up the story outside Israel and it basically died on the vine.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

If this picture is true, it's probably the most embarrassing photo of all time for the IDF

https://x.com/ahmedalshedee/status/1720366536907432190?s=20

*wilhelm scream*

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Frosted Flake posted:

Wtf is a watcher?

Y'know, a watchtower girl, however you call it. Except it's the IDF, so instead of watching with binoculars, they probably watch all the inspector gadget security systems they got set up at the border.

E: In hebrew it's "Tatzpitan/Tatzpitanit" (depending on gender) which literally means "observationist" or "lookoutist".

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 21:40 on Nov 4, 2023

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1720891856999879087?t=KVwhmT_ujXG_rKfHWLacWw&s=19

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/omarsuleiman504/status/1720895002102972578

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Wtf is a watcher?

Israel is so loving weird:

The book of Deuteronomy and Ori Magidish’s return from captivity

(The Marvel shirt really makes it for me)

The joy at her return was overwhelming. The entire country was ecstatic with Ori's return to her family in Kiryat Gat. Her parents wanted to thank God for the miracle and spoke about the faith that had kept them going through the difficult times.

Earlier, during her stay in captivity, Ori's family had gone to Rabbi Yoshiyahu Pinto and asked for his blessing and advice.

That Rabbi is a friend of Lebron James

https://www.jta.org/2022/05/23/sports/lebron-james-attends-jewish-nyc-wedding-holding-hands-with-a-notorious-rabbi

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
All those memes about farmers capturing Russian tanks but it's about Hamas fighters capturing Merkavas

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Someone should get an Absolutely Safe Capsule for Netanyahu and invite him to get in.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1720834238201594152?t=GnEWNWp6rUWkcEvT6bJd1Q&s=19

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Pookah posted:

Lol, I totally forgot about her, since no-one took up the story outside Israel and it basically died on the vine.

Yeah that's the thing, in retrospect it really seems like an obvious ham-fisted attempt to make the government/IDF seem like they were doing something about the hostages, and the silence and lack of additional 'rescues' since then really seems to reinforce that it was fake.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

PawParole posted:

israel is so against using human shields they won't even allow the infantry to screen for their armor

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU
https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1720734520108843104

"Participated in a protest in front of the Israeli embassy. The number of participants is said to be 1,600. I think that's an order of magnitude less than the situation in Europe and America, but that's Japan. I plan to participate in the demonstration starting from Hibiya Park tomorrow evening."

https://twitter.com/shiiii_hoo/status/1720719082050515120

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sancho Banana posted:

Y'know, a watchtower girl, however you call it. Except it's the IDF, so instead of watching with binoculars, they probably watch all the inspector gadget security systems they got set up at the border.

E: In hebrew it's "Tatzpitan/Tatzpitanit" (depending on gender) which literally means "observationist" or "lookoutist".

That's not a job in most militaries lmao.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Oglethorpe posted:

BBC accidentally aired a correct voice

(from t.me/DDGeopolitics/90419, via tgsa)

alright that's enough news for me today

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

this is heart wrenching

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

it is when your military needs to be a summer camp between high school and college!

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Frosted Flake posted:

There was a bunch of blame thrown at the watcher girls after October 7th online for supposedly causing the disaster by not properly doing their job - then some guys on the news (I think it was channel 13?) spoke about alleged accounts by watchers about how they reported suspicious activity around the border in the days before but their commanders didn't listen. Might just be bullshit.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 21:59 on Nov 4, 2023

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Oglethorpe posted:

Well, that's mind searing.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

lol.

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1720904067663188238?t=voj-5g41VDV8KuiaI1Rcew&s=19

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Holy poo poo this Blinken guy is Just standing there jerking Israel off

And you guys were saying America has forgotten how to do diplomacy.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

bless

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1720890194793292263

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

holy poo poo why does his face look like its melting

hes got that melty face that a lot of rich people have and its always weird

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Oglethorpe posted:

DTI and DTA now and forever.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol at the media blackout. MSNBC and cnn just have stuff about the trump show trial or wahtever thats even about

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Oglethorpe posted:

Listening to her, I was reminded of the Sampoong Department Store collapse in 1995. The entire structure pancaked all the way to the ground.

There was a survivor that was rescued 10 days after the collapse. He was curled up, in the dark, drinking runoff water to survive.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

I can't believe it's not Hitler!

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU
https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1720853819356230003

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

"did my own research" usually presages some obscene stupid opinion that sits opposite to the "mainstream" narrative, and so if someone "did their own research" and came out with an accurate view of history it means the media has completely hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
I'm at the West Coast demonstration, in San Francisco, there's a new chant, "Genocide Joe, genocide Joe, not another term, you've got to go!"