Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

fart blood posted:

Cody knew for weeks, if not months, that he was losing at Mania.

I wonder if he tried to convince himself that they would change plans closer to the actual event and when the result wasn't changed then that's why he and Brandi looked miserable in that backstage video.

:lmao: :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

fart blood posted:

Cody knew for weeks, if not months, that he was losing at Mania.

and still had the courage to megapwn -1. that's why he's the best

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

projecthalaxy posted:

Did anything funny happen at Saudimania (besides Kairi coming back I guess). I miss reading the old Saudimania recaps with like Undertaker or Shane winning tournaments they aren't in and being presented with large trophies and such. they seem to just be normal ppvs in the afternoon now

they put the US Belt on Logan Paul

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

The crowd yelling rear end in a top hat at Roman for a minute after :eah: kicked outta of a superman punch/spear so that was funny to me

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

projecthalaxy posted:

Did anything funny happen at Saudimania (besides Kairi coming back I guess). I miss reading the old Saudimania recaps with like Undertaker or Shane winning tournaments they aren't in and being presented with large trophies and such. they seem to just be normal ppvs in the afternoon now

My guess is that the last time the Olds wrestled for blood money, they actually saved some of that so they don't have to wrestle for blood money again until the money is gone because of their dumb rear end-ery.

It's not that they don't like wrestling for blood money, it's just all the heat and the threat of being taken hostage/being dismembered thing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1720902555276923008?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WWill osprEay :pray:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

the water is warm because it’s pee

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

someusername posted:

Jade's 60 run streak of almost all squashes was all but 1 match she wrestled. And then a couple good rematches with a top worker.

Most of that hardly counts as experience and it strung out over a couple years? They bought super sexy Goldberg

Jade had some pretty good matches but they were always obviously rehearsed and with people who she trained with.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

She could also rehearse her matches in WWE. Thats even what live events are for

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
did roman win?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

About the same temperature as blood.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

DEAR RICHARD posted:

did roman win?

lol

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Lamuella posted:

About the same temperature as blood.

It's hilarious because it couldn't be more obvious that Will is AEW bound and he's growing his stock by implying that he's going to go anywhere and it's getting eaten up by the dumbest people alive. Seth moving in slow motion like he's hip deep in mud could never.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Do they still have all those bored guys sitting around ringside in couches

i think there are some normal regular fans in tshirts and little kids ringside now to make those people look less bored

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

i think there are some normal regular fans in tshirts and little kids ringside now to make those people look less bored

Some women too, right?

Right?

oh, right. That's a no, I guess.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

Some women too, right?

Right?

oh, right. That's a no, I guess.

their moms are there

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

world heavyweight championship sucked me off?!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Testekill posted:

moving in slow motion like he's hip deep in mud

Gravity signed with WWE?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Oh no, not Drew McIntyre?! Surely he can't have lost!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Vince will never let Drew win after he didn't beat up his wife irl that one time (lol he fired him) and has hated him ever since (the covid title was Vince rib)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

His contract's expiring before Mania and he still hasn't extended

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

forkboy84 posted:

Feel like you shouldn't be allowed to promote wrestling if you lose Dragon Lee in the shuffle

You could (and should) say the same about like two dozen different people wwe lost in the shuffle in the last ten years

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
surely this time things will be different now that Triple H is in charge...again

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

he should get an extra H each time he falls from power only to rise again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

His contract's expiring before Mania and he still hasn't extended
was drew ever a Paul guy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
no drew and bobby were vince guys during covid and hhh has cooled them off, even though crowds still like both guys

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/CrispyWrestlin/status/1720940041478758420

Surely this time she will actually be competently booked and not be presented as a gigantic loser.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

no drew and bobby were vince guys during covid and hhh has cooled them off, even though crowds still like both guys

it rules that Hunter won't even push the Vince guys that people actually like because he remembers when they were active wrestlers at the same time he was, its instinctual lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sarray about your drat luck

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Sarray'n Sane

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
WWE's ability to convince people it'll be different this time is unreal

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

im sure the money helps

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

"It's cool, I'll be like Sami!"
- everybody

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Putting all the joshi together in Bayley's stable

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given Japan's business is down and that Joshi aside from Bushiroad stardom doesn't pay super well I can see people going back if they want to get paid

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

*travel and accommodations not included*

I guess it's nice when all the Joshies get to drive around in the same rental car with Bayley, maybe they could make another show out of that!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Grendels Dad posted:

*travel and accommodations not included*

I guess it's nice when all the Joshies get to drive around in the same rental car with Bayley, maybe they could make another show out of that!

And also just perpetually be tied to whatever Asuka/Iyo are doing cause WWE is still in "Everyone of the same nationality has to either be in a faction together or feuding with each other" mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
did the yeah! Guy finish the story