Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i will never stop loving professional wrestling and hulk hogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m glad the horny posting went away though, it sucked bad.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just to be clear too, my advice of "just don't get so loving mad" comes from a place of my own growth of learning to not be so loving mad. I used to be way more sympathetic to EA and the other posters who hated the vibes because I also thought folks were way too mean here. And then I started reading the posts with more grace and humility in how I read them, as funny goofy guy posts, and I became less angry. I also watched this place really try to change for posters who complained about the vibes and all that happened is that people tried to change and still got called poo poo stirrers and trolls and spraying poo poo or whatever. I learned to be less aggro from words on the internet and it's been great

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
It should be illegal to post in the WWE thread without watching the show. Even if it meant it was me and two other people posting. There should be a thread for talking about shows you don’t watch and people can be angry as hell in there.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

complete disagree with that lol

people post amazing gifs, videos and photos all the time from wwe content that always bolsters discussion about those bits of media and even out of context they are great items to discuss and enjoy

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please let EMF be IK of the Wwe thread. I’ll give up my dreams of being deputy of the Gen Thread handing out Sixers to people who like Barqs if I can make my baby boy’s dream of the perfect WWF thread come true. It’s something that we can all come together and rally behind, this is a reach across the aisle moment.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

no

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

last thing we need is more moderation

people are already upset about sixers

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

There’s nothing stopping a WWE Mecca thread from being created. The WWE likers should not get custody of all the funny posts that have been already made

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Just to be clear too, my advice of "just don't get so loving mad" comes from a place of my own growth of learning to not be so loving mad. I used to be way more sympathetic to EA and the other posters who hated the vibes because I also thought folks were way too mean here. And then I started reading the posts with more grace and humility in how I read them, as funny goofy guy posts, and I became less angry. I also watched this place really try to change for posters who complained about the vibes and all that happened is that people tried to change and still got called poo poo stirrers and trolls and spraying poo poo or whatever. I learned to be less aggro from words on the internet and it's been great

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wrestling is stupid and full of problematic individuals learn to lol instead of posting seriously about it or you will lose your mind the reason thsi forum is insufferable is that every time a wrestler is on tv we have to discuss with deep gravitas every hosed up thing they did they all suck as people we know we dont need to discuss and bring up their crimes unless its funny or relevant to whats happening

KungFu Grip posted:

people take posting about wrestling too loving serious is my only take and the new hot alternative thats nothing like wwe having its bloom starting to fade i think is driving posters insane as some try to keep up the positive vibes while others who have been through this before see the bad stuff so easily.

I just want to highlight these posts because I agree with them.
The fact that there's a VIBE PROBLEM on a wrestling forum is wild to me, seeing as it is a deeply silly and unserious medium that lends itself to jokes and derision, but I can understand it somewhat.
What I don't understand is people getting mad and aggro at people who are goofing off and writing clearly unserious posts. Saying "Tony Khan hosed His Own rear end By Booking This" or "Seeing Emi Sakura wrestle killed my 3 year old son" should in no way be seen as personnal attacks or the dreaded Trolling.
It's people being silly about a silly subject to have fun and hopefully get others to laugh aswell.
Some people get too wrapped up in their fandom and probably unconsciously interpret jeers and derision about the product they consume as someone passing judgment on them. Sometimes it comes off as someone entering a conversation from the outside and being all "Can you guys be more serious about the thing i like please" which is weird but whatever.

However some people are just incredibly meanspirited and aggro for no reason though thay it's actually led me to use the ignore function for the first time on this web zone so basically TKO is a land of contrasts :newlol:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

It should be illegal to post in the WWE thread without watching the show. Even if it meant it was me and two other people posting. There should be a thread for talking about shows you don’t watch and people can be angry as hell in there.
have you tried the enclosed pool area

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

There’s nothing stopping a WWE Mecca thread from being created. The WWE likers should not get custody of all the funny posts that have been already made

absolutely

if someone wants to make a only positive stuff about wwe thread I'll gladly not post in it nor ruin anyone's fun because I'll respect what they're going for with that particular thread but turning any promotions general discussion thread into a good vibes only thread is weird because there's definitely a difference

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Please let EMF be IK of the Wwe thread. I’ll give up my dreams of being deputy of the Gen Thread handing out Sixers to people who like Barqs if I can make my baby boy’s dream of the perfect WWF thread come true. It’s something that we can all come together and rally behind, this is a reach across the aisle moment.

You can't hold me liking barqs against me. I'm a new Orleans boy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people should be at least mildly aware of whats going on in wwe when they try to make fun of it instead of making stuff up because the other stuff happening is much funnier most the time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

absolutely

if someone wants to make a only positive stuff about wwe thread I'll gladly not post in it nor ruin anyone's fun because I'll respect what they're going for with that particular thread but turning any promotions general discussion thread into a good vibes only thread is weird because there's definitely a difference

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

barq's has bite

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dare you to make a post that isnt an empty quote :twisted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

have you tried the enclosed pool area

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

You can't hold me liking barqs against me. I'm a new Orleans boy

They're alright but I prefer Mug or A&W

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Lemme give an outsider's perspective on why I don't post or read much in TKO in spite of being a huge wrestling fan and former Wrestlehut/PSP poster way back in the day, you might see that as someone criticizing without the right to do it because I don't participate, or you might think it's valuable to see why someone who's into the subject matter and would be a prospective poster takes a look around and says "not for me"

The vibe is too aggro, too serious, and too wound up about nonsense. The horny poo poo didn't help but if it's fallen off, good. It's wrestling. It's inherently stupid. It's stupid in the best possible way, but at its core, it's about the most unserious thing on the planet. Serious things happen with it, no doubt, but as a topic, it's supposed to be a fun one, and the vibe every time I've come in to lurk isn't fun, so I go post elsewhere and spend more time talking to people who aren't hardcore long-time fans because they look at it with the eyes of someone who's enjoying it for what it is

this is why we're promoting the Enclosed Pool Area as an alternative

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

every perspective should be valuable in the feedback thread unless you think hiring flair in 2023 is a good idea

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

every perspective should be valuable in the feedback thread unless you think hiring flair in 2023 is a good idea

i dont think its a good idea but i dont think its the end of the world if hes just gonna be the guy who comes out every 2-3 months to go wooo and try to sell his energy drink that will definitely put termites in your rectum

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i dont think its a good idea but i dont think its the end of the world if hes just gonna be the guy who comes out every 2-3 months to go wooo and try to sell his energy drink that will definitely put termites in your rectum

lol alright I'll agree to that

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

yeah this

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

alternately steer into the trainwreck and make him wrestle

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

as long as its ok for posters to poo poo on the owner of the company bringing up his rival companies owner's scumbag history and then hiring someone just as bad as an employee

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

as long as its ok for posters to poo poo on the owner of the company bringing up his rival companies owner's scumbag history and then hiring someone just as bad as an employee

we're really showing them arent we

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is literally victim blaming.
I liked it better when you were prevented from posting on the computer

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

we're really showing them arent we

it is very funny to me to clown on the guy who is too online and trying to be morally superior while doing the same poo poo he's using as a gotcha, as is the way of the poster

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

if you hate Ric Flair for his crimes you should be in favor of him appearing and doing as much as possible in AEW to continue tarnishing his legacy with increasingly pathetic performances

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he ran a finance and give me your gold scam, twice

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he ran a finance and give me your gold scam, twice

drat still one up on double j

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Ric Flair reverse mortgage when