Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

victorious posted:

There's a new 'Choose 1 of 2' bundle exclusive to the web shop. You get either Max Grecke Wolverine or what I think is Knullified Carnage along with 2100 credits, 210 boosters and an avatar for the same price as a Season Pass.

https://pay-va.nvsgames.com/topup/262304/ph-en?tab=purchase

(Reminder that buying from the Philippines web shop is cheaper. By about 25% for me but I don't know if it's the same for all currencies.)

Reminder also that you only get 1600 credits with Conqueror Carnage because it's Super Rare. Fantastic variant, though - it's not Knullified because he's actually standing on Knull's neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
In the comics are the red symbiotes dangerous to black symbiotes like the venom movie with carnage suggested

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Jedit posted:

Reminder also that you only get 1600 credits with Conqueror Carnage because it's Super Rare. Fantastic variant, though - it's not Knullified because he's actually standing on Knull's neck.

But I already have Fiona and Artgerm Carnage !!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

canyonero posted:

Reminder that Discard and Cerebro are still good matchups against Loki.

Discard has been the deck I've been playing lately and yeah, it does alright against Loki. You can still lose if they get Collector on the board early, but it's hard for them to get great value out of your cards. I imagine Cerebro is probably Loki's worst matchup, though. I did run into one running Enchantress though, and Rogue is still out there, so v0v

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
New month preview is a lofi chill beats live YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/live/botLiZqNHvs?si=U2BFAfCfyGlbAUfO

Two Peach Moko shop takeovers coming in November, and Twitch drops from the 15th to the 22nd. Details tbc but one of the rewards is a Peach Moko Punisher variant.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Peach Momoko Punisher is the Twitch Drop, Peach Momoko Psylocke is the conquest reward, Peach Momoko Captain Marvel, Spectrum, and Ms. Marvel for the season pass, cash bundles for Peach Momoko She-Hulk ($65) and Black Widow ($10), and Peach Momoko shop takeover (female characters) on 11/8 and (male characters) 11/15.

I'm in fuckin Peach Momoko variant heaven, finally time for best girl to shine.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
The fact that Gladiator has gibberish cursing for when he pulls a bigger card is great.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'm starting to think that, with how consistent Discard has become, they should give Morbius the Angela treatment. 2/2 +1 rather than 2/0 +2. That would put him in line with both her and Collecter. As it stands, I think he generates too many stats for a 2 energy card.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 4, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Skippy McPants posted:

I'm starting to think that, with how consistent Discord has become, they should give Morbius the Angela treatment. 2/2 +1 rather than 2/0 +2. That would put him in line with both her and Collecter. As it stands, I think he generates too many stats for a 2 energy card.

What list are you running? I always love Discard.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The default list, and I love it too. My point is that I think it's verging on too powerful. With Daken and buffed Hellcow beefing up its midgame and aiding its endgame consistency, I think it passed a tipping point where Morbius is too good in the deck. He used to be a crutch, but now that its payoff fires regularly, I think he has too many stats for a 2-energy card. If played on curve, he rarely finishes the game with less than 10 power.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Skippy McPants posted:

The default list, and I love it too.

The heck is the default list?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Quackles posted:

The heck is the default list?

It ramps into stats almost par with Destory while being more resistant to tech disruption thanks to Drac being Shang-proof (which I don't think they should nerf. It's a cool and unique property.)

Previously, the deck suffered from serious consistency issues and a lack of viable mid-range stats if its win-con didn't fire (Mob > Drac > MODOK with Apoc in hand). Now though, with Daken and buffs to discard outlets like Blade and Hellcow in the past couple of months, it shines at pretty much every phase of the game while still having its sick end-game payoff.

In its current state, I don't think it oughta have a 2-drop that frequently pushes over 10 power.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Devo posted:

I was playing Loki yesterday and I got absolutely loving owned by a Wong deck. Tigers making GBS threads all over the place. It seemed unbeatable with my deck.

I lost mine because the client bugged out and i couldn't place any cards without restarting and i missed my turn.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Skippy McPants posted:

It ramps into stats almost par with Destory while being more resistant to tech disruption thanks to Drac being Shang-proof (which I don't think they should nerf. It's a cool and unique property.)

Previously, the deck suffered from serious consistency issues and a lack of viable mid-range stats if its win-con didn't fire (Mob > Drac > MODOK with Apoc in hand). Now though, with Daken and buffs to discard outlets like Blade and Hellcow in the past couple of months, it shines at pretty much every phase of the game while still having its sick end-game payoff.

In its current state, I don't think it oughta have a 2-drop that frequently pushes over 10 power.

Ah, that list! I admit I'm loath to run Hell Cow simply because it's random (I usually ran one of Moon Knight or Gambit), but this is a good deck generally... assuming you draw well.

EDIT: Because I have a weekend mission, I stuck WWBN in in place of Hell Cow. It's been working surprisingly well so far???

Quackles fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 4, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hell Cow works better than you might think because the cards you don’t want to discard are already in play by the time she comes down. You play her as a backup MODOK and the only things you’re ever sad to see leave your hand are Morb, Daken, and Drac. If two or those three cards aren’t in play by T5 then it’s probably a retreat angle anyway.

Edit: yeah, WWBN is over tuned and fits in basically any deck with On Reveals at the moment. I think his jump was intended as a downside, but the ability to dodge tech makes him a lot stronger than the likely planned for. Look for him to be a 3/1 before too long.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 4, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Just had a guy snap back on me and then Iron Lad into MODOK, pitching his whole Hella Tribunal combo into trash. He didn’t stick around for the rest of our conquest match.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Skippy McPants posted:

The default list, and I love it too. My point is that I think it's verging on too powerful. With Daken and buffed Hellcow beefing up its midgame and aiding its endgame consistency, I think it passed a tipping point where Morbius is too good in the deck. He used to be a crutch, but now that its payoff fires regularly, I think he has too many stats for a 2-energy card. If played on curve, he rarely finishes the game with less than 10 power.

It doesn't matter whether you play Morbius on curve or not, he has the same power either way.

I sort of agree with your point, but Morbius is Ongoing rather than functioning like Collector because cards are (generally speaking) a finite resource. That's a factor that translates across to the other aspects of his design. Unless you hit a Hela then with only a few exceptions, every card you throw away is a card you don't play.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Nikumatic posted:

Peach Momoko Punisher is the Twitch Drop, Peach Momoko Psylocke is the conquest reward, Peach Momoko Captain Marvel, Spectrum, and Ms. Marvel for the season pass, cash bundles for Peach Momoko She-Hulk ($65) and Black Widow ($10), and Peach Momoko shop takeover (female characters) on 11/8 and (male characters) 11/15.

I'm in fuckin Peach Momoko variant heaven, finally time for best girl to shine.
This will be the first time I get big into Conquest.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Bell_ posted:

This will be the first time I get big into Conquest.

Hard same.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I was hard anti conquest till they started having variants worth the effort. Like someone above never got a good iron man varian so the midnight suns seemed like a no brainer.

Now it's another check off for weekely efforts to just snag gold and credits.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
that's honestly the best way to treat it; do enough to get the nonrepeatable treats that you want (credits, gold, variants, and then any of the cosmetics you like). if your deck feels good and you wanna keep running, use up all your tickets and then buy some new ones if you wanna from the shop. then once you blow through those, spend the rest on boosters. ever since they added gold tickets to the caches, I've had way more tickets than i usually want to legitimately play with every season.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes, the best move is to treat Conquest as a way to reward you playing by giving you extra credits, gold, boosters, and a variant. I really have never worried about getting the avatar. It's just a total nothing to me.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Conquest is the casual mode now that they have post inf rankings

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They throw enough gold tickets at you now that even if you don't want to engage, it's easy to drum up some crowns and buy enough to get the variant and whatever else you want

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I have 17 gold tickets right now just from playing! I don't need them from reserves!!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I’d rather get a pixel variant than a gold ticket.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
This is the first time I've been over 80 and I don't want to go under 80 for the end of season, so I'm just messing with conquest.

8 snap proving grounds, sometimes you get lucky even with a completely poo poo deck. Will be grinding that for the weekend goals.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Sometimes conquest is fun because you can do a little reading/bluffing.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

WWbN is awesome and regularly hits 3/14

EDIT: also Rogue-ing someone's Cerebro just before the Mystique hits will never get old

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 5, 2023

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Discard surprisingly consistent. I keep thinking I'll throw away my gold tickets and then the infinite ones real quick, but then I keep winning. 2 days left and I have like 7 of the gold and 5 of the infinite sitting there, and I just want to play Warcraft Clash Royale instead. my brain is broken

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Darke GBF posted:

Discard surprisingly consistent. I keep thinking I'll throw away my gold tickets and then the infinite ones real quick, but then I keep winning. 2 days left and I have like 7 of the gold and 5 of the infinite sitting there, and I just want to play Warcraft Clash Royale instead. my brain is broken

The changes to Blade and Hell Cow, and the addition of Daken, really took the deck to the next level. It's hit a critical mass of coincidently where you very rarely brick on your draws or discard outlets.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Werewolf by Night has seemed super fun so I talked myself into trying for him now that I built up 4 caches, even though I have the other two cards. Got him on my first try, so now I’m still ready for Loki week. :yeah:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I want Alioth and Knull but having two series 4 cards in a spotlight week sucks major rear end

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Got Dan Hipp Leader from a season box. Need Leader boosters immediately.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Beasteh posted:

I want Alioth and Knull but having two series 4 cards in a spotlight week sucks major rear end

You’ve been playing for like a month and can guarantee Alioth and Knull pulls in one week. Two of the best cards in the game. The level of needless bitching in this thread is insane.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm at the point where I had 4 caches, spent one and got lucky with Werewolf, and now I am regretting that I didn't pull on Nico, as she is god drat everywhere and I haven't found a good werewolf deck that doesn't use her as well, with some other card I don't have.

Trying to keep at 4 caches for Dec. 1 for that sweet sweet Jeff though.

Trying to be careful, but the draw for werewolf after seeing him be ridiculous in Conquest was too big of a draw. Then mine always gets Shang Chi'd. :( He doesn't seem to slot into Negative Surfer as well as I hoped.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

He does good in a regular Sera Surfer shell, though.

But yeah, missing Nico is rough. She is going to be a meta staple basically forever unless she eats a nerf.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I put a decent wwbn deck together, but then I just tossed him into my Loki deck and that’s been working way better

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Doc Ock and Shang, forever inseparable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Wait, at the end of the season, my rank doesn't matter other than losing 30 ranks from it? So there's pretty much no reason to not continue playing, even if I drop below my current rank if I don't care about climbing again?!