Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Veotax posted:

Doesn't seem like it, last video was a month ago and the Patreon is up. Looks like Danny has just taken a questionable side job? I guess? I don't know poo poo about this company other than what people have said in this thread.

The only questionable things I saw were him ending the video talking about how great VC investment is and a quick flash of awkwardly spliced in footage of The Thaumaturge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't play hearthstone but I absolutely love every single one of this hearthstone player's videos where he tries to guess the power level of Magic: The Gathering cards. His latest one in particular alongside CovertGoBlue is excellent, and you can really tell he's learned a lot about MTG with some of his takes. It's also an interesting video for me because I stopped playing during Urza Block, in the late 90s, and only got back in during Eldraine Standard, in 2020, so there's a massive gap of knowledge of playstyles and metas that I'm missing context on, and CGB explains the various historical contexts very well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DLMUVaJE0&hd=1

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't play hearthstone but I absolutely love every single one of this hearthstone player's videos where he tries to guess the power level of Magic: The Gathering cards. His latest one in particular alongside CovertGoBlue is excellent, and you can really tell he's learned a lot about MTG with some of his takes. It's also an interesting video for me because I stopped playing during Urza Block, in the late 90s, and only got back in during Eldraine Standard, in 2020, so there's a massive gap of knowledge of playstyles and metas that I'm missing context on, and CGB explains the various historical contexts very well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DLMUVaJE0&hd=1

Yeah I barely play HS any more and haven't played IRL magic in a while but Rarran's crossover video's for MTG/Yu-Gi-Oh/Heartstone/etc are fun.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What does VC mean

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

beep by grandpa posted:

What does VC mean

Venture capital

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

beep by grandpa posted:

What does VC mean

Private equity but with a stronger focus on startups

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

OH NO

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
The Report Of The Week has decided to start a series of at least two parts up to "as long as it takes" about the state of the fast food industry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uZpt8WV9Y

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

New Internet Historian video is out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTKXnfHByX8.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

He still has the best NORDVPN adds

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

DeafNote posted:

He still has the best NORDVPN adds

The one where he speedran the Nord ad was the best, he'll never top it

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

isn't this guy a massive chud?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dunno

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Interweb posted:

they all are. mad?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

We love chuds here.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Mr Interweb posted:

He regularly (at least for the last couple years) rides the line without clearly crossing it and collaborates regularly with people who aren't chuds. I think the current verdict is "channer edgelord".

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remembering the mandaloregaming resetera chart and laughing

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I knew Tom and Jerry had some outdated humor, but daaaaamn they really loved their blackface jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSH7Hje8wew

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Alaois posted:

remembering the mandaloregaming resetera chart and laughing

The what?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mandaloregaming did a visual gag in his Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri review when talking about how you can make your government super authoritarian by putting a chart on screen of escalating degrees of authoritarianism and the highest level was labeled ResetEra and people in this thread used that as proof he's a chud

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

He regularly (at least for the last couple years) rides the line without clearly crossing it and collaborates regularly with people who aren't chuds. I think the current verdict is "channer edgelord".

Love how something seemingly so benign a lot of the time becomes telephone-gamed into Yeah bro, massive chud, was at jan 6, routinely cites matt walsh, ghost writes for jordan pederson

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Alaois posted:

mandaloregaming did a visual gag in his Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri review when talking about how you can make your government super authoritarian by putting a chart on screen of escalating degrees of authoritarianism and the highest level was labeled ResetEra and people in this thread used that as proof he's a chud

:lmao:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Alaois posted:

lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

SexyBlindfold posted:

i recently had surgery and when i caught that bit in the stream i laughed so hard i actually thought i snapped something and was going to die, so i can say that MDickie's Old School gave me a trascendental experience before even playing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUPh7sJ8bsg&t=1840s

Oh man this is killing me, mdickie ftmfw. Him tunneling into the still-burning classroom is too good

Alaois posted:

Lmfao

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

This question has started coming up in the thread every few months. Here's the answer I gave when someone asked weeks ago,

Skippy McPants posted:

Internet Historian's content, especially the earlier stuff, contains some red flags, along with a lot of indicators that he was active on places like /b and /pol well after those spaces took a hard right turn. There is also a video from about 2017 that he deleted: Kurt Eichenwald - Seize The Day, which resulted in, these reddit posts.

On the other hand, that stuff is at least six years old, and he likely lives in Australia, so his politics might not align 1-to-1 with U.S. expectations. He occasionally does crossovers with various other internet people, some of whom are left-leaning.

On the other, other hand, one of those crossovers is a collaboration video with JonTron from less than a year ago. So at the very least, he probably isn't very concerned about the views of people he works with.

My personal read is that he is a former 4chan edge lord who grew up into an incurious conservative but retains an apolitical public persona. Either because it's good business or because he doesn't like the reaction he gets when he's open about his political opinions.

If he hadn't done the thing with JonTron, I don't think anyone would have noticed or cared. He keeps a very low profile.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Speaking of MandaloreGaming, he's often on a podcast called Please Stop Talking and the stories from his past are hilarious. Dude's an amazing yarn spinner and also a wild prankster too.

https://youtu.be/Cinyc8FDldw?si=8WNJlHxV2nMVHDVN

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Skippy McPants posted:

This question has started coming up in the thread every few months. Here's the answer I gave when someone asked weeks ago,

If he hadn't done the thing with JonTron, I don't think anyone would have noticed or cared. He keeps a very low profile.

"come to our discord group viewings of tucker carlson" is some poo poo you hear in hell

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

And that Discord has since been deleted. I wonder whhhhhyyyyy.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Alaois posted:

perfect

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Stuff like this confuses me because it's really not hard to get a read on a creator's general political vibe if you engage with their output. Like an author, they simply produce so many words that they can't help but expose large portions of their worldview, even if they're trying to be cagey about it.

Unless they're flat-out plagiarizing, I guess. Dangit, where that Hbomb video at?

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Alaois posted:

:perfect:

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
I found this channel a while ago where this guy plays tons of MMORPGs ostensibly to try to find the "worst" (hence the name of the series "Worst MMO Ever") but really just as an excuse to try a wide variety of them and give his opinions. His most recent video, however, features a game that might genuinely be a contender for the worst MMO ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az9i_xFMH-8

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
resetera was right

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

resetera was right

Is he related to peter cetera

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1720896170585886779?t=xEfWdekNrvqrCEKMfhhIhw&s=19

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1720900843158016416?t=DA93VwYohLbi3LjjtwDvYQ&s=19

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thinking about the quartering and how he's obsessed with brie larson and he's made so many videos about her that an entire playlist with all of them may be over a 100 videos thats just him complaining about her

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thinking about the quartering and how he's obsessed with brie larson and he's made so many videos about her that an entire playlist with all of them may be over a 100 videos thats just him complaining about her

I think thats significantly more footage than is publicly available of brie larson

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr.Radar posted:

I found this channel a while ago where this guy plays tons of MMORPGs ostensibly to try to find the "worst" (hence the name of the series "Worst MMO Ever") but really just as an excuse to try a wide variety of them and give his opinions. His most recent video, however, features a game that might genuinely be a contender for the worst MMO ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az9i_xFMH-8

That was a fun watch about a terrible game :munch:. They're an entertaining host, and I appreciate glib remarks like "I played this for 10 hours, which was about 11 hours too many.". :allears:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I wish I could love anything as strongly as people like this seem to hate everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Also a weird detail from Jenny's tweet somebody pointed out was that the 3 non-Quartering accounts had bizarrely few views. Just churning out garbage every day for 1K to 4K people and what can't be much money.

And they're probably all going to be in a weird spot if The Marvels just comes and goes with no fanfare or outrage to mine.