Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
I have so many questions about the orange peeling. Mainly variations of "why".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rye bread? Garnish??? I'm eating a sandwich with only yellow mustard how rich do you think I am?

Nah that poo poo is on toasted white bread and the butter is optional. A struggle meal I've come back to several times.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's creamed yellow mustard, thank you very much

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Tbf a basic as hell tomato sandwich is a pretty nice, light summer lunch if you have a good batch of toms. Just thin layer of mayo, couple thick slices of tomato with s&p is tasty as hell

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

steinrokkan posted:

It's creamed yellow mustard, thank you very much

See your urologist.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

(yes it's real)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

These had to be aimed at the housewives in the ‘50s or ‘60s perpetually glitched on both barbiturates and amphetamines but wanted to present a veneer of class, right?

Same, except in the ‘70s, on wine, and without any pretense of hoitiness or toitiness

[edit]

Haifisch posted:

The book this came from is public domain and like 200 pages long, btw.

Whew, thank god I know how to put tomatoes on a sandwich now!

I like how both beet sandwiches have cream cheese but only one gets it mentioned in the recipe name.

loving christ

root beer has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Nov 4, 2023

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I'm thinking there must have been a pretty steep transition period from when having domestic servants, like a maid and a cook was perfectly normal for middle-class families, to when only the wealthy had staff.
You'd have a generation of wives who'd never had to do their own cooking having to learn the basics in adulthood.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Pookah posted:

I'm thinking there must have been a pretty steep transition period from when having domestic servants, like a maid and a cook was perfectly normal for middle-class families, to when only the wealthy had staff.
You'd have a generation of wives who'd never had to do their own cooking having to learn the basics in adulthood.

You'd be correct - my mother (ancient age now) talks about all the girls having to do "finishing school" where you'd learn to manage a household (staff/budgeting/cooking/etc) because they were basically expecting to be stay at home moms. There was very few career type jobs available for women at the time.

Then WW2 hit and blew up a huge number of men, and (wo-)man power was needed to keep the world working basically and things balanced out. (roughly put: no one wanted to be a poo poo paid/treated nanny when you could have a career job that treated you better and paid better).

Suddenly you have an entire generation that had to do things themselves and ended up with home-ec classes in schools to teach everyone. Now even that's gone.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Last time I saw a home ec class that wasn't just a cooking class, in real life or in media, was when I was in middle school in 1998/99. It was an optional elective, but we learned cooking, cleaning, sewing, and knitting (and how to waste time playing Scrabble).

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

teen witch posted:

really worried as to how people were eating in the past where it necessitated these instructions for incredibly simple foods.
You're not flipping through the sandwich book figuring out how to make sandwiches. You're flipping through the sandwich book because you feel like a sandwich but don't know what kind.

God help us when we are being judged for food YouTube, let alone tiktok food 50 years from now.

Pookah posted:

Cookbooks are a modernization of how to run household textbooks meant for chiefs of staff that started selling huge numbers when poor people had the chance to learn to read.

Otherwise you're kind of mixing up the magnitudes of people who never learned to cook having life or social changes needing them to cook. The middle class and many high class daughters for example would study under those chiefs of staff (or their mother) for their vocational learning with the assumption that in a nascent household they really don't need to hire their own chief and staff and the lady of the house will take those responsibilities until they've had a dozen kids.

There's similar societal upheaval where poor urban dwellers don't learn how to cook because the workhouses had cafeterias or if you're a bachelor you find an apartment with social meals cooked by the landlords wife or kitchen staff or just groceries couldn't be bought economically at the wages available. With globalization of food and the different agricultural revolutions making urban cooking economical again and placing the kitchen back in the urban apartment.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/5jqav3gcvcyb1/DASH_1080.mp4

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

lol

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
People really need to understand wagyu is 75% like fat by mass and if you try to cook it for more than two seconds it just becomes a pool of grease and a bit of meaty mush.
Also that taco needs some veg.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Wagyu cow: "creator, why was i born?"
God:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Middle Class used to mean rich but not aristocratic.

Like some middle class people were much richer than landowning aristocrats but were still "middle class" .

By British standards Etonite former prime minister and pig face fucker David Cameron is middle class because he isn't a Lord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W34CsPPw5uM

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

That's a bar of soap

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
There's enough grease in that thing that it'll be exiting his system in about 12.43 seconds.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Y’all need to check out Sandwiches of History, where the host Barry makes and tries all of those old sandwiches.

https://instagram.com/sandwichesofhistory?igshid=MTh1MjU3ODVjY2V2aA==

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

I thought the pattern in his pan was some kind of mesh strainer, at first, and wondered how well it would work to let the fat drain vs damage to the pan. And then he just poured the whole pool of fat into his taco shell.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/mGRCaCI.mp4

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Gently fondle the sack.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

My old job involved me cutting open dozens of these fellas a week so what I'm saying is I really know how to fondle sacks

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's just an extra-extra long clam. They kinda all look like that.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/W9Kg3xf.mp4

I'd eat it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Strangest drat things. They're man-made. Little drat things. Smaller than my fist. But they're new!

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
Looks exactly like the last several times I've had to lance an abscess on a cow. But brown.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

FreudianSlippers posted:

Middle Class used to mean rich but not aristocratic.

Like some middle class people were much richer than landowning aristocrats but were still "middle class" .

By British standards Etonite former prime minister and pig face fucker David Cameron is middle class because he isn't a Lord.
"Middle class" originally meant something like "not nobility, but can take a few months away from work to get into politics without becoming destitute". So, y'know, the middle point between "labor" and "nobility".

"High Earner, Not Royalty Yet" basically

Anyway, that wagyu taco nearly made me agree on the earlier "ketchup is for children" Chicago takes. I'm very glad it didn't have sound included.

stringless has a new favorite as of 09:36 on Nov 6, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’d rather have a nicely done Top Round than a Weekend Warrior Wagyu

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It comes with broccoli and two maraschino cherries?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Look at this clam's huge balls

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just cut it up like a regular chicken

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm going to deduct points for not whipping people madly with the phallic mollusk as God intended.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
*geodeduckt

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bottoms up

https://i.imgur.com/olVGev3.mp4

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I was so worried that would actually end up with the person drinking it, because I would have to remove this bookmark forever

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Dinner at Henry Spencer's again?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ok normally I’m a big fan of the fake not-at-all-like-watermelon pink candy watermelon flavour, but this is a step too far and only God can save Mr. Dew now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Gonna need a pepto dog after that one